ITT: We post flags that are way better than their modern counterparts

ITT: We post flags that are way better than their modern counterparts.

Tricolor flags are lazy and uncreative.

Pic related doesn't exist anymore, but it used to be in South Africa.

It's such a shame we don't have the Prinsenflag. We could have had a original tricolour that really fits our history. Our current flag is boring and unoriginal.

The majority of European country's have them now for some reason. It's disgusting.

Very nice. I'd imagine it would be used for the people of South Africa who speak Afrikaans,
a Dutch-descended language.

you posted one of the few flags where the current one is better
>orange and blue are an ugly combination
>the orange is the color of one family, not the whole country

HRE

I prefer the simple non-kreigsmarine version

Yeah but aquafresh

In my opinion, the current Dutch flag is extremely generic and bland desu.
The red and very tasteless blue makes your brain uninterested.

The bright orange and bright blue of the old one made it stand out more in my opinion, it just fit with the type of nation the Netherlands was.

or this

I like the tricolor but not the crest at least not on a general purpose flag. its fine for ceremonial stuff but i think flags should be relatively simple in design

Also breddy gut

Speaking of this flag, does mama merkel get angry at people who display this flag?

it gets often used by neonazis who can't display the Nazi flag because of our laws so leftists du get triggered

>Dixie is the only answer.
LONG LIVE DIXIE

What about this one? Its a fake, but still looks pretty cool.

the last good working democracy in germany

Yeah thats good. Simple enough for a child to draw.

Pic related isn't real but it's an Australian flag design interesting design

Idk man. It kinda looks like a cheap toy flag.

At least its a little more original than the other tricolor nations

>wanting blacks on your country

Estonia is the most sexy tricolor flag today

At it looks like the country too lol

Kingdom of lombardi

another version

THREE FUCKING LEAVES

Damn it does too aye, that's really neat

the Coat of Arms is the true symbol of the country anyway

TRIPLE SHITPOSTING

I really like the Australian Coat of Arms desu

really cozy-looking

Hi, Dutchman here. New York and New Zealand are ours, thanks.

Ave glória,
Ave Império.

New Holland aswell no?

Hot.

You don't know that the current flag is actually older, right? The current flag was used by Holland at first, long before WvO. Even when the Prinsenvlag was an official flag it was just used on sea. (That might explain why South-Africa has used the other version as inspiration) However, the current flag was the official flag of the Republic from the beginning.

the emus have forced you to represent them in state symbols i see

Yeah we're taking New Holland back as well.
Also fuckin Suriname, Curacao, South Africa, The Dutch Indies, and some other crappy countries.

>current flag

from 2004. and better version

Add Indonesia to that.

You can keep Suriname though.

it's not that bad, i can't decide which is better desu

why did they change it anyway?

It was part of their demands for peace, yes.
We bow down to thou Emu.

I swear I can't figure out what the political situation even is in Suriname.
Some nigger pulled a coup and took over the government, apologized and then won the election democratically or something.
I don't even know if they're progressive or conservative. I speak Dutch but there's literally nothing about Suriname that interests anyone in the world.

idk, they are most likely retarded

on the current flag the eagle looks too cartoony, but i like the 4C's on the current flag than on the old one

Why doesn't Russia change their flag back to these colors? There are too many countries with red white and blue patterns. Some are just in lighter shades or different arrangements.

Pic related flew at federation, through ww1 and ww2 before blue ensign was made official flag.

take it pls and deport all the nonwhites to indonesia

This user gets it.

I dunno, you should ask Putin. I (and many more russians) would prefer the Imperial flag to the current tricolor too.

Fuck off cunt.

You cunts we're going to change your flag to a literal leaf...

in my understanding this was introduced in the napoleonic wars by Alexander I

while the red-white-blue was introduced by Peter the great from his dutch influence and was older and used more commonly

not that different, i preffer the St. Andrew flag desu
basically england flag but the red stripes come from the corners
pic related is missing the castilla flag too wich is basically a red background with a yellow castle in the middle

I really love Dannebrog though

Should have switched wa and tas positions for balance

A

FUCKING

HARP

The majestic unconquered emu

Atleast they're not crying for reperations or anything like that.

Knowing the history of this flag, I understand this isn't used anymore. But it's such a well designed flag. Couldn't it be the flag of some German Bundesland?

Problem is for imperial flag you guys need to reinstate the monarchy

The thing is that they probably are, but that the government itself doesn't have any money. The Dutch just stopped giving money after the 1980 coup.

>a original tricolour that really fits our history
It was used for like 30 years during the 80 years' war. It has far less to do with out history than our current flag, which is actually older.

Admit it, the only reason you like it is because you like edgy nazi symbols. If the NSB never used it, you wouldn't even know it existed.

Which one? Nieuw Amsterdam or Nieuw Zeeland?

Teutonic Order

St. George is all well and good, but a red cross on a white background is just about the most boring flag you can have.

>
>well designed flag
???
What do you like about the 3 stripe flags? I'm sure some hold meaning but they just feel so uncreative. The 2 stripe ones like Ukraine and Poland just blow my mind.

you mean like syria, egypt or yemen? they do not use the same exact order but same colours.

Because monarchists are an extreme minority.

Well that's pretty unverified, both flags were used in the past, and because of dye quality on both the flags and the paintings it's always been hard to guess whether it was supposed to be orange or red.
People like the prinsenvlag because Orange hits home with Willem van Oranje. I don't believe that the current king of the netherlands could possibly be offspring.

>mfw i just realize the Castilla y Leon flag is in the Texas Capitol
even americans have less irrational hate towards Castille than us.

the stripes have too much going on, make them regular and its cool

I guess it's better than just an emu with his big emu prick in their ass so there's that.

poo in blue

Preach it brother

Finland in 1918 was sexy

>from the first uprising against the roaches

>North won and niggers are still here
>implying if the South won and didnt send their monkey asses back we, to this day, wouldnt have Jim Crow*1,000,000.

>hey lets give a lion a human arm which stabs the lion in the face with a sword while the lion walks on scimitars.
I might have to disagree.

Livonia

best one

What about this? Unofficial flag of Finland in 1910

dude it's still a lion with an awkward boner and a sword in his face, but this time he's cropped into a corner.

another good one