Sup Forums advice on work

Hey guys, yesterday I started my first shift at an aluminum casting company. I was excited to make some cash and not be a NEET anymore. Unfortunately, pouring molten aluminum in a giant mould press all day proved too much for me. I thought I was in decent shape but 4 and a half hours into the 9 hour shift I had to leave work, as I was over-heated and close to passing out. On the way home I had to pull over and puke my guts out.

Now, I'm going in again tomorrow to try a different task. Maybe grinding or cutting instead of working with molten metal. My question is this: what's your job, how demanding is it physically, emotionally or mentally, and how comfortable are the wages? I was excited about this job because I can make $14/hour, but if I can't do the work I'll have to quit and go somewhere else. My cousin recommended I take some botany course for a couple years in college, then get a cushy job as some kind of City worker, driving around trimming trees and bushes. What do you guys recommend?

You have to eat strictly healthy, otherwise your body has not enough energy and needs too long to recover. Make nutrition your top priority. Also, have in mind that your body needs to adapt to the new activity, you should have prepared for it in advance.

Just keep working, you push beyond what u are used to. That's the point of it all. When i first started my 8 hour shifts seemed like eternity, my legs hurt like bitch.
Now after 4 years, i actualy enjoy my job. It is demanding both physically and mentally, because i am machinist, on small and large machines both, milling and turning both, manual and cnc both.

The thing is, it feels good when u are able to provide for your self, and u feel like u earned everything. You are the one in control.
Bonus from my job is that i get to make awesome stuff, by my own hands and mind.

Well it's hard to prepare for lifting heavy objects, out away from your center of mass, repeatedly, in front of 1200 degree furnaces all day. I don't think I'll ever be prepared for that type of grueling labour. As for nutrition, I have been trying to eat healthy lately. More veggies and fruit, less processed crap, but I'm still having trouble finding some optimum diet and sticking to it every day. The healthy food is also more expensive than the fattening stuff unfortunately. I may not be cut out for hard physical labour, but I'd rather not work at Metro or Tim Hortons either. I guess I'll have to pretty soon.

>f hours into the 9 hour shift I had to leave work, as I was over-heated and close to passing out. On the way home I had to pull over and puke my guts out.
>Now, I'm going in again tomorrow to try a different task. Maybe grinding or cutting instead of working with molten metal. My question is this: what's your job, how demanding is it physically, emotionally or mentally, and how comfortable are the wages? I was excited about this job because I can make $14/hour, but if I can't do the work I'll have to quit and go somewhere else. My cousin recommended I take some botany course for a couple years in college, then get a cushy job as some kind of City worker, driving around trimming trees and bushes. What do you guys recommend?
>>>

height? age? weight?

Just keep at it bro, your body will get used to it. I'd recommend working out and exercise when possibe, and what said. I experienced similar when I started ironworking. Now I can work hard all day without tiring too badly

My job is super easy I sit at a desk and shit post like an absolute retard on my phone for $33 am hour. I'm an accountant.

It's awesome but I have gotten really out of shape. I sit on my ass so much I am developing hemorrhoids.

6', 22, 180 ibs

Poat doc in biochem lab. Easy as fuck. Thinking about gettinf out of academia since its becoming too marxist. Probably go into policy like merkel, ya know?

If you notice your co-workers probably take short breather breaks to cool off and/or step away from the heat. Try to do that as needed. They don't have some super human ability you don't have. Unless you are a morbidly obese fatbody you'll be able to adapt to it in short order.

If you think work is supposed to be fun, you are mistaken. Why do it? So that you have the rent paid and food to eat... until mommy cuts you off you'll never be motivated.

You should exercise and prepare as close as possible. You may not have a 1200 degree furnace at hand but you may dress very warm when you exercise.

You should only buy natural, unprocessed, organic food, ensure you get enough calories, proteins and all the minerals and vitamins (including vitamin D). Eat a bit fruit and a lot of vegetables. Strictly cut all the sugar, food additives, preservatives, artificial colours etc. It is an investment in your health and you get the money back by earning more and save costs related to illlnesses. Totally cut any liquid Jew, smoking or the vidya Jew. This will gove you additional funds.

I stopped working for six years solid when my physical problems got bad. I spent the time trying to actually figure out what was wrong with me. Turned out I had osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and degenerative disc disease. (my l4 and l5 discs are completely emptied and herniated)

After finding that out, I somehow ended up in construction doing HVAC. It's utter hell, but I've gotten used to doing it, and the sense of satisfaction that I have at the end of the day is fucking superb.

