Climate change is a myth, we should remove all regulations from factories!

>Climate change is a myth, we should remove all regulations from factories!

Reminder Sup Forums actually believes this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Owm25OHGglk
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2008GL035333/full
ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/ch8s8-6-3-2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>If you don't believe in climate change, you belong in a prison cell with guys who inject smack into their eyeballs
Reminder Bill Nye actually believes this

Pls keep regulations or i will drown eventually

Climate change deniers only focus on greenhouse effects

They think it's okay to pump our air full of CO and dump cyanide into our rivers, because "climate change is a myth", and don't care how toxic it is to people.

Is it legal in the USA to wear those surgical masks burgerfat?

uncommon

But you wouldn't let the mentally handicapped in prison for no reason, would you?

all those gommunest regulations sure haven't helped china's environment

Global warming would be pretty cool imo

Neolibs unironically want America to become China and don't know the 1880s existed.

why does it even matter if it's real? our children will just evolve to live in higher CO_2 environments, that's the whole point of natural selection

What regulations?

>Modern China
>Communist
Retard.

Glub glub.

>Pollution/Smog
>Climate Change

Two different problems also no arguments and no working models. Please come back if you can actually proof manmade climate change.

>I actually liked the day after tomorrow.

Yea neat movie.
Especially when the soldiers get snap frozen

but you do know that this movie was complete horse shit and made no sense in terms of the science, right?

newfag

why not just strengthen tort law?

pollution in the image is somewhat different to burning fossil fuels leading to an increase in CO2 (plant food) in the atmosphere

CO2 which is natural and needed by plants is way different than other pollutants, methane, SO2, and other shit that will make you sick or kill you.

besides a warmer planet means a wetter planet, more CO2 with warmer and wetter means a greener planet.

it's not independent of climate, since these aerosols can both scatter incoming solar short-wave radiation, act as cloud condensation points (thus effecting cloud cover) and modulate cloud albedo

Are you the guy with the sexually active 12 year old daughter?

Fuck off Nomentum.

Is everyone on here being stupid intentionally? Pollution and CO2 are two different things. Everyone here who doesn't know this please drown in a Chinese river.

>All of climate change is a myth.
Nah, Anthropogenic Climate Change (humans are the primary driving cause of climate change and are responsible for the mild heating trend) is an as-yet unproven hypothesis which to my knowledge has at least if not more than 70 failed predictive models to it's name. Despite the fact that it's proponents have tried and failed nearly one hundred times to produce a functional predictive model, they still espouse their hypothesis as absolute fact and often rely on a pure argument from authority/popularity (the inaccurate but often repeated 97%, which fails to account for the fact that many of the studies, articles, and papers cited are only tangentially related in the first place or that many of the authors of said works have some level of disagreement with the anthropogenic climate change hypothesis).

Since the 30's (when reliable data started being collected) the planet has experienced several small warming and cooling periods with the most likely future being a gradual warming from the currently carbon-starved and near ice age environment we currently reside in.

Not to mention that carbon warming is running into what could be a case of diminishing returns, considering that global warming has begun to slow slightly. While I'm not an expert I'd assume this is because warmer temperatures release more water into the air, more water means more clouds, more clouds reflect heat from the sun back into space thus resulting in an overall cooling effect.

Now obviously I'm a layperson and could be talking completely out of my ass, so here's an actual accredited scientist: youtube.com/watch?v=Owm25OHGglk

B-but it's the People's Republic. Must be communist.

the only interesting point in your post is the one about evaporation and clouds.

You're wrong in thinking that there is a negative cloud feedback for several reasons:

- warmer temperature does mean increased evaporation, but water vapor is a very powerful greenhouse gas, so it works to amplify the warming, not diminish it

- the radiative effect of clouds is very uncertain and intersects with zero. That's because clouds have the dual effect of reflecting both short-wave radiation into space as well as long-wave radiation back to Earth. Which all means that it is (yet) unknown if increased cloud cover causes overall warming or cooling

- this feedback can be debunked quite easily by taking a look at the geologic record, which unambiguously shows that injection of carbon into the atmosphere results in a warming, not a cooling (see pic related as an example)

Neat, got a source for these corrections and the graph? Not calling you into question, just interested in learning more on my own, as I said I'm a layperson as of now and will remain so for a few years.

>What regulations

The constant ones they talk about. Having pollution police in the northern provinces. China constantly lies about their efforts. China is a strong government and strong government is the solution to climate change. They can make all their citizens eat bugs and shit in holes just like that.

what factories?

>talks about climate change
>posts a picture of smog
great job retard
climate change is not man made

>smog
>in a developing country
>in one of the most densely populated areas on earth
>IT'S BECAUSE THEY LACK REGULATION!!!!
Yikes, OP.

the first point is completely uncontroversial and based on very simple physics. You should be able to find out more by simply putting "water vapor feedback" into either google or google scholar
here's a random example
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2008GL035333/full

the problem of what role cloud cover will play in a warming atmosphere is explained in detail in the IPCC assessment report 4
ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/ch8s8-6-3-2.html
and they point out that
"[...] cloud feedbacks remain the largest source of uncertainty in climate sensitivity estimates."

The graph comes from a paper by Zachos et al. (2003), about a significant climatic event 55 million years ago called the "Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum", when enormous amounts of carbon (roughly equal to all the carbon in the worlds oil reserves) were injected into the atmosphere in a few thousand years. In response, temperatures rose by 5°C, deep ocean sediments turned black, several plant species went locally extinct, benthic foraminifera went largely extinct, insect herbivory sharply increased, mammals showed a sudden trend towards dwarfism and terrestrial ecosystems got kicked around with massive migration of animals

>Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum

Oh shit. That is whats going on in Kojima's Death Stranding.

Cool...

u fucking idiot CHINA ISNT even on the g7 board wich wanted to sign regulations on co2 emissions wich happiily Trump vetoed .
Climate change is the biggest scam to make western countries loose all manufacturing jobs and make china biggest producer of goods.

Thanks my dude.

So prehistoric Finno-Korean/raptor Jesus empire fucked up their climate too? Really made me think.

>I actually liked the day after tomorrow.

True that! In the end, they actually are going to make landfall in Africa and no doubt deal with the negroes accordingly.

Hell, there might even be a lesson to be learned about not being able to deal with invaders....

not really but you can't really rule it out either because the source of all this carbon is still a mystery. There are several competing hypotheses (peat bogs, deep sea methane deposits, huge wildfire,...) but none of them are completely consistent with the evidence

but that isn't even the largest climatic perturbation. If you go back another 200 million years into the past, you'll run into the "Permian hyperwarming event", when temperatures rose up to 12°C in a short period of time. This event also has another name, it's called "The Great Dying". Not only do 70% of terrestrial species and 90% of marine species die, for a while all evidence of forests disappears from the geologic record.

This planet needs a huge asteroid, so fucking bad.

You haven't even seen the clip retard.

He talks about imprisoning the executives of fossil fuel companies who knew the impacts of climate change beforehand and didn't say anything.

> no working models
>apart from almost all of them since 1981

> is an as-yet unproven hypothesis which to my knowledge has at least if not more than 70 failed predictive models to it's name
Source?

>Despite the fact that it's proponents have tried and failed nearly one hundred times to produce a functional predictive model
See pic