I fucking hate the fact that there as no such thing as a decent conversation...

I fucking hate the fact that there as no such thing as a decent conversation. I would clean my room to see jordan peterson speak but there are people who just piss away that opportunity to maybe learn something. why do people do this

if you cant pay someone to clean your home what are you doing faggot? clean your own house? hah. what a joke

Technology and modern life killed actual conversation. AinĀ“t nobody got time fo dat shit now

i could, but i dont like people i dont know in my home.

i think this is true. Im pretty much burried in technology but i still have a strong desire to speak with people

I had a project i wanted to start but wouldnt have the time or recources.

I wanted to rent a place and have it be a public speaking platform where anyone could get up and speak and say whatever they wanted to and talk about and debate what they wanted with an audience and kick out anyone who either wouldnt let the other person speak or try to actively silence or hurt someone for ideas.

I'm trying to sort myself out.

I reorganized my room.

I cracked open How to Win Friends and Influence People and I'm taking notes as I read.

I am joining a Krav Maga studio.

I'm getting my liquor service license.

I think I should look into developing a business plan to get a business grant, but this goal seems a little less easily approachable.

im proud of you. im in the same boat

ive been depressed as fuck for the last year or so and ive come to realise its 99% my fault.

ive been masturbating less, going to the gym a couple of times a week. not really /fit/ level but just getting excersice until i have a bit more time to devote to gains

started actually studying hard and understanding what im going to school for.

>feels good to see things get better

I share your newfound meaning of life thanks to Peterson. He has made me understand myself and the world around me. I have changed my diet, began exercising, and am actively rescuing my father and slaying dragons.

I have been learning to survive in nature and read the bible. I will be joining the military to use my computer science skills instead of getting a job in the civilian sector.

My goals in life are to acquire my own land, have a white wife with good morals, and raise many healthy white children and train them for the race war.

although i am an athiest, i really like to listen to him talk about theology. Glad to hear youre changing things for the better

I am hoping that my back is better. I will book an appointment with my chiropractor who helped me earlier in the year to see if I'm cleared to lift weights again. I'm so happy and confident when I have a nice body. I used to be /fit/.

I went on a tinder date recently and the girl ended up being fuckin way fatter than the slim girl that was in her photos (old pics) and I didn't have the balls to tell her I'm not attracted to her. I even saw her again intending for nothing to occur and I felt pressured to kiss her goodbye and I'm disgusted with myself.

I really hope that sorting myself out will return me to the cool, confident state I once maintained.

I too am an atheist. But I have learned the beauty and importance within religion thanks to Peterson. Obviously the ridiculous claims and politics should be ignored but think deeply on the translation of biblical lessons to your own life and the world around you.

The key ingredient to this making any difference is to not tell anyone you are doing them

as soon as you tell people it becomes something it shouldn't be and will fail

I saw Peterson speak in Oregon and there was literally only one person protesting in the back. They only found the opportunity to yell "Shame!" twice throughout the whole talk because he barely said anything that could even be perceived as offensive.

I blame algorithmically curated "content stream" sites like twitter and Facebook. Their goal is to get people spending as much time as possible on the site, obv, but that's lead to major complacency. People aren't interested in hearing anything new-- they only want the things they've seen before because it's all they've been trained to want.

I found so much more interesting shit on Youtube for example, once I figured out how to turn off the view history and recommendations. Fucking HnK clips? I forgot that anime fucking existed! Chip tunes from old times? Fuck me I forgot anyone was into this shit!

I really recommend that if you use youtube or any other google site, look up how to disable and "pause" your account history. It's almost like youtube was back in 2008-- just endless rabbit holes to get lost down, but strangely even though I spend much less time there now it's far more fulfilling.

Anyway, what were we talking about, conversations? Yeah, dude, the hard part is finding people who want to talk about anything worthwhile or meaningful. I think people are adjusted nowadays to not do that because it doesn't get as much attention as fucking selfies.

I've noticed this actually in my life.

Brains can be so shitty.

>tfw ive never been /fit/ but used to have alpha-lite confidence until 2 dogshit relationships killed it

its a struggle to get back. My biggest issue being i am terrible at initiating a decent conversation with someone brand new unless its at some kind of concert or something where there are already established commonalities between the people there. Tinder has been a failure for me.
its a fucking hard struggle

I need to find out if hes going to be near me anytime soon. Were there tickets? if so what were the prices?

This is probably more of a filter than a magic ingredient. If you're starting this enterprise for the wrong reasons, you won't see any point in doing it if you can't tell everyone about it, so it's already doomed.

If you're starting it for the right reasons, you won't feel the need to use it as a huge virtue signaling opportunity.

Holy fuck, are you me?

Exact same deal, two awful relationships destroyed my psyche and began the snowballing effect of my downfall.

will definitely be looking up how to do that.

theres a guy that i see every once in a while at my work and we always talk politics. Hes a pretty hard libertarian and i think im more on the classical liberal side, so we have a lot in common but some definite differences. we talk and share ideas and take shots at each other and its all in good fun. I really like that dude, wish i would see more of him.

i dont think conversation is dead yet, but i think with a younger generation it definitely will be. Being 20 is a weird age and to not be completely absorbed in fb/twitter/etc and to crave a genuine conversation

I struggle with meeting new people also. Like I said though, I cracked How to Win Friends etc. and I'm going to apply what I learn.

The thing is, I do just fine when someone initiates communication with me. So I just need to get that shoe in the door and I will be loads better.

im pretty sure we are the same people. exact same shit. might have to look into that book, what do you think of it? worthwhile read?

as far as lifting goes, i know it sounds gay as fuck. try yoga. look up a few beginner videos on YT. i want to get back into it. it feels amazing and has lots of benefits.

It's highly recommended universally.

I have read only a bit so far but from what I can tell, it is excellent.

I'll look into yoga. I've done it a bit before.

good shit. might pick up a copy then.

yoga is like lifting. the first few times might not show much but soon youl start to be way more flexible, i have lower back pain from piss poor posture all of my life and when im consistant with it, it goes away. its also another way to get /fit/. not by /fit/ standards but some of that shit takes real, genuine strength to pull off.

The worst thing about social media is that it makes people think they're "with it" because it gives them the same feeling they'd get talking to a huge crowd of people. They feel like they're getting different points of view but it's all curated. It makes them think their tiny little box is all there is. They strut in like wolves from the hunt when all they've been doing is chasing a stuffed animal on a string all day.

And then when someone disagrees with them it's like "How does this guy think X when *everyone* thinks Y? I'll just go over and repeat what I've read a thousand times on twitter."