Why did the Israelites go silly and make the golden calf when they'd kept their belief in the one god for all the time...

Why did the Israelites go silly and make the golden calf when they'd kept their belief in the one god for all the time they were in Egypt?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_make_unto_thee_any_graven_image
theoccidentalobserver.net/2017/01/07/exodus-redux-jewish-identity-and-the-shaping-of-history/
jesusneverexisted.com/egypt.htm
books.google.com/books/about/Berossus_and_Genesis_Manetho_and_Exodus.html?id=CKuoAwAAQBAJ&source=kp_cover
vid.me/Mx5p
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because the bible was made up by a bunch of barely-literate farmers who lived 500 years after Rameses was Pharaoh

The golden calf is JHWE. The issue is not that they worshipped another God it's that they tried to get God into their image. That's why God has a strict image prohibition and why the painting in st peter's is arguably the biggest blasphemy in the history of the christian religion.

>Why did the Israelites go silly and make the golden calf when they'd kept their belief in the one god for all the time they were in Egypt?
Because society always goes degenerate in times of abundance.

Intrigued; can you unpack a little?

Third Commandment

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_make_unto_thee_any_graven_image

God doesn't like idolatry

exodus never happened. fucking pyramids arent even mentioned you idiots.

theoccidentalobserver.net/2017/01/07/exodus-redux-jewish-identity-and-the-shaping-of-history/

In the 7th century BC a gaggle of émigré priests hiding in the mountains of Judea concocted 'Judaism' and a mythical history of racial origins. The Israelites did not come from Egypt – a palpable myth – but emerged from the local population. Check out how a marginal band of Semites re-invented themselves.

jesusneverexisted.com/egypt.htm

more dense/scholarly:

books.google.com/books/about/Berossus_and_Genesis_Manetho_and_Exodus.html?id=CKuoAwAAQBAJ&source=kp_cover

Want to have faith or know Truth?

Probably cause they were race mixing with pagan tribes

Yeah, I got that part; want to here your perspective on the painting.

YHWH used to belong to a pantheon of gods, he was a warrior mountain god. Over time through typical passing down of stories and religion, he became the only god, but remnants of the older, polytheistic style of YHWH remain present in the OT, pronounced more in some areas than others.. Like OP's story is much easier understood with the history of YHWH the mountain god in mind.

because they were used to having an idol

Israelites are not perfect. In fact, The Old Testament constantly depicts them as having faith in the father, then slipping, then falling into Jerusalem, bad times happen until they remember their father again, rebuild themselves back up, slip into degeneracy again, become destroyed, remember the father again, etc. etc. This is (a) basic structure of the OT.

What painting

Didn't mean to say "Falling into Jerusalem"

The calf made God angry because it attempted to bring God down to humans. Painting God as a human in St. Peter's is infinitely worse.

Idk about that. Worshipping the golden calf was considered degeneracy for a long time.

does YHWH mean jehovah?

Friendly reminder that God himself brought himself down to us in the Jesus Christ.

Kind of.

YHWH is the original Hebrew. IIRC it was translated from Hebrew, to Aramaic,to Greek, to Roman, and then to English, and we get Jehovah.

St. Peter's showcases the father not the son

the original religion of the semitic peoples; that later on became jews, was polytheistic. also the Egyptians kept construction of grand structures in-house the records they left are pretty clear on that

It's a metaphor for shekels.

I thought they were the same person

thanks i thought it was something like that

3 persons same Godhead

...and then prayed to himself, asking that he not sacrifice himself if it was not necessary.

lol trinity fags get out.

kind of makes you think...

I don't see why they would mention the pyramids. It's not an altogether unique style of building (look up step pyramids), and I just don't see why they would care.

>exodus never happened

Who cares. It's a great myth regardless it's historical accuracy or the divinity of the Bible. I think it might be one of the greatest stories ever written.

Also look up ziggurats. These pyramid-like structures were in a lot of places, and again, they really wouldn't be relevant to mention in the Biblical context.

This story has a lot to do with the passing of the astrological age.

Funny.....

