What is the current state of Russia's military?

What is the current state of Russia's military?

Would they be able to put up a fight against the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_military_and_paramilitary_personnel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

outdated tech and man force thats not as half of a warrior as one can find in the anglosphere.
americans should lead the effort, strike and end this evil russian menace.

As long as we don't invade them in the winter we should be good.

Would be something like Bob Sap vs Broc Lesnar

lol no

Why fight, Russia could be friend. They're not commies anymore.

US would win in every military scenario except in a nuclear one, in which both US and Russia blow each other up.

But you are the commie now.

Mutually assured destruction. Doesn't matter if their shit is outdated, US and Russia alone have enough nukes to completely level the Earth.

They should be our allies against brown and yellow people.

You sure about that? Russia has about a million more people in the military than the US

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_military_and_paramilitary_personnel

No because US military men are conservative and a bunch know about jewish tricks, even more know about full scale agression being useless for their families, leading to my conclusion they'd be a divided mess.

why is your countries flag wrong

Jokes on you, I am a turk.

I think he meant quality of the troops, not numbers.

Better to be a commie than have to go to five mandatory prayers while a new guy rapes your wife every day.

There's no country on earth that comes close to winning any non-nuclear war with the US. China is doing the smart thing, they are building regional weaponry rather than worldwide, meaning while they can't project power outside of their region, they are very well prepared to conquer/defend their AoI. Still would lose to the US but in 10 to 20 years may be able to win a regional war, due to US focus on weaponry that projects force all over the world rather than focusing on a specific region.

Noone told you to decide between being a commie or a muslim you defeatist cuck.

All soldiers are same soldiers so China must be winnest wardoods.

Don't breed, shithead.

Russian troops are prone to drunkenness and severe lack of discipline. Fuck, they were selling their weapons to the Chechens for alcohol, then getting killed by their own weapons in the Chechen hands.

I just want them to take Constantinople back for Christianity. I don't think Putin will but the next guy can.

Their nuclear bomber will be serving in their airforce for over 90 years hahahah, this is their current state. I think they only spend about 15-20 billion more then us on their defence budget and they pay their troops with apples. Their army is riddled with Cold War tech and honestly without their nukes they would be a joke.

Forgot to add the picture

>Chechens
>2k17
Wake up, fella, it was a long time ago

>Constantinople
Istanbul is the name, right of the conquerer is universal and still applies.

I seem to remember hitler saying something similar

>defending turks

Pretty good honestly. They have been reforming their command structure since the South Ossetia conflict and are a much more effective fighting force. They have retired a lot of old officers, created a solid NCO corps, and invested in good technology.

They have more tanks that shoot farther. They have more submarines. They don't have much of an air force, but they have excellent anti-air and artillery so they can compensate pretty well. They also understand strategy better, have a more cohesive structure, and can very effectively integrate regular and irregular forces. The RAND corporation estimates that they would reach the German border in 60 hours if Russia invaded eastern Europe. So yeah they would put up a fight.

Then why are you a muslim shitskin?

Russky what do you say, would you be able to hold your own against the US

Yes and they haven't fought a real war since. Not sure why you think discipline improved since then, there's no reason or evidence to suggest it did. The Soviet troops were terrible in Afghanistan. Really Russia has never been good at anything but beating up on central Asian savages and letting the winter and lack of enemy preparation save it from much stronger opponents.

They're troops were very good, if they had supporting logistics the wehrmacht would have performed much better late in the war. As it was when the west crumbled and berlin was bombed out their supplies went to shit.

The United States could never successfully invade Russia, and vice versa.

Because God made me this way, and I wont deny it, like you defeatist cocksucker who sucks commie dick on daily basis. Fuck, you americans were so based.

So obviously quantity of troops and a willingness to sacrifice them goes a long way

Fuck that bitch ass nigga.

BACK TO BACK WORLD WAR CHAMPIONS YOU GERMAN PIECES OF SHIT.

> The US troops were terrible in Afghanistan. Really USA has never been good at anything but beating up on central Asian savages and letting the winter and lack of enemy preparation save it from much stronger opponents.

I fixed it for u

The German troop quality was far superior. That's like saying the Persians must have been better fighters than the Spartans cause they won at Thermopylae.

Nigger answer my question and stop replying to that retard

No, that's my point. The German forces were defeated by exhaustion and lack of resources. American forces encountered the same tactics the Russians pulled on Germany in the pacific with nips charging blindly into death. The difference is American soldiers had bullets for their machine guns to mow down 5,000 banzai screaming idiots running at them.

>America
Much stronger military
Better Tech
More force projection
>Russia
Stronger Military than most
Decent tech
Very little navy

In s confrontation outside of Russia we would steamroll the Ruskies. However taking Russia is pretty much impossible. It would be the same situation as Vietnam and Afghanistan where we would be occupying a hostile populace, and russia is much much larger.

We could win and occupy china with losses on all sides, but occupying Russia would be a nightmare even if achievable.

>US vs Russia miltech

One military follows the philosophy of building the most perfect and most expensive shit in the world with a endless supply of money and huge corporate interests.

