Hey Sup Forums Buddhist here, on Pagans and Christians

I've looked into various Pagan religions a lot and was raised with Christianity
Points on Christianity
Pros
>Has been unifying factor for Europe as well some Near Easterners and Africans
>10 Commandments are a central pillar of Both Judeo-Christian Society and the West as a whole
>Christian Mythology and Belief are definitely intertwined with Western Culture and Values
Cons
>Foreign religion but it has become Westernized and Judeo-Christianized our culture
>Strongly Egalitarian and Universalist in belief, put other Christians above Family and Nation
>Divisive Sects squabble over petty differences
>Jesus preached following old testament law and asceticism
Paganism
Pros
>Some of them have decent morals
>Ancestral tradition
>Stories are interesting
Cons
>Large part of the Pagan community is leftist
>Tiny minority of whites
>Most Pagan traditions have little to no authentic religious practices (Greco-Roman is excluded)
>Most have a patched together or poorly sourced mythos (Germanic, Insular Celtic, and Greco-Roman are excluded)
>A fair number of Sup Forums pagans follow "Hyperborean" paganism which seems to be an entirely modern invention

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QGlwr44hsoE
allaboutphilosophy.org/cartesian-dualism-faq.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are a curse on Europeans, trying to forcibly make us slaves to a Dark Semite Deity

Face of the average (((Christian)))

Christianity
Originally much more commonly found in Africa, Middle East and Asia Minor, only much later came to the West. Christianity was chased out of it's native lands by Muslims but is poised to make a comeback in some areas, notably Africa and South America, albeit in a much-changed form while it recedes in the West.

Pagans
Were modern pagans following the ethics of pre-Christianity they'd likely be more pro-life than the average Born-Again or Catholic. There were NO pagan religions that supported abortion - infanticide sometimes, abortion never - and you can read about that to this day in their surviving literature and even things like the Hippocratic Oath.

Why can't I hold all this dukkha

Paganism is greater than any Jewish Yahweh sect

???
kek
Christianity is a foreign religion, but Catholicism and Orthodoxy are native religions in that they are Roman Practice+Messianic Jewish Cult

Christianity is 100% Jewish Schmuel

WAS. It ain't shit now, desu. Buncha faggotty LARPers who haven't a clue what they're on about.

Which is best, buddhism paganism or christianity?

Greco-Roman paganism is still practicable, aesthetic, and the birth place of western society, philosophy, and art. Catholics and Orthodox have SOME merit because of preserved European religion in their ceremonies

the thing is though that you cant prove any religion, therefore it is stupid to dedicate yourself to any religion. theres an infinite number of possibilites for religion.
be agnostic

As a Buddhist, I'm inclined to say Buddhism. I think the gods may exist from either religion. I personally think any religion that puts you on a good path is good and both have good and bad followers and paths
The most important parts of Buddhism are its Philosophical aspects which definitely have at least some merit.

ya most of the shit about paganism was destroyed a while ago, the people who practice it today are just larping faggots

Are you one of those White Buddhist cucks? We Tibetans laugh at you people

>it's a western new age leftist roleplays as a buddhist episode

Buddhism and [original] Paganism are probably better seen as intellectual abstractions and philosophies first - if they match your view of what is or ought to be reality, go for it, I guess. Both are absolute minority and very hard to find a community for.

Christianity is the easiest for community but its based around faith in conscious rejection of rationality [which ought to be a clue, but isn't, for modern pagans].

What do you need a religion for? For myself, a christian church is great networking, has good music if you pick the right one, has comfy architecture. I never pay any heed to what the preacher talks about.

I was just asking. I'm a Hindu. I'm Hindu because it would betray my ancestors to throw away thousands of years of caste system eugenics of creating the perfect kshatriya and custodian/protector of dharma. Plus I like elephants.

