Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ruf_phAz1hQ
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/Sup
meta.stackexchange.com/questions/9134/jon-skeet-facts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

suck my dick

I can code. It's overrated.

Hello world!

Any free online courses that aren't code academy?

I can kind of code, but not as good as the spergs in my class. I don't think I'm fit for this kind of work.

Just to check your ego OP coding is for people who can't do math. We're your bosses.

Youre higherd!
WAIT.. are you female, trans, or an oppressed minority?

>That picture
>Women "coding"

I hate imbeciles who call themselves comp scientists for knowing basic HTML and CSS

I would really like to start coding/learning to code. When I was younger I was fantastic with computers, now, 15 years later - I don't even own one. I am looking for a new career, and think I could pick up on coding/web developing/etc quickly. What would be a good starting point? And should I look into getting a laptop, or a PC to learn to code on?

Comp Science master, and I agree.

If you have a high IQ, go for a programming career, and you will be rewarded economically and intellectually. Everyday will be fun, challenging and will evolve you further.

Why would I bother learning to code when I don't enjoy it and it's irrelevant to my job?

You cant become an architect this way, but there is a demand for front end developers out there.
Learn tools like:
> HTML
> Javascript
> Browsers
> HTTP protocol (and TCP/UDP, IP)

Learn to do some basic algorithms, sign up for google code jam

Programming can be lucrative but it is also quite often soul draining. Most programmers aren't working on exciting world changing projects, they're working on a large corporation or government agency making mundane things like employee directories or CRUD apps. Even the stars of software like Google and Microsoft have lots of mundane boring programming jobs. Not everyone gets to work on self driving cars or rocket guidance systems.

u fokin wot m8?

front end is in ?

>mfw

Isn't it easiest part ? Than say going into kernel programming ?

Microsoft has lots of them but obviously are only related to their stack of technology.

Don't make he replace you with another Pajeet like the other guy you fucking code monkey.

I make Beer for a living
Fuck all of you nerds

>Be Coder
>Starve to death because you can't cook or harvest food
>Get killed by animals because you don't know how to hunt or you're just a bitch who's afraid to hurt animals
>Die from a disease because you don't know how to make medicine
>Get killed and raped by other tribals as you don't know how to fight against humans with weapons

Wow this Coding thing is sure as fuck useful for me huh

Yes master quad, front end is the burger flippers of software but there are tons more jobs for the front end than for kernel programming. Obviously the latter pays better but is also much more difficult to achieve.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ruf_phAz1hQ

Shoo shoo Code monkey learn some social skills while you're at it too I've never seen a bigger group of autists than in coding class

I make several grand on the side coding for pajeets and chincs who can't do their CS homework assignments.

I'm literally a hillbilly with a 5th grade education. Being a white male definitely has its advantages.

>checked
also
>muh kernels
how is that even useful

What do you mean by saying front end is in?

Front end development - that is making pages using HTML, Javascript and CSS is a major industry with high demand.

And true, front end developers do not often solve sophisticated problems.
And true, kernel programming, backend programming, engine programming, etc. require a lot more knowledge about algorithms, architecture and such.

But programming is such a vast discipline that can fork into hundreds of different tools and problems to solve, so when you want to become a programmer, there are so many versions of "programmer", you have to choose between.

Start out by dwelving into front end development. From there, you might get the feel, if you at some point in time want to advance in any direction.

> tfw i started loving coding in C since it's my frist language

>tfw my mom forced me to try COBOL and i learned a bit of it, piss easy

> tfw im a noob 3 months in and shitposting on assembler

> learn that front end pays off

>tfw

> moving to freecodecamp now

Do you hunt or harvest food? If you do that's retarded since we've industrialized the whole process over 50 years ago

thanks for fucking over everyone else just for short term monetary gain, cleetus

oversaturated, unemployable STEMlords will be the next liberal arts baristas.

>Start out by dwelving into front end development
Yes start out in the shittiest, most fucking retarded place possible so you can completely disregard good, sound, and safe practices enforced by a compiler. I bet you're one of those faggots that tells people to learn HTML as a first "language".

For instance, I made this 2,5 years ago:

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/Sup Forums-greek-surveillance/bgcjhhldnpllbmhdaijongcbedocnnmj?hl=en

This is pure "front end development", because it's purely Javascript. However, it was fun to learn how to scrape Sup Forums pages and build a search engine on top of that.

So though just using Javascript and HTML, the problem was fun and developing.

why should I learn to code when we already have all you looser beta coder nerds

My trade skillz don't become instantly irrelevant when the power goes out

>be coder
>spend spare time when compiling is occurring to study other things like bushcraft, etc
damn it's like you can do more than one thing in life, crazy

I would say that programming is doing the essence of developing your brain, if you have the potential for it.

