The DNC has split on climate. It's over for the granola dykes

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/870373888609271809
usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/01/pittsburgh-mayor-calls-out-trump-paris-climate-agreement-speech/363466001/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any relevant links?

twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/870373888609271809

I wouldn't read too much into this particular senator's statement. He is a Democrat senator from West Virginia up for re-election in 2018, he cannot go against the interests of coal if he wants to have any chance of keeping his seat for another term.

People that actually read the agreement actually know that it's just going to strain our economy even more without actually accomplishing anything. The US already practices clean energy, just signing away our money is fucking retarded.

There's even a clause that states if the attempt to reduce global temperatures fails then "oh well, we tried :))))"

The only dems who will still kick and scream are the sensationalists entrenched in the democratic ratholes who depend on the bleary eyed vote of the uninformed who only left left for self benefits.

It was typical NWO shenanigans, Trump is right about how it would damage our sovereignty and send billions to China.

>implying there is a single coal-hating granola-eating faggot in west fucking virginia
was this your first election cycle?

CNN's blown a gasket over this.

This is just one guy doing what his constituency wants. I don't think it represents a greater trend.

It does.

prove it.

all the other big democrats on are absolutely slamming trump

>W.V politician taking a centrist stance

You really know nothing about politics eh

Of course, that's their job, but the "small" Democrats who want to keep their jobs and realize that the "big" Democrats are destroying the party are falling into line.

Really who cares what Schumer and Pelosi think?

I do, the DNC doesn't. It's tearing them apart.

>if he wants any chance at reelection
He should just give up because he knows how fucked he is. With the amount of shit trump has done for coal workers there's no chance for this democrat to win

>centrist
aaahhh those where the days when that word was actually the norm

He takes Trump's position on most things. He was the only Democrat that was applauding during his speech to congress. He would be voted out in a heartbeat if he didn't, it doesn't mean a thing.

Trump's position is taken by more than a few Democrats lately. They realize with the supermajority and all that the only way they can bring home any bacon at all to their constituents is to play ball.

Places like NY and California will be the new rust belt, especially since election integrity and illegal alien roundups are both happening right now.

Bumpp

>The US already practices clean energy, just signing away our money is fucking retarded.
We are and have been one of the biggest polluters on the planet. We're better than we were 80 years ago, but e have a long way to go and a lot to make up for.

>worries that the paris agreement won't help Americans( or that of the rest of the world) economically and environmentally

See, this is a rational statement. You can debate how and where the effect of such agreement will occur. All this bitching is pointless.

>CO2 is pollution meme
go back to bed sweetie

Btfo

CO2 is pollution, but that's only part of the pollution we have created.

We have created hundreds of trillions of tons of waste.

Every media type reporting on this won't have even read the document.

That's what most people's views are. Part of the deal is sending billions to developing nations, it's why most of the people against are against it. Not only that, while we are pumping tax money into other nations we are also expected to kill off manufacturing jobs while China is held to way lower expectations.

Trump is dead on about this deal being bad for us. I'm all for protecting the environment and getting coal miners into cleaner and safer jobs but this deal would do nothing but hurt us.

Obama already sent them 3 billion dollars without Senate approval. It's a shit agreement. Trump pisses me off a lot but he made the right call on this.

We can save the environment without fuelling billions into the pockets of the mega rich like Elon Musk who stood to gain billions from it which is why he's throwing a fit.

this, checked

Dems going to jail

Listen to your President Sup Forums

Prove CO2 is a pollutant.
You repeating yourself isn't proof.

A FUCKING WHITE MALE

Obama will be left to live in exile on that Hawaiian island that the State of Hawaii gave him recently.

>Less taxes will stifle energy growth

Who believes this drivel

muh votes

>Prove CO2 is a pollutant.
You act like acid rain and acidic run off isn't a thing. Also CO2 is a component of smog.

CO2 isn't even bad for the environment, it just means more plankton and bigger trees

MSM only talks about CO2 because they know every little kid knows CO2 is bad, but they won't talk about CO or even methane that comes from rice farms, or the insane amount of greenhouse gases coming from volcanoes, because it muddles the narrative

Hell, the largest greenhouse gas is watervapour, and their only theory for manmade climate change in regards for that is the idea that increased CO2 increases watervapour in the air, which has never been proven.

why doesn't he switch parties?

Taxes are the Democrat way of eliminating the kulaks.

Because the insane libshit leadership of the DNC isn't representative of Democrats as a whole any more.

they also forgot the overlap in absorption spectrum of H20 vapor and Co2.