>jesusneverexisted.com/egypt.htm
Now that seems like an unbiased source

This is one of the earliest depiction of Jesu

>imagery are bad
Meanwhile in early christianity

The Bull symbolizes Mammon the God of Gold and Riches and The only God Jews worship. In the bible God had to send prophets and finally manifest himself on earth to try to get "his people" to take the right path. Finally he got fed up and realized that even the gentiles are more righteous than his "chosen" people.

Jewish fate is nothing but lip service to God of creation and the rest is Mammonism. Unfortunately they also corrupted christendom with their greed.

See?

Check this out

EXPLAIN

>Why did the Israelites go silly and make the golden calf
Go figure, it's the never ending story, wisdom and morals require too much time and effort with almost no immediate result, let's worship money and prosperity without the foundations wisdom and morals. Society collapses, rinse and repeat.

Damn

This is the new calf

To quote John of Damascus; "I do not worship matter but the creator of matter." Depictions of God are fine. They are not a conduit though, nor are they inherently divine themselves. As long as you don't pray to the statue, which is what the Israelites were doing, it's fine.

DAMN MAN

Why did he make the Jews so disobedient

Go read up on how Mesopotamian cultures view images and statues of their gods

It is always in the way that the god is somehow present in there

Free will comes with the possibility of sin. Theirs is Greed accompanied with Pride.

Check this out

Hebrew language has no vowels or a j, goid guess tho

So Jesus is a false idol?

I'm too tired for this 2bh so gimmie the TD;LR

Is this Jordan Peterson's book?

T. Reddit

Check out this blasphemy by the early Christians

Okay. Isn't Christianity a different religion than Babylonian paganism? Thanks, but I'll keep my pretty pictures and statues as long as people pray to God and not the depictions of God.

Age of the Bull my friend. Became age of Pisces. Jesus. Fish. Symbolism. Nothing more.

Entering the age of Aquarius now.

No go redpill yourself on Early Christian art by getting Robin M Jensen's: Understanding Early Christian Art

The early Christians had paintings of Jesus and used Pagan motiffs to represent him

This is Jewish

Kneel before your god babylon

Obviously. Even then God himself ordered artwork of angels and shit in his temple

>Pagan motiffs to represent him

Well I already knew that

>The golden calf is
garbage. The same shit idolworship that infests India, them and their 'sacred' cows.

Moses was up Mt. Sinai at the time when the garbage religion sneaked in to the camp of Israel, but God used it to take away the idolaters by letting Moses kill them all.

Did the early Christians commit idolatry?

Ancient jews were hindus. Hinduism is the only and only true religion. Hindus hold cows in highest retard, on par with their mothers.

Probably

But it's nothing to get redpilled about of course there are "pagan" motifs in the Bible, of course, Jesus resembles a lot of predating archetypical heroes and characters, Christianity was heavily modified along with the Bible, at this point it's the peak of fundamental Western civilization values, even after the existentialists deconstructed it they couldn't come up with something better, you can just add upon it.

No shit given this as well from Martydom Polycarp

Some proddies think the early christians are iconoclast

This is the redpill

>Ancient jews were hindus. Hinduism is the only and only true religion. Hindus hold cows in highest retard, on par with their mothers.
1) No they weren't.
2) Hinduism is garbage idolatry.
3) Hindus don't care about cows any more than they care about themselves.

Happy to swim in garbage? Happy to let their 'gods' eat it.

They still commit, you have a lot of Christian sects, the Protestants were the one's who wanted to go as far away as possible from that. The Orthodox Church introduced iconography to represent the scriptures tot he masses because reading was not that common. Idolatry is more or inevitable and can reappear anytime.

>Implying Nepal isn't the holiest place in Hinduism
India is 50% muds, no wonder they are shit lmao
We are poor but we dont swim in garbage

Ever been up Everest

Is images Idolatry?

Nepali girls are sluts who love white cock

"जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी"

Idol worship. God calls idol worship 'wickedness'. And that's why anti-christ worshipers will be thrown in the lake of fire, for being wicked.

Why do abrahamics have such a hateboner for idolatry? Noone ever believed the idol was a higher being in itself as even the canaanite dirtfarmer probably remembered how his grandpa carved the villagegod.
At best a higher being got invited to reside in it for the time of prayer or the statue just had representative value as the sacredness of a churchroom which is from a materialistic perspective only a room.