Graeco-Roman gods were abstract ideals of perfection, personified. War was given the name Ares, not Ares was given oversight of War. The abstractions were what was important and seen as the code of the universe, which is why the geometric solids [dodecahedron, etc] were guarded as sacred mystery objects. Most neopagans are pig ignorant of such and have no feels for the real thing.

Elephants are pretty cool.

I keep it to myself. I'm not the type to bring up my spirituality at every opportunity or to be involved with New Age pseudo-spiritual garbage
Sorry user, I'm a right wing, pro white, civic nationalist
Christianity is devoid of European spirituality, influenced by Greek Philosophy (primarily Cynicism) and Heavily culturally intertwined.
Hinduism is cool, genuine spirituality, philosophy and Indo-European I genuinely like Philosophy+Jungian Paganism

I guess choosing a religion based upon whether one likes elephants or not is as good a way to go about it as any other

Varnas aren't exclusive to Hinduism. Interestingly enough there are Brahmin and Kshatriya Christians as well

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Kshatriya"
>Mass Baptisms in this village (Batim in Bardez) took place on 25 August 1560. The priests who had been sent to make preparations for the christening were asleep when at midnight of the 24th (August) more than 200 persons (men, women and children) knocked at their door and declared that they wished to become Christians. The women were very well dressed and wore plenty of gold. The men were also well dressed with feathers in their caps and guns on their shoulders. This group was led by one man named Camotim (Kamat). He wore scarlet satin pants, had a silver sword at his waist and a gun on his shoulder. All of them were baptised on the above-mentioned day. These people belonged to the Chardo class, consisting of warriors, men of a much better personality than the Brahmins."

Your use of the term Judeo Christian invalidates everything you have said.

Furthermore buddhism is a death cult that worships extinction. There is nothing quite as defeatist as a buddhist who embraces nirvana at the cost of the self.

What part of Tibet did the Buddha come from?

The religion is even practiced by Mongols in a small part of Europe.

>Sorry user, I'm a right wing, pro white, civic nationalist

yup so you're a new-age leftard

How do I become awakened

>Strongly Egalitarian and Universalist in belief, put other Christians above Family and Nation
Maybe your milk toast protestant feel good churches, but hierarchy is key to Christianity and the value of the Family and Nation are emphasized a lot.
>Divisive Sects squabble over petty differences
>Petty differences
>PETTY
What the fuck you talking about?
If you call the differences between Catholicism, Protestantism and Orthodoxy petty then you need to go read a book.

Most likely he came from India, in modern day Nepal

Yes, I was being sarcastic, you ridicule white people who practice Buddhism when he was of a completely difference race, ironically an Indo-European speaking one.

>Most Pagan traditions have little to no authentic religious practices (Greco-Roman is excluded)

Paganism is theism - not religion. Which isn't to say Buddhism is apostate.

youtube.com/watch?v=QGlwr44hsoE

overcome the false perception you have of phenomena as being permanent

>muh indo-europeans

this is the biggest meme ever

>Christianity is devoid of European spirituality
Maybe protestantism but look at Catholicism and Orthodoxy especially the holidays and how they view Saints.

What's European spirituality? Afaik Western spirituality = hesychasm, divine reading, rosary, cloud of unknowing, and so on

I always get a kick out of Buddhists being Buddhists. You're silly folks to make a religion out of me (Hi, I'm Buddha. AMA!) I've literally never said to do that shit, man,not once in any of my incarnations. Fucking "Buddhists" crack me the fuck up. Y'all need Jesus or some other guru because you sure as fuck don't get me and I have never been a fucking guru.

It's just a language family, obviously Sinhalese and Irishmen aren't related, but they count from 1 to 10 similarly and similar terms for their family members.

>practice Buddhism
>of a completely difference race

Nigga, you crazy. Straight up wacko like Jacko, baby. What race haven't I been? I've been a fucking /gorilla/ and a poo-n-da-loo at the same goddamn time, mang, I can be whatever the fuck I want whenever the fuck I want, dummy, I am literally everything.

