Serious thread: The origins of blue eyes

Here's something interesting:

Light eye allele frequencies: alfred.med.yale.edu/alfred/mvograph.asp?siteuid=SI007119S

One of the Khmer samples (SA001500G) has an astonishingly high amount of the light eye mutation. They say this is a subset of the SA000022E sample, which also shows the mutation at non-zero frequency.

Lactase persistence allele (Indoeuro variant): alfred.med.yale.edu/alfred/mvograph.asp?siteuid=SI001784U

The Khmer SA000022E sample has zero incidence.

So it seems that there are a notable group of people in Cambodia who have the light eye mutation. These people are likely NOT the result of French rapebabies, as they completely lack the lactase persistence allele.

Also, if anyone has any actual worthwhile discussion on the origins of blue eyes (like why were they so common in pre-aryan Europeans), that would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/origin-blue-eyes
theguardian.com/science/2014/jan/26/swarthy-blue-eyed-caveman-dna-tooth
theguardian
archive.is/v7Z3y
youtube.com/watch?v=da6WP22CscY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where are gray eyes on the shitskin scale?

>/pol
>Serious thread
kek

all blue-eyed people have a common ancestor who lived 10,000 years ago near the Black Sea...
genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/origin-blue-eyes

so if you have blue eyes too, we're related :)

blue eyes popped up among yamna people and they spread it through Europe 5000 years ago

Nigga blue eyes were actually a mutation that happened a shit long time ago when somebodies eyes weren't able to accept melanin. How is this even relevant ?

>blue eyes popped up among yamna people
utterly wrong, blue eyes were already present among mesolithic western foragers(oldest confirmed is 14k years old)
Yamnaya people were mostly brown eyed

I mean light eyes and hair aren't unique to Europeans, Turks, Arabs, and some east Asian peoples have been known to have naturally red hair while the former two sometimes have light eyes. As for how these genes became so widespread while at the same time being nearly completely excluded from Africa and Oceania, my thoughts are that the mutation probably first arose somewhere in the near east and spread from there.

The reason light eyes was more widespread among European populations is that they had less sunlight to deal with as light eyes make you more sensitive to light which is a problem for bother Arabic and Asian peoples who developed specific mutations (long eyelashes and slanted eyes) to deal with bright lights even with dark eyes, considering that light eyes is a pretty big downside. So red hair and green eyes survived in asia while in Europe some humans mutated even further developing blue eyes and blonde hair which were still acceptable mutations since sunlight wasn't as much of an issue and the traits are generally seen as attractive for reasons unknown.

but that's so 100% completely wrong that you MUST be trying to bait me, right?

Nobody is THIS retarded, right?

>hurr durr blue eyes

They're unique to indigenous euros (hunter gatherers without IndoEu ancestry) in that they were 100% light eyed. Maybe there is some other ancient population with 100%, but I don't know of it.

We can assume that light eyes are "good", as long as they have a low-sun environment to permit them.

So people who were, say, 5% blue eyed went into europe, and dark climate permitted selection to occur to 100%. In Arabia/India, sunlight prevented light eyes from becoming widespread.

This still begs the question of why north Asians and Siberians lack light eyes. Was it just a random mutation that happened after the Asian-Caucasoid split?

im romanian, my dads eyes are blue mine are lightbrown. Blue eyes are cool I guess however, in Romania blonde guys are considered feminine.

Here

>in that they were 100% light eyed.
Do you have any source for this?
>Was it just a random mutation that happened after the Asian-Caucasoid split?
Odds are the population was so small that when splits happened either the new groups had no light eyed people or the light eyed people's genes were bred out. Beyond that Siberia and Alaska are very hard places to survive meaning that traits that were only a minor downside further south could make the difference between life and death in the frozen Tundra or Boreal forests.

Get out

suck my cock you worthless piece of shit, you're living off my taxes and you have the balls to say that. Get off your couch you pussy bitch.

Blue eyes are the ultimate sign of a weak bitch. I respect no man with blue eyes

Stop using your computer and internet, nigger.

Do t*rds think they're mediterranean or european?

>t. blue eyed subhuman

Explain to me why the most cucked countries are the blue eyed countries? Blue eyes are indicators of weak men. This is why the most liberal and cucked Euro nations are blue eye nations, compared to the superior brown eyed Meds. Blue eyes and blonde hair are feminine, always have been

>East Bulgaria, Romania and Greece has darker eyes than Anatolia
What does it mean?

Weak bait, nigger.

WE WUZ GREEKS N SHIEEEEEET

Turkey, current year

Niggers and arabs.

what happens here??

Ashkenazis carry huge amount of European genes.

>we wuz blue eyes an sheeeit

Polish colony.

So where do green eyes come from? I'm blond having green eyes.

That's wwwwrrrrrooong.
It originates in Black Sea coast.

golonialism :DDD

All nations that aren't in the most-blue category are an abomination. That includes you too Germany. You filthy mutts.

where do green eyes fit in to all of this what are the %s on them?

>he doesn't know that blue eyes were simply raped out of existence in the middle east...
Fun fact: blue eyed sex slaves were, and still are, in very high demand. The fact that both parents must carry the gene for blue eyes means that it is breed out of a population relatively quick when it is in the minority.

It could have originated anywhere in the world and the results would have been pretty much the same.

are there really people on this board right now who dont have blonde hair and blue eyes??

Somewhere down the line, one of your blue eyed ancestors fucked a nigger and they got poop-blue eyes

t. green eyes

Don't be jealous, poo eyes.

