California Senate Passes Single-Payer Healthcare

mercurynews.com/2017/06/01/california-senate-passes-single-payer-health-care-plan/

What a day. What a day...

On the same days that the regressive forces committed economic and geo-political seppuku by pulling out of the Paris Climate Accord, the bastion of progress on the West Coast (which happens to be the best coast) moved a step closer to joining the rest of the developed world in providing healthcare as a RIGHT to all its citizens.

I hope you rednecks in flyover states are envious. Muahaha

Other urls found in this thread:

usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good. This is how it should be done, since the federal government is useless.

Tell us about your wonderful healthcare system! I want to know what I have to look forward to in California once we get single-payer!

It probably won't be like ours. I know you're baiting for anti-universal healthcare replies. Just stick to reddit.

Trump tries to help country
California has a hissy fit and
And will try to force rape country
Like a cunt

Are you this delusional, Billy Bob?

WE ARE ALL FUCKED

FUCKED

>>tfw moving into SF for a year to finish college
>>tfw probably die

Health care is a right.
I also have right not to pay for it

Baiting? I'm legitimately pumped about this. It's the silver lining in this otherwise dark day for humanity.

>what are taxes

I quit working in 2012

2008 actually, but I did make a deal in 2012.

Increase $8,000 tax bill for all taxpayers. Kek. Fucking faggots pay up.

Also, it covers Illegal immigrants. Hahaha

Welp, I may not agree with it but I'm going to abuse the ever living shit out of it until the system collapses.

Does it cover marijuana?

>get cancer
>get put on a 2 year waiting list for treatment

>break your leg
>wait in the ER for fifteen hours because forty mexicans and niggers in front of you all have hangnails

>need a transplant
>get it performed by an undereducated, underpaid incompetent doctor because any doctor worth a shit left the state to go make actual money worth their time

Welcome to the Cuckistanian health care system, enjoy california you fucking faggots

They can pass what they want, but all funding is voted for by the taxpayer in California.

In other words, this means nothing unless the actual taxpayers agree to it.

I'm interested to see what this does businesses who supplement employee healthcare. Providing less expensive HMO type healthcare to employees has been somewhat of a bonus for the employees.

I haven't read much about this, but is the employer supposed to contribute to this like SUI? Is the employer off the hook?
Can I upgrade to non shit tier single payer insurance?

Can't wait until your companies move to Alabama lmao

They think illegal immigrants deserve the same rights though. Let's see how long they're willing to pay someone who never pays themselves

Isn't California going bankrupt? How will they pay for this?
Did they finish their high speed train yet?

Had to read this twice before i realized not sarcasm

lol

this 100%

wrong

>gets cancer
>gets put on 2 year waiting list
>drives to texas to get immediate care and higher quality in exchange for money.

Do you know what tfw means?

It's going to die any way. This is some bored politician that wants to put their name out there. There's no way to pay for it and no way it will pass 2/3.
More "feel good" legislation from this fuckin state.

No just big pharma pills

> Democrats proposing 15% additional payroll tax to pay for this
Who the fuck are these people?! Gonna love it when a bunch of companies and workers leave the state because they don't want to pay tens of thousands of dollars more for worse insurance

TheFuryWithin

Those potheads can do whatever the fuck they want. I don't care as long as the federal government doesn't bail them out when they can't afford to pay for their policies. In N Out still sucks either way.

They're planning on raising sales tax by 2.5% to help pay for it. Fucking sales tax is already 7.75-9.75%. Some places even higher...

adding another 15% to Commiefornias insane tax rate. This ridiculous health plan covers illegal Immigrants as well, who continue to ride the backs of this countries citizens.

just nuke CA already

>as a right to all citizens
>gives healthcare to all 3 million plus illegals.

So PrOgReSsIvE~~~~

We raised gas tax and vehicle registration fees to help for that. Oh, and our literally crumbling roads. Driving around in California is a rougher ride that when I was in Iraq. No joke. About as many unfriendlies too...

It doesn't cover illegal immigrants. Basically the provinces are in charge of it and the feds just give money and help.

California just signed a fiscal anchor around it's leg and jumped off a cliff, knowing that the rest of the US has to bail it out because it's too big to fail.

why did it take you so long?

>be Wendy's chef
>make 14k working full time
>get taxed 25%, only take home 10.5k per year
>pay 8.5% sales tax on everything you buy, reducing that to $9,660
JUST

>Also, it covers Illegal immigrants
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Enjoy your Sweden-Tier taxes!

Cali sucks, but I take exception with a Double-Double and fries. Possibly California's only contribution to culture.

Nobody is too big to fail any more. Especially after they've pissed all over most of the country.

The sad thing is that when taxes skyrocket and health care declines, they'll try to blame it on Trump and retarded dems will believe it 100% without questioning how Trump can be the cause of massive state taxes and a shitty state health care plan.

Still has to pass assembly for budget. It won't happen. They'll send it back amended and it'll need a 2/3 majority. Small businesses are calling bullshit, and they'll win.

Please build a wall and keep all your faggoty friends in Cali by force. Let no one leave. Ever.

>Illegals covered
>$400 billion a year
>CA current budget is $140 billion
>x3 increase
>15% state tax increase to pay for it
>current income tax revenue $80 Billion
>add 15% with new tax $102 Billion in revenue
>going to running a deficit of 50% or more of revenue
>goodbye California

yeah. wa state here. we loathe you commies and want you and your pothead niggers back in ca.

>tfw you're illegal
>tfw you, your six brothers, five sisters, 12 aunts, 15 uncles, mom, and dad are home in the great state of California
>tfw you're inviting more family and friends
>tfw you have to pay 8,000 $ for my healthcare
Give me MY money. Now.

Build a wall around your state and stay the fuck away from us you parasites.

LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM

Sovereignty of the individual.
If CA wants to be retarded fine. If the fed wants to force CA's retardation on everyone else, that's not fine.

Did you even read the article you posted? Nothing was done. They're still just talking about it.

What's this from?

>Illegals covered
>Huge taxes
>Massive spending increases

How long before California demands a bail out?

Fuck California. Born and raised. Nothing but liberal retards and sjw's. What happened to my guns!

Fuck California.
t.texas

I concur.
t.rectangle with big hills in it

You're fucking retarded....

California has the highest GDP of all states.

Twice as much as Texas....

>....
>....

every sick person starts a gofund me page

>ca can't go broke
>too big to fail!
You were born in 2009, weren't you?

Twice the GDP
Twice the Debt
Soon to be quadruple
usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html