>Human sacrifice not in "con" list for paganism

OP is a serial killer.

You misunderstand, it wasn't simply because he's a different race. White people specifically are plagued with degenericies that can't be fixed unless they reject their dead culture, no good religion can manifest in those circumstances

the pagans didnt do human sacrifice

>human
I swear these threads are made just to fuck with me.

Have you ever herd of Celts?

I'm genuinely curious, what plagues white people that keeps good religion from manifesting?

He was from Bihar, an Indo-Aryan region in North East India
They practice a foreign religion in a European way. Saints are similar to European hero and ancestor worship imo (in a good way)
Parts of Apololistic Christianity, Most of Gnosticism, Various Pagan Religions, Greek Philosophical paths, Roman Imperial Cult, and to a degree Fascism/NatSoc's more esoteric side...
afaik it wasn't universally practiced, but I may be wrong. I also left out burning heretics and witches at the stake...

Pagans are degenerates who seek the comfort of religion while holding fast to all the perversions of mankind in his fallen state. Pagans are lower than pond scum.

>They practice a foreign religion in a European way.
>Foreign
Christianity has been the belief of some European peoples for 2 millennia almost in some cases. Such a long time period that it has shaped the formation of some of those people.
Further more there is no such thing as a unifying European way or anything of any relevancy in something being European.
Do you think the Roman Pantheon would be less foreign than Christianity to a Baltic village?
Or that just because two millenia ago the people of the Italian peninsula were Roman pagans, that the Roman practices wouldn't be foreign now?

The idea that the creed of a people is foreign do to it's origin is a bit silly and a clear mark of Americanism and their infantile understanding of Europe.

Naturalism, the rejection of the spiritual realm, especially on account of Cartesian dualism; reduction of religion to mere scripture, while ignoring tradition (thanks Luther); a progressive/utopian understanding of history that goes back to the Renaissance

Best way to herd Celts is with a dog and a bottle of whiskey.

I think he means white culture inhibits good religion?

Most forms of Buddhism are naturalistic, considering all spirituality as mind generated illusion.

Absolutely agree. A clue as to what beliefs the peoples of a particular area of Europe held before Christianity can always be found in the story of how they were converted to Christianity in the first place. That includes Rome itself. Every story is unique and rich in it's own right.

Its origins are foreign, as are its beliefs for the most part. It has become heavily Europeanized (Protestants made an effort to de-Europeanize it) for the most part though. I never argued that Baltics should practice foreign pagan beliefs, that would be strange and nonsensical. I personally don't care what religion they practice though.
Christianity has for the most part stamped out other religious movements good or bad

and then bundle them all together in a wicker basket of their own making. These pagans are a symptom of the decline of the west. Only Christendom will save the west because it is Christendom that defined the west - as well as the Byzantine East.

Most pagans are larping edgelords who have nothing more than Varg videos, who just so happens to be a convicted murderer and all round nutjob, to offer the world.

Paganism is a dead end whose religion is a feminized form of nature worshipping morons... kinda sounds familiar doesn't it? Truth is we are already living through pagan times and that is why the West is in the sorry state it is in.

Thanks, interesting stuff.

>Naturalism, the rejection of the spiritual realm, especially on account of Cartesian dualism;
Doesn't Cartesian Dualism reinforce the spiritual realm?: "the human mind or soul could not be identified with the physical body . . . the immaterial mind and the material body are two completely different types of substances and that they interact with each other"
allaboutphilosophy.org/cartesian-dualism-faq.htm

>reduction of religion to mere scripture, while ignoring tradition (thanks Luther);
I've heard this from Hindus, too. Why can't a religion put everything in writing, as a philosophy can? Seems like an excuse, deliberately muddying the waters to make them seem deep.

>a progressive/utopian understanding of history that goes back to the Renaissance
Just a way to interpret history, how does this keep you from being good?

so are you ever planning on locking yourself up in a tiny space and eating only seeds and pine needles or...?