So tl;dr - I'm a train wreck of physical problems and I do construction. You can cast aluminum molds.

I know work isn't fun. I've had jobs before, but working at a forge dehydrated me and completely drained me of energy. Also it's 9 hour shifts, with a half hour lunch and two 10 minute breaks. If I start at 3, I don't get a break till 6. I just can't do that specific job, but like I said, I'm going in tomorrow to try my hand at something else. I was pouring aluminum into moulds and making things, the other jobs are grinding and cutting off excess metal from the things I made. I'll try that.

Work at home making 12/hr as a PC tech for mostly old people.
The people are far more challenging than nearly any technical issue they give me. getting them to download and run a program so i can remote in often takes half an hour.
Mentally draining in ways i just don't have the life force to even articulate anymore.
But it does let let me fap and browse pol all day while im waiting for something to load.

Lose some weight chang

>tfw my dad worked with that shit while doing university and training as athlete
I cant complain, even to myself, about how hard things are desu

Do you work out often? If not, do so, especially if you wanna keep your job. You're in hard graft territory- it will get easier as you go, but honestly? there's no easy way out of it without quitting and working at a local supermarket or some shit.

Consider looking for another job during your free time if you really can't take it. Nothing wrong with that, especially if you're jumping straight into another line of work instead of going back into NEETdom.

user you will be a beast of you persist. You're lucky you get to do manual labor. Make sure you can advance in the company, though.

180 pounds isn't fat, especially at 6'. I'm not Chinese either, even if they're trying to take over.

OP, you need to hydrate more and incorporate more sodium into your diet. Also, no coffee or other caffeinated beverages before work. I learned this the hard way during my time in the Marines.

I serve tables and bartend, and make about $15-20/hr on avg. Basically jusy getting drunk and fucking around with customers. Also have a few side hustles that i do just for extra cash. 23 years old and about to finish my finance degree.
WORK SMART NOT HARD. Or you'll end up with a fucked up body when you hit 40 like most guys in this thread.

The white master race everybody.

I'd rather go work at a supermarket or coffee store than go back to being unemployed. I've been off work for 2 years now and it's a shitty, useless feeling. I've been getting more physically active the past couple months, but you're right that I need to have a daily workout session, not just "when I feel like it."

don't give up. In about a week or 2, it will be easy.

giving up after one day

I was drinking a lot of water during the shift but I had a stomach ache from it, maybe I was drinking too much. Doesn't sodium dehydrate?

>implying people on Sup Forums are white

Where is the politics in this thread? MODS!

I didn't give up asshole, I'm going in tomorrow to try a different task. Maybe I'll go back to the forges at some point but I couldn't physically do it. That's not my fault, I would have collapsed from heat exhaustion if I continued to push myself harder than I'm capable of.

DON'T QUIT YOU PUSSY.

Yeah, manual labor sucks. It can also pay pretty well. You are young and your body will harden for this work in a few days. In a month it will be easy.

Stay hydrated. Keep a bottle of water with you if possible.

You have to gradually hydrate throughout the day. You were probably cramping up and feeling light headed because your body expelled all of its sodium. On a FEX, we would be encrouaged to eat sodium rich foods. Your body needs sodium and when you sweat a lot you lose it all.

Keep at it, at least for 4 months, and especially if you haven't done this kind of work before! It will build character, as well as help you get back in shape. It's a good thing to have had experience doing manufacturing work. WHILE you are doing this take a class or two in the evening to see if you want to go to school full time.

>I started my first shift at an aluminum casting company

>Hey there, sweetness. This your first time?
>Uh huh
>Well look at you. So shiny yet matte. You nervous?
>Mmmm a little
>Just relax. We're just going to chat a bit, and then maybe foil around a little. Do I call you Al?
>Ally, please
>Ally. That's cute. Spin around for me, Ally. Hmm. You have some nice cans. What's your atomic number, baby?
>13
>TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF

Sodium helps your body retain the water you drink instead of pissing it out immediately

Similar kind of position. Get an exercise bike or a small dog if you can handle one. Set a time to work out, or go out (walk your dog at least twice a day, and don't be afraid to walk very far), and force yourself to get up at a reasonable time.

I post a slightly non-political meme and it gets 404ed, this shit get's by just fine though.

You got to understand that in those kind of job you are directly selling your physical capacity.
The aluminum worker here are the more paid of every one except professional career people so. You sell your physical capacity. Don't be chocked to lose them.

