HAPPENING: Muslim Ban appealed to the SCOTUS

archive.is/6T1PC

With Gorsuch on the court, will the SCOTUS btfo the ACLU and leftists?

Other urls found in this thread:

ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4977&context=flr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This'll be a moment of truth. We'll see if Gorsuch is just another cuck.

There is literally no reason this doesn't get approved. I can't fucking wait for the salt.

Kek's here. Praise

We can only hope for now.

Party Line Vote, then?

checked

14th amendment says equal protection under the law.

The 14th amendment doesn't apply to the fucking Globe retard. American citizens.

> Citizens of another nation
> Protected class

Pick one.

there's literally no argument against it. its a power granted to Trump by the constitution

but user, we're all citizens of the world! borders are illusory!

It won't happen. the original ban was for 90 days just so they "could update the immigration system". It's now been 120 days? It was clearly an excuse just to ban Muslims indefinitely and the supreme Court isnt going to be fooled by it.

>Implying banning muslims is a bad thing

I bet Roberts caves again and they strike it down and effectively prevent and immigration controls from ever being implemented again

The president clearly has the authority in USC 1182 (f). No question about it, supreme Court will rule in trump admins favor. Get them banning memes ready.

Wrong, SCOTUS jurisprudence has extended Due Process to Foreign Nationals in a variety of circumstances that are outside the US. In fact, Kennedy was in on one of those decision.

nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Notice how it says any person. That means you cant kick out someone solely because they are Muslim.

Actually the language kind of does, which was illuminated during the Sally Yates testimony

Good early test of Gorsuch I think
It will tell Trump what direction he needs to go in for future appointments

man if this gets appealed... imagine all of the literal shaking

No it doesn't. If you aren't a citizen of this country you aren't entitled to anything but a deportation

It's the "country of origin"clause that got this ban stopped. The judge was incorrect however, as the ban is clearly on countries of current residence, not origin.

SHADILAY

Travel ban will be instated later this year.

Thats not how the system works. Lower court's decision now sets a precedent of limited presidential power on matters of immigration. Two parts of INA are in conflict. SCOTUS will now decide if the lower courts decision is right or wrong. Initial duration of the ban is irrelevant

Too bad the law doesn't state Muslim or any religion for that matter.

This is a test for Gorsuch. If he votes against Trump, then Dr. President knows to go further to the right with his next appointed judge.

And it should because this is entirely legal and the reasons for blocking it are clearly activist

>yeah it's not illegal but we are implying that the intent is racist therefore blocked

Absolute flagrant abuse of judicial power these federal judges should be impeached and removed from the bench

Is this a new shill tactic?

>Kick Muslims out
The ban is to prevent them from coming here.

The amendments do not apply to foreign people that are not on US soil. How hard is this?

I'm not implying anything. I'm saying that's the veil the trump administration used to ban Muslims and the court system isn't so stupid which is why it failed to pass at the very first hurdle. I'll be surprised if the supreme Court even takes a look at it and doesn't just tell him no

The only ones doing the literal shaking will be Sup Forums when it rules Trump can't implement his clearly racist travel ban.

Well, time to fuck the jurisprudence.

A person who isn't currently in the country and never has been isn't a foreign national.

IT. IS. NOT. A. MUSLIM. BAN.

GET A CLUE, RETARD.

It will be overruled in Trumps favor in a vote along party lines.

Trump will be vindicated, and he should decide to expand and keep the ban indefinitely since why the fuck not

Eery

USC 1182 (f)

Go fucking read it

The President HAS the authority.

>within its jurisdiction
how are citizens of a different country that are living outside of US are within US jurisdiction?

The 9th told trump he couldn't update the system either cause "DAS RASSIST". So he can still call for the ban based on this.

5-4 ruling in favor of the Trump admin

Check it.

>muslim ban
You are fake news.

It is a ban on terrorist countries with dysfunctional governments that we cannot verify documentation from.

The vast majority of Muslims are from countries not on the list. Can't call it a Muslim ban when the vast majority of them worldwide aren't affected by it at all.

let me guess? you also thought he wouldn't pull the trigger on getting us out of the Paris Accord?

Majority of SCOTUS will side with reason, and reason leans with TRUMP on this one, pal.