Being able to code is nice.

The computers do the math. We write the algorithms

For one, programming is an incredibly degrading job that offers 0 job security and is the vocation most plagued by ageism by a far margin. You are not respected at any normal company. Every day, some Alpha who probably does nothing at his job except get his secretary to suck his dick in his corner office cucks you into doing random bitch work, and then yells at you when it's not done by the deadline despite it being impossible to complete the work requested. Not only that, the code rarely works, your co-workers are Indians brought in by Tata Consultancy who will replace you for half the salary and you have to train them to get your $500 severance, and the work never, ever ends. You pollute your body with the caffeinenated jew, deprive it of sleep, and let it rot while you sit the majority of the day, neglecting any healthy exercise, social interaction or life game goal attainment.

It's like a postal worker, but coupled with feelings of loneliness, helplessness and total hopelessness. Programmers are too depressed to go postal, a sad state of affairs. After dentists, programmers have the highest rates of mental disorders, especially depression and suicide.

It gets worse. Women, when they hear you are a programmer, instantly reject you. It is far better to tell a woman you are on welfare than to out yourself as a computer programmer. It's highly embarrassing for a woman to associate with a programmer, as everyone knows they are the grown up version of the hopeless virgin in high school. One who never really grew up and became normal and fit into society, but rather found an environment where he could escape the reality of his situation and be invisible, able to hide the toxic shame and utter humiliation that is the programmer.

Programming's father, Alan Turing, 404'd himself with cyanide because he was a programmer. Programmers, why haven't you taken the cyanide pill and quit jewgramming and turned to a respectable and productive profession?

It depends.
Front End development gives a good introduction to
- imperative all-around language like Javascript to fire off simple programmes and get a hang of a major tool.
- declarative programming languages like HTML and CSS, where you learn to use a more specific language for a specific "declarative" task.

And when I say, that it depends, it depends on the skillset, IQ and will of the person to learn programming.

anyone who writes an article about computer programming while using the term "coding" has no idea what they're talking about.

was wondering when this pasta would appear

For web programming it doesn't really matter. Mac are a little bit nicer to work with since they have a better terminal

Im a senior CS major at a forbs top 25 CS list and i can barely code with a 3.5. Be mad.

Turing offed himself because he enjoyed licking men's buttholes.

HTML and CSS are markup, not a language

> HTML (HyperText Markup Language)
> Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a style sheet language

Just from the first two hits on google.

coding is for curry niggers

>Front end development
>on Sup Forums always learning new shit everyday

*not a programming language

>Coding
>Women

Pick one.

>actually believes this
Hahaha no wonder why you will always be a loser

>If you can't code, you are subhuman

>ITT
>People think "coding" makes money
Yeah sure there Jew, basic call center troubleshooting does not equate to Software Development.
0.01 cents has been deposited into your Shekel account.

>mfw working in SD for 10+ years and never once seen a female Engineer

I meant to say it's not a programming language

The KANG is always watching

Are you projecting?

Yeah, I found out.. And I also googled a little. And you are right.

I wonder if you can say, that a guy is "programming", when he is editing HTML..? If not, then what is he doing?

He's manually editing HTML instead of programmatically editing HTML

I know C++, Java, C#, Lisp, Python and x86 assembly. I think I'm fine.

For Java and Python, codingbat can get you the basics. Just read over documentation, and you'll have to google how to do some things.

I post this as a programmer. I love programming but yeah, you do get cucked.

Any suggestions on where to start learning something like that? Scraping pages and converting into searchable database has been something I've wanted to do with a few different sites now but have no idea where to start

>What would be a good starting point?
As much as I feel like a Sup Forums traitor, I would suggest learning Java as a first language with the assistance of the Eclipse IDE. It's probably the most beginner friendly and most forgiving programing environment ever created. It even gives you suggestions what you're doing wrong while you're typing along the the option to let the IDE fix your error for you.

To me, your programming skills are not proportional to the amount of programming languages, you know.
It's your ability to analyze problems and their domain, and represent them in an abstract form, where you have option to suggest different solutions by using varying ideas/paradigms - and you are able to map these solutions down to a programming language that supports your paradigm of choice.

>being a code monkey
>not being in the far superior and growing field of cyber security

pradeeps btfo

I disagree.

Start with Visual Studio and C#.

Visual Studio >>> Eclipse
C# >>> Java

Only, you have to suck Microsoft's dick. But all competent developers do.

>Computer programming jobs may be declining, but coding is becoming the most in-demand skill across industries.
What the fuck is the difference?