FUCK WEST VIRGINIA. FUCKING BUNCH OF LOSERS. HERD THEM INTO THEIR PRECIOUS COAL MINES AND DYNAMITE THE FUCKING HOLES.

Because he's a real democrat concerned about the working class and not a bunch of whiny liberal snowflakes.

cause he doesn't have a pathological hatred of the poor like the Republican elite do

>Also CO2 is a component of smog.
it's also a component of the air you exhale
>kys and save the planet

Manchin is the bluest of the Blue Dogs. He's pretty based but he is from West Virginia and his constituency would murder him if he went against coal.

I hope they don't appeal to the "never trump" faggots.

>LeNigger James: I'm only paid tens of millions of dollars ever year, WHITE PEOPLE BE RAYISS YO MUH BLACK PRIDE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Time to start killing every last one of these coloreds.

CO2 is a natural gas that you exhale when you breath you stupid fuck. Plants use it. The more CO2 the larger and faster plants grow. Plants emit Oxygen. The more CO2, the more plants there are. The more plants there are, the more CO2 gets converted.

It's a balance of nature and it's working fine. You're just brainwashed and very ignorant.

Joe is just one man vs the dem block of bought and sold votes..

they made a mistake going after a good chunk of their party, and likely the majority of the tax-paying membership of their party

>White
>Still in the democratic party in 2017
Has he not gotten the memo yet?

I burn propane in my garden strictly to create co2, it's what plants crave

>he more CO2, the more plants there are. The more plants there are, the more CO2 gets converted.

this would make sense if there wasn't a massive deforestation issue on most 3rd world countries, including brazil and russia which have more plants than nearly the rest of their continents together

>yellow-ing leaves

fix your soil man

>CO2 isn't even bad for the environment, it just means more plankton and bigger trees
wow, you're serious.

We're converting trillions of tons of fossil fuels from hundreds of millions of years of development into gas in a relatively short amount of time. This does have an effect on climate and the environment on a global scale.

>CO2 is a natural gas that you exhale when you breath you stupid fuck. Plants use it. The more CO2 the larger and faster plants grow.
That's like telling people in a flood area that water is natural and there'll be more fish.

People don't breathe out tons of CO2 like cars do.

Exactly.. Plants need co2 to survive. How is co2 a pollutants if plants literally convert it to oxygen.

we're at a very low level of co2 historically anyway

we need more for the forests to flourish

>This does have an effect on climate and the environment on a global scale.

The question is how much of an effect is there, and the answer seems to be "we have no fucking clue." I'm all for environmentalism on principle, but there is (like nearly every political issue today) a degree of alarmism that far exceeds what it should be.

Yeah the "muh co2" is bullshit.

>this does have an effect on climate and the environment on a global scale
Can you prove that? Not to mention, the Earth is still melting from the ice age so it's only natural that temperatures would rise a few degrees during it

>The question is how much of an effect is there, and the answer seems to be "we have no fucking clue."
only if you're willfully ignorant. You act like scientists from different fields aren't reporting on this issue en masse.

Yep.

>I'm all for environmentalism on principle
Also, bullshit. No "environmentalist" would ever word it that way. You don't give a shit.

Just like Democrats have won all those House races this year right?

Muh "blue midterms 2018"

I want clean public lands and waterways without pollution in the form of toxic bullshit so I can hunt and fish. The original conservationists were sportsmen and there is nothing liberal about this type of environmental advocacy. Giving billions to China and whining about CO2, which isn't a pollutant, is a liberal take on the matter.

Hes fucking right and so is trump

The Paris accords are a big fucking boondoggle like the un in general

>Can you prove that? Not to mention, the Earth is still melting from the ice age so it's only natural that temperatures would rise a few degrees during it
That's your misunderstanding. Deforestation, climate change, failing ecosystems, pollution, litter, ocean acidification, and many many species becoming endangered and extinct is happening as a direct result of human activity.

We are in the "Holocene Extinction Event". We have total control over how bad it will get. We are having a profound effect on the environment.

WV is just a unique case

>I want clean public lands and waterways without pollution in the form of toxic bullshit so I can hunt and fish.
yeah, but, you don't want to actually do anything to keep it that way. You advocate for the opposite of what you claim you want because you're a coal industry butt puppet.

Yes the deforestation is a MAJOR issue. I don't buy into climate change. However less rainforests mean less oxygen content in the atmosphere. We need that. And we don't just kind of need it.