9-0 ruling in favor of Trump admin

It's gonna be election day all over again. I can't wait for CNN, MSNBC, and CBS to show sad pictures of Muslims crying.

They aren't. Some of these posts have to be b8 or a severe case of retardation.

Kennedy will sink this. Kennedy has been cucking harder and harder over the years, and that's going to be just as true this time. You think if he can fabricate a right to homobutt sex marriage, he can't fabricate a right for non-american citizens not to be discriminated against based on possible religious purposes?

hell, I'm more worried this doesn't backfire with the SCOTUS striking down borders and legalizing unlimited immigration at this point.

pfft we don't have to go all the way back to election night
it will be exactly what it was today, but cept more snowflakes crying the streets

The ban as it's written is 100% constitutional. If it's shot down, it's pure kikery.
The lower courts need a purge, they're obviously infested by obamas filth still.

I'm going to throw caution to the wind and say 6-3 Trump's favor.

When will we get a decision?

Replying to general comments on here... First, foreign nationals do have Due Process protection in certain situations. Here's a law rev. article that simplifies it a bit for those who haven't gone to law school. ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4977&context=flr

Next, Trump has to get into the 1% of cases yearly that make it into the SCOTUS grants of cert. THIS IS NOT EASY! Even Pres. Obama had issues with this. The reason? If there's no circuit split and the jurisprudence is clear and stable enough not to warrant change, then you probably won't get a review; however, in cases of serious injustice they will grant cert. but it will be a summary opinion. Even if he does get before them, you need to realize that in these cases Dems have a slight upper leg. Why? Kennedy has been in on a variety of DPC decisions with for. nationals, and he has ruled in their favor. (This includes his circuit court seat and SCOTUS seat)

Finally, do I agree with the Pres. decision? He could have had a better law draft the decision and could have set it up differently. THIS CAN BE MADE CONSTITUTIONAL! He just needs to stop not banning countries he does business with and needs to blur a few of the discriminatory effects.

Sauce: I'm a lawyer at Pittman.

>all these fucking digits.

Is kek actually here?

Ya'll are clearly ignorant of the 4th District's ruling. The said nothing about the rights of foreigners. The said that because the ban targeted Muslim countries, and because of Trump's campaign statements, this created "animus" toward Muslim AMERICANS and thus was a violation of the first amendment.

Shit logic, but you can never trust lawyers. We might get cucked.

Decision on temporary restraining order - probably within a week.
Full review by the court? End of the year

>why it failed to pass the first hurdle
It's called the ninth circus for a reason.

Czechekd, Libcucks lose the Climate treaty and the immigration ban is upheld.

The only question is, why is Trump being so based all of a sudden?

It's like he went from being a Jew shill for the past two months, to waking up on Wednesday and saying "fuck it, lets go salt mining." First he tears up the (((Paris Agreement))) and now, to top it off, he's banning Muslims again.

It's great, but I am truly confused.

His foreign trip redpilled him again.

They are trying to say that because Trump once said he wanted a Muslim Ban that therefore this is a Muslim Ban even though it doesn't ban only Muslims or most Muslims.

I want to own the gold in Fort Knox therefore I must be trying to rob the place...

Those outside the Jurisdiction of the US have no constitutional rights, but those with previously issued expired Visas may be construed to be within the Jurisdiction of the US.

Also they are saying a Muslim ban violates the religious freedom of employers to hire Muslims from abroad since foreigners themselves outside the US jurisdiction have no constitutional rights themselves.

Religious freedom to pay for labor when other labor will do..

What if a corporation or is against paying minimum wage on religious grounds, or following any other law? There has to be a sensible balance.

One step closer to the left's implosion.
All according to plan

I guess being around a bunch of smelly Muslims and Jews for a week can do that to a man.

I can't wait until the Supreme Court puts all the worthless, Democrat-appointed district and Court of Appeals judges permanently in their place on this.

Trump needs to force Kennedy into retirement and force through a solid replacement so that there's no chance of a (((swing))) vote

Can you even imagine the ass pain if RBG sides with Le binthfpthurt

funny thing is the original ban would have been over by now.

but now? it's about sending a message.

There is a 1980s scotus case affirming that foreign nationals outside the Jurisdiction of the US have no constitutional rights.

A prior relationship with the US may place them in the Jurisdiction of the US however

I do not understand why Trump hasn't sent her camping yet.

