Why is reddit so obsessed with pushing the bullshit climate change agenda?

Why is reddit so obsessed with pushing the bullshit climate change agenda?

Other urls found in this thread:

e360.yale.edu/features/a_scarcity_of_rare_metals_is_hindering_green_technologies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reddit vote manipulates to push a liberal agenda, and probably directly coordinate with the DNC and liberal media outlets. In fact, when you see something like this happening it usually means that there will be a coordinated MSM media attack shortly thereafter.

>China
>telling anyone about a responsibility to combat climate change
Jesus christ

reddit is a liberal shithole. not really surprising. they upvote anything anti-trump yet ignore the things that trump does good, or conflicts with their agenda.

this

I believe in climate change, but it is caused by hippies and rich people not letting the Earth fix itself. On way is by them living in the woods of california and other parts then won't let the wildfires cleanse the area as it should.

Because it is true. Only christfags and idiots don't think climate change is real.

>tfw retarded Funland government talked about china as a energy partner
Really makes you think.

>Obama enters a global treaty without Congress voting on it
>The next President pulls out of a treaty that was never agreed by US Congress

Really makes me think why Reddit is in love with globalization as a concept of governing sovereign nations.

The Paris deal considers China to be a developing country, so they don't have to follow strict rules like everyone else, but it also means that the US would have to funnel billions of dollars to China to help them develop.

>muh EPA saved the environment argument
the EPA is an orwellian agency just like everything else in this fucking country that liberals defend with tooth and nail

bro... you want to do WHAT to the EPA? you hate the environment or something? *drools*

The irony of climate change is that it's real, yet people blow it up to be some stupid giant thing that happens to be caused by us.

The Ice Age was technically climate change. Nothing but natural causes started that off. We could've been stuck jerking off in the middle of the woods in our tribes in 2017 and climate change would've happened again eventually.

Nothing's gonna stop it, people need to stop flipping shit about it.

Wish more people noticed this.

Holy fuck, this.

That's the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen.

We have a hand in it, but the Paris Accord is basically "Virtue Signalling: The Treaty". I mean FFS North Korea signed it.

DELET

it is literaly a scam. send money for gibs to china and africa so they dont need coal. meanwhile they are allowed to increase their co2 output. they should be taxed into submission

Cause many are kids born in cities and the internet where they do not see or respect their area. They just see the world as their one home and wonder why people want to limit it, but they can't see where they are really. Like being in Houston but saying I live in North America.

But user, how will we raise money for our new regulatory agencies ans slush funds?

they mean "man made climate change" when they use the term climate change, as to redefine climate change into something that only exists because of people. this helps prop up the data they cite that usually only goes back ~100 years, or from when industrialization began

I mean don't get me wrong, we tend to accelerate the process, but it's nothing we can really prevent.

Also Paris Accord is something I have not paid attention to, is that some ecohippie shit that's going on now?

>tripfag

China won huge at the Paris Conference. They're listed as a developing country, so they can spew out whatever the fuck they want and we will actually have to subsidize them to develop green energy. Meanwhile we get fucked.

I do believe CO2 emission play a role. ut the thing is, it's blown way out of proportion in order to push an economic and political agenda. The world is not going to end. In fact, the climate change problem is likely to be solved by technology in the coming decades.

>us emissions trending towards decline at the end of 2012
huh, really makes me think

Yep. India too. India is actually going to be subsidized to hit the "worst case scenario" CO2 emissions.

I say we call proponents of this bill Chinese shills, seeing as theyre so stuck on trump supporters as Kremlin employees

We can mitigate it at home through gardening, planting trees, encouraging small business that has a greater stake in preserving the local environment, not being boomertarded when it comes to consumerism, and just generally using oil and other resources more wisely. For what it's worth, I think Trump should sign it just to not stir the pot. I feel like he'll change his mind at the last minute anyway. He needs to start doing something to appease the left.

FPBP

I am pretty certain we can't stop it, rather I believe we can prepare for it in the coming centuries once it finally flips its head.

If you ever read Man After Man, you can kind of get a neat little idea of what REAL climate change would do, once you get to the era with the Hek.

Oh fuck off, I'm not talking politics, I'm talking scientific predictions.

I'm done arguing with people on this, even in real life
They support Companies on the Paris Agreement and at the same time, they say that they need to be taxed more. If Trump leaves this prepare for the incoming shitstorm and literally nothing beyond that. China is probably going to leave right after.

I'm being dead serious. It's a literal nothing treaty that'll be lost to time if things progress the way they're progressing. He should really just sign it and kill the BLUMPFT narrative.

