Net Neutrality

Conservatives want to get rid of net neutrality laws, but why is it bad for America?

Please redpill me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_nBhfpmk4
youtu.be/wtt2aSV8wdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Net neutrality means turning the internet into what TV is. So (((they))) can control the narrative.

LOSING net neutrality would turn the internet into tv

>TV
>have to pay extra for packages of shitty channels just to get access to the few you want
Isn't that what would happen if net neutrality went away?

I just hope it destroys Sup Forums.org.

I've been there before. Much degeneracy

youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_nBhfpmk4

With Net Neutrality, conservatives are being censored heavily across all major social-media platforms, and liberals don't give a damn. Scrapping Net Neutrality means that the breadwinners who can afford top-tier service will prevail, whereas the SJW queer theorists and starving artists will suffer a massive blow.

The vast majority of low-wage shills and libtards will be reamed with unbearably slow Internet service, which will help clean up Sup Forums.

getting rid of net neutrality is good for big money corporations that give ample donor money to the corrupt republican party. But cucks here will call their Dear Leader "based" and laugh about triggered liberals while Trump slashes the taxes of his wealthy buddies

Are you retarded? Obama created all these terms for freedom like you think, but also expanded the NSA so you can hug yourself and vote liberal.

Nixon lost the Vietnam War because politics learn something fgt warriors aren't buzzfeed fags

Remember back in 2015 when there was no net neutrality?
The Internet was completely unusable, innovation was non existent, and Sup Forums was illegal.
I'm so glad government stepped in.
You can never have too much government.

t. The completely trustworthy John Oliver.

Your not wrong about the potential for that, but the biggest immediate cost for consumers is potentially slower internet.

Sup Forums for example would probably be put in the slow lane.

questio nfrom someone who doesnt know a lot about politics

did the obama administration incorporate a law under the guise of "protecting" net neutrality? is that what trump wants to get rid of?

What conservatives want to do is to cut the balls off the FCC. The FCC shouldn't be able to make laws/regulations by executive fiat.

If you want to have net neutrality, it needs to go through congress, faggot.

If we let the FCC take control here, we could have a situation where speech is completely free under conservative leadership (and the media can go full retard like in pic related), but when a libcuck is in power they can flip the regulations so that you can't criticize the government.

The solution is to make a law that you can't get around via executive fiat.

Don't be confused, mainstream cuckservatives are on the side of the libshits in this situation, but the solution really is a full-blown law.

>Obama created all these terms for freedom like you think
"Net neutrality" as a term has been around since 2003.

I think you ought to look into what net neutrality actually entails. It has nothing to do with the speed of general service.

Before 2015 there were no legal protections for net neutrality in place, as the FCC didn't have the right to tell carriers to not to fuck over their customers.

Internet providers have attempted to throttle traffic by type or by user (Comcast in 2007), have imposed arbitrary and secret caps on data (AT&T 2011-2014), hidden fees that had no justification or documentation (Comcast in 2016), and tried to give technical advantages to their own services over those of competitors (AT&T in 2016).

>I think you ought to look into what net neutrality actually entails. It has nothing to do with the speed of general service.

I suppose I should have asked you to tell me what you think Net neutrality means and what its removal entails. The last libtard was banging on about tiered service plans that would harm low-income folks.

>I suppose I should have asked you to tell me what you think Net neutrality means and what its removal entails.
I'm asking you why conservatives think it's a bad thing that needs to be done away with. If you don't have an educated answer for me you aren't useful.

>mainstream cuckservatives

Are old and internet illiterate by a vast majority.

youtu.be/wtt2aSV8wdw

Net neutrality laws are in a way doublespeak or Newspeak. The idea being conveyed is that without these laws the internet will cease to function but in reality the internet has largely operated without any sort of neutrality laws and there's never been issues. .
This is a ploy to gain control of political content on the web this is kind of a backdoor way under the guise of Consumer Protections.

You need to ask yourself was the internet bad in like I don't know mm mm 5 know you can get tons of illegal s*** you can anymore

>there's never been issues.
See