AUSPOL sniffing petrol edition

>Is Australia heading towards the economic collapse we’re due to have?

news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/is-australia-heading-towards-the-economic-collapse-were-due-to-have/news-story/a160068d3eed73cc3f86eb639a322b4c

>How quickly talk changes: from ever-booming house prices to fears of a hard landing

theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2017/jun/01/how-quickly-talk-changes-from-ever-booming-house-prices-to-fears-of-a-hard-landing

>Australia must fix its ‘spectacular housing bubble’, Citi chief economist warns

domain.com.au/news/australia-must-fix-its-spectacular-housing-bubble-citi-chief-economist-warns-20170601-gwhq4n/

>Australia housing bubble is 'quite spectacular' says Citigroup's Willem Buiter

afr.com/business/banking-and-finance/australia-housing-bubble-is-quite-spectacular-says-citigroups-willem-buiter-20170531-gwhe3w#ixzz4ij894C6R

>Capital city house prices fall 1.1 per cent in May

news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/capital-city-house-prices-fall-11-per-cent-in-may/news-story/1673b01639bb27d8783c01113babb158

>NBN boss Bill Morrow ‘nervous’ he could be forced to leave Australia before the network is complete due to being on 457 visa

news.com.au/technology/online/nbn/nbn-boss-bill-morrow-nervous-he-could-be-forced-to-leave-australia-before-the-network-is-complete/news-story/2505e37ad5830288eceb1e8adf9afe9f

> Tony Abbott says Asio director needs to 'think again' on causes of terrorism

theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/may/31/tony-abbott-says-asio-director-needs-to-think-again-on-causes-of-terrorism?CMP=Soc_567

>Malaysia Airlines plane forced to return to Melbourne after passengers tackle man in bomb threat drama

abc.net.au/news/2017-06-01/malaysia-airlines-flight-turns-back-after-bomb-threat/8577910

Yesterdays thread: Dickcord: gg/RgSvKQZ

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian
archive.is/7UP9K
archive.is/V8PXL
news.com.au/technology/online/nbn/australians-are-not-ready-for-superfast-broadband-nbn-chief-says/news-story/2271ef7a1b9095ba21fe154a1bb0eb21
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Use archive.

>theguardian com/business/grogonomics/2017/jun/01/how-quickly-talk-changes-from-ever-booming-house-prices-to-fears-of-a-hard-landing
--> archive.is/7UP9K
>theguardian com/australia-news/2017/may/31/tony-abbott-says-asio-director-needs-to-think-again-on-causes-of-terrorism?CMP=Soc_567
--> archive.is/V8PXL

Fuck off you chink cunt.

>>NBN boss Bill Morrow ‘nervous’ he could be forced to leave Australia before the network is complete due to being on 457 visa

>According toThe Courier Mail, Mr Morrow said there wasn’t “that big of a demand out there” for it, and overseas providers found consumers weren’t making the most of high-speed downloads.
>“Even if we offered it for free, we see the evidence around the world that they wouldn’t use it anyway,” Mr Morrow said.
news.com.au/technology/online/nbn/australians-are-not-ready-for-superfast-broadband-nbn-chief-says/news-story/2271ef7a1b9095ba21fe154a1bb0eb21

I'm sure we'd fucking miss him, right? Dodgy cunt is just taking us for a ride.

i'm not looking forward to this housing crash, mates. i don't want to pay $5 for a litre of milk.

It's already $5 for a liter of milk here cunt. I'm in rural WA so I get to watch it all with a bucket of popcorn, I've been waiting for this for years.

Do you have "jobs" in Australia? How do you survive?

i must admit that i am happy to see everyone around me with 3 mortgages turn white with stress, but i'm not happy that i'm about to be hit by this.

i've been telling people about this though. none of them have listened.

most of us mine rock, but some of us get to act as recruiters if we clean our cells. please come.

I was hoping we'd see more houses finished before the bubble popped. There's reams of the fuckers that were meant to go up in the next couple of years out West Sydney, and had they actually gone up they'da been cheaper's chips after the bubble.

