DO YOU BELIEVE THAT MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE IS A REAL THREAT?

strawpoll.com/s58dy5d
additional reading: xkcd.com/1732/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TCy_UOjEir0
livescience.com/22417-aerosols-stop-global-warming.html
technologyreview.com/s/511016/a-cheap-and-easy-plan-to-stop-global-warming/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>climate change
no
>pollution
definitely

S4 Kreygasm, a truly Swedish cuck

>literally the first man to win two TIs
apologise

I have a copy of the IPCC report I had to buy for a class called "Economics of Climate Change" and I can tell you, even after doing environmental economics and policy as a major and taking classes with all these UC Berkeley leftist economists, they weren't able to successfully convince me that they've successfully jumped from correlation to causation. i do believe man made climate change is real and the ocean is acidifying and all that stuff, but there isn't really any objective proof of the greenhouse theory and in fact we've had a lot of global dimming it seems.

I honestly believe that it is a combination of man-made climate change and natural variations in climate over tens of thousands of years (things like ice ages, snowball earth if you go back farther, etc)

Yes it is a real threat economically and probably will lead to mass de-population, but climate change doesn't really effect the wealthy too much. Most of all those 2 billion or so people living on less than a dollar a day in africa and asia? yea they gonna starve first.

Some scientists have suggested using aerosols to stave off the effects of global warming as an emergency geoengineering measure.[47] In 1974, Mikhail Budyko suggested that if global warming became a problem, the planet could be cooled by burning sulfur in the stratosphere, which would create a haze.[48][49] An increase in planetary albedo of just 0.5 percent is sufficient to halve the effect of a CO2 doubling.[50]

The simplest solution would be to simply emit more sulfates, which would end up in troposphere - the lowest part of the atmosphere. If this were done, Earth would still face many problems, such as:

Using sulfates causes environmental problems such as acid rain[51]
Using carbon black causes human health problems[51]
Dimming causes ecological problems such as changes in evaporation and rainfall patterns[51]
Droughts and/or increased rainfall cause problems for agriculture[51]
Aerosol has a relatively short lifetime
The solution advocated is transporting sulfates into the next higher layer of the atmosphere - stratosphere. Aerosols in the stratosphere last years instead of weeks - so only a relatively smaller (though still large) amount of sulfate emissions would be necessary, and side effects would be less. This would require developing an efficient way to transport large amounts of gases into stratosphere, many of which have been proposed though none are known to be effective or economically viable.[52]

In a blog post, Gavin Schmidt stated that "Ideas that we should increase aerosol emissions to counteract global warming have been described as a 'Faustian bargain' because that would imply an ever increasing amount of emissions in order to match the accumulated greenhouse gas in the atmosphere, with ever increasing monetary and health costs."[53]

He will not going to win TI7. ALULIANCE its dead, so no more TIs for Sweedestan

this

pollution is local problem that can be solved locally. climate change is a global scam that gives a tiny group of people the power to set world-wide energy policy.

after years of social psychology and influence, it is very very possible this climate change is man made to control the majority of the population which is in all regards low intelligence.
Average peasant boys need to wake up and realize schools main purpose has shifted from being attaining knowledge to controlling what young people are exposed to.

>puerto rico
nigga gustav is on OG. O-G motherfucker. Are you saying n0limits won't get the aegis this year?

high quality posting

bahahahahah (((scientists))) btfo

I think the UN and IPCC are frauds and there were even some wikileaks emails from years ago showing that they were coordinating the falsification of data to help push forward a climate deal. So, even if they are right, climate scientists are generally trash. Many are Jews too, but I'm sure that is just a Cohen-cidence.

At the same time, it is foolish to think that the feedback loops of ecosystems and climate are invulnerable to things like CO2 in the atmosphere or more specifically acidification of the ocean, sulfur dioxide, etc etc. I guess what I am trying to say is, taking an engineering approach to science is helpful, and in this case I think the climate is definitely a complex adaptive system with lots of feedback loops, and we have essentially terraformed the earth (even if mostly on the local level) and we are idiots to think that those local changes don't aggregate enough to modify those planetary feedback loops (I'm talking about the massive currents of water in the ocean and air, etc)

This.
I dont give a shit about climate change cause it's a blatantly transparent bullshit control scam, and I am calling their bluff.
They are holding a gun to our heads asking to rob us blind, and I don't respond well to ultimatums, or else I would love kikes and niggers and being called racist and other retarded shit.
Climate cucks can suck tyrones dick. If the elites wanna fuck us all up they will do it, but I'm not gonna be a complicit little bitch for them.

