What the fuck do liberals mean when they say "science?" To me...

What the fuck do liberals mean when they say "science?" To me, it seems they have no idea about the scientific method or any such similar procedures but they treat it as a belief system.

I have heard liberals, and dumber conservatives, claim a belief in science, do they really understand how stupid they are? Do they not realize science is not a belief system?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
predictit.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=XTgFtxHhCQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What the fuck do liberals mean when they say "science?"
Liberalism.

well said also, nice digits

They mean the groupthink-infected spouting of Liberal academics

Disgustingly, liberals are even trying to redefine the appeal to authority fallacy as being an actual argument: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

Ironically groupthink is reinforcing the "validity" of groupthink itself

We need to enslave and exterminate the liberal academics poisoning our society

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
thanks for the link

>What the fuck do liberals mean when they say "science?"
They mean Big Technology. The people that will hire them for their muh professional degrees.

"science" is what people tell them and they take it on faith. it's pretty similar to something else...

i'd give sasha banks the D

Is this loss?

>What the fuck do liberals mean when they say "science?
Whatever the """experts"""" say about their """data"""" (and ignore the """funding""").

really this is the answer. "science" to them isn't a methodology to discovering truth, or an epistemological system or what have you, it's a preconfigured belief system based entirely on poz, degeneracy and hating white people.

The Hypernormalization doc touched on it.
Pop-Science is a magic method that brings about the most preferred state of things
If we just all agree to let smart people take care of things then we are doing what is right.

thats what the leftists say when you claim their snowflake gender isn't real too

science isn't a game where you can pick and choose what you believe because of your ideology. Sorry

They honestly don't have any idea. The systematic dumbing down of science in public schools for >30 yrs has left "Science" as something only the high priests can understand. That concentration of knowledge and confidence makes the folks pretty easy to convince of anything.

>this here elixir will cure just what you've got

Biggest problem of all this is, now the politicians are as ignorant and gullible as anyone (more). So then they become the useful idiots for a yet smaller set of "experts" (loudmouths and special interests, generally).

>the Science is in. 'Nuff said.

Add in a dose of quasi-religious adherence to whatever-my-side-tells-me, and as they say Bob's your uncle.

>science says Bob is your uncle, even if he feels like your aunt
>then that's not science, just hate, right?

they mean materialism and scientific consensus.

nice to see you arent a faggot

Anyone else here remember that page "I fucking love science" from their more normie friendly days? I knew so many people who unironically liked that page and it was just pure voodoo tier shit. It just goes to show that most humans, even most higher IQ whites, are just malleable, naive and semi-retarded NPCs ready to be tuned like the biological machines we all are.

Science is just a pillar of the religion of leftism

they mean "models that reinforce their preconceived notions". not science. they don't know what science is.

Forgot pic

It's just an appeal to authority. They don't even understand the facts behind the statements, they just know that it's "settled science".

Best response. Go here.

>something only the high priests can understand
This is pretty much it in a nut shell. I know a leftist guy, and I argue with him all the time. He will consistently argue about science, but he doesn't know anything because "it's too hard." He will also tell me about "studies," so I read them and get angry because they are all bullshit. I'm a biology major with a pre-med focus, I can understand all this "science" stuff (but I also know where my limits are - atmospheric science and the like)

what was this bitch's name again? I remember posting tributes to her in a thread

its all about looking smart when ur actually the dumbest person the planet and believe everything your told

Romans 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

science is god to the fedora brigade

>Scarf: Meant to keep you warm
>Sleeveless shirt: Meant to keep you cool

WTF is that bitches problem?

Which science are we talking about? Science or (((science)))?

All science except race realism and evolutionary psychology

same. I did meme tier degree sociology right, okay haha, but one thing we did a shit ton of was statistics and that's been easily the best tool I got out of college. So any of these ((((((((((studies)))))))))))) that are statistically based are often so easily debunkable or often, and this is most often the case, often prove the opposite of the point the shitrag Salon or HuffPo was trying to make.

The 2016 NYPD crime stats, on the other hand, well, that's a game leftists aren't ready to play.

>TFW atheist but love whenChristianity BTFOs statists

>is a form of logical and persuasive argument
WTF is this bullshit?

I knew a bunch of liberal fags that thought "science" proofed that drugs were really good for you and they were constantly smoking weed and buying drugs from the internet. They kept saying they had "read studies" that said they were good. And kept ending up getting addicted to drugs lmao.
They hadn't read any studies, they posted on forums and someone would reply saying "Nah thats bullshit theyre good for you" then theyd say "OKAY!" and tell everyone else they read studies

People that do that are fucking losers dont listen to them.

I'm further ahead on the same track.
Your ability to read studies will serve you very well.

>TFW made $2k off Trump's election because can detect obvious BS in state polls

It means you have to accept what designated "scientists" say without question and if you don't you're certainly stupid.

For low level ideological minions, its done in a way no different to when other people refer to the religious doctrine in the case of theists or the state in the case of communists. Its just science is the religion of nihilists.

Like any ideological group you have a bellcurve tho, and there are some very smart people who appeal to the authority of science, but in a less gratuitous way. Not poc-scientists, who are just mirrors of the low intellectuals, but people like Christopher Hitchens who probably best demonstrates how such a mindset can be positive and constructive. In that case he really does appeal to science in an unadulterated and largely non-ideological way

Why else do you think cuck nations have gotten rid of saying race on crime stats. Aus included.