Even the physical world becomes maya at one point, not only spirit; at certain realms of reality the spiritual becomes material and the material becomes supernatural

because Christianity is a syncretism of the pre-christian traditions+ the abrahamic faith and shit it picked up along the way, like Chinese folk religion is a syncretism of buddhism, taoism, itself a syncretism of pre-historic chinese traditions, confucianism and animism.

So is Shinto.

Religions are a lot more complicated than you think and at this point of humanity most religions are deeply interwined with the culture of the countries where they are originally practiced, hence why adopting buddhism or whatever as a religion is abandoning a part of your identity.

If you don't like christianity check out various Freemason lodges, a lot of them are Deist/theist with various degrees of christianity, pre christian theosophy, mostly Roman and Greek, and oriental influences.

Yes, was curious about what parts of white culture were inhibitors. See

>civic nationalist
So you're NOT pro white?
The two are mutually exclusive.

>be greco roman pagan after calling
>never watched a varg video

you only think it's larping because you've never experienced anything

if you want to try something that might open you up to something you haven't experienced yet i could teach you a good first step

I have to leave for a while but if the thread is still up I'll answer these

>he thinks you can be a "greco-roman pagan" without the context and frame of greco-roman society

clearly, there's a lot you don't know

>Hinduism is cool, genuine spirituality, philosophy and Indo-European
I have feel like most indians despise the indo european hypothesis.

don't worry bro, I'm from the country that literally resurrected greco-roman culture before yours was any more than France, England, Spain and a bunch of natives trading furs.

i can see you don't understand how the occult works

>>Strongly Egalitarian and Universalist in belief
This is not inherently a con, only when people go full retard with it.
>put other Christians above Family and Nation
If you don't put your religion before everything else, you're not religious.

White culture in reference to Buddhism is so logic centered that we tend to forget that emotion must also be addressed.
Only when our emotional responses are also seen as mind generated illusions, no more real than dreams, do they loose the ability to disturb our serenity.

>>hence why adopting buddhism or whatever as a religion is abandoning a part of your identity.

Adopting a new religion is literally adopting/being adopted into a new tribe. Its pretty much the point.

keep larping, faggot

not when you're a pasty white guy who doesn't know shit about fuck practicing a yellow/black people religion

>christian mythology
wew

Let me try
Points on Buddhism:
Pros
>it doesn't interfere a lot
>most of it's adherents do not care about anything
Cons
>most of it's adherents do not care about anything
>most Buddhists are leftists
>most Buddhists are people who wanted to reject religion but muh spirituality
>people think they look intelligent if they join Buddhism

Christianity is not the religion of the white tribes. It's merely a foreign dogma that's been interwoven into our culture.

and yet, thats what happened when europe took up the cross

This

Cathedrals were actually Pagan inventions, all the sayings including a monotheistic God are not European, and all the art and literature derived from Europe was actually pagan. WE

you what now ?

like with most religions it spread from the top down over many generations and often through violence

Most Buddhist care enough to set Muslims on fire while Christians are trying to wash Muslim feet.

>i've never experienced what you have so you must be larping

i offered to teach people a way to open their minds to other experiences, i have no reason to larp

Yet the greek and roman world embraced Christianity as they left their old, and primitive deities in the dust bin of history and by the cross Christendom conquered the world. Pagans already lost the battle and now a pack of internet druids want a rematch? LOL...pagans are nothing more than vermin.

if you think there is even a single christian left on earth you're wrong, it's mostly a skeleton of old traditions and decorum

do you practice libations, wear a toga and hang out at the forum to get the most recent political news ?
Retard.

Yep, Stonehenge is an early version of the cathedral.

Its too late for America to be an ethnostate, but I'd love to deport Blacks and Mestizos
Don't care what they think about their history desu
I didn't mean to make it sound false, mythology is simply the stories and descriptions of the deities devoid of the religous practice
Most WESTERN Buddhists are leftists
I hope they keep it up

Which just so happened to couple as an altar of human sacrifices.

