I was just reading this:

I was just reading this:

>The distinction is made because developed countries, on a per capita basis, often produce more greenhouse gases than developing countries. Pruitt claimed that China and India and are polluting more than the United States, but that's misleading.

>China (but not India) does produce more carbon dioxide than the United States, but it has nearly 1.4 billion people compared to 325 million for the United States. So, on a per capita basis, the United States in 2015 produced more than double the carbon dioxide emissions as China -- and eight times more than India.

But I want to know how many of those 1.4 billion people are the ones actually producing the CO2. I bet it's a pretty small percentage.

I haven't seen anyone address this yet. They just use per capita to dismiss the argument that China pollutes more.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/corner/352878/green-mafia-kevin-d-williamson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

China's production is largely for export. By importing goods from China, other countries simultaneously export the emissions required to produce them.

Whoever believes the US is to blame for climate change should be thrown in guantanamo

You won't see anyone address it on here because everyone in here sucks Donald Trump's cheeto shit caked asshole

See, like this guy... Let's throw people that don't agree with daddy trump in Guantanamo

If the number includes total greenhouse gases, this doesn't surprise me given the US and how much beef we produce. Methane is more prevalent than CO2. But due to the incredible inequality in China (with the whole free economic zones on the coast and the rural villages in the interior) I don't think per capita is a very good way to measure it. If adjusted for GDP, measure of economic activity makes sense because it can loosely tell you how efficient our companies are at handling emissions, which is ultimately more important when determining company regulations. If companies in China are incredibly inefficient, but are let off the hook because there is an incredible mass of people that still live in countrysides, then regulation should take that into account.

The OPs image is very similar in style to others I've seen posted on here.

Is this a ShariaBlue meme?

Technically true. The standard of living in china does also vary greatly. There are areas in 3rd world conditions. There are also ghost cities. However if we can take into account that China cheats, then how do we know the data is accurate? Also did the Paris Climate agreement award CO2 privileges based on population? Are other co2 sources being considered (like I don't know every carbon based population)?

But don't worry the science is settled, anyone with half a brain can name the experiment that proves all this.

>BP oil executive

Trump trump trump.. Are you sure you took your meds today?

It's developing countries which are going to be harmed, and yet we are going to pay the bill. Really makes me think...

Given how globalists are already shilling the UN to have people dislocated due to "food security" reasons considered as refugees, there is no longer any surprise they are pushing that climate change is our fault. It all fits.

Earth doesn't care what per capita carbon emissions are

I've read the thread now.

>Are you sure you took your meds today?

Ready to throw sane people who follow scientific facts in prison...

Yeah cuz theyre usually globalist shills looking to harm America like you

>scientific facts
(((((facts)))))

Anyone who opposes me is a shill... SAD!

Your premise posited by the image is retarded. It could be that obscenely rich people are at the top of the left side of the chart. The fact that your image excludes that possibility is all I need to know that you are wrong and talking to you is a waste of time.

Lol... Looks like it's big oil trying to protect their obscene profits at the cost of the environment

developed countries = imperial core
developing countries = imperial periphery
It's about how much the imperial core can suck out of the imperial periphery while their own (((accounts))) are squeaky clean. Just the usual vidya for the ruling class, nothing to see here.

The one on the left makes more sense, because oil industry profits are hardly "obscene."

100% this

But, in the end, man-made global warming is a hoax. There is only pollution and CO2 is not a pollutant.

>regional environmental groups and community activists
More like globalists who control governments and have so much wealth they make oil CEOs look like 14 year olds working at their first weekend job washing cars by comparison

90 percent of scientists do not agree. This is BIG lie. Accordingly to a recent survey of the American meteorological association it was only around 54% You can't get much further away from consensus than that.

Per capita doesn't make any sense. Comparing emissions to GDP does since most emissions come from economic output (i.e. industry). China and India are both shit-tier on that list.

god, fuck you for creating/posting an image that misspells "you're"

you turn ppl away instantly, you dumbass

>climate scientists jobs are not at stake if agw isn't real

Jesus Christ, give the guy a break man...

Op is probably a DNC shill, that alone doesn't mean he's wrong though.

Relative to the size of energy concerns, the inelasticity of demand for their product, and the near-complete absence of political risk, those profits are better than healthy.