There's going to be plenty of cheap property soon enough. Half the houses the chinks have been buying up have just been sitting there empty, once they hit the market we're going to have plenty of

How do I befriend my Chinese neighbours ? My girlfriend and I are the only whites on our floor, they seem socially retarded and/or don't speak English .... Help me out here Chinese Aussies of Sup Forums

>once they hit the market we're going to have plenty of

Eh, doubt it. They'd go for more like 300-400k

Throw rice at them

>economic collapse
Let's meme it boys.

Time to sell was in 2016, now fund managers are reducing exposure to real estate, chinese capital is drying up, bank lending on interest only mortgages tightening up. Expect the collapse to start with those homoerotic high density suburban developments wannabe "property developers" have been churning out in the last three years. It's habbening!!!

ASIO is just for wannabe yanks with a CIA fetish.

Today I bummed around Brisbane CBD. It was pretty depressing desu

STRONGER GUN CONTROL IN QLD AND THE REST OF AUSTRALIA WHEN?

OC straight to auspol lads

>WE WUZ KONGZ N SHIT

>if you're one of those autists who lives at home and has $70,000 just sitting in the bank because you're satisfied with your miku body pillow and your fleshlight, congratulations on buying your first home at 24

How do you know me so well?
>Owner/Occupier, bought my home outright for cheap
>Own my car outright
>Been waiting for this for a very, very long time
You have no idea how much heat I'm generating by rubbing my hands together right now.

>Fosters
kys faggot

Is this Swinburne?

>>You have no idea how much heat I'm generating by rubbing my hands together right now.
maybe if we hook you up to snowy hydro we'll be able to save the oil industry...

Im about to pay off my mortgage completely. I just laugh at all these idiots that thought the ride was never gonna end. People were actually buying houses in the boom in my town, and now values have fallen 100 - 200k.

Are they committing suicide en masse?

Sydney avg house price will not drop below 750k.
Melbourne avg house price will not drop below 700k.

Institutional investors are looking for a 20% correction before buying back at the trough. This is how they make the bulk of their gains by market manipulation and clearing out risky mortgagees from the property market.

>Institutional investors are looking for a 20% correction before buying back at the trough.
by the way, hillary's chance to win is 99.5%.

wait until the cards are down.

any of these soon

Yeah I understand that. I bought my house off a relative, so I paid $35k for 2x2x1 under the board, no banks involved at all. I know people who recently bought 600k and 750k properties in Melbourne. They're shitting themselves. All I can say is "I told you so".

>federal election
win outright, labor.

Hey guys, what's the best thing to do with our savings if the economy does go to shit?

I'm saving to pick up a cheap house when the bubble bursts, but I realised our bank accounts will be worth nothing too.

Bank run?

Trade your AUD for USD before the crash then swap back after.

there's a good chance they'll restrict withdrawals, so keep enough money in cash for at least two weeks living expenses.

impossible considering we're all hooked into the plastic jew.

buy US 10yr treasury bonds.
Personally, if I had money and were not broke, I'd probably look at investing in Indian exporting industries. No such thing as flushing money down the toilet in India.
beat me too it, but yeah. UK's inflation is through the roof, EU will be fucked if/when Tsipiras defaults on IMF. CAD is similar to AUD. USD is by far the safest currency to hold your money in in the medium term.

Don't buy a house in the next year lads

Prescient. How can I trust you?

Whats actually going on there you lot having an economic collapse or something

I wouldn't bet me house on my opinion

>tfw just started working in construction and this happens

The GFC never offcially "hit" here. We're having our very own sub-prime housing holocaust: chinese laundering addition

Fucking archive your news links holy shit OP basic Sup Forums101

So property is extremely expensive in Australia? When is the bubble gonna burst?

Also how are chinks playing into this?

My old man worked construction in the early 90s and there was still shitloads of work. Don't worry you'll be right m8.

Remember the US collapse in 08? Similar thing.
Except there's also thousands of Chinese buying up our real estate. Also, we have a culture of "rent money is dead money haha" so the Boomers bought as many houses as possible, and now that they are the majority and own parliament, our laws protect multiple investment property owners rather then people who actually want to buy a home to live in.
Now it's literally impossible to own a house unless you're a couple with 2 full-time incomes and take a 20 year loan.