Having many sheeple tards screeching the same thing don't mean that one educated unbiased person can't BTFO them all

>I am calling their bluff
wouldn't that mean actually reading through evidence and doing your own experiments, rather than just shitposting?

>AGW is real, and we do nothing
>AGW is not real, and we cause an ice age trying to "fix" it
What would be worse? (serious question)

N0brain will choke as always. Its time to liquid to win LUL

why is it that /d2g/ posters in flag boards almost always end up being shitskins?

>you will never be a tea eye winner like gustav magnusson
why even bother to take another breathe

Only if they have the status to do it, liberals, and most people on this issue especially, will literally just scream "reeeeeeee muh scientific consensus is an argument!"
And what would I be looking for exactly, climate cuck? Proof that whenever you guys lower your manufacturing it just goes to china where it operates at higher capacity and pollution and that pollution just spreads across the ocean and comes back to NA anyways?
Nigger please. Captain Sweden strikes again.

I too think liquid actually has a solid shot this year
I want my boy s4 to win again but OG is just too unstable

wow you are either retarded or severely disheartened

My problem is that the government are faggot niggers and their solutions are shit tier scams. They don't have the balls to offer REAL solutions, they just act like faggots and turn everything into a tax opportunity instead of investing something into new tech to implement.
When you faggot climate cucks get your shit together and start demanding proper solutions, we'll talk, until then say hi to Muhammad for me.

well that may well be true, I don't know the details about that. I'll see him monday, I'll do it then

Nope, I just don't believe niggers and kikes are going to offer real solutions, and when you all agree with SJWs instead of using your brains and demanding new real and fresh solutions to modern pollution problems, you're just another nigger faggot who's opinion is worth as much as the toxic gas you're not stopping from reaching our atmosphere.

depends what you mean by climate change

If you mean desertification and drought in 3rd world countries because of erosion and over-farming, then that's definitely real and probably has man-made contributing factors

I guess technically no one can prove that heating of the earth's surface is caused directly by man-made factors, but scientific consensus is a stronger argument than concerted globalist conspiracy. Definitely a lot of bullshit on both sides of that argument though.

youtube.com/watch?v=TCy_UOjEir0

are you saying you're smarter than a Nobel Prize winning Physicist?

hit me with a creative solution then

I make efforts in my own life to reduce emissions, more than the average retard, I don't see why I'm also obligated to vote for kikes and niggers and carbon taxes instead of green tech revolutions, to prove I'm not a retard or some shit

I'm really just asking a question and trying to keep a discussion going so the thread bumps and I get a good number of answers. I'll check the video later (I will, I swear)

Not my specialty, I just demand investment into green technology, not investing in African niggers or letting china do what they want or taxing gas emissions instead of advancing technology.

waiting for the day when the government publicly admits that the majority of climate change is caused by the meat/dairy industry and stops pretending that taking shorter showers and carpooling will actually make a significant difference
if we want to start helping the planet shouldn't we start by reforming the #1 contributor to water and energy consumption and the releasing of nitrous oxide

If you accept the elites' nigger kike tier solutions, they will never give you anything else. You need to reject everything else and demand what you really want, or you're just making yourself their bitch.

fucking this

tea eye winner = ugly nerd

the fact that they call it (((esports))) is just ridiculous.

>thinking we can cause an ice age
yeah no... i don't think so buddy. either would mean we can somehow control or influence the climate.

>not taking the EEpill
Off yourself

Uh this alpha tee aye winner is on his way over to push your shit in, better apologize fast, mongol

What does Gustav have to do with this?