But anyways, if it's as bad as (((they))) say, we're doomed anyway and we should just shit it up while we can. We can probably geoengineer our way out of it, as we're doing right now with contrails and cloud seeding.

Climate change is real but it literally doesn't matter and won't affect us so I don't care

While climate change will not have much effect on western civilization, it will absolutely demolish Africa and South America. Personally, I think climate change is a good thing. It will reduce the global black and hispanic population.

Nice two pair, but you do know contrails and cloud seeding isn't a thing right?

Also you do realize the amount of shit you have to plant barely pokes down the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, AND the amount to do so would take up almost all of the continential US, including areas where we grow food crops?

>treaty
Stop calling it a treaty. The media is loving nothing more than to say Trump broke some treaty.

>co2
>converted to o2 by trees as a byproduct
>humans are to weak to stop it
Seriously what the fuck is up with you retards that jumped on the global warming is horse shit train just because its inevitable? How fucking retarded do you have to be to believe carbon fucking dioxide, one of the most harmless byproducts of the combustion process is causing every single problem we have. And then ontop of that, think that humans are so fucking helpless that we could never come up with a technology to reverse it. What the fuck happened to people who are actually interested in science.

The emission of CO2 in the developed world is already decreasing. Technological development will make it much easier in the future to do so.
It's the developing countries that are increasing their emissions.
The presence of the US in this deal or not will barely change anything when it comes to temperature projections. The emissions in the US are not going to rise since there's an american (and global) trend for more renewable sources.

Man made climate change is real, but we are not the only contributors. It is a natural phenomenon which equilibrium point is being affected by our activity. The consequence will be addressed by technology and these not being apocalyptic at all (might suck for some cities though).

> Why is reddit so obsessed with pushing the bullshit climate change agenda?

redditqueers and libtards are so emotionally invested in the "technology is great, we are all connected" meme
that they really have no idea who their own fucking next door neighbor is

that's related to the economy m8

>Lives in the city
>Can't smell the poison of gasoline
>Doesn't instinctively understand that these harsh artificial smells are destroying our DNA generation after generation...

Gas yourself

>Personally, I think climate change is a good thing. It will reduce the global black and hispanic population.

More like it will give even more excuses for (((them))) to import nigs and spics.

Show me a climate change plan that doesn't centralize power into the hands of a few neoliberal Jewish oligarchs and I'll consider it

I'll say it again, if it's as bad as they say then nothing will save us. Ride the tiger in that case. And they are a thing. We can also get the (((EU))) to stop promoting deforestation in other parts of the world that. America is relatively pristine.

I unfortunately agree with you there, especially if you look at China's emmissions in their cities alone.

This is bait, but science IS a thing, and while CO2 does contribute a bit to the climate changing, it would've been happening anyway even if the gas wasn't being made en masse.

Also your first two questions contradict each other, one states I'm dumb for not believing in climate change, the other states that I have to be dumb to believe that climate change exists.

They are mentally retarded.

I believe this as well

So, they made that image themselves right?

That's the least fucking subtle "happy merchant" image I've ever seen by a fucking long shot

Its completely insane. These reddit fags dont realize its not "climate change" that we think is false. The climate is changing.
The question is
>is the situation as dire as the politicians say?
>is there anything we can do about it?
>how will we make sure that the steps we take are fair economically for each country involved?

They also don't understand that
>No matter what we do and even if the entire USA went carbon neutral China and India do enough polluting of greenhouse gasses to keep the ball rolling towards Armageddon.

Its about not passing carbon tax scam laws to completely fuck over the middle class.

How can these people not see these points?

We should not be crippling our economy and staying energy dependent on other nations

Because they listen to whatever the current propaganda is pushing.
CNN was saying the world will be unrecognizable within 100 years, but at the same time pushes for mass amounts of African migrant to Europe to the point where Europe will be unrecognizable by 2040.
It's hilarious to see liberals use the arguement "the big corporations all want this, they must care about the public !"

is Sup Forums retarded? china is investing 500 billion+ over the next couple years in clean(er) energy and getting away from coal

this place is fucking shit now, nothing but slide threads and retards like this fuckhead

fuck all of you

As a political move it'll antagonize him a lot, Obama made these feelgood laws and partnerships even by their names that just don't make you look good when you remove or break them
>e.g. Dreamers
ugh

They're just backtracking because they took the "Industrial Revolution" meme way too fucking far by having 1 billion people. They're not being proactive, they're just showing some accountability.

That is all bullshit man. Do you really think china is playing fair? The only reason china is doing anything at all is because half their cities have so much toxic smog that you can't see more than 15 feet in the middle of the day.