Pagans will burn, either in this life or the next.

Yes, things change because all phenomena is impermanent.

From the wiki article on the Architecture of cathedrals and great churches of europe.

-The cathedral was created to the Glory of God. It was seen as appropriate that it should be as grand and as beautiful as wealth and skill could make it.

-As the seat of a Bishop, the Cathedral was the location for certain liturgical rites, such as the Ordination of Priests, which brought together large numbers of clergy and people.

-It functioned as an ecclesiastical and social meeting-place for many people, not just those of the town in which it stood, but also, on occasions, for the entire region.

-The cathedral often had its origins in a monastic foundation and was a place of worship for members of a holy order who said the mass privately at a number of small chapels within the cathedral.

The cathedral often became a place of worship and burial for wealthy local patrons. These patrons often endowed the cathedrals with money for successive enlargements and building programs.

-Cathedrals are also traditionally places of pilgrimage, to which people travel from afar to celebrate certain important feast days or to visit the shrine associated with a particular saint. An extended eastern end is often found at cathedrals where the remains of a saint are interred behind the High Altar

Again, greco-roman spirituality was greatly linked to their social order and their traditions, as they, society and traditions, collapsed under apathy, mistrust, "progressive" social reforms, etc..., people found refuge in a new form of vertical order.

There's no going back to paganism, though people can practice it within the restraints of western culture if they wish.

The hardcore Hindus are horrified by linguistic connections between Sanskrit and Greek, their national myth is that they traveled to the stars with vedic magic 'n shiet and are the true master race of call centers and potty witches.

i know too many little teen kids who are exacly like this. its fucking awful.

>

Nonsense. pagans suffered the fate they so rightly deserved and Europa under the banner of the Cross gave rise to modernity.

The west has abandoned the congregation of Christ and embraced pagan degeneracy - and now we find ourselves in a cultural and spiritual vacuum. We are ripe fpor the picking and thye Mohammedans will swallow us whole if we don't return back to the church. If you think a pack of crystal readers, or tree worshippers, or Goddess believers can withstand the Muslim horde you are a fool.

Topkek, son. Surely amongst all those Hindu gods there must be a god of POO.

I'm going on a ten day Vipassana retreat soon, any tips?

Had a life changing experience almost a year ago doing mindfulness practise, and I feel like my mind is clinging to it still refusing to let go

>worshiping gods
>not becoming a god
wew lads

you're a larping retard as well, christianity is pretty much dead and buried, we'll probably see a new form of spirituality emerge in the coming decades, either that or mass conversions to Islam.

Nature hates emptiness and always fills the void.

They prayed and made sacrifices to the gods. The idea that the average pagan back then didn't actually believe in the gods is absurd.

A lot of Buddhism is true, but a lot of it is for weak bitches who just want to stop dealing with everything.

The answer is P H I L O S O P H Y, can't shirk your duty of figuring things out by just picking someone to follow.

As for managing the little people, I say political-martial religion like NatSoc or Roman emperor-worship.

>

Christianity is still the most populous religion in world moron and is seeing a resurgence in Eastern Europe (which is the only uncucked part of Europe) as well as Russia as well as experiencing exponential growth in Asia.

Best that you talk your shit elsewhere frog!

again you don't know what you're talking about

but humour me since none of this is real

when you lay down tonight imagine a five pointed star above you, your right leg on the point that represents earth, your left arm on the point that represents air, right arm on the point that represents fire, your left leg on the point that represents water

in that order immerse yourself in the ideas that you associate with elements, when you get to the fifth point (spirit) over where your third eye (pineal gland) is do this:

focus on the area where your third eye is with your eyes closed ("look" at it) until you feel pressure, focus on the pressure and imagine that opening up

if you do it right you'll know, if you don't keep trying until you do

from there you'll be "open"