I like EE but don't kid yourself, he's never going to win a TI
he chokes so hard, he's too emotionally invested in the game like the weeb he is

Not fat anymore PogChamp
Also have a AUS sex slave
This is a true alpha Tea eye wiener

>Gustavposting in current year

So who you think is going to win? No the leafcuck rts with ANELE carrying the game

>pic related

Is he still relevant?
Also, does poos watch dota? LUL

>ANELE ever carrying

Honestly if you're a fat autist for your younger years and you go from being fat to in shape through hard work it's pretty much the biggest confidence booster in the world and turns you into an alpha

He always destroy mid and have 3 times the networth of rtz

Dunno desu. EE at least makes the game fun to watch.
As of who's gonna win, I guess my boy artour will. But I would be really happy if Faceless won

just stop having white babies already

why aren't you posting pup "president of estonia" pey

>Shape
He need some work out still. But the autistic gf helps to the boost to get on shape

>Is he still relevant?
Literally best player of all time
>Is he still relevant?
Literally best mid of all time
>Is he still relevant?
Literally best offlaner of all time
>Is he still relevant?
Literally sexiest guy in dotes
>Is he still relevant?
Literally best carry of all time
>Is he still relevant?
Sexiest voice desu

>Faceless LUL
EG are going to choke too

because OP doesn't wanna get into a FIGHT

Get fucking ready to be BTFO

>Relevant
>S4 QoP
LUL
TI3 its long go

>2017
>Puppey
Pls

>tea eyes are relevant

Say that to the living legend LULDA

>legend
>bald
pick one

i bet youre an OG fan arent you shitskin and also probably 3k mmr LUL

We have filled the earth with men, and their machinery; we have covered the ground with farmland, we have scoured the oceans, etc., etc., and yeah it's plausible to me that our actions are altering the ecology, which plausibly could alter the climate. We will apparently continue to expand until we reach hard limits, until we could not possibly feed a single more mouth, and along that way we are going to fuck biodiversity in the ass and possibly collapse a whole bunch of ecosystems. If we were smart, we'd find a way to keep human numbers way way down, but we can't do that. Alas.

>choked out by a fat brit from TNT
>legend

>probably 3k
I'm 8k, try again kiddo

same

>8k in india
what's that in real mmr?

>calling others shitskin
>from country that's never produced a good player

like 2k

Does india have one? Honestly idk, I dont remember anyone being good at dota in India

No.

If it where a real thing that the elites where afraid of, they would be taking real concrete action to stop it. Like telling the public to get over there juvenile fears and get on the nuclear bandwagon, or forcing China to abide by carbon emission regulations instead of giving them a free pass to pollute at will to make more useless knick knacks.
As it currently stands, it seems it's just an economic wealth redistribution scheme to punish first world nations and ship more Gibs to the third world. Fuck that.

>falling for the mmr jew

shit I just gave away my info

there's no highest authority though, and the economic ramifications are massive. couldn't it just be that the leadership is trying to walk a tight rope of not making themself too weak compared to the other players, not destroying the economy and still keeping global warming within more acceptable bounds?

>swecucks are proud of winning TI when Loda and Dendi where the best players in the world

OG are going to crash out at 12th place at TI, enjoy those honeymajors tho

Just coming through to laugh at you.

dante wouldnt have had to write the inferno if they had ranked dota back in the day

12th???
EG fangay?

>im 8k
that sentence proves that you are in fact 1.5k
nobody brags about being 8k in dota unless they are proud of being a total no lifer neet

>Most of all those 2 billion or so people living on less than a dollar a day in africa and asia? yea they gonna starve first.
Now I wish it where real.

Also, I keep hearing chatter from the Russians that there scientists believe the sun is beginning to dim (as it often does in it's cycle) and this could lead us into a new ice age. Or rather, we are already in the middle of an ice age, we are just enjoying a short warm period in the middle of it, but things are going to go back to normal soon.

Compared to an ice age, global warming looks like a paradise. A few degrees warmer, with more Co2 for plants, that can feed all us hungry apes. But a world a few degrees cooler means farming regions shift, seasons shorten, heating costs sky rocket, etc. Though on the plus side it might be enough to lead the weak willed to flee from europe and leaf land, with only the hardier snow monkeys choosing to remain in there prefered habitat.