Get real you colossal faggot.

>much china INVESTING in clean energy
Holy kek, haha, and I'm going to be a multimillionaire this year just you wait:)

That's what I'm saying. Goddamit Trump just sign it. The Russian narrative and the MSM is collapsing. Just do something to capture the left while they're in a bit of turmoil.

"Facebook and Apple"

Two extraordinarily moral corporations.

Talk to me once China pollutes less stress than America. Til then stfu, and stop watching so much liberal propaganda

Yea, ok. Let's listen to a guy who formats his posts like he's on Reddit. FAGGOT

I think he might stay in and use it as leverage to get deals in the future. He will say at this time we will stay in but he wants whatever concessions he can get.

Because they're faggots who are mad that their mom drives a gas Escalade.

That'd be a bit of 4D chess on his part. Get the word out he's not going to stay in and cause a panic, then "change his mind" after seeing the (((facts))). The Paris Accord has goals decades away, so as long as technology keeps progressing the entire agreement will end up outdated.

Because they idolize people like based science man and don't do any research on their own, they rely on affirmation, and the ruling elite know that.

here are the facts about Global Warming (simplified and condensed)

- CO2 is a greenhouse gas due to its ability to absorb radiation in the long-wave IR spectrum that would otherwise be reflected off of the Earth's surface into outer space

- Temperatures are increasing in the entire lower atmosphere, above the continents, above the oceans, in the shallow ocean and the deep oceans

- CO2 concentrations are increasing in the atmosphere and there is an increased amount of carbon stored in the world ocean

- the CO2 increase is mostly anthropogenic. We know this because we can look at how the isotopic signature is developing over time in the atmosphere and the ocean

- Temperature has for the last 4 decades followed CO2 concentrations (upward) instead of total solar irradiance, which experienced a standstill or even a slight decline over that time

>there is currently no other climate forcing than the anthropogenic carbon emissions that can explain the temperature evolution of the last 4 decades

Can you guys tell me which of these points you dispute?

>mfw redditors actually unironically support apple and facebook

So much for caring about slave labour and privacy

Hey fucktard, the question isn't "is climate change real?" The question is, is climate change a function of normal universal cycles or is it anthropogenic. Personally, I gravitate strongly on the former argument. Temperatures in our solar system, galaxy and universe are changing constantly in millennial-long cycles similar to the seasons on Earth. If we are on our way to another ice age by virtue of natural forces beyond our control, then no fucking climate laws that benefit the 1% only are going to change that. So shut the fuck up. Do some research.

what an annoying thread

saged

>non-argument
>leaf

typical

They're logic is based on what the elite want, "omg so like the top minds of the world(corporations) say we should do this and we are not trump is an idiot omg" they can't think for themselves.

Reddit is now controlled opposition, didn't you know that.

>china
i can't take this seriously

It's another like Kike tactic to slowly bluepill normies into full on retarded progressive liberals

and they are investing metric fucktons of money now to mitigate the issue and are leading in solar tech now iirc, while the US is doubling down on (((coal)))

Ahh so then the pollution regulations that saved NYC from becoming like Beijing were just a hoax? Daily reminder that Chinese have 100X lung and throat cancer rate as Americans, and this is because of factories and cars with no regulation. Only a slave of the energy corps thinks they aren't out to suck your future dry for their pleasure.

My thoughts exactly

Lel when I see people unironically praise china for this, I can only chuckle at how foolish they are.

Man-made or not it's gonna fuck our shit up if we don't prepare for it at the least. And with people sticking their head in the sand about it we aren't gonna prepare, and then suddenly our biggest cities and largest ports will be underwater and our arable land will be worth jack and shit.

fpbp as usual

Do you own a business that emits lots of carbon into the atmosphere? Would it be a pain in the ass for you to reduce those emissions? Well have I got a deal for you. All you have to do is give me lots of money and I'll give you a promise to reduce my own carbon emissions. That way you won't have to actually decrease your carbon emissions since your just paying me to reduce mine. Of course you won't actually know if I'm reducing my carbon emissions as promised but that doesn't matter because you get to tell everyone that your business is now "environmentally friendly," and that's great for business.

Afterwards I'll take the money earned from scamming-- I mean reducing my emissions -- and use it to lobby the government and the general population to institute a carbon emissions caps. Now instead of just a few businesses paying me to appear environmentally friendly, I'll have every business paying me just so they can stay under the emissions cap. Politicians would be more than happy to go with this since it looks like they're being proactive in the fight against climate change despite nobody actually reducing their emissions.

These are carbon credits and it's totally not government enforced extortion.

