Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums
My dog just passed away. He was a dachshund I adopted 8 years ago from an old barn, where he was heavily neglected and had various diseases. I took care of him, brought him back to health, and cared for him. He was probably my closest companion for certain parts of my life.
He turned 16 fairly recently, and died today from old age. Frankly he was practically already dead, He had been doing nothing but laying around and starving himself for about a week, it was quite clear his life was coming to an end.
When was the last time you lost someone or something you really cared about, Sup Forums?

Last week, my goldfish dies. I buried him and performed a puja for him.

Don't worry,it will only make you stronger.

This thread is a pasta pajeet.

>Last week, my goldfish dies. I buried him and performed a puja for him
why didn't you flush the dead fish down the toilet like a regular person

ohhh wait.

I have a functioning toilet but there is a scarcity for water

>PAJEET CAN'T AFFORD TOILET
>BUYS Sup Forums PASS

OP is a huge faggot copy pasting and 2 pajeets came out of nowhere.

Bizarre.

Sounds like you gave a hopeless doggo a very good life for many years. You should feel happy about that, and go save another doggo. Sorry for your loss

>implying this is pasta
Fresh meme medkit, go snort some more nazi gold dust from a hookers ass.

Last Wednesday I lost my dachshund. He will be missed.

My dog died last year. I had him since I was 10 years old. It hit me fucking hard to lose such a faithful companion. I cried like a baby. I still think about him a lot and get sad. Pic related, him much younger.

My granny died, I lost my dog and a family friend died. I feel nothing. I didn't cry. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.

>puja

Why does everything in your culture involve poo?

never lost, never will

My dog passed away in January. I put him to sleep, he had cancer. I can feel you, OP.

>I feel nothing. I didn't cry. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.
I thought that was the case with me too, user, but then I realized it all affected me severely and I pretty much ended up with mild PTSD or some shit.

How did you overcome this? I'm going through this now since my mother died last year. I have a functioning job and stuff, but all i do when i go home is vidya, then youtube vids, then shitty sleep, rinse and repeat the next day. On the weekends i just drink, and that is all I seem to do.

To everyone ITT who's lost someone they loved, I'm so sorry. It's happened to me too, so I very much understand.

What I've come to realize is the pain of the loss is the price of feeling love. And it's not simply a price, the pain is what helps me always remember how much I loved them and they me.

We'll all be together again at the Rainbow Bridge.

thx for that user

bump

2 years ago my dog died at 5 with a twisting of the stomag I was sad as fuck and thee previous my other dog died he lived to 13 and died of old age that dog was with me almost my hole life that was also sad as fuck

the previous year*

I'm sorry for your losses. I've buried goldfish too in the past. It felt more respectful than flushing them, which was the way the family did some. I lost relatives, my dad and two brothers, a good friend killed himself, i had a rescue dog who was my canine "daughter" we were telepathic.

I lost myself and I dont remember when.

OP, im sure he had a good life.
He had you.

*not almost crying*

I hope I haven't got PTSD I had a pretty fucked up school life as a kid.
I just generally focus on myself. I lack any emotional discorse at this rate. Sometimes I just want to watch the world burn.

Think about your mother and how she cared for you, what she wanted for you, the memories, the times you disappointed her, or made her proud. Just let your emotions come to the surface. You can smoke some weed or drink a bit of whiskey to help you get in touch with your emotions. You should have cried at least once by now and gotten over it. Her dying and you not feeling sad at all is unnatural.

Some things I've learned through losing immediate family:

1. Stay emotionally connected to other people. Grief is an emotional burden that needs to be discharged. If I never share that emotional burden with others, I'll just keep carrying it (for years or decades).

1a. In the absence of a new source of love I can hold on to the grief much longer than I need, simply because at least with the grief I have *something* - which is still an emotion, a connection, and not the emptiness of nothing at all.

2. I have to explicitly work to fill the inner void left by the loss. It's the emotional equivalent of burial, I *must* intentionally choose to find and do new things - otherwise even if I've let go of my grief I'll still be empty. This can be excruciating at first, and as it goes on it can seem backwards (why not wait until I feel better to do things?), but emotion and action are connected - and it's by taking positive actions even when we don't feel like it that positive emotional states return.

Letting go can be very, very, very, very hard. But if one starts to do the things that are associated with new life (be with people, develop a new hobby, start a garden, anything connected and creative - hard as it might be to start)...then new life will return.

Best wishes to everyone struggling with loss.

what happened, mo chara?

I don't know.
As a kid I got severely bullied at primary school by both teachers and other kids. I eventually left that school. I think it emotionally fucked me up so much that I lack any sort of emotion when it comes to someone dying. I can't dare I say got use to death but I just suck it up and deal with it.
What the fuck do I do?

ty anons

>What the fuck do I do?
Same thing you'd do to recover from any other serious injury - lots of exercise and care for whatever the wounded part was.

You're trying to treat an injury that only heals with exercise by resting. That's not unreasonable to try, it just doesn't work. Our emotional body is like our physical body, and unless we exercise it it never heals, it just stagnates and decays.

If you contact a local hospital or hospice they can connect you with grief counseling organizations of some flavor. That will at least be a start. It sounds like you need to grieve losses both from the present and from the past.

It's no different than any other exercise. I can't stay on the couch waiting to lose weight before I go to the gym. I have to get off the couch and go to the gym in order to lose weight.

But if you *do* the exercise your emotional body *will* return and rejuvenate itself.

I have cried, yet it still haunts me

You never see Muslim dog owners. That's how I know those people have no souls.

>smoking weed to help your emotions
if anything it blocks everything out, turns me into a fucking plant without any emotion

If we eat factory-farmed meat (difficult as it can be to give it up) we're not much better.

Thx yanky senpai.

God invented Dogs to help us user. They are our best companions, besides a good redpilled wife. You should stop worrying and know that God has your dog's life undercontrol now. Go out and buy a new doge.

In other words: GRACE. Grace a will get you through, if you accept it.

my new Golden Retriever

One year, 6 months and 14 days ago. It seems like a lot longer.
God Bless, user.

Last June I had to put my 11 year old English Pointer down. She was so full of energy and we worked her for hunting but le cancer decided we weren't allowed to have her for long. Then one of my grandparents died. Then my dad lost his job. Then my grandma died (2016 was fun), then my uncle, and last grandpa at only fucking 59. I swear I've been around nothing but death these last two years and I hate how self aware I've become in the meantime because of how impossible it is to ignore all of these back to back.

Unironically, having a pet could help you.
Autistic children often improve their condition with the company of a dog. I'd suggest you try, only, of course, if you don't feel sadistic pulsions.