Europe without Christianity

I'm not a practicing Christian, however I strongly believe that the religion had a profound in pact on the West as we know it today, for the greater good. I Just had a discussion with a colleague who believes that it has held us back from progressing further as a people - is he bat shit insane? Europe was only noteworthy after the fall of the Roman empire, from the coming together of peoples under a common cause of Christ's teachings of love, respect and charity.

Architecture, philosophy, education, music... all direct results of Christianity, the list is vast and vitally important to understanding what has been inherited to us. To deny this is complete and utter ignorance.

I've decided that I'm going to read the bible, but from a humanist angle. I don't think that I'll ever believe in a god, however I'm intrigued as to what the teachings are in the new testament and what I can take from it to improve myself.

Are here any particularly good passages that any of you could recommend to me?

Step 1: Realize Christianity is a Jewish means of control
Step 2: Realize most christcuck threads are created by shills
Step 3: Realize "gods word" is the hearsay of man and nothing but conjecture
Step 4: Be spritual, not religious. Focus of self betterment and self meditation. The spirit in the sky is bullshit and is not going to help you.

>missing the point this hard
>atheistmemebase . c o m

you've misunderstood my post, I believe that it's more likely that unlikley that god doesn't exist.

I'm raising the question of how much good Christendom has had on western civlisation. I'm talking about the meaning of the teachings.

I'm not talking about an omnipresent being that's watching us in the sky.

Maybe read posts before dropping the "IT'S THE JEWS!!" meme.

If you truly want scrupture passages recommended to you, seek out the other 5-6 Christcuck shill threads that are on /pol at any given time. Or maybe do some research yourself onstead of flooding this board with your bullshit. This thread is no different.

just another edgy teenager who doesn't want to go to sunday school.

Again, read my post and you'll understand what I'm trying to explain.

There aren't any 'Chricuck' threads anyway. Stop being so dismissive, you're some 15 year old who thinks they've got the world/existence all figured out , when in reality you can't even keep your room clean.

You have to be more intrinsic, man, there could be more to it than you know - have you ever considered that? You have to put those feelers out and try to paint a better picture of your existence and place in the universe.

>I've decided that I'm going to read the bible, but from a humanist angle
Why? The point is that it is actually true

>DUDE CHRISTIANITY UNITED EUROPE LMFAO
>FORGET THE 4th CRUSADE, THE 30 YEARS WAR, THE VIKING AGE, THE NORTHERN CRUSADES LMFAO

absolutelysubversive.jpg

Christianity says that humans are created as image and likeness if God and are superior to all except God and everything from primitive matter to angels, all creation at created for us.
Im content with this statement to be honest

What are you trying to imply here? Are you saying that Jews are at the heart of pol being pagan so much now? You'd be wrong. Europeans cast down Christianity because it's a worthless foreign slave cult.

t. kike

>Ad Hominem
>Again, read my post and you'll understand what I'm trying to explain.
>Defends conjecture
>Ad Hominem

perhaps read and really try to understand
Romans 1.

also, all the teachings of love, respect and charity are only effective when they are taught with the idea that we are all sinners. Today's problem is that these things are taught without the teachings of sin. I don't know if this makes sense--I'm really bad at conveying things with words.

romans 3:23
romans 6:23
john 3:3
john 14:6
romans 10:9-11
2nd Corinthians 5:15
revelation 3:20

good luck with that.

Atheism meme base on kikebook.

Wow really makes you think

Why would you follow a middle eastern religion? You know we had our own religion before the Christians took over.

>JESUS DID THIS
Dumb politics in the name of God doesn't reflect the principles of the religion. The Quran calls for active slaying of non-believers. The Bible doesn't. Learn the difference, n00b, it might save your life.

>b-b-but muh old testament and muh wars
only the conquest of Canaan was a war that Isreal started, and even that can be considered taking back land that was originally theirs. The rest of the wars were in self-defense.

Christianity has hold back Europe's development, it's the high IQ people cooperating that made it what it is. Christianity is just poison and continues to be so to this day.

>You know we had our own religion

Yeah, it even burned books and destroyed knowledge better than any christian state ever did

>I'm not a practicing Christian, however I strongly believe that the religion had a profound in pact on the West

No shit. They call the West Christendom after all.

> I Just had a discussion with a colleague who believes that it has held us back from progressing further as a people - is he bat shit insane?

No, just ignorant. Fun fact: the modern university system was invented by the church.

>I've decided that I'm going to read the bible, but from a humanist angle.

Don't. Read it as someone who seeks.

> I don't think that I'll ever believe in a god, however I'm intrigued as to what the teachings are in the new testament and what I can take from it to improve myself.

I was like you when I was younger. The older I get the more convinced I am of fundamental interpretation ( not 100%, but pretty close). Most of what you *think* about Christianity being cucked is outright blasphemy on the part of the modern churches.

>Step 1: Realize Christianity is a Jewish means of control

>jews move heaven and earth to kill christ.
>jews constantly try to diminish christian authority and tradition.
>jews are preoccupied with christianity as an enemy to their ideals.

yah...sure thing. Don't worry, one day you'll get over your fear of being held accountable for your actions and become a righteous man.

Read Ressentment by Scheler user, it should be required reading for every redpilled Christian

>from the coming together of peoples under a common cause of Christ's teachings of love, respect and charity

Actually the coming together was under the church which was about mass control which is why Christianity unified and made Europe strong. The Church controlled the bible and Christianity and the Kings and Church worked in tandem to bolster eachothers' power over the people. Christianity was the most effective control method to unite Europeans to a common cause under God's chosen Kings. Love, respect, and charity have little to do with anything until after the Protestants which was far after Christianity made Europe the dominant region on the planet and at that point it became a religion which spoke to the downtrodden in particular.

As for you colleague he's making falsifiable propositions and baseless hypothetical. We have no idea what would have happened to the world if Christianity hadn't rooted in Europe as a method of government. It's like coming up with "What if Hitler had won?" scenarios. Who really fucking cares we're in the world we're in.

i think the success of christian europe stems mostly by the fact that they did not realy practise it as it was in the bible, they just redistributed diferent names to theyre already existing gods and kept theyre traditions intact, if europe realy where to practice christianity as jesus imagined it, we would literaly look like the midle east. Just look at antient rome, greese, egypt, all great civilizatins without christianity. In fact I think that it is the fact that we are european is what makes us great and that our history would progress probably the same or very similar way with or without christianity