I'm involved in the climate science community, but anyone in academia will know what I'm talking about. That chart is bullshit.

What happens is that 90% of people in academia in the climate science/atmos science fields shouldn't be there and aren't qualified for academic work. They produce 3rd rate papers and get them published by pushing the climate change meme in order to seem relevant.

Are you implying climate change is not a problem? Are you clinically retarded?

wish wed stop rewarding shitskins for breeding

Are you outta your mind? Net profits may be low but gross profits are huge.

>the US is rich they can pay for it! Give us gibs!

Kill yourself faggot

Yes, he has down syndrome I'm afraid... We should be praising him for just being able to post... Quite sad:(

Basically, global warming denialism boils down to this:

>The government says X, therefore X cannot be correct

CAPTCHA: FLOODING COLONIAL

It's literally not. GHG's aren't even the main reason for our warming. Ask me anything and I'll try to answer

>t. atmos sciencefag

Someone please post the Chink pollution pics, the contaminated rivers and stalker-tier skyes.

I only have shitty gore

this is a case of libertarian hicks being correct for once by chance

You dont even understand the agreement faggot. Do some reading first then come back before you spew a bunch of smug nonsense you know nothing about

Ok I'll bite... I'll ask you anything... Did mommy or daddy get you the science play kit you're pretending to be a scientist with?

Lol didn't know retards were capable of being triggered

And?

Is this really such a bad thing? Quicker development for the developing world means quicker decrease in the fertility rate of developing world subhumans.

I'm not a scientist. I'm a JHU chemical engineering graduate going to grad school for atmos science.

So, essentially more than anything you'll ever be in your piece of shit life.

Oy Vey goyim you are guilty of buying everything from China! You are destroying the earth! What, end globalism and bring manufacturing home where we have high environmental standards? Never!

Lol so you're just some college kid... Cute

>produces one of the largest sums of polluting materials of all other countries
>why do (((they))) want us to pay it back, huh, what are you, a KEK!?
we at least have the responsibility of cleaning up our own space for the future of the American people, let alone the world

what's the MJO and how does it impact climate? I bet you don't know and yet LARP as if you somehow understand how GHG's affect anything.

Fuck the developing world. They'll fuck it up anyway

Mommy wont pay for college huh? Sorry sport. you'll get there in a few years (you're 12 right?)

I applaud your computer skills little downs boy:)

Oooh so mommy and daddy both got you the science kit (((college)))

this, they want pollution to stop, but aren't able to confront the truth that economic globalization is the cause, not to mention that the Paris accords restrictions are laughably loose and fail to address a big part of water pollution: mines

>green energy was a big meme
>everyone invests in renewable resources and green energy
>government can increase taxes and get more money

Sounds very similar to the image on the right

It's not a massive conspiracy, just the nature of science. If you want to continue research and getting paid, you need to produce results. What kind of funding is a climatologist going to get if he determines that climate change is a non issue?

A scare industry worth an annual $1.5 trillion has been built on the notion that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for unprecedented and catastrophic changes to the world’s climate. Yet the scientists promoting this hypothesis are a fairly small, closed shop who validate one another’s work in a process which has been nicknamed ‘pal review’ and whose response to criticism from dissidents is to bully them, smear them and have them denied access to mainstream science journals.

China lies.

There is no oversite for them, they can say whatever they want. Also rural parts of china have no infrastructure that uses fossil fuels meaning their "per capita" isn't accurate because only a small portion of their country is civilized enough to be on the grid or use machines!

>the green mafia isnt a thing
nationalreview.com/corner/352878/green-mafia-kevin-d-williamson

India is in the middle of Electrification, so when that's done their per capita rate will sky rocket.

>So, on a per capita basis, the United States in 2015 produced more than double the carbon dioxide emissions as China -- and eight times more than India.
>therefore the US should pay cash money to India and China to further industrialize without any regulations
Great logic.

>90% of the worlds CLIMATE scientists.

Guys, guys I think we can all agree that all scientific data is predicated on the belief the earth is round. However, if the world is FLAT then all current climate science data would be wrong.

So really you guys are just being stupid.

