Friendly Reminder

If you can't code, you are literally subhuman and will die of starvation.

youtube.com/watch?v=B-m6JDYRFvk

fastcompany.com/3060883/why-coding-is-the-job-skill-of-the-future-for-everyone

Other urls found in this thread:

livegrep.com/search/linux?q=fuck
livegrep.com/search/linux?q=shit
livegrep.com/search/linux?q=bitch
livegrep.com/search/linux?q=nigge
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-0001-introduction-to-computer-science-and-programming-in-python-fall-2016/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidetaka_Miyazaki
youtube.com/user/noobtoprofessional
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>checks flag
yup.
go back chink.

For one, programming is an incredibly degrading job that offers 0 job security and is the vocation most plagued by ageism by a far margin. You are not respected at any normal company. Every day, some Alpha who probably does nothing at his job except get his secretary to suck his dick in his corner office cucks you into doing random bitch work, and then yells at you when it's not done by the deadline despite it being impossible to complete the work requested. Not only that, the code rarely works, your co-workers are Indians brought in by Tata Consultancy who will replace you for half the salary and you have to train them to get your $500 severance, and the work never, ever ends. You pollute your body with the caffeinenated jew, deprive it of sleep, and let it rot while you sit the majority of the day, neglecting any healthy exercise, social interaction or life game goal attainment.

It's like a postal worker, but coupled with feelings of loneliness, helplessness and total hopelessness. Programmers are too depressed to go postal, a sad state of affairs. After dentists, programmers have the highest rates of mental disorders, especially depression and suicide.

It gets worse. Women, when they hear you are a programmer, instantly reject you. It is far better to tell a woman you are on welfare than to out yourself as a computer programmer. It's highly embarrassing for a woman to associate with a programmer, as everyone knows they are the grown up version of the hopeless virgin in high school. One who never really grew up and became normal and fit into society, but rather found an environment where he could escape the reality of his situation and be invisible, able to hide the toxic shame and utter humiliation that is the programmer.

Programming's father, Alan Turing, 404'd himself with cyanide because he was a programmer. Programmers, why haven't you taken the cyanide pill and quit jewgramming and turned to a respectable and productive profession?

>What did he mean by this?

We're gonna be fucked when all the women die of starvation.

kek, this pasta is great. Never fails to rile the stem autists up.

Nice copypasta Panjeet.

codemonkeys will be obsolete in 10 years when we have self-assembling machine language. better import more unskilled migrants to fill the gap.

>tfw too old(25) to start programming

meme

Sounds like retail work.

>Pajeet

im 34 and starting a course in web development in a few months

daily reminder that coding is a slave job and one of the shities on the market right now

max(10,10)
>5

i like this shop. i-it is a shop, r-right?

what's the matter, can't handle a little girl power?

www.kodewithklossy.com

>WHAT THE FUCK

When guys code:
livegrep.com/search/linux?q=fuck
livegrep.com/search/linux?q=shit
livegrep.com/search/linux?q=bitch
livegrep.com/search/linux?q=nigge

not too old, but if you keep making excuses for yourself you're probably not cut out for CS anyways.

meant to respond to this guy

>industury

Jebus Christos

Thats some seriously pointless piece of code. "Hurr durr I wont use * so Im just gonna handicap my code and write it all manually"

We are so far from that it isn't even worth discussing right now. By the time it actually is a thing, there will be another decade worth of work just transitioning all the legacy applications. Most of us will be retired by then, or in management positions where we won't care.

>rape
>50 instances found

burrr!

>you are literally subhuman and will die of starvation.
I can grow food, I'm not coding or starving.

I started at 28, got my first salaried job doing it at 30

WE WUZ SPACE EXPLORERS N SHEET

>tfw I just got into Computer Engineering
>tfw almost 5 years for a degree

Why is it that girls can't code anyway?

Arrogance

IQ and a complete lack of analytical ability

I've never seen a decent female coder

>If you can't code, you are literally subhuman and will die of starvation.

Coding is nothing.

Understanding the complex mathematics needed for AI is needed.

50 Million NEETS playing with Arduino's and Raspberry Pi's are NOT the future of technology.

That one is sort of fun, going to give it a try

if(a == 0 || b == 0){
return 0;
}
int result = a;
for (int i = a; i >= 0; i--){
result += a;
}
if (a < 0 || b < 0){
return 0 - result;
}
else{
return result;
}

will it work?

>Programming's father, Alan Turing, 404'd himself with cyanide because he was a programmer. Programmers, why haven't you taken the cyanide pill and quit jewgramming and turned to a respectable and productive profession?

58 year old unemployed programmer here.
Getting a CDL and becoming a bus driver.
In 3 years I'll be above my old salary.
I may die of boredom, but I won't starve.

>doesn't work with negative numbers
>can't use while loop
public int Product(int a, int b)
{
int s = 0;
if (b >=0){
for (int i=0; ib;i--){
s-=a;
}
}
return s;
}

You can automate coding. The most important Job Skill of the future will be to actually fix and improve the physical hardware. That's something you can't automate (yet).

how did you end up unemployed? did you not educate yourself of newer languages?

You know PLC and CPU architectures are mainly designed with AI right?

oops, one correction for cases when they are both negative, and getting rid of the extra loop

if(a == 0 || b == 0){
return 0;
}
int result = a;
for (int i = a; i > 0; i--){
result += a;
}
if ((a < 0 || b > 0) || (a > 0 || b < 0)){
return 0 - result;
}
else{
return result;
}

proof?

