Why hasn't the "give states more power to make decisions for themselves" movement taken off yet...

Why hasn't the "give states more power to make decisions for themselves" movement taken off yet? IMO each state should be treated as it's own country. I mean fuck most of our states are bigger than European countries. No administration should make blanket decisions on the entire nation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f8ZA_8l3YVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why
Because southern states aleready tried this.

That movement is called 'the republicans'

Look it up, quite an interesting movement.

I think that education should be centralized though, you have a pretty messed up system there my dude.

No fuck you dutch man. both the republicans and democrats love to make decisions that affect the entire country.

Let democrat states do democrat things and republican states do republican things. just because a congress or president is a certain party shouldn't mean that states of the opposite ideology should suffer and be punished.

I'm not saying everything should be state-by-state basis, but most things should be.

States rights are almost all but forgotten. No one in the federal government promotes it other than Rand Paul. We are a country built on states rights but that is gone. We all must bow to Washington dc. A small fucking city I've never been too that only has a small handful of people representing me there.

>t.washington fag

The fuckers in congress don't even care about their own state. They are all just mini presidents who want to force their ideology onto an entire nation of hundreds of millions. fuck even governors are just giant cucks for the current administration these days.

It's not a question of if the south will rise again. It's a question of when. We will slaughter the yankees and send the survivors to Andersonville.

States don't have enough money for that. Imagine the shitshow if states had to finance federal obligations like social security, Medicare, federal pensions, etc.

The federal government is more powerful in modern times due to economic factors, regardless of the laws. Corporations are bigger and more global; the wealthy elites are transnational and deal directly with heads-of-state rather than local officials.

A state on its own would have a lot to deal with.

WE TRIED THIS

and we will succeed.

there are elected representatives that are Confederate secessionists.

>implying yankees will exist at that point
lol

Isn't the whole idea behind the republican version of the US to have a set of general guidlines to sustain the freedoms of its inhabitants while having local government create laws based on the local situation?

We are the United States still, so I'm not saying states should be on their own. It only takes anything above 50% for a ruling to affect the nation. So that means 24 states could be fucked over by the other 26, which is bullshit.

It should be at least 80%. 40/50 states and it becomes a federal deal. Anything less and it's a state issue.

Not in 2017.

Well, that sucks.

I'm not even in the south. In fact I hate the south. But I don't think liberals in California should be allowed to make decisions that affect Mississippi, or vise versa.

There needs to be a movement where politicians craft deals that states can choose to adopt or not. Congressmen and women need to actually represent their state, and not their pockets or their career, or think they run the entire nation. I mean fuck so many fuckers in congress aren't even from the state they represent. They lived somewhere else and moved to a state they could win an election in so they can be pampered in DC.

Ya, representation is dead. Politicians in 2017 live in their bubble world thinking only about themselves and their colleagues until election time is near, in which case they pretend to care about state issues so they can get elected, at which point no promise is fulfilled.

So it's the same shit like we have over here. A shame really, cause I actually like the idea of the electoral college.
take the netherlands for example, where we in the south have to live with politicians from the big cities where the majority of leftist votes reside, areas where people live who have never seen a live chicken and believe milk comes from cartons.

I apologize for my rudeness earlier my Dutch friend.

Which rudeness? I've been posting and lurking here for years, I can handle myself :^)

>
>
>

Noted

fuck man I wish I could move to the Neatherlands and forget about my life here.

I am conservative and small government as it gets but I would still do it in a heartbeat desu

Don't give up brother. Our best bet is to just go with the Libertarian movement and hope they can at least steer us back into the right direction. Don't even have to support or like them, just have to get the fuck away from dems and reps.

you hate the South so you wont understand but dozens of my ancestors died in the war of northern aggression and it is a lasting stain on a society, wish I could just move to another country and forget about my ancestors old life here.

even if the South rises again it will be at the cost of at least 100,000 more men

This
youtube.com/watch?v=f8ZA_8l3YVg

You should go live in a graveyard and spend your days wailing and throwing dirt on your face

i have no idea what kind of a utopian idea you havre about the Netherlands, but things are changing. It's the same as in the US, left vs right, nationalism vs globalism. The situation is getting tense, opinions dividing further and both sides of the argument radicalizing.

When the EU falls we could fix it and work towards the good times from the past (80s) combined with modern knowledge and actually work towards a non forced version of globalization.
For now The EU is fucking shit up and by the day it seems to be resolving more and more about germany and what they want. The politicians who want the EU to dissolve are being attacked with accusations of racism and islamophobia, while I am under the impression we can actually handle islam. It's the ones who deny the problems within that religion who will fuck things up and pave the way for radicalization.
People won't even listen to the ACTUAL MUSLIMS who are warning the west, looking on and asking what the fuck we are doing.

for example; Morocco is actually working towards a ban on the burka, but here the 'feminists' are praising it as a symbol of female empowerment.

Morons, morons everywhere.

i would go to any european country with a happy defined culture

>resolving more and more about germany
I meant revolving ofcourse.

All European cultures are under attack user. I'd wait a few years and see what the elections in 5 years bring. If by then the EU is still going there won't be a truly diverse Europe left in 50 years, where the Netherlands and France, Spain and Greece will be unique.

It'll become a homogenous nightmare devoid of any culture, where every major city will be a 'multicultural' shithole.