>Ironically

>(You)

>Should

>Stop

>Writing

>Like

>A

>Redditor

Lucky bastard
I should have bet on trump but had no idea how online gambling works

Nice digits btw

dass wayciss

It means we believe in the scientific method and peer review, something our president clearly does not.

I should add tho, perhaps as a result of being based totally in science or being followed by nihlists or both, science as a religion is inherently unstable when followed by large parts of the population and through time. Clearly it is not a substitute for religion which can foster scientific/technological advancement and social/civilisation stability at the same time.

>It means we believe in pop science and clickbait to push dysgenic behaviour
At last I see

there needs to be a way to organize this power for our own purposes.

I would expect such a comment from the devil

>By the late 20th century, logic textbooks had shifted to a less blanket approach to these arguments, often referring to the fallacy as the "Argument from Unqualified Authority" or the "Argument from Unreliable Authority"
They really want to go back to the days of """experts""" being unquestioned don't they?
The thing is that if you are truly an expert you should be able to support your claims through other means than simply "it's true because I say so".
That's why it's a fallacy in the first place, because someone saying something doesn't prove it, regardless of how smart they are.

Pardon my autism, but this is bold even for leftscum. Attacking the basics of logical discourse while not out truly out of character is definitely a curveball.

SEETHING

>there needs to be a way to organize this power for our own purposes.
where have you been, lad? We are the jews now

If any of you guys want the redpill on (((science))) look no further than Anthropology, better seen now as Boazian Anthropology. That fucking shylock was against the entire scientific method as a concept and blacklisted all the original anthropologists who were looking into human population groups and their inherent, biological differences. Anthro used to be pretty redpilled before it was taken over by a subversive (((science man))) named Franz Boas. It's where the meme of "we are all the human race" started from. Franz fucking Boas, who rejected the scientific method and peer review for cult-like worship and jewish intellectualism.

There is only one way forwards.

>What the fuck do liberals mean when the say "science"?
Pop science. If it's not OMG look at this guy play with magnets, I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE!

They are stuck in the mindset of "right is creationist therefore we are on the side of science merely by taking the new position".

Naturally, most of them don't know first thing about scientific method, let alone study in a STEM field.

tl;dr it's a post-christian meme

progressives are better than you, who cares if they can't solve differential equations

>tl;dr it's a post-christian meme
Albeit with an entirely christian ethical and moral framework, paradoxically.

I am pretty sure people simply mean, "the most supported modern theory held by academics in x field," when they state "science." It is a generalization, but not inaccurate.

Science is the stupid mans religion.

predictit.org/

They have the odds of Trump being impeached in 2017 @ 18%, which is retarded.

You'd probably be looking at 15% return or so, including fees. Check my numbers though; I didn't invest because I can't keep my money tied up all year.

youtube.com/watch?v=XTgFtxHhCQ0

You're not wrong, that's how some people pedestalize authority. They believe in science, but science isn't even a belief, it's not wrong or right. It's a process.

Sciencism is the use of scientific authority to end debate instead of seek knowledge

Bro. You do realize that 95% of the liberals are just big bang theory (the ""comedy"" show) retards, right? Now though, after the show sparked their interest. They moved on to the liberal comedian scientists like the black guy on Twitter, that is basically Jaden Smith 2.0.

That's literally the single reason they like space and science shit. It's a fucking joke.

(checked)
True, that's how post-christianity works.

Liberal science
>GMOs are bad
>Crystals are good
>Weed cures cancer
>There are 76 genders, but gender doesn't exist
>Men with titjobs are women
>Identity is stronger than mental illness
>Injecting young boys with female hormones is progressive
>The wage gap exists even though there are infinite genders
Yeah, fuck them. Climate change is a communist ploy.

>who cares if they can't solve differential equations
these are tough desu

It's just a more tedious calculus bruh.

Everyone just looks up the answer after you get far enough in calculus.

"Integration tables"

MY SEX JUNK IS SO OH OH OH

Liberals. Climate change is man Made. Not undeniable.
Science. There are 2 genders
Liberals again. You are clearly a homophobic racist xenophobic asshat

Science is just a new cult. For some reason normies think science can't be wrong despite it being wrong constantly throughout history.

>hurr you can't trust the bible because it was written by man, never question science though!

I'm just starting on these.
I assume it's like the other shit in calculus where it's hard until you learn it and then it becomes fairly simple.

Don't they understand that, man-made or not, it's still an inevitability that the climate will wax and wane?
Pop-Science! is the new science.

i made a shitload on 5dimes.eu

6x my money day of election on a single oldfag whale bet...they even limited my bet max so i had to make a few seperate oldfag whale bets...straight cash homie

fuck the jews!

Go back to asp

>this is bold even for leftscum
You didn't go to college?

Man I'd fuck the shit out of sasha even tho without makeup she looks lie a hideous mongrel.

There are ways to fuck a bitch without looking at her face, it's science

I care about appearances alot, I probably wouldn't be able to get it up if she looks like shit
Think I'd just tell her to put on some makeup.

Whatever floats your boat

Just for you Sb fans

one last bump