>Dendi
>Ukrainian cp dealer
>Loda
>bald snow nigger
>best players

I doubt we are, but we definitely can influence it to make it colder. Lets fire off a couple thousand nukes and see what happens to the climate.

>My problem is that the government are faggot niggers and their solutions are shit tier scams
This. If that retarded climate deal included spending that $100 billion/year on fusion research instead of sending it to muh developing countries, it would have had a point. But since fusion isn't 100% sure to end up working, they instead spend money on retarded things that are sure to have an effect, even though that effect is totally negligible.
>inb4 30 year meme

Is there an option for who gives a shit? I want the world to burn anyway if white people wake the fuck up then maybe I'll start caring

>t.guy guy named Igor Boboshensky who shouts idi nahuij in all chat while playing the 2 spell invoker build

Missing this option:
>I don't really care because I'll be dead by the time it happens, so might as well spend the money on something else.

>thinking we can cause an ice age
not so fast on that one, it's far fetched but not beyond possibility. There's some real zany global warming projects out there that involve injecting shit like sulfuric acid into the atmosphere in an attempt to reflect more of the sun's light from the planet, thus cooling it. There's enough true believer GW zealots out there that they might start doing this soon.

If they did enough of it, and there holy climactic models turn out to be incorrect, they could seriously fuck up the atmosphere and cause global temperature drop.

livescience.com/22417-aerosols-stop-global-warming.html

Fucking MIT is in on this shit.
technologyreview.com/s/511016/a-cheap-and-easy-plan-to-stop-global-warming/

is there a good reason for believeing there is a limit to how much wind you can get out of the eurasian steppe? and why is it unreasonable to think that helping third world countries get up to standard is an effective approach? ah shit when I see it typed out- someone post that chinese guy who can't deal with africa. But you can try, 9 bil a year is nothing for the US for instace and there is room for improvement

[spoiler]didn't want people to sink votes into some shit option t.bh[/spoiler]

Why? That's literally what most people think.

[spoiler]spoiler tags don't work in Sup Forums[/spoiler]

if you're not gonna take a stand you're no use

This is a stupid question and contains a fallacy.

Of course climate change is a real threat. The question should be Is "Does man contribute to climate change and if so what degree". To imply that climate change is manmade show your lack of basic knowledge in our earth's geographical record.

>there's no highest authority though
Oh you sweet innocent child.

There prescription is China gets to do whatever the fuck it wants, as does India, and the rest of the third world for that matter, while the first world nations have to give up their industry and make what little they have left uncompetitive against the Chinese. That's obviously a scam.

I asked if you think "manmade climate change" is a "threat". if it exists but doesn't make a difference the answer would be no

I just think it would be better to spend the money on technological solutions, like fusion or some crazy large-scale energy storage tech for solar, like gravitational storage, compressed air storage, cryogenic storage, rotational storage, solar thermal, etc., instead of economic solutions like sending money to country x.

have you been in india or china? they're poor as fucking balls man. yea they have a wealthy class but their working class is real dickensian shit. we got to pollute freely for centuries. If we don't let them do this we institutionalise a white power world. You can see how that would be something they're not gonna go along with

>9 bil a year is nothing for the US
Fuck you sven. If you want to start handing out your cuckbucks to africans to build bird chopping whirligigs then knock yourself the fuck out. But don't start doling out other people's money to assuage your bleeding heart.

Also, wind is a pipe dream. It doesn't run at night, and it can't be amped up to generate more power for the high demand hours. It can supplement a system, but you ultimately have to have a way to generate enough power to supply your country's needs at times when there is no wind. It won't work. And the only way it could is if we could make super batteries to retain excess power in the system. Aside from some hydro dam schemes, that's decades if not centuries away.

Don't let (((them))) believe you that nature produces less co2 then mankind produces. (cows, volcano's, gas leaks from oceans,...)

>they're poor as fucking balls man
Yeah, and I don't care. and neither does global warming. Letting them run free will only fuck over the planet (if global warming is real) and seriously fuck over us, ill pass.
>If we don't let them do this we institutionalise a white power world.
pic related