The other follows the philosophy of "how can we build the most efficient, long-lasting weapons with the money we do have"

America likes their 100 outdated f22's and money tumors like the F35.

Russia upgrades the shit it can the best it can and only resorts to completely new stuff if they can't upgrade anymore.

Anyone whos says the US would completely dominate Russia in any scenario is full of shit.

I really doubt a single f35 can take on a skilled rusky in Flanker E

And the T-50 is looking more like a f22 hunter everyday.

ofcource.

Here's a red pill reality shock reply.

Russia would not be able to beat America in a full complete war.

But this doesn't matter because they don't have to.

With the current american liberal and weak society, which is easily manipulated by the media and the internet, they need only to inflict sufficient damage (which is not much) to make internal turmoil being a major problem in the USA.

Any major troop or mainland damage to the USA would probably make reddit, tumblr and other liberal media outlets go wild, and with them, the millennial group.

It would be a Vietnam 2.0, except faster. Don't forget that Russia has control over the average american's opinion, not the other way around, since they have a lot of gov control of their media.

>Germans had quality troops
>still lost

It seems that quality isnt the only thing that matters

We are still in Afghanistan and were never gonna leave. The only way they can fight us is with IED's.

It was a different era of tech, but even so you ruskies got fucked.

When will you fags learn from Uncle Adolph and the Japs mistakes?

You don't fucking invade Russia its an awful idea.

He is a turk, look at the fucking flag, but memes aside, no country can take other countries huge city in a militaristic action anymore if the population is patriotic, and turks are patriotic as fuck

The real question is when have Russia and the US actually directly fought each other?

Only thing I can find is US troops died fighting in the Russian civil war back in 1918.

We have to accept that the US and Russia are both too cowardly to fight each other.

No, you didn't. US beat Spain, the Brits, the Germans twice (remember when you drunks dropped out of WWII? Good times), beat Japan (remember when they kicked your ass to become the first non-European country to beat a European in like 300 years? Good times). Remember when you vodkies lost the Crimean? Good times. I mean really, when did Russia ever win a war against a middling country in which winter didn't save them from defeat?

Mobility and resources are the strength of modern forces. The US has that in abundance, in fact we notoriously thrive on war time economics. I think we would last longer than their numbers could afford. Stalingrad would look like childs play in comparison.

The T90 can fire missiles from its barrel capable of destroying any tank the Americans can field at a 5km range without line of sight and without fear of reprisal due to their SCHTORA defence system.

Ontop of this, the Russians have six times the total amount of active American tanks stockpiled, ready to be re-enabled at a moment's notice, not to mention the huge APC disparity due to the extreme amounts of BMPs and BTRs the Soviet Union produced.

The USA can not win a conventional war with Russia.

>Anglo
Country is full of Chinese and lebs
>evil Russian menace
so the only country doing something about Isis is evil ?

People still think of Russia as the old USSR. Russia is a regional power with nukes. They can project power locally for short/medium duration but if went against a near peer they lack massively due to the rot of 30 plus years since cold war.

Small sub force (like 10% of cold war days)and small amount of army that is well outfitted.

Russia is no joke but they don't match up with the U.S conventionally.

Anyone who believes Russia is a big threat to the US is deluded.

The US Air Force is worth more than the entire Russian military.

Russia has a collapsing economy based entirely off gas. China would be a bigger threat to the US and Russia.

No, outfitting your troops so they don't die or become useless in the winter matters. That doesn't say anything to the Russians being good fighters.

>We are still in Afghanistan
But for what purpose? It's useless piece of shit. Even brits understand it.

Actually up until communism, Russia and the US were very close allies.

That we can agree on. The only thing our presence in Afghanistan does now is strengthen ISIS in the country.

The CIA needs to continue feeding US heroin addiction and killing idiots by lacing it with fentanyl desu.

>The T90 can fire missiles from its barrel capable of destroying any tank the Americans can field at a 5km range without line of sight and without fear of reprisal due to their SCHTORA defence system.
>Ontop of this, the Russians have six times the total amount of active American tanks stockpiled, ready to be re-enabled at a moment's notice, not to mention the huge APC disparity due to the extreme amounts of BMPs and BTRs the Soviet Union produced.
>The USA can not win a conventional war with Russia.

because tank vs tank warfare doesn't happen anymore retard.

any modern tank battle will be decided by aircraft lol.

Germany would very likely have defeated Russia in a one front war.

You also have to consider the massive material support the reds were getting from western powers.

God didn't make you, some crusty mud cunt shit you out to be an agent of Satan.
I get that a lot of the world disagrees with the US, and I am fine with that, but 99% of the world legitimately hates your country and your people. For a good reason. You're disgusting in every way possible.
USA USA USA USA!!!

Noice. Actually, why don't we really just bomb that monkeys in Asia together?

Who do I believe?

