Synthwave Counter-culture

I have noticed a rise of vapor wave style aesthetics being associated with Sup Forums friendly messaging, ranging from benign Professor Jordan Peterson lecture material to Nazi combat photos.

What caused the rise of this? Is this a growing rejection of modern culture or just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

thebadgeronline.com/2017/02/memetic-warfare-fashthetic-trolls-alt/
youtube.com/watch?v=4tsiiopWE70
youtube.com/watch?v=-0olc3qJjLM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it came from the dailystormer

Big enough to trigger cunts

>thebadgeronline.com/2017/02/memetic-warfare-fashthetic-trolls-alt/

Also, please post any examples you have. I honestly fucking love all of it. Especially ones that are sized to be desktop backgrounds.

How so?

vaporwave, synthwave, neon-aestetics & lo-fi hiphop

What video or interview is this referencing?

comfy thread

please post more

cringe thread

>tfw you pioneered the original black turtleneck look but that faggot Steve Jobs took it away

The Welsh have a word for that: hiraeth

Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=4tsiiopWE70

>Hiraeth bears considerable similarities with the Portuguese concept of saudade (a key theme in Fado music), Brazilian Portuguese banzo (more related to homesickness), Galician morriña, Romanian dor, Russian тocкa (toska) and Ethiopian tizita

I watched a UK TV interview of him the other day, it was recorded in the 70s while Mosley was about 85 or something. Still had a sharp mind and spoke well.

>hiphop

b-but that's nigger music

and lo-fi is for vegan hipster cucks

I'm confused

>What caused the rise of this?

SOMEONE MADE A GUIDE AND POSTED IT.

'toska' is closer to 'spleen'

youtube.com/watch?v=-0olc3qJjLM

You fags don't even understand vaporwave or have any aesthetic sense. Some 15 year old kids made these and they look stupid.

The 80s are in, the aesthetics, the music.

It was a sort of pre-(((post modern))) era, before the 90s cynicism, pre-gangster rap, a more optimistic, innocent era.

>You fags don't even understand vaporwave or have any aesthetic sense

nonsense
there is a determined effort to bring back the 80s and all that was good in it

RIDE THE TIGER

FILL YOUR ASSHOLE WITH PCP

FIGHT A CHAIR

Vaporwave has been dead for at least a year. Alt-reddit got a hold of it and inserted le epin nazis into it for maximum upvotes.

The 80s wasn't all optimism, there was a strong anti-nerd culture, anti-nuke sentiment was probably at its height and we had the rise of the financial elite. But it was still comfier than this dystopian hell.

Oldfag here. What is vaporwave, exactly? These all look like the cover art for my old Gary Numan & Ultravox records.

Vaporwave is taking 80s and early 90s music, slowing it down, looping it and selling it on Bandcamp for $15.

I find nuclear warheads being pointed at us by the Soviet Union not nearly as unnerving as watching Sweden, the UK, France, and Germany transformed into Islamic countries.

And give me masculine anti-nerd bully culture over SJWs any day.

Did I forget to mention the music? 80s music gets made fun of the most, but that's because it was the best. The other decades are jealous that they couldn't produce anything like Depeche Mode, the Smiths, or New Order. Even the cheesy hair metal was fun.

Ah, guess I'll stick to the originals then m8

It's basically a niche retro music and aesthetic movement drawing on 80s electronica, neon lo-fi style cues and fashy symbolism.

It's a meme music genre. The kind of thing that people force themselves to listen to in order to be "cool." Like 20% of vaporwave is listenable and decent music, 80% of it is kind of inside joke.

That's too bad. Late 70's and early 80's produced some legitimately beautiful sounds via electronica. It's one of my favorite eras in music.