Curb the obesity and liberal problem in one fell swoop. What's not to love?

Here are the facts about Global Warming (simplified and condensed)

- CO2 is a greenhouse gas due to its ability to absorb radiation in the long-wave IR spectrum that would otherwise be reflected off of the Earth's surface into outer space

- Temperatures are increasing in the entire lower atmosphere, above the continents, above the oceans, in the shallow ocean and the deep oceans

- CO2 concentrations are increasing in the atmosphere and there is an increased amount of carbon stored in the world ocean

- the CO2 increase is mostly anthropogenic. We know this because we can look at how the isotopic signature is developing over time in the atmosphere and the ocean

- Temperature has for the last 4 decades followed CO2 concentrations (upward) instead of total solar irradiance, which experienced a standstill or even a slight decline over that time

>there is currently no other climate forcing than the anthropogenic carbon emissions that can explain the temperature evolution of the last 4 decades

Can you guys tell me which of these points you dispute?

Because liberals actually believe man made global warming is a problem of catastrophic proportions.

spaz

Hey! Stop stealing my posts! (you even stole my incorrectly placed green meme arrow)

These people are so dogmatic they have lost self awareness. Just look at the posts as they speak for themselves. Of course china is urging to stay in because if we leave there goes their golden goose not to mention the level of hypocrisy you have to ignore to post that unironically. Yes companies like apple and google are sweating balls but it's not because of climate change it's because they know their days of utilizing thirdworld shithol slave labor are over. It's pretty pathetic actually they such a large portion of society can no longer think for themselves on a pragmatic level because feelings are more important, "muh progressivism", "muh russia", and "muh glumpfgh". When is this country going to shake the hangover off?

>Unironically using reddit
You have to go back.

well bong, first of all, CO2 only absorb IR frequencies at 180ppm, after this CO2 saturation no more IR radiation is absorbed.

The temperature rise has been recorded by faggot maggots who benefit from signaling danger to get dem gibs.

CO2 increase doesn't cause any increased absorbtion after 180ppm which we as a species have never experienced, you could have 2000ppm and there would be no increase temperatures, since the same frequencies would be absorbed as they would at 200ppm

How do we measure the CO2 realeased by the increased vulcanic activity in the Kamtjaka peninsula 2000 - 2010? Bullshit Bong Alert.

Once again, make temperature measurments recorded by actual scientists not assholes living of grant monies which dries up unless the report increases in temperature (ad hominem).

INCREASE VULCANIC ACTIVITY?!?!?!

Co2 isn't a problem, it's a way for totalitarians to control populations, it's just the elite being butthurt about not feeling superior enough.

All that will result in is a ton of wind turbines made of paper mache and garbage and a whole lot of forged data saying they're using less coal.

so your two points are:

>CO2 doesn't absorb any more IR after 180ppm
that's just complete nonsense and I challenge you to find a single scientific article that supports this idea

>Temperature and CO2 measurements are faked by scientists
that's very convenient for you. Did you know that it's actually widely recognized that the use of conspiracy theories (to explain either the existence of contrary evidence or the non-existence of supporting evidence) is a tell tale sign of pseudoscience?

Thanks for the chuckle.

This one questions stumps these global warming cucks every time:

If global warming is true then why is there still snow?

>CLIMATE CHANGE IS A HOAX PUSHED BY THE CHINESE

CHINA HOLDs A MONOPOLY ON ALL RARE EARTH MATERIAL USED IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF "RENEWABLE ENERGY" GENERATORS

Why would China want to push for a world dependent on renewable energies for which they hold a monopoly on the raw materials... hmmm...

e360.yale.edu/features/a_scarcity_of_rare_metals_is_hindering_green_technologies

>Global warming is bad
For you.

Reddit is actually an enormous, and often underlooked/underrated obstacle to the growth of Right-Wing politics in the West. A lot of young people can look at old media like CNN or whatever and dismiss them as fake news, but Reddit is both relatively new media and a huge draw on the internet for normies. It also just so happens to be a gigantic liberal echo-chamber by design. I've got a friend that I've made large strides in red-pilling, but sometimes it's like a fucking game of tug-of-war between reality and that site.

>burger education

>the sun is 1000x bigger than the entire earth
>libshits think they can control changes in temperature

the arrogance

This was basically designed to tax the fuck out of rich consumer based nations and prop up the poorer industrial nations, only countries I can really see benefiting from this greatly would be India and China.. It's going to bankrupt the rest of the world that's becoming increasingly more socialist(communist) and starting to demand things like free Health care, free College and Universal basic income. Don't know how people can't see they're protesting for the bankruptcy of the first world