The point of (((university)))

People go on about the (((university))) meme but was there ever a time when it wasn't shit? Like right now it just seems like a cash farm for the governments instead of a place to get ready for jobs and it fucks you over with college debt for years the second you get employed

like most things it started out with genuine merit and was corrupted later.

University is an ancient idea, can pretty much be dated back to Ancient Greece when people were humble enough to let the "smart" people go their and discuss topics in an open forum. Giving birth to philosophy and eventually...opposing philosophy.

Nowadays commies turned it into "everyone should go to university" and "everyone's opinion is equal" which led to the retarded social politics we have today.
They also realized they could profit from it so it became a win-win.

College is only bad if you don't do any work or take all libtard bait classes.

Take some classes at a local state-funded school (you'll pay less that 5k per year), get some certificates and shit, maybe an AS in a STEM meme field and you'll be making bank in as little as two years.

STEM is good, everything else a huge waste of time

There's too many universities and colleges. More than people need them. People don't use knowledge from them anyway.
I have a theory that they exist to occupy youth. What would they do without colleges, drink and fuck, it would be afganistan.

Started going to shit after ww2. It's really ramped up in the last decade or so. None of this shit was as big of an issue when I graduated in 2007. There was like 1 tranny on campus and some half assed rape awareness talks during dorm orientation.

>The point of (((university)))

To keep parasitic lecturers in a job.

Got me a job

>debt
Didn't take a loan, just used the benefits and worked extra at the uni. Not that much, but making 2500 EUR while getting a degree wasn't that bad

got a master's degree in a STEM field at a world reknown uni for 500€/semester, have been working in that field since 2 weeks after graduation. pays very well, especially since I'm self-employed.

Bumping own thread but when did all the >2 gender bullshit acceptance start to become a thing? There was a time when you'd just get moved into a nice padded new bedroom for talking about this sort of bullshit on campus but now it's full of safe space bullshit and tolerance/diversity

Most STEM majors are basically memes. The physicist and the chemist will probably become baristas at Starbucks.

The only worthwhile STEM majors are Computer Science and the engineering ones. Possibly statistics, but if you're any good at math/data analysis you should just go into engineering or CS anyways.

Got a business degree from university.

I actually never received a high school education and I was completely self-educated, so I'm kind of proud of it.

Wasn't that bad. I had a raging feminazi teacher who hated me because I was a white right-winger, but the rest of it was pretty okay. Accounting and statistics was neat, and I guess employers like to see the degree.

Of course its a cash cow for the government, however that piece of paper at the end of it is what employers are equally brainwashed to 'need'.

>haha bro fuck university man you don't learn anything!
>employers don't even give a fuck haha bro fuck it

I run into these types of people all the time. I seriously do not understand the logic. The education quality of a bachelor's degree might be debatable, but employers clearly want somebody with a bachelor's degree. It's hardly debatable, if you scroll through job listings they all say "Bachelor's Required".

I don't get why people say stuff like that.

It's just a place for getting qualifications and perhaps some minor work experience, or at least from what I observe since I never went to college or anything (dropped out of HS).

The prices are out of control and have no signs of dropping. Hell, my local CC demands $10k a year for tuition. I only wish I had dreams that were remotely woeth that much.

went to uni in Newcastle 96-99. overall it was pretty wanky and gay especially the student union and the student elections etc.i don't imagine it was anywhere near as bad as today. like the Cindy Prior case for example. In short, there was a lot of the same wankers but they had less power.

It introduces the young into a lifetime of debts.
My nephew followed the herd to university, spent 10k and now sells double glazing for a living.

But all the multigender bullshit and minority tolerance weren't nearly as prevalent were they?

It did me well. I got a degree in mining engineering and have been working in a small peaceful mining town for about 2 years. It doesnt have the prestige that a degree like aerospace engineering or chemical engineering has, but i enjoy what i do and i make good money doing it. However, I did notice that a lot of the other engineering fields are filled with people that have the same weak, SJW mentality as people who get those lame gender studies type degrees. This is very bizzare to me because I had a lot shared classes with these people and not once did a professor from these other engieering fields mention politics or social beliefs. I'm not sure what causes these people to develop these mind sets, but if i had to guess I would blame social media, biased new sources, and a general lack of common sense.

It's a scam. You're sort of forced into it if you want to make a career and also elevate your social value in most cases.

99% of people, the other 1% being true born academics, would be better of receiving an apprenticeship after high school, whether it'd be in programming, accounting, whatever.

You go through 4 years of school, and a lot of money in most cases, and then you come out just as unemployable as you went in.

>that have the same weak, SJW mentality as people who get those lame gender studies type degrees
Same shit exist in Russia too. They eat this shit from internet.

Mainly a scam to gain social status and to get careers to notice you faster than the poor guy who actually tried to work his way up the legitimate way.

The point is to learn some neat shit, make friends and connections to get a good job. Also to experience shit you weren't able to before the age of majority without being tied to a 9 to 5 job for a few more years.

>However, I did notice that a lot of the other engineering fields are filled with people that have the same weak, SJW mentality as people who get those lame gender studies type degrees
In that case, you're retarded, considering engineers are one of the most conservative groups in higher education, along with surgeons.

A great place to fuck a lot of girls

You literally dont need a CS degree to become a programmer (especially a good one - just because you got a cs degree doesnt mean you know how to write good code) -- so thats a confirmed meme.

Engineering degrees are accredited and employers look for that. But it is still a meme.

For the most part these degrees lead you to a job yes, but at what cost? Trade 5 days of "work" for 2 days of "freedom" (aka the weekend). 5-for-2 deal? you got ripped off bro.

This. College is a good place to find a high congregation of 8s and 9s, maybe a 10. In the real world these little roasties hang around power and wealth, so you will never see them again.

>too dumb to go to university
>doesn't understand the value of university

What a surprise...

Enjoy your computer, the internet and the 40 years of extra life you get thanks to university reaearch faggot.

It's only a meme when people get useless degrees at some university they can't afford. People care too much about going to private schools and shit.

STEM fields are grounded in reality. Eg., engineering is bound by the laws of physics.

Liberal arts fields are not grounded in reality. There's tons of room to insert bullshit and just make stuff up. This is where the leftist indoctrination happens.

I think it's always been that way, I can say this cos I'm here..

Every graduate I've met, has been a fucking kool aid drinking loser in some capacity. Honestly

>be a pilot
>make 100k year
>only allowed 1000 flight hours a year
>divided over a year its about 20 hours a week
>only downside is crippling debt (pilot's license is about 60K)
>got inheritance to pay it off (thanks dad)

moral of story kill your parents and you will be better off

>Trade 5 days of "work" for 2 days of "freedom" (aka the weekend). 5-for-2 deal? you got ripped off bro.
You've got it all wrong, friendo. Work hard, max out your 401k (18k a year) save all the rest that you can, and retire early to live a life of leisure.

>pilot
>makes 100k/y
Bullshit, you're nothing more than a glorified bus driver.

Captains make on average 165k. Try again my dude

I'm heading to an IT next in September.
Plan to do a degree in Nautical Science which will hopefully get me into the Merchant Navy.
I hope to fuck there's no SJWs around. I highly doubt those idiots could stomach the sea.

Was there ever really a good time to go to uni though? A golden age so to speak?

im not even at the pinnacle of my career yet don't get mad that airlines pay good money to hire people that won't crash their 350 million dollar airfcraft
this guy knows

I'm a math guy it was a good investment