AI has been applied to the design of computer chips, and in fact was one of the first applications of AI. Some techniques taught in Intro-to-AI courses are routinely used by computer-aided design tools every day. Finding shortest paths in large sparse mazes by A*-search is used in wire routing. SAT-solving is used in formal verification (how do you know that your circuit always produces correct output values?).

Modern chips are so large that doing all the design by hand would be hopelessly slow. And verification is way too complex for doing it by hand. So, many tasks have been automated over the last 40 years, and additional tasks are being automated. Every time someone comes up with a new way to design chips (e.g., new interconnect fabrics, new combinations of memory and computation, etc), the design process needs to be automated. Intel and IBM have internal CAD organizations for these purposes. Several companies (Cadence, Synopsys, Mentor Graphics) sell CAD tools, which can be viewed as applications of AI to chip design.

Machine learning has recently been applied to chip design in several ways.
You can try to learn the best configurations of software tools to improve the results of chip optimization. You can learn how to predict likely places on a chip that may experience manufacturing defects. If you can predict the load on a CPU, then you can dynamically scale down the voltage to save energy.

another correction
for (int i = b; i > 0; i--){

it's a process

My employer sold a new product that cut into profits, so my boss took over my work.

It does no matter what I know - they can tell my age from my resume and I go to the bottom of the pile.

this

nice copypasta

how does you age make you unemployable? there's serious demand for coders afaik.

I actually really want to learn to program, I know some Python basics but that's about it, anyone have any good learning sources they could recommend?

> you
*your

ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-0001-introduction-to-computer-science-and-programming-in-python-fall-2016/

MIT has tons of courses for free online.

I have, but all of them are autistic as fuck. Basically guys in female bodies.
I've never seen a hot girl who's simultaneously a decent coder.

thanks friend

Jesus christ...

def multiplier( a , b ):
product = 0
For i in range(b):
product += a
return product

That's a great age to start, you'r not too old for it at all. Just start now and make a few novel programs.

That's manufacturing. Of course nobody makes a complex chip by hand.

>code
I hate this term more than "app"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidetaka_Miyazaki

This is one of the lead designers of darksouls, he didn't start programming until his mid-late 20s.

He's now president of the company.

Dude is a fucking legend in my opinion.

>>tfw too old(25) to start programming
Silly leaf. Maybe you didn't get a head start, but its not too late. If you can read and enjoy problem solving, you can code.

Looks very similar to electronic logic gates

honest quesiton, what's the hip phrase to say? im just a simple env scientist who samples groundwater and asbestos.

code? program? hackering? write code?

this is absolutely disgusting

>programming jobs declining

FUCK

just say programming

has it right

and , see me after class

It's never too late. You can move from nothing to a professional (employable) level in less than a year. But real programming is hard. It isn't just fun.

yeah.. no.

Someone explain what this is and what is happening. Also nice ID

Please rewrite this sentence with your preferred word in place of code:

"We have made no code changes to the software since December 1st, only configuration changes to the application enviornment."

Someone give me a quick rundown on this programming

shes just changing directories over and over in a terminal

Why learn code if I'm not going to work in anything related?
I want 2 build a nice PC sometime though.

>checked

Find a task that in manually being done and automate it with a complex set of instructions

This shit post again leaf?

Female coders lol

>she needs to join our startup
>let's invite her

For fuck's sake

Hope you enjoy having a useless piece of shit sitting around and draining resources all day because you hired her solely based on the fact that she's a woman

cd changes your current directory. "cd .." moves you up one directory. Half of what she's doing there isn't even running that command properly. ls lists everything in the current directory. This is what you learn in your first day of any class that uses Linux. As for the top of the screen, she has a super basic concatenation function that just combines two strings, also something you would learn on your first day of any programming related class.

Building things that run on machines is such a useful skill. Espically if you own a machine

Doesn't work for floats or negative values of b.

hacking, so you can get information from people you don't like.

Negatives yes but muh floats.

Chris Hawkes started @ 27 I think. youtube.com/user/noobtoprofessional

the sad thing is it's rap videos that made women what they are today. You cant blame the fuckers who thought this up.

women were a mistake

People automatically assume an older programmer isn't going to be able to adapt with the times as a younger one will.

Trying to learn to code past 25 or get a programming job after 25 is a waste of time because nobody will hire you. I know a 40 year old who is an amazing programmer that's been doing it all his life and his constantly reading up on newest shit to change with the times yet he had to go freelance cause nobody wants to hire him due to his age despite a godly resume and tons of great references.

I had a fairly good knowledge of Assembly, Turbo Pascal, and Qbasic back in the early '90s. Fucked around with HTML 1. What's a good starting point to get some skills that could earn me some sidebux? I read the last thread, just found this one.

>Chad

>on this programming

I WAS TOLD COMPUTER SCIENCE WAS A GOOD DEGREE AND PROGRAMMING WAS A GOOD FIELD

$80,000 OF DEBT AND A YEAR OF UNEMPLOYMENT TELLS ME PROGRAMMING IN BUMFUCK OHIO WAS A BAD CHOICE

Are are you ever going to get floats when the method signature only allows integers to be passed in?

his age has nothing to do with it

its his resume.

why hire a senior programmer demaning $90k salary, when you can hire a 23 year old schmuck straight out of college for $30k.

usually someone posts the version with wiki article. the guy's is some aesthetic code used in early video games during a time when processing power was very limited. i think it was for doom 1, it made shadows possible.

implying a low entry level of coding is worth something