Red pill me on iodine Sup Forums

Red pill me on iodine Sup Forums.

Lots of people are saying that we don't have enough of it on our diet, it's good for the thyroid, and that's why its in our salt. I just can't help but feel like this is another fluoride in the water kind of scam. Iodine really doesn't seem like something we should be putting in our bodies. We may be able to tolerate it, but I can't imagine that we'd need it. I could see that we could possibly need it in very trace amounts, but certainly not to such a degree that (((they))) should put it in all of our salt, which goes on quite a bit of our food.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thyroid_hormones
archive.is/fflEZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll tell you about iodine but first post a few pics of your penis and balls for me

Thanks for the bump.

Kosher salt doesn't have iodine in it.

Hmm, I knew the hippy himalayan salt didn't have iodine, but it's rather interesting that the jews stay away from it as well.

Kelp tablets cheap as chips heaps of Iodine, will regulate your thyroid and metabolisim. If your having an issue that iodine will fix, it will be noticeable after 2 or 3 of the daily tablets.

Moar?

Extremely cost efficient antiseptic

iodine is essential to the human body. fluoride serves no function in the human body whatsoever AFAIK. the thyroid in particular. lack of iodine can lead to hypothyroidism; too much can make you hyperthyroid.

iodine chelates fluoride. i.e. all the fluoride that gets bound up in your brain will get excreted in your piss and on your breath. your pineal gland is a magnet for fluoride. anecdotally i notice that when i supplement my dreams are much more vivid.

i can't speak to processed foods, but most people don't consume iodized salt like they used to. kosher salt doesn't have it. and if you arent cooking with kosher salt why are you even cooking (unless you're baking ;)

industrialized bread used to contain iodine but bakers swapped it out for bromine, which outcompetes iodine for bioavailability in the body. so you're on two levels getting less iodine than someone might have a few decades ago.

japanese iodine consumption is a lot higher than in the States, so i don't think you need to be concerned about hurting yourself. a little goes a long way though. literally just a few drops (not full droppers).

Iodine is good for thyroid health but too much of it like anything is bad. If you're in doubt about getting enough just eat a radish.

You do need it in trace amounts, otherwise you will get swelling in your thyroid and extreme fatigue
It's not added to salt on purpose anyway, and you shouldn't eat too much salt either

Stop eating things with iodine. Seafood, iodized salt, etc. Enjoy your goiter you dumbfuck.

Yeah floride is a nerotoxin wish it was not added to my water.

Heavy industry / steel works etc. Results in large ammounts of flouride waste, which is one of the most toxic waste forms we have invented yet, largely as theres little to no way to nuteralise or store it, its highly caustic. Hey ho lives in our bones when its added to your water and gets buried with us which is convenient, but hell my bones are going to make some future archaeologist go da ful were these lads doing to themselves!

the medical evidence against salt is about as strong as it is for saturated fat

Interesting. I think I'll try going back and forth between having a little to no iodine in my diet and a bit of excess. See which one makes me feel better. I'll try out some kelp tablets.
You know damn well my country salts everything.

WELl I can tell you from experience that potassium iodide tastes like really sharp sodium chloride and is probably not safe to eat.

If you ever get an open wound feel free to pour it all over, like alcohol without the permanent tissue damage

Sup Forums's literally never changed my mind about any subject, but I think I'm actually pro-iodine for the moment. Although I was never anti-iodine, merely questioning if it was actually any good for you. Gonna see if increasing the amount in my diet helps me feel better. I can always stop if it ends up making me worse, I guess.
Neat, thank you.

Iodine, Bromine, and Flouride are all what are known as halogens.

Bromine, and Flouride displace iodine in the body. I.e. since they appear similar to iodine, the body will absorb them into the locations of your body that need iodine (thyroid, pineal gland). You do not want this to happen.

Ideally you want to take iodine with selenium.

I've been taking a few drops in water of lugols 5%. Haven't noticed any change, but it hasn't been a week yet.

Along with that, I bought a cheap steamer so I could steam fresh vegetables and fix my diet. Luckily for me, I'm a boring person I can just put butter substitute on the veggies and BBQ on the chicken I make. Men in my family usually don't make it to 60 (heart attacks probably caused by alcoholism and smoking) so I try to keep my sodium intake low.

My real fuckin problem is energy drinks. Sure I drink 0 sugar 0 carbs but caffeine is addicting and the acidic drinks have destroyed my tooth enamel.

Any tips to curb the habit? I stopped for a while but then you stop at the gas station and fuck yourself over.

eat fish!
Also why don't you have this in your salt?

If you eat fish just avoid bottom feeders. IDK about you guys but here you gotta watch cause they have shit like Mercury in them and other metals.

I've always heard metals have something to do with Alzheimer's but not sure.

You're referring to sodium Flouride. There are other forms that "could" possibly be good for your teeth. However, why the fuck would drinking it be ok, when on a toothpaste tube, they say to call poison control if you eat the stuff??????

Thing that make you go "hmmm?".

>Ideally you want to take iodine with selenium.
i take mine with apple cider vinegar and MSM (sulfur). not sure what the latter does for me honestly. might discontinue that part of it.

This thread is a prime example of why quality nutrition and health education is sorely needed all around the world.

>butter substitute
stop. saturated fat is good for you. margarine kills. not getting enough saturated fat makes you hungrier and consume more sugar, at least in my experience.

Good point OP! I think you should avoid all Iodine in your diet.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thyroid_hormones

There were huge iodine deficiency problems in the past in populations dwelling far from the sea, remote alpine valleys and such. Google pictures of goiter cases. Iodized salt put an end to it.
Iodine is essential to thyroid function, this implies our species evolved not too far from marine environments.

I always look to see if it's in a healthy plant-based diet. If it is, then it's something we should be consuming it. Of this list of 7, only one of them is dairy. The rest are veggies.

This means we should probably eat it:
archive.is/fflEZ

I would suggest googling critical health news.

Meant to say "Fruits and Veggies".

See... this guy gets it.
It's not hard, people.

Cheese and yogurt are two different items in the list.

So much pseudoscience in this thread... How do you even know that a fruit and veggie diet is healthy? Because your mother told you?

Switch to tea.

>japanese iodine consumption is a lot higher than in the States.

Because it protects your thyroid by taking up the space that radioactive iodine 131 would normally take, causing 99% of the radioactive material to be expelled through the kidneys, right? Thry use it because of WW2 and Fukushima.
We had to use it during the chernobyl spill aswell.

Japanese iodine consumption is high because they eat a lot of seaweed and other things naturally high in iodine. Call it luck their diets just happen to protect them from nukes.

i mean in their natural diets, because of seaweed etc

Here have a paste