If they don't, it's the end of America.

once it's upheld, the left will look like Jonestown.

trump will get his ass handed to him

We absolutely sure about SCOTUS?

Why did the 4th circuit uphold it?

FUCK YEA

Probably because kike media doesn't stop. Time to go full shitlord and trigger leftcucks

It's never going to happen, guys.

Trump is finished. Confgege or whatever.

Dude can't even eat ice cream without the media's magnifying glass glaring over him.

>all of a sudden
He's always been, your shaky faith is a sign of spinelessness. A world leader has to play the game still, he can't just tell everybody to fuck off all the time.

Gorsuch better pull through. I didn't spend long nights memeing for the SC to turn this away let alone rule against us.

>Get them banning memes ready.
Yes!
When will they actually hear the case, though?

Either way the streets will be flooded with tears! Can't wait to troll the fuck out of whoever loses.

There's literally no reason affirmative action should be legal, and yet the court upheld that. And even for shit like the upholding of the 2nd amendment with DC v Heller, it still barely eeked by 5-4. That means 4/9 judges are willing to completely ignore the constitution and the 2nd amendment, which is clear as day. That's fucking scary.

There is no reason the muslim ban should be ruled unconstitutional. The law says the President has the right to deny entry of any group he wants. People bring up "muh freedom of religion" but the first amendment doesn't apply to somalis and syrians over in their shithole nations. It means equal treatment for those here. NOT those who are trying to come here.

That said... I don't have good confident. We have Gorsuch now, but he's just a replacement for based Scalia. So the court is still 4 conservatives, 4 libshits, and 1 fence-sitter. It could pass, but if they decide to rule against it, it would set a terrible precedent.

See

i'll flip a quarter, heads yes tails no, brb

it was tails

>Get them banning memes ready.
This isn't the Hillary timeline.

Obamas lackeys are playing activist.

I bet Roberts, Kennedy, AND Gorsuch are gonna cave.

>Why did the 4th circuit uphold it?
Obama stacked it to hell and back with (((impartial))) appointees

>Absolute flagrant abuse of judicial power
100%
The scary thing is so many experts, and maybe even the judges themselves, don't realize how far off base they are.

He's within his legal authority to do it, the judges blocking it are literally abusing their power knowingly

Should be 9-0. Dissenting opinion would be too embarrassing to have your name on but one of these shameless communist kikes will shill until they're just dusty bones.

thats not what she said, but she did cite some possibly legitimate US code, but I've never heard it anywhere else and it contradicts the code that Trump has cited to justify it so idk

Here it is, USC 1182 (f):

Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

jew bastard-life long liberal-Hillary supporting-Harvard law for 50 years-pedo-Dershowitz has said all along that SCOTUS will uphold the Travel Ban... so I trust he knows more than shit posting shills on Sup Forums

I'm not worried about Gorsuch I'm worried about the swing judge who might potentially be the tiebreaker

>first amendment doesn't apply to somalis and syrians over in their shithole nations. It means equal treatment for those here. NOT those who are trying to come here.

You don't understand how your own constitution works. The first amendment doesn't "apply" to citizens. It applies to the US government - the first amendment forbid the government from discriminating against people based on their religion. The US government cannot fuck with religious freedom on American soil or elsewhere, no matter whom they are fucking with - citizens or no. The amendments guarantee rights for people by restricting what the federal government can do. That is what it means.

yeah Gorsuch is as safe a vote for a thumbs up as Ginsburg is for a thumbs down

>the supreme court will rule in favor of the travel ban

The problem is that, despite our system of checks and balances, we have absolutely NO CHECKS against activist judges who decide to completely ignore the constitution and/or use pilpul talmudic bullshit to argue that it totally says the exact opposite of what it says.

Look at last year's ruling on affirmative action. It was upheld, despite us nominally having laws that say you can't treat people differently based on race (these laws are only ever used against whites, but that's apparently okay). And you can look at each justice's argument for why they decided to uphold/reject. Sotomayor, the marxist latinx piece of shit, literally wrote an argument that basically just said "well I got to be a judge and a SCOTUS justice because of affirmative action, so I think it should stay". That was literally her entire fucking argument.

these people all need to be hanged from a short rope.

>discriminating against people
not people. Citizens.
Anyways, the ban is clearly not a Muslim ban. Iran even got off the list.