Scrapping is a skill that immoral people use a lot. How about you collect your own data instead of stealing from another site. If they want to share their data that'll make an API

I sometimes get grief for mainly programming in PHP and JS because "If you don't compile it it's not a proper programming language". But you do get some special kinda autistics saying they can program in HTML ..... >:C

mobile apps aren't computers

This comic is great.

Also note that one of the Gurus of programming - Jon Skeet - took his stackoverflow avatar from this comic.

Jon Skeet is known as the Chuck Norris of programming. If you have some programming in you, you will kek at these:
meta.stackexchange.com/questions/9134/jon-skeet-facts

George Soros can't code. Is he a subhuman?
>inb4 Jew

But Java is portable

But let's not let this turn into a Sup Forums thread

Jetbrains makes the best IDEs out there.

>thousands of years of humankind not coding
>the year of our lord 2017
>if you can't code you're a subhuman

Stay satirey Sup Forums

Khan Academy, or your local library.

See
I can give you the source code, if you want.

I just realised that you referred my post initially. Kek.

Lemme find the source code. It has actually never been released

Mobile app run on computers

All these languages cover different domains, fuccboi.

Java for web development and fast prototyping. C# for Unity gamedev. C++ for serious application development if performance is the top priority. Lisp just for fun. Python as a scripting language to batch process files. x86 assembly for low level development and reverse engineering.

Retard. Visual Studio is bloat, even next to fucking eclipse. And despite being more bloated it offers less features. To get C# editing in MSVS that is on the level of eclipse you need a pay to use plugin like resharper. Eclipse does all that shit for free, out of the box and also much faster. Not to mention that eclipse is open source and runs on literally everything. The only real argument for visual studio is it's C++ debugging capabilities, but we're talking about managed code here. Eclipse is a questionable piece of software, but Visual Studio is fucking Satan.

I can use R ...

*shakes your hand*
I make rustic furniture.
Essentialskillbros unite!

Overpriced meme software. Eclipse is less comfy and powerful, but at least it doesn't require a fucking software subscription. Also CLion a shit. Fuck CMake with a rake.

Java applets are going to be the next big thing. Watch out JavaScript. Lol jk

>implying Sup Forums likes java
It's the only thing they hate more than C++ or JavaScript. Lisp, Haskell and C are the real deal.

You clearly have never used bluefish.

The only thing I hate about programming as a job is the constant nagging desire to whore myself out for shekels.

All the good money is in businesses I just can't morally support - gambling, predatory loans, advertising, banking, scraping and so on. And if it's a normal company, it's based in Israel or Saudi Arabia or something.

And the fucky thing is, I bet many bright kids don't have such boundaries. They'll end up doing vaguely evil shit just because they're paid well and they love the challenge.

They'll be less coding jobs except high demand for those who have higher levels of understanding / expertise.

I make a lot of money as a software developer so I can buy the best IDE. I spend a lot of time developing so it's worth the license fee. Also I am supporting a useful company

stupid niggers not on that vim shit

Good front end is hard and highly sought after. The only reason it appears "easier" than kernel programming is due to its prevalence.

A good developer is a good developer. A bad kernel programmer would likely be a bad front end programmer.

> Java for web development and fast prototyping C# for Unity gamedev..
I CBA to argue on this level.

> Retard. Visual Studio is bloat,
I CBA to argue on this level. You win.

You want to appear as smart, so please go ahead. I hope you convinced yourself.

Programming is patriarchal nerd shit, coding is the future for all womynkind

wtf is the meaning of that image

yes a good chunk of programmers are just monkeys doing slave labor. yes programming is gaining popularity

doesnt mean programming is useless. it is very much a required skill in today modern tech world.

You are likely very inexperienced.

It used to be that you couldn't use a computer to do anything unless you could program it. Now, I can't see that the average person would benefit in the slightest from knowing how to "code" as it's called these days.

I know Vim. It's pretty great. My current workflow is Eclipse with a Vim plugin for development and a simple terminal with Vim for fucking around.

>buying software you could get for free
>buying software you could write yourself

>Also I am supporting a useful company
Good goy.

>You want to appear as smart, so please go ahead. I hope you convinced yourself.
I'm just giving you my opinion, fuckface.

Yeah, I feel ya.
Selling software products to the big pharma companies. I have become a marketing guy making sure that kids eat their god damn ritalin from the specific supplier (my customer). It's disgusting.

None of you know any actual Computer Science.

Write a Regular Expression to detect a palindrome. I'll be waiting.

We are all using a website programmed in JavaScript, but some of us are pretending that programming is useless.