Sitting at around 20% oxygen now is not good. At 30% oxygen in atmo, we'd feel fantastic. We might live longer studies say, a good deal longer. We'd get sick less often. We'd be sharper in mind, as the less oxygen in your atmo, the slower and duller minded you become. We would heal 7x faster. No shit. They heal people in oxygen tanks, like professional athletes, just by giving them a higher oxygen supply to breath for a few weeks for a few hours a day. It works.

So yes deforestation is horrid. Mainly because we already do not have nearly enough rainforests. If we could terra-form the planet to produce more rainforests, if it cost ALL our money combined, I'd be livid for it. We NEED it. Humanity needs it. Period. And we are already woefully under oxygenated. We sit around 20%. We need to be around 30% oxygen in atmo.

>you don't want to actually do anything to keep it that way
Says who? I'm a member of the Izaak Walton League and Ducks Unlimited as well as a state group.

You're just a smelly cunted shill.

My god. It really is an alarming looking presentation. Fucking saps continue to fall for it

>virgin forest
so, it's been 100 years since the last datapoint there, and we now have more forests than we ever had naturally -- forest virginity must not mean anything, huh?

B-but I thought Dems were going to retake the senate

Hey lads. Doesn't the LeBron thing sound fucking staged?

Hey rabbi tier

>No "environmentalist" would ever word it that way.
this right here is proof of the environmentalism religion

New Hampshire here, I can personally attest to how bullshit your chart is.
>look out my window
>trees as far as the eye can see (nearly unlimited visibility right now)
>only one dot on your chart for my state

>The DNC has split on climate.

Not really, it's one retarded senator only. The majority of people are giving Trump shit over this, and rightfully so since he did something very retarded.

>Giving billions to China

Holy fuck is this what you retards believe? China is literally the world's largest investor in green energy by it's own money and you think you're the ones giving them those billions? Keep making up lies to convince yourselves that what Trump did wasn't catastrophic.

Right but Co2 really isn't the most important thing. It fertilizes plants and makes them more resilient to drought.

We should be focusing more on land use, actual toxins like mercury, litter, and of course general environmental engineering.

There's more to environmentalism than shooting animals you fucktard.

>DOW races to another record
Only headline that matters

Not from my perspective.

another misunderstanding. We have destroyed ecosystems and created monocultures.

You act like deforesting an area doesn't also destroy the habitats, kills animals and smaller flora life.

>Salon
>saying something not retarded
wew what the fuck

Meh, go cry in France where they are going ahead with this deal. You'll be able to dance and play in their wilderness.

Please though, more salt, I don't want to interrupt your salty crying in here.

"I'm an environmentalist on principal" is a non-statement. It's like someone says "I'm sorry if I offended anyone". It's called a "but statement".

Someone who says that is not sorry.

They realize the their brainwashing took hold too deep and they are trying to walk back.

Look at the professor from Evergreen, he's doing it too now. It's too late for them, progress will kill them.

So has my town since it was mentioned twice in the speech LOL The liberal mayor is stomping his feet and saying he will abide by the Paris agreement no matter Trump says !!

>mayor promising to take town money and send it to somebody overseas
>promising to punish businesses
lol the democrats really are killing their own chances in 2018

We need to pound the pavement in WV to have this fencesitting, undercover leftist voted out later this year.

He left when he knows its safe, but appears more level headed in issues like this...he is an easy turncoat to have removed in the 2018 reelections.

Environmentalists really are a cult. Hunters do more for the environment in one trip than you whiny fucks do in a month.

LOL look at this Cuck's tweets still towing the Hildog bullshit

What a time to be alive !!!

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/01/pittsburgh-mayor-calls-out-trump-paris-climate-agreement-speech/363466001/

Virgin forest user. That means it has old growth forests that naturally formed over time without human intervention. It's natural.

If a paper mill or logging company comes along, cuts down a forest with vast biodiversity and replants a single "profitable" species of tree, it's called "agriculture". That isn't natural.

My state has lot nearly all of its old growth. There are barely any 100 year old trees here because they were all cut down for various industries.

Can't figure out what dimension we're in. I believe that in one dimension out there everything if going great.

Environmentalism is just a strategy in the overall lefty plan, this is why they hate conservation oriented people who are conservative.

They want to OWN environmentalism and make it their thing.

>Holy fuck is this what you retards believe?
They believe anything the coal and natural gas industry tells them because they are partisan shills and hacks.

They don't make their own decisions because they are following the party-line political jargon.

is he gay? he looks gay

Bumperino

>Environmentalists really are a cult. Hunters do more for the environment in one trip than you whiny fucks do in a month.
No it's a sport. Environmentalism is about "leaving nature alone".