How much is the average house there in AUD

Rich chinks (the top 1% of China is 13 million people) buy land here and drive up the prices. Because the population is steadily growing, there's always demand for more houses

Do the labour party play into this? Is there any party with a policy to restrict the chinks

Median price in Sydney over $1 million

>if you're one of those autists who lives at home and has $70,000 just sitting in the bank
That's me!

Several hundred grand for an average house in an average neighbourhood, pushing towards a million for many big city neighbourhoods

Interest rates are rising on mortgages which are at 50% of post-tax household income. A lot of interest only mortgages and strategic refinancing while personal debt has continued to rise. Also, I'm not sure if mortgage brokers are still writing fraudulent home loans. There have been a glut of new apartments/ (((high density))) suburban developments which have high unoccupancy rates which are bought off the plan by chinese and finance streams are drying up from institutional investors since gov incentivised new dwellings back in early 2010s. Chinese capital controls were enacted last year which will see the steam run out of the market. Also, our govt is upping land tax and capital gains tax for foreign owners in 2019.

Fuck off chink, it's our country now

Labor are taking bribes from the Chinese.
Liberal are busy selling off all of our assets to the Chinese.

Hopefully they'll all kill themselves once there is a crash and all their money goes down the shitter

In Sydney it's Au$1m. That's about US$800k

House in Reservoir, suburb about an hour from the city sold for about 650-700k recently. Not particularly big. 2 bedroom.

So like a 3/4 Bedroom? If so fuck me that's a lot of fucking money

it makes me happy that the media are starting to shill really hard for an economic collapse. boomers seem to take this shit as gospel, and when they all "accept their fate", it will be a literal fire sale

prepare for the boomer tears, boys

this is gonna be good

it sucks for the young folk that bought at the height of the bubble, but just by doing a little bit of due diligence they wouldve realised it was a terrible idea. i do have sympathy for them, but not much

>Interest rates are rising on mortgages which are at 50% of post-tax household income.
man we must be impressing even israel with this debt slavery

more like US$720k

He's right that the rich assholes who caused this, will just profit from it again. House prices drop, rich cunt just buys up a bunch of cheap places, knocks them down, units up, cha ching.

Why do I have to pay income tax when I won't be in the fucking country for a few years??

sunni fags are the WORST

Where was the income earned?

You're an idiot. If investors don't buy/build rentals, where would a NEET like you live?

The problem is all the chinks and pajeets. Huge demand increase while supply is throttled.

Not to mention that giving 1 chink or pajeet residency means they bring wife and parents who will never contribute as much as they suck from the teat of the taxpayer.

Cause fuck you lol :^)))))

Also apart from the chinks are people still buying property in Australia or has everyone just stopped buying housing now

The real issue was interest only loans

Fuckers gamble on massive capital gains. When the gains stop the house of cards comes crashing down

Baby boomers and trust fund kids are still buying houses. And people who spend a ridiculous chunk of their income on mortgages

Minority of boomers may be still buying houses but I can imagine the majority cannot afford them.

I know nuke lakemba when

Gains will not stop. Our traitorous goverment will just allow a few more hundred chinks in to shit up the place again

a problem is that in most households, finances are controlled by females who are irresponsible and assume a shitload of CC debt and are basically financially illiterate. You can see this with singles, single men aim to live within means while women acquire heaps of CC debt for frivolous shit.
Forgot to mention mum and dad soi disant property moguls who watch the block and have 2-3 highly negatively geared property investments.

So is the majority just renting then and that rent money goes into chinks pockets which fuels the cycle

Resovoir an hour from the city... is that traveling by turtle

Millennial crybabies don't buy houses because they all want to live in nice city suburbs but can't afford it, and want to have 2 holidays a year and all the latest fashion/accessories.
t. Millennial homeowner in rural Australia

which banks are going to be hit the hardest? I'm with suncorp.

Precisely. Also that chink money most likely doesn't feed back into the economy either.

Not sure the exact percentages. Australia's had since at least WWII a very "gotta own your own home" attitude, even if it takes you decades and drastically affects your lifestyle. There's still a lot who skimp and save to do it, but it's lower than a generation ago.