One, maybe two EMP airbursts and your mobility scooters are sitting cucks.
>America
encourages hubris
>Russia
no tolerance for hubris
This mongrel gets it.
>liberal media outlets go wild
You misspelled dark.
>were never gonna leave.
Sounds like a personal problem. Now think of how little it costs them and how much cost they inflict.
>mfw vidya cucks and jingoist fledditors try their hands at strategic analysis
>thinks wars are fought with receipts
Defense contractor shill spotted

>Germany
Lol.

No

America could literally go to war with both Russia and China and win with our navy and air force alone.

Seriously look up the numbers. America's projected force is triple of what Russian or Chinese forces are capable of.

would be happier if we bombed out Africa and resettled . Asians are crazy but at least they have civilization and work hard.

>Even brits understand it.

Actually at the time the Brits left it was a very important trading hub. Funny enough, we're suffering the same problems the Brits did then.

>"Give us money, weapons and leave us alone and we got your back."
>"Here ya go."
>*get shot*
>"The fuck?!"
>"That was our rival tribe, we need more money and weapons."
>"Well.. ok."
>*this repeats while Pasthun giggling erupts from the hills*

Why was the only russky to enter thread a retard? Does this resolve my question?

Don't understand why Americans are so against a somewhatwhite Christian patriotic nation but suck (((their))) dick real had and bend over backwards for Sunni Muslims

There go those Anglos. Always poking the bear.

They are slightly above North Korean tier. They don't have the ability to project power much further than their own border and have to threaten nuclear war every time there's a threat because it's really all they have left after the Soviet union collapsed.

For comparison, they have less than 10 military bases outside of Russia and their only port is in Syria. The United States in comparison has over 800 military bases across the globe.

Maybe but it will be nice smashing cucks together

The Americans haven't created a new air defence system since the Patriot, which has become very obsolete. Meanwhile the Russians have advanced hybrid radar/infrared flak AND missile systems such as the Tunguska. Swatting T72 monkey models in the desert is no problem for America's airforce, but good luck flying anywhere near the frontline with an air defence network stretching all the way to your airfield.
Americans like to believe in
>muh airforce
because it works when bombing mudslimes with no real anti aircraft weaponry. And even then they lose planes to MANPAD-armed goat farmers. Sad!

I am all for that. I want Russia, China and the US to say fuck it, and wipe out all the muzzies together.

I raise you 1x s400

Yes.

America would win easy. Both Afghanistan and Iraq are unconventional wars and difficult to fight because there is nothing to fight. (Was there personally.)

But if we got into a conventional war we would literally curb stomp anyone and everyone.

Yea a decent leader.
Hitler fucked the Nazi's
In no particular order
>No retreat policy
>Lets strip the armor and send em to stalingrad
>Stops production of Stg 44
>Does tons of drugs
>Lets use rockets on civvies instead of radar stations.
>Kills all the best generals.
>Lets call Rommel off for ceremonies right before a critical battle
>Lets not have specialized jet fighters all things must be bombers
>Lets ally with the Japs and give the US kikes an excuse to attack us.
>Appoints men who hate each other to lead each military branch, no coordination till its too late

But what happens when they go taliban and fight like insurgents? We lose right?

Whereas if it was reversed, russkies would indescriminately slaughter any US insurgents

thats why we have to bomb this dumbshits with napalm

You guys do realize there are Congo levels of minerals under Afghanistan right.

Do they still have that shitload of nukes? are they usable in a coordinated attack?

Yes and yes.

This. China is the next big player, and they've shown their willingness to fight the U.S. at least twice previously.

fuck it, muslims here must suffer

I talked shit to the Russian because we were debating, said we should withdraw from Afghanistan, that Russia before the Soviets was one of our closest friends, and that we could work together to wipe out the Saracens, how am I opposed to Russia and pro-Sunni based on all that?

They cant. They have an actual country. They have infrastructure. The moment they go underground Russia stops existing. Whatever you have left is just a rebel movement.

Plus believe it or not we ARE winning against insurgents in Afghanistan. It's just slow work.

>hasn't heard of THAAD or the new ICBM defense system.

Stalin was guilty of most of those things and worse. Unfortunately I think a starved mongoloid army with decent mass produced weapons and a few million more men would have a good chance of winning

If they don't use nukes or chemical warfare they would lose.

Plus like I said there is a trillion+ dollars in rare earths plus a ton of natural gas.

We are not going anywhere.

Have you not heard the news about the U.S. military becoming the first to be able to shoot down an ICBM in space like 2 days ago?

As far as the Russian anti missile systems, the Syrian government has the S-300 and it hasn't stopped Israel or the United States from bombing them at will.

Amen

Because we're stupid.

You obviously do not know anything about U.S.A.F avionics and weapons systems. Who ever detects the bad guy first, wins. U.S.A.F vet speaking you nigger.

Plus if we did go to war with Russia we would have to turn on that old world mind set again like we had in ww2.

We would kill more civilians than have ever been killed in a war before.

I don't have a problem with Russia but to think they could fight the US Military is just delusional.

Russia could never take mainland America, the expenditure of blood and money would make Russia crumble, not to mention how would they get here without being destroyed by our navy.

For this anons who think that US "can bury us"