>be elon musk
>billionaire
>have huge shares in renewable resources/green energy
>also donates to universities/places that conduct research

Goes both ways

Only difference is the current state of renewable resources/green energy production is extremely likely to be obsolete relatively quickly, meaning the investors, politicians, and lobbyists will make a bunch of money out of it and proceed to reap more rewards when the next generation of green energy rolls around so you have to replace their old gadgets with their new ones

Exactly how apple and other companies make their money, peddling shit that'll be inferior soon so you have to buy the next biggest thing

Meanwhile nuclear has the same potential, but whatever you build/use will have more longevity before we create our own suns out of dark matter

But fall for the muh wind energy meme that'll benefit billionaires

>falling for the dark matter meme

I believe the world is unable to combat climate change unless the US also takes part. Of course, China will have to as well. It only takes one country not regulating to have everyone move their factories there and then a world's worth of carbon dioxide is still produced

>before we create our own suns out of dark matter
Why do that when we can make a DYSON SPHERE

But what should disturb us almost more, I think, is the broader problem that generation after generation of impressionable kids are now paying good money — and expecting good jobs afterwards — to study pure, unmitigated, mind-warping drivel.

>not wanting to create a nuclear reactor out of dark matter that explodes and transports all the trannies niggers mudslimes and commies to another dimension

"Don't trust quotes on the internet" - Adolph Hitler

Once the world finally sheds this RIDICULOUS round earth belief then finally we can be to make the correct scientific models to combat the coming global ice age.

He was right. Hitler was so smart.

Westerners consume energy like pigs then bitch about china and india.

Blow it out your ass

Dark matter is just an imaginary fudge factor for incomplete mathematical models.

>What kind of funding is a climatologist going to get if he determines that climate change is a non issue?

Exactly. thats why they keep pushing it. to get more money. you just answered your own question dumbass

Are you implying the US should tank its economy to save the environment singlehandedly while china keeps dumping FEV supersoldier fetuses in the ocean

The difference is that you dont have an EPA. (Literally) given the infrastructure (which is what the Paris accord was written to fund) you'd cconsume just as much, if not more.

That picture...

Those are strawman arguments.

> Does this make sense to you!?!?!?!

> - The poor homeless man
> - Does a round the world trip in a jet
> - to trick everyone into giving him change
> - Not even spent on the environment
> - Ptsssh get real people!!!

Just like Hollywood want to retain its position of influence on the general mass.
Or a political party.
Or a world power to influence the world.

They utlize and saturate global warming as an argument for unrelated courses of action.

One of those is to get Muslims into Europe and push salafism/wahabism so that the Saudis can carry on blackmailing the world for keeping the oil prices high/ not pulling as much out of the ground while also having influence on the world via influencing/ part owning Europe.

Stop for a second and think. NONE of this economic activity has to actually exist, technically.

It is about WHERE money is invested. For whose benefit?

The "big oil companes" are just the staff. The owners/investors are the important people.
People get layed off ALL THE TIME.

America was trotting into space and more and more and more people could have been involved until the economy altered into the simple minded consumerist mess that it has become.

India is fucking disgusting. The nerve of you pieces of shit blaming us, just because that's what you're told. Clean up your fucking shit, clean up your piece of shit country, then maybe we'll talk in 50 years

I don't get it.
What is the explanation for asia? How is africa going to do this when they have no food / facilities to support their current population?

Clearly the Asians will colonize africa since they'll be immune to cries of racism and western colonialism.

fuck you burger and fuck your country and fuck your 2 mommies and 2 daddies, go suck a nigger's dick like your sister does.

lol your country is disgusting and infested with disease and subhuman pieces of shit. Sorry, I didn't do it to your country. Just take responsibility faggot

He's right. India is a shithole. Other than the bits we stole and forced you to grow tea on.

Together with half of their fucking economy.

Its also the 2nd most populated country in the world. More population = more disgusting

very loyal

[TRIGGERED POO]

Left is anti nuke that would be the oil lobby. You are the oil lobby.

Its ok that youre too young to use Sup Forums. Try again in several years. Or kill yourself. I dont care which

(((carbon credits)))

The people on the right have a shit ton of money and they earned every fucking penny of it
>The ones on the left have a shit ton of money but pretend they don't and they hate people who earn money

You have lost weight.