Its not even that having smaller gods before god is an issue as praying to angels depicted by images is an a-ok even if they only shall carry your prayer to god (as did hermes or does agni).

Still they absolutely chimp out at the concept of idolatry even tho it is so similar to what they practize on their own in various ways.

thats nothing to do with christianity. Jesus Christ brought Redemption and freedom from sin to the sinners. allowing sinners to become holy through his blood. This is a Unique concept, it does not exist in any other pagan or modern religion. Jesus is also a historical figure, not just a story.

No, it's another form of communication and spreading information, Idolatry revolves more around valueless and relatively short term pleasure symbols, if no truth or values for long-term prosperity( i.e. a "sacrifice" in the present for a greater good in the end.) can be extracted than it's a false idol.

>It's not an altogether unique style of building
>style of building

You make it sound like discussing House & Garden magazine.

Euphoric

*in the future (not end)

Actually in Mesopotamian culture it is believed that the God is in some sense the image or statue

And the early Christians are idolatrous

You have to understand the context of the times
like as he said

>Jews hide their gold all the time
>Smart Jew asks himself how he can get them to unhide the gold
>Hey guys lets make this cool idol out of gold but we need a lot of it so everybody has to chip in
>They worship the statue
>Moses comes back and shames everyone
>All of a sudden the statue is gone
>Smart jew took all the gold and made a run for it
THE END.

Mr. Bond - White America
(Eminem White America Rendition)

vid.me/Mx5p

[Verse 1]
I never woulda dreamed in a million years I'd see
So many young Europeans red-pilled like me
Who share the same views and the same exact beliefs
it's like a fucking army marchin' in back of me
Jewish lies and deflections, have our anger aimed
In no particular direction, just sprays and sprays
while fake news and disinformation, plays and plays
'Til it stays stuck in your head, and you hate your race

The living God is the one who is worthy of worship.

Imagine having a great girlfriend and you can't get enough of her, but a bunch of your friends hate her for no reason and are constantly insulting her and paying hookers to come and seduce you when you have no interest in being with anyone else. Eventually you're going to get real tired of those so-called friends and ditch them.

It's the same type of thing with God, He literally sent His Son to die for your sins, to accept them so that you might live forever, and overcame death and the world, yet there are billions of people who want to worship rocks, mountains, cows, sex or whatever stupid things they imagine.

Being loved by God is such a great thing, like knowing Him. And God rightly calls it wickedness when a person turns to a deaf and dumb idol instead. Every such person deserves to be killed.

>God is my girlfriend
Proddie cringe 101

But the mesopotanians surely didnt think that them carving an idol from wood or baking one from clay would be akin to crafting a spirit. In the end they had to produce new ones sometimes.
It must have ocurred to them that the object got its sacredness by prayer and not by having eyes and a mouth alone?

trinitarians are deluding themselves for 17 millennia
Repent as an Unitarian or burn forever in the seven hells with Satan as your comrade, sinner!

And that the God dwelled in that statue

It is part of Mesopotamian culture

Look up the Anchor Bible Dictionary that says this for example

That's more or less what they believed

no, the Mesopotamians believe that their gods INCARNATED inside the idols, like additional bodies, but that their gods still living in their respective abodes
(just like a certain religion huh?)
Just destroy all idols, it's safer anyway.

>"जननी जन्मभूमिश्च स्वर्गादपि गरीयसी"
it actually means mother and motherland is same as reaching the heaven. It's in Sanskrit.

Christians on here, tell me why I should follow Christianity.
>no Pascal's wager
>no "because faith"
>no "because it's good for society"
Tell me why I should genuinely believe in what the Bible says. What can you do to convince me it's true?

How does that contradict my point?

Why do Nepali girl love white cock

Isnt it Yaweh?

dwelled vs incarnated
their dwellings, homes, are still in the heavens for normal Elohim, and the underground for Chtonic deities.

That is idiotic

Western soft power mate. They are regular sluts like everyone else.

Jehovah is a latinisation of Yahweh.
Calling Jehovah Yahweh is like calling Jesus Yeshua.