Switzerland yes

Swiss court convicts man for ‘liking’ defamatory Facebook post in landmark ruling

man who ‘liked’ a Facebook post accusing another man of anti-Semitism and racism has been convicted of defamation in a landmark ruling by a Swiss judge.

In the first case of its kind in Switzerland, the 45-year-old unnamed defendant from Zurich was found guilty after he ‘liked’ several posts on Facebook accusing Erwin Kessler, the president of an animal rights group, of racism and anti-Semitism.

The posts came about during discussions on Facebook over which animal welfare groups should be allowed to take part in a large vegan street festival in Switzerland, Veganmania Schweiz.

Posts describing Mr Kessler as racist, anti-Semitic or fascist, and his organisation as a neo-Nazi association, were liked by a number of people, including the defendant.

Mr Kessler then brought a case against the defendant, arguing that by ‘liking' the posts the man spread their content by making them visible to a larger number of people, and that he acted with intent to harm and without any justifiable cause.

Zurich court judge Catherine Gerwig said at the trial on Monday said that ‘liking’ the posts was “spreading a value judgement”, reported newspaper the Tages Anzeiger.

She said that a 'like' is associated with a positive, meaning he clearly supported the posts' content. The court ruled that the defendant couldn’t prove that the statements about Mr Kessler were true or that he had "serious reasons" to believe them to be so.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40097792#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>defendant spreads anti-semit, nazi rumors about fb user
>gets btfo in Swiss court

more like Switzerland NO!

since when expressing your opinion should place you in jail? Backwards leftist thinking if you ask me.

This is a new low. Fucking mountain kikes.

What the fuck kind of newfag cancerous shit is this?

Are swtizerland's judges high on crack or something? How on EARTH can they prosicute someone for liking a facebook comment (not even a post).

This is cancer and if there was any way to show my discontent for this ruling I would.

Nah. Free speech is only a meme that's useful for fighting Leftists. They'd have their teeth down their throats for even attempting to promote their ideology if it was up to me.

Only blasphemy and anti-left propaganda is allowed.

Well done Switzerland.

>not finding your closest swiss consulate and shitting on their lawn while pretending to be a pajeet

Im torn on this

Its some scary 1984 thought police shit, but at the same time it blows a SJW idiot the fuck out for spreading the everyone i dont like is a racist and Nazi

>Using kikebook
Serves him right.

I thought your country was based desu
This shatters my illusion

how long until posting on Sup Forums will be a criminal offence?

rare flag

Over my cold dead memes

MOLON LABE

>Posts describing Mr Kessler as racist, anti-Semitic or fascist, and his organisation as a neo-Nazi association, were liked by a number of people, including the defendant.
My heart says this is wrong, but my brain says this is so, so right.

The moment they could I have no doubt these "courts" would.

Fuck me, but what a complete farce this is. A court of "Justice" fuck off switzerland, you're drunk.

you clearly haven't read the entire article. A man was wrongfully accused of being a "fascist", "anti-semitic" and whatnot and his defense in court was to use the same jewy tactics against the accuser. It's a classic tale of pure retribution and the court handled it pretty okay if you ask me.

Most EU countries have laws drafted in their constitutions that clearly stipulate Holocaust Denial is punishable by law. You cannot display swastikas or any (((ADL)))-approved signs in public or in priavate, as that is punishable as well by the law. How's that for a (((free-speech))) liberal utopia?

It's a local court, he can take this to a higher court and get his name cleared of all charges whenever he wants.

Local courts are full of shit, everyone knows it and our equivalant of the supreme court keeps BTFOing them every day.

provide a link to the article!
always provide a link to the article!

calling someone anti-semite and nazi without proof just because you dont like him is defamation in Switzerland. I think I still like this timeline

I really hope so user. If not then this is like literally North Korea shit.

>the man ‘liked’ a Facebook post accusing another man of anti-Semitism and racism

kek, antifa dude btfo

checked and 88'd

Literal thought policing

>>>/reddit/

you ever see yetis, mountain user?

>android
Your already jewed op

Is this the shitposting hour in USA?
And no, they aren't real.

>She said that a 'like' is associated with a positive, meaning he clearly supported the posts' content.
Perhaps he simply liked the sentence structure?
Mayhaps he simply enjoyed the font?
Not much proof here that he actually agreed with the content.

In any case, this is such bullshit.

Enjoy the fallout.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40097792#

I know thats its cuckish AF to calls omeone a nazi/facist cuz you disagree with them, but taking someone to court for liking the comment is even worse.

lmao what a fucking joke
source: im a kike

Let me warn you all...even in the U.S. you need to preface your verbal assaults with "in my opinion," otherwise you're stating the assault as fact, and therefore can be hauled into court for slander, libel, or defamation.
The "thumbs up" should be automatically construed as opinion, as you're merely saying you like the post, not that you are agreeing it's true. I don't know what the laws are in Switzerland, but in the U.S. an opinion is not regarded as a statement of fact.

If you say, "the guy's a fag" you can be sued.
If you say, "I think the guy's a fag" you can't be sued.

>unironically taking the moral high stance when a man finally defends himself successfully in court by using the same (((jewy))) tactics the left has been using for decades

i wonder who's behind this post

>A man was wrongfully accused
We don't know this.
This man might very well be all of those things, but you would have to prove it in court to get out of the defamation charge.

i don't often say this but, rare.

you clearly don't understand the European justice system. If you get accused of being an anti-semitic, nazi sympathizer Holocaust denier your entire life would be pretty much over in the next minute. Innocent upon being proven guilty is but a mere concept to us - the social stigma is way more harmful than any other punishment. Given that a regular lawsuit takes up to 2-3 years to be completely over with, you'll have a huge mark on your head for the entire time, and even if proven innocent the damage is irredeemable at that point.

There's a huge reason on why everybody from outside the US looks at the US as one of the most perfect examples of a true democracy - free speech is a guaranteed right, not an illusion thrown into your face every now and then. Europe has never experienced such a thing.

the ruling isn't that insane. we have laws like libel and slander in the US. The idiot liked a post on kikebook that caused the post to become visible to more users without evidence to support the post's claims. if you ran around hanging posters of somebody's face with "NAZI" scrawled across it even if you didn't create the poster, it's illegal. i don't agree with libel and slander laws but this isn't anything new or surprising.

nice digits

>yetis are not real
Nay, pal

noice. take a pic out your window pls

Have a sky instead. Looks like it's going to rain.