Drink more water you stupid fucking leaf.
You faggots must melt.

You need electrolytes you stupid nigger.

you probably put an apostrophe in the wrong place in your precious thread

Probably because it wasn't fucking funny and there's nothing to talk about, whereas here there are people responding with real information.

This is meta political, dumbass

People weren't meant to work more than 4-5 hours a day. Look at working hours throughout history, and then ask yourself why humans who work 8-12 hours are bitter, stupid, weak, and rotted out by cancer.

Underrated.

I hear ya there. This job is so god damn boring and pointless it sucks my soul.

Thinking about going back to school to become a teacher because I don't want to work during the summer anymore.

work hours per week are actualy in steady decline since the start of 20th century, so i have no idea what the fuck are you talking about.
Before 20th century, people literally worked all day, as standard, then they introduced organised shifts as industrialization started. In start norm was 12 hours a day.
Now the average is 40 hours per week, and thats more than enough of leisure time.
I work 6 days a week, average 50 hours per week, Sunday free. And only thing i dont like is working Saturdays. But the specialty of my job ties me to it.

With todays standards of industrialization, you would not be able to do shit for 5 hours a day. Technology is the one that will dictate how necessary are the people for production.

Maybe grinding and cutting is better for you atleast your safe and will get to try out a different task.

Buy wet wipes/baby wipes and tucks medicated pads and work out atleast twice a week at the gym

You arent a man unless you can do hard manual labor. Key word CAN, that is, making more in a comfy office job is obviously the goal for many. But basically you need to toughen up faggot. Drink more water and eat better. This is your crucible to stop being an insufferably weak faggot. Hard times are coming do you want to be mentally unprepared for hardship?

T. Wildland Fire derp

Route Sales for Frito. Been doing this for around a year and make $60Kish. Base salary is $52K plus bonus (beating sales goals) but bonus usually isn't a struggle. Long days though. A slow week is 50 hrs and a holiday week can easily be 60. As you gain seniority you get raises and can change to an easier route. If you've been doing it for 15 years you probably make $65-70K on 40 hours.

I assume you sell the same shit in leaf country. Ruffles and shit-tier lays brands here do better up there, but I have no idea if the business structure is the same.

You need zero qualifications here (you use a handheld to order, you drive a truck/van to deliver, and you stock the shit), although licensing may vary in Canada. I drive a 24ft box truck with no CDL, although I do have to pass a physical that shows I'm not a blind drug addict who can't hear police sirens.

I almost took a job loading trucks for $23/hr at a distribution center. There was minimal OT possibility though so I went with the higher $$/year than $$/hr job because I have 6 kids and am trying to carry the breeding load for humanity, but truck loading isn't a bad gig. If your problem is 90 million degrees versus just being able to lift shit then it's probably better than what you're doing.

You're just young, 20-26 everything is 2x harder than it actually is. Just keep going and don't feel bad about your limitations, you're still young. I'm 28 now, I don't work out that much, and I can do things I never could when I was 22.

ahhahaha god damn

I probably sold parts for your non ferrous aluminum holding quench furnaces

>this manlet thinks 180 lbs at 6' is fat

your body adapts after a while. I've also done manual labor jobs such as this. Next time, come prepared with a shit ton of water, eat really healthy, do anything in your power to keep your body temp down while working, consider exercising lightly

>throughout history
>start of the 20th century
Bosnian education, everyone.

Drink some water you dunce

Read the thread. I was drinking lots of water. I think the one user said I need more sodium, because my body can't use the water without sodium. Some other cunt was talking about electrolytes. I'll eat more veggies and shit.

No you mix electrolytes in water and drink it. Electrolytes are minerals

one more bump in case anyone has something to add before thread is archived.

MAN UP AND CAST THAT IRON LIKE A MAN
IT IS LIQUID TESTOSTERONE
seriously you will grow the manliest beard on earth, get ripped as fuck and your sweat will make women ovulate instantly

t. office chair farting linux faggot

oh and yeah you have to drink at least 3-4liters a work day and watch the color of your piss to prevent dehydration.

or you can drink a lot of alcohol , come into work slightly hungover and get better by quitting time and your body will use the energy from alcohol over any other source.

That sounds completely retarded, alcohol is a poison not an energy source.

Go to America for a year. Learn how to be a man. Go back to Canada, and be a cuck the rest of your life.

Got me giggling like a school girl.
10/10

Give me a break. America is cuck-central.

Thanks for the bump.