Celts

So now you' think you're apart of the med race after parading as Turkic Asians for 600 years and persecuting true Anatolian meds for hundreds of years. Turds are fucked in the head

not true, a lot of people, especially women, get green eyes from double blue-eyed parents. green eyes are rarer than blue.

im a rape baby

t. hazel (brown/green)

feels good

Blue eyed faggots were civilized by dark haired dark eyed aryans.

In Brazil there was some neighbours black african with no trait of any mixing and all the males had stunning blue eyes. Father and three sons.

What about the mother?

>this triggers poojeet

>roach
>human

kek

why would i want shitlocks on my head?

I didnt see any women with blue eyes around them, and was there six months, dont know who the mother or sisters were but I guess therefore they didnt have blue eyes.

You're less of a rape baby. Those humans in Britain with any hair color other than brown or red are rape babies of Danes and normans

only paki tier spanish arab-rapebabies think it's offensive. Go back to kneeling before the statue of the whore and kike son, santiago.

Light pigmentations in Europe have increased in frequency over time. The Vargian theory of "once all blond&blueeyed" is wrong and the reality is that Proto-Germanics may have actually been a bit darker than Viking Era Scandinavians.

butthurt'd

The Indus valley civilization predates the Indo-European migration. Hate to tell you Pablo but Dravidians founded civilization in the Indian subcontinent, not Aryans.

so you're telling me we have bluer eyes than Italy and Sain?

*Spain

>implying thats difficult

the ashkenazi jews probably pull the number up in Israel by being eastern europeans?

Eastern Europeans in general are more genetically distant from Middle Easterners.

well most askhenazi are Polish/Belorussians so it makes sense

That would make Ashkenazi Jews one of the most genetically European population the world, which is obviously false.

well im askhenazi and i have blue eyes

they're basically mixed jew and pole/belorussian.

Melanesians have blond hair and blue eyes too

East Morroco is whiter than most of Italy fucking kek

>mixed jew
Ashkenazi Jews ARE Jews, with a history of their own. Mixed Jew/Poles are not Ashkenazi Jews.

>roach

Wrong and wronger

We have a Blue eyed individual from 14000BC in Italy, we have someone around the same time period in Goergia who was brown eyed byt carried genes for blue eyes that wasnt even close to related to him either. That means blue eyes might be tens of thousands of years old

Studies show that askhenazi are most similar to Italians and Greeks when it comes to genetics, not Slavs. The vast majority of them are descendant from Roman converts, and the Slav/German admixture is not as distinct as their South European genetics.

so how do you explain the blue eyes thing?

Northern Italians have blue eyes too, and I would guess that askhenazi with blue eyes have recent slav/germanic ancestors too. It's not like the frequency of blue eyes in Israel is super high.

Jews went through a bottleneck after Roman times which is also why red hair is relatively frequent in them.

well askhenazi are about 40% in Israel

You mean the make up 40% of the population? Or that 40% of them have light eyes?

Blue eyes originated in all Europe but brown eyes dominated all agricultural societies, while blue eyes dominated in less agricultural areas such as Scandinavia.

Lactase persistence allele in the italian sample is so low it doesn't seem very realistic here everyone drinks milk

Am I counted in light eyes?

I am iberian btw

>In the Middle East and North Africa light eyes reach an average of 8%, with 18% in Lebanon, 15% in Armenia and Syria, 13% in Israel, 8% in Iran, 5% in Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, as well as 3% in Saudi Arabia.
In any case, google told me this. This seems about right, but I guess I'm a bit surprised it is so high in Syria, Lebanon and Armenia.

Blue eyes originate in Estonia

/Thread

source?

even southern italians have blue eyes

That Black Sea theory dates to 2008. Ancient genomes after 2008 proved it wrong, namely Villabruna18 (12,000BC).

Asian.

thanks, will check

That's where the original tribe Ashkenas (laborers-in-the-earth, roughly, the ones whom Christ calls God's Chosen People) settled. These are considered the biblical ancestors of the Germanics, hence why Jews always insist they're Germans around foreigners.

fucking wrong, it was the other way aruond

Many thought it was already wrong when La Brana 1 was sequenced in 2014, because how could a 7000-year-old man end up in Spain with no genes from the Caucasus, so it must have been there earlier.

kek i love how they call indians "hispanics" or "latinos"

Yea I know, I just assumed it's at a lower rate than the ones in the North. I grew up around a lot of Italian Americans and plenty had blue eyes

theguardian.com/science/2014/jan/26/swarthy-blue-eyed-caveman-dna-tooth

>DNA taken from the wisdom tooth of a European hunter-gatherer has given scientists an unprecedented glimpse of modern humans before the rise of farming. The Mesolithic man, who lived in Spain around 7,000 years ago, had an unusual mix of blue eyes, black or brown hair, and dark skin, according to analyses of his genetic make-up.

Varg BTFO

Always remember to archive
>theguardian com/science/2014/jan/26/swarthy-blue-eyed-caveman-dna-tooth
archive.is/v7Z3y

>dark skin
I don't personally buy that. Skin alleles are not so well-known that we can safely say people living on northern latitudes were "dark."

youtube.com/watch?v=da6WP22CscY

Skip to 13:50.

How is he btfo here?

>Israel

After looking into this, there are no confirmed scientific advantages for light eyes and multiple disadvantages. The only advantage to light eyes seems to be they make the person more attractive, possibly due to apparent pupil size.
Whenever I look anything up from Varg it turns out to be wrong. Varg mentioned some bullshit about light eyes being resistant to snow blindness but that is false, which happens with a lot of the things the tries to pass off as fact. Even when he sites books, they aren't available online and contradict every other historical source.

When they say dark they mean pic related

Bretty dark ones, desu.