Housing Crisis

What steps can Republicans take to ensure that young people can afford to purchase homes?
I feel like that is an increasingly unrealistic dream for anyone not wealthy who works in a large city.

Would you be willing to live in a tiny home and travel if you couldn't afford a house? I don't think this lifestyle of living small that and loving shared spaces that is being pushed upon young adults is realistic for most, and certainly not those with kids.

youtu.be/74KTOpJXY_o

cnbc.com/2017/05/30/how-long-it-will-take-millennials-to-afford-to-buy-a-home-nationwide.html

>CNBC
where's the archive bot?

It took me 2 years to save up the $30k down for my first house. Explain how that's not possible 10 years later (today)?

I'm 25 and own a home with my wife, we make 70k combined yearly.
What's your excuse?

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY FARMLAND REEEEEEEEEE, THESE LOW PRICE HOUSES ARE FOR FARMFAGS ONLY REEEEEEEEE

Californian here, I'm 20 and have been working at a factory for 2 years while living expense free with my parents. I've managed to save 46k

my house cost 33k. its not even mortgaged. got it with a personal loan that costs about 225/month. this is way way less than rent. i dont understand why more people dont do this.

It all happens at a local level. I'm studying to become an urban planner and am currently working for a mayor. What's difficult is that the smaller (~1,500 to 1,800-square ft) starter homes, while they can help millenials be more upwardly mobile, present a NIMBY issue wherever they want to put them. Homes are the constituents' main investment, and they buck at any homes of a lower-value coming in near theirs. I think there has to be a cultural renaissance in the direction of traditional urbanism and away from sprawl. Google "new urbanism."

Please describe this $33k house

Get a job and buy a home. It has little to do with the government. If you have income that is not wagecuck, you will have no problem. Quit asking for gibs you nigger.

>I need to know yet another way the government can wipe my butt for me

How do you live where a house costs 150k? A fly over state?

Good on you for not being housepoor. You're in the minority, bigly.

>implying it's not a glorified tree house on someone elses' property

Buying second home right now and renting first.

Maybe learn how to use money properly and not be a dumbass. Homes are affordable. Tip: live beneath your means. 2nd tip: if you don't know what your means are figure it out.

itt you realize that the collective iq of Sup Forums has reached rock bottom when posters think their personal anecdotes are more important than national trends

what a sad thread

>muh vague business advice is all you need

Houses here start at 500k

bump

You sound like a self help video tell me more

You mean my perspective doesn't represent national reality?

You're fighting against the whole real estate industry, most city fathers, the Boomers - all of who want very much to keep house prices high and going up.

Oh, and Agenda 21. They don't want you to have an affordable house. They want you jammed into a city renting a shitbox apartment forever.

You want a different future? The R's and the D's are not going to give it to you. Ever. No matter what blandishments they tell you, they are dead set against affordable home ownership.

>tfw can afford a home
>tfw don't buy one because who the fuck as a single young person wants to spend all their resources and free time taking care of a home

Most millenials could probably save for a home or purchase a home if it was worthwhile, but we are all single degenerates with no ambition or desire of starting a family so it's just more convenient to rent or buy a condo. We already work 60 hours a week who wants to sink 10 more of their precious free time fixing sinks and mowing the lawn, or trimming their shrubs.

Thanks for the info. Once again, boomers can't seem to end their influence in anything "starter" financially. Jobs, housing, "mandatory" higher education, how do we stop marginalizing our youth?

You can get a $150k house within a 15 minute drive of downtown Columbus.

OP and any one else who thinks that either established political party will solve fundamental issues related to millennials is wrong.
There needs to be a completely new organization of things, millennials themselves need to be the creators of it.

Digits of truth. Find a channel, any channel, at the local scale that seems worthwhile to you. You'll find more and more relevant places to apply yourself from there. It's the cure for Sup Forums nihilism.

$150k with shit schools. It's around ~220k for decent commute and decent schools.

You're supposed to trade up. People shouldn't expect their first house to be in the best school district. That's what you buy once you are established.

Don't buy a house now, we are in another real estate bubble, they are already starting to give bad loans again just like the mid 2000's, shit will collapse again in a few years.

Lower taxes across the board, cut welfare gibs and let the economy boom. Enact protectionist policies and make bring as much industry back to the US as possible. Wages will rise.

Also make it illegal for foreign nationals to buy homes. Citizens only.

well i live in ca so i'm gonna be eating ramen and in my moms basement til im 50, even if i have over 150k cash right now...

When I went to the bank, they were requiring a minimum 20% down payment, and 30-40% of gross annual income to go toward the mortgage and to be able to verify that income

Seems like they're being careful

It's a pretty simple supply and demand issue. There needs to be more houses built.

Forcing banks to lend money easier is a recipe for another disaster.

fucking this.
>muh I have a very non typical example whats your excuse???
>muh exceptions prove the rule

Most of these people are probably exaggerated and or had assistance/connections getting what they have.

The home attached is not a young person's starter home. You think you just move into mansions. You start with what you can afford, use leverage, build equity and claw your way up like everyone else you fagget. Homes are affordable for people who have earned them. Sick of your pussy shit.

>Also make it illegal for foreign nationals to buy homes. Citizens only.

Chinese BTFO

They're doing fha 3.5% down and even 0 down at most mortgage lenders.
I got a 3.5% down at 3.9% on 150k house.

Independent lender or big name bank?

Keep doing that. We are heading for another housing crash. You will be able to profit big time. Stay the course. Also buy like 10k in Bitcoin as a hedge.

>A fly over state?
You say that like it's a bad thing. Branch out, retard, and you'll find your quality of life and financial situation will increase significantly.

I went with quicken loans, they gave me a good rate and no penalties or jewish tricks for paying down principle faster.