What does Sup Forums think about Jordan Peterson? Is he a good intellectual or some hack?

What does Sup Forums think about Jordan Peterson? Is he a good intellectual or some hack?

He's a good step in the right direction. We need someone intelligent and articulate with the ability to fight back against the post-modernists.

I watched part of his live stream last night and he said he plans to take the humanities online to completely undermine the university system. Basically give away a better education for free than what the university is selling. He expects that the social sciences and humanities will be near 100% female in the next 10-20 years, and that males will get their education online instead.

Can someone TL;DR his ideology?

No. Ideology is bad. Listen to his lectures yourself. His personality lectures specifically.

He plays it safe and does barely take any sides.He is a mediocre intelectual faggot that gets worshiped by low T betas because he panders to niggers and kikes.I understand it tho in this age of total idiocracy he may seem really inteligent to western dumbfucks.
But in the end he is nothing special.

Radical centrist

nice decent man, generally moral and guided by centre-ground common sense.

i think he's sweet and considering the modern feild of physcology, an intellectual phycologist.

people seem to get very angry on this board at him but i think it's generally misguided by ideological zealots

Peterson is great. Post-modernism has systematically been dismantaling our humanity without considering the consequences. The results are NEETs, Screetching SJWs, and Islamic Jihad sweeping Europe.

Peterson's entire viewpoint could maybe be summarized as "our ancestors weren't completely dumb, and maybe we can actually use their advice, which was collected and curated over thousands of years and actually kept humans alive in times of real danger."

he's solid

>The guy who made reddit go apeshit when the found out that he is not an atheist

Based

I want to live in a place where somebody that refreshing is nothing special. Does Romania accept refugees from communism?

implicitly reactionary even though he conceives of himself as liberal

But isn't he a social Christian? As in
>I don't believe in God but Christianity has the best morals
?

Before you criticize others, sort yourself out

Speak the truth

Marxism/Post-modernism is bad and it's practice is inherently evil

Free Speech is non-negotiable

Unless you "become the embodiement of the monster" you cannot ever be a good person.

Meaning that unless you can imagine yourself carrying out the most heinous acts, an example he usually makes is a guard working in a concentration camp following orders and even act out cruelty on your own, you cannot be ready to do act out the 'will' of a good person when everything around you tells you to be evil.

While he does share a lot of tendencies with reactionaries, I think that may be a bit of a mischaracterization. Calling someone a reactionary generally implies that they've swung a bit too far in the other direction to overcompensate. Peterson seems rocksolid on his (classical) liberalism.

>revered by other esteemed peoples
>ability to construct complex ideas into clear, understandable lectures
>taught at harvard

>/nu-pol/: "meh he is an idiot.. not as smart as i"

see

Last night it came out his IQ is in excess of 150.

Obviously one of us.

Not "the best morals" as there is "one Christianity", but he sees religion as a mode for carrying sets of ethical values. His true metaphysical stance is uncertain- but he's not exactly saying people should "pray cancer away" or such nonsense.

>Last night it came out his IQ is in excess of 150.
He clearly said he sucked at math. How can one have such a high IQ with such low mathematical skills?

he is an intellectual but he has some stupid opinions like redefining truth thay cause 3 hour arguments that go nowhere

but he's right on post-modernism
right on iq and intelligence
right on how people work
right on success
right on capitalism
right on room cleanliness

by not applying himself. and also, his verbal IQ is probably higher than his performance IQ

Sounds like someone needs to sort themselves out.

There's only one way to be stupid, but more than one way to be smart.

t. mathematician

If you could, post for me a lecture or something of his that covers these points quickly and efficiently

I've never really looked much into this guy other than what i've read here, but it seems like he came to pretty much all the same conclusions I have, except he's better able to put them to words, even if he does come from a psychological angle

definitely /ourguy/
i want him to address the JQ though :(

A verry, verry good intellectual
9/10

Agreed, you really really have to *want* to do this math thing.
What video of him are we talking about?

Capatilist shill

Hmmm...

He's the reasonable anti-sjw with the ability to make himself viral you actually want.