Anglos can't afford to gain entry to the market. So more and more are renting, have given up and spend $20 for smashed avocado on toast at some shitty cafe.

Aussie buyers who got in early are making out like pirates.

Japan, I'm doing English teaching like every other weeaboo cunt. America, China, Korea and some other countries have a tax free agreement based on a certain threshold. Australia doesn't, so the first two years I'll need to pay tax back here so Mohammed can support his 8 kids.

i know that, i was disputing that the crash will stop at 20%.

>finances are controlled by females who are irresponsible and assume a shitload of CC debt and are basically financially illiterate.
this is why you never, ever, EVER, merge your finances with the finances of a woman. she'll write down your name for loans so she can get her new purse and then she'll take half of your shit once she's bored with you.

break the cycle. focus your autism.

This. Move to the country. Or at least buy your house there if you're going to buy.

>rural Australia
how do you get a job out there with no farm experience?

>Try to have a sound argument with my friends
>"I just delete whatever you say/I just ignore whatever you say"

Why are aussies too fucking stupid or slack to have a serious discussion for 30 fucking seconds?

She'll be right

When the housing market collapses in Australia I have family who will be absolutely wiped out there.

Iv thought for years Australian banks are taking part in risky behaviour. Giving out so much debt and letting people leverage their houses to an insane level.

No, a lot of chink properties are untenanted. No one's making a profit off of rental yields and in many cases are too much of a hassle (management fees, bogan tenants, wear and tear, taxes) and is easier to just write down the interest costs as a deduction and wait for capital gains.
Suncorp got hit pretty hard last night.
The big problem is refugee, bogan and fob suburbs which create shithole deadzones and prevent concentric development outwards of cities.

Any proper degree (STEM, Med, Law) or any trade will get you a decent job in the country. Even a few solid years experience and a good reference is enough.

If you have no education, trade, or experience, then yes, it will be difficult to get a good job in the country. But that's the same in the city, and I'd rather live in the country on minimum wage than fuck around with Sydney rent on minimum wage.

I am going to buy a cheap block of land and live in a shipping container

It is all I can afford but at least it will mine.

It's fucked because these cunts will literally defend circumcision and shit even when provided with evidence as to why it causes psychological damage and just go ''hurr you provided the evidence therefore I don't care''

Wont happen. They'll just flood us with more cashed-up chinks.

I know the value of land in my city and have rejected the mortgage meme accordingly.

If you have one house and no intention of selling and don't work in a meme job then crashing prices shouldn't really bother you. Sure it sucks your home now costs less than half what you paid for it, but you'll be alright.
If you have 3 mortgages and/or buy homes to flip for a profit, well fuck you I hope you go so far under you kill yourself.

Also stop telling people to come here. We're fucking full.

What people forget is many people will not lose their home if they dont have investment properties. They will hang out as long as possible and the banks will help them.

If my home loses 200k in value im not selling ill suck it up and keep paying as long as i can because it makes no sense to sell.

But i bought witj a 20% deposit have a wife who works and pay more than the minimum repayments

Are the Arabs in Australia that bad?

I have Kiwi friends who live there who say they are worse then Islanders and Maoris.

How they make public transport a nightmare because they annoy everyone on the train with threatening behaviour etc.

How do abos play into this they seem pretty subhuman

>STEM
>Engineering
Enjoy competing with 30k pajeets each year for 55k/yr jobs

They don't call them sand niggers for nothing

I'm not from Sydney so I wouldn't know but I believe they're really that bad.

As for Islanders, they're pretty fucking awful too. Thankfully I have a car and a drivers license so I don't have to put up with the subhumans and can commute in my own safe little bubble.

Abos basically get an interest free mortgage from the government if they can hold down a job for 6 months. Dozens have taken advantage of this.

I'm just a dumb cunt forklift driver.
>Suncorp got hit pretty hard last night.
what happened?
>Are the Arabs in Australia that bad?
They are bad everywhere. We've always had problems with Lebanese cunts since they came here.

Abos suck up welfare and spend it all on smokes and grog.