Renewable energy instead of coal plants

What if we build renewable energy plants in places like West Virginia and Kentucky where there are currently coal plants?

Then we can train the people working at the coal plants to work at the new plants, as well as probably hire more people to work at the new plants.

That way we move away even further away from fossil fuels, but the people working at the coal plants get to keep their jobs, and we create even more jobs.

Seems like a win-win-win situation.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
e-catworld.com/2015/11/10/brillouin-energy-makes-presentation-at-us-capitol/
youtube.com/watch?v=uK367T7h6ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=YlVDGmjz7eM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My dream is to one day work 4 hours a day brushing dust and dirt off of solar panels.

This is how i know you wear glasses and have a beard that appropriates Muslim culture you pussy white nu-male dipshit

>What if

congratulations, you just summed up the entire history of renewable energy in only two words

Not an argument

The only viable long term power source is nuclear power. It is clean, safe, efficient, abundant. Solar, wind and that other shit is basically like coal compared to nuclear.
>where there are currently coal plants?
>Then we can train the people working at the coal plants to work at the new plants
The jobs issue isn't about the plants but the mines. You can't retrain a coal miner to work in a nuclear power plant.

>What if we build renewable energy plants in places like West Virginia and Kentucky where there are currently coal plants?

Yet another leftard who thinks renewable energy is actually a thing and that there's some secret conspiracy to keep everyone from using it. Fuckwit, if you would just think for about five seconds you would realize that everyone in the world wants cheap energy and if renewable sources actually provided it, nobody would be able to stop everyone from finding a way to get them. Renewable don't fucking work. That's why Germany abandoned their attempts to switch over to solar and wind.

The main areas of renewable energy are:

>Wind power
>Hydropower
>Solar energy
>Geothermal energy
>Bio energy
>Energy storage

Surely these people can enter work training for work at a one of these plants. We're talking about them like they're zombies who only know how to do one thing ever.

>My dream is to one day work 4 hours a day brushing dust and dirt off of solar panel

And to eat about four times a week because there isn't enough energy to keep everyone alive. Have fun with that, bitch.

>The only viable long term power source is nuclear power. It is clean, safe, efficient, abundant. Solar, wind and that other shit is basically like coal compared to nuclear.

This!

i'd be completely against coal, solar, and wind if anyone gave a fuck about nuclear. that being said, im up 17% on first solar over two months, so fuck it

Seriously look in to how much wind and solar would be needed to meet Americas current energy needs. You'd need like 1000km/squared wind or solar farms dotting the entire country to even approach the level of output 1 major coal power plant provides.

It. Is. Not. Feasible. Nuclear could do it, though.

You don't know what you're talking about. Sad!
t. energy engineer

>Surely these people can enter work training for work at a one of these plants
None of those plants should exist. I don't think you fully understand nuclear power. We don't need any other power plants. Anything else would just be inefficient and overly expensive. The only reason we haven't gone full nuclear is the coal and oil companies campaigning against it.
>We're talking about them like they're zombies who only know how to do one thing ever.
Okay, you could retrain miners to work in a nuclear power plant but it would be a long expensive and possibly risky process.

>The only reason we haven't gone full nuclear is the coal and oil companies campaigning against it.

Well there's also the stigma of nuclear being dangerous, especially after the Fukushima incident.

What even is that flag?
Explain what you mean. Why wouldn't nuclear power work?

you cant just say this, it actually has to not be an argument.

Only because propaganda has replaced education when it comes to nuclear power.

Ask someone opposed to nuclear power why they're opposed to it and half the time you'll get these bizarre fucking rants about mushroom clouds and deadly radioactive plumes pouring out of cooling towers. It's ludicrous.

Uranium fission works. It's clean, it's safe, it's reliable, efficient, and the only method of power generation that could realistically be a near-term replacement for fossil fuels while we wait with baited breath for researchers to work all the kinks out of long-term solutions like Thorium fission and nuclear fusion.

Cold fusions the way to go... can operated 24/7 day or night. Look up LENR / Brillouin / E-Cat. Cheap nickel + hydrogen VS expensive palladium + deuterium.

Cold fusion is bullshit. Quit using tinfoil sites to research nuclear physics.

FEM(Free Energy Machines) work better then anything else.

Unfortunately most of them are sitting in underground warehouses by the thousands.

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

what about the tranny assholes frank

FRANK
R
A
N
K

Fuck off shill

cradle to grave your renewables are a net loss

nuclear is the only option, but people are little scared bitches

Supply must meet demand in any energy system. Nuclear energy is very good for "base load" supply, but the output cannot follow the heavy variation during day/night, winter/summer, etc... Thus you need to store exess energy and use it when demand is higher than production. (That's why France have so much hydro for example, dams are the best for energy storage.) Long story short, nuclear is good, but you shouldn't have 100% nuclear. Even France with 75% nuclear is not viable, they need to sell all their excess energy when they cannot store it (that's why energy prices are so low there).

What about underground electro magnetic turbine generators? Like wind turbines but 50 percent smaller that have more blades and each blade is magnetically attracted to the one next to it. If ya have enough of them then maybe it'll be worth it. Keep them underground so they are not an eye sore and make sure to keep a low voltage on them to counteract any loss of momentum while spinning.

bullshit, nuclear can be modified to meet variable demand

ex navy nuclear operator here

You may be correct, I am not holding my breath.

But if possible, it is only a matter of time.

e-catworld.com/2015/11/10/brillouin-energy-makes-presentation-at-us-capitol/

>solar

Solar is split into two distinctions and each has its own problem

>solar thermal
Terribly inefficient system that at most can heat a single home's water. Theoretical bigger facilities could exist like giant updraft towers but it's still up in the air whether the power output would actually be any good.

>solar panels
The production of these things spews just as many toxins into the atmosphere and the ground as coal power plants. Recyclying silicon tetrachloride takes so much power and resources that the net benefit is pretty much zip. Greenie faggots love to parade around China as being some sort of renewable haven but they get around all this by dumping the toxic chemical waste directly into the ground and destroying it.

Because-
>empty out coal mines
>hippies enter abandoned mines
>smoke the reefreef
>don't stomp blunt out, flick because fedora coolness
>sets coal mine on fire
>burns forever
>Silent Hill

>navy
>nuclear
>listening to a squid insane from 10 years under the ocean

i shpuld have been more clear...
US Naval nuclear power plants routinely meet variable demands on power

You can control and anticipate the energy demand on a boat, genius. We're talking about country size demand... I bet you didn't have tons of fucking batteries on your boat also.

and why would you think a city is any different than a boat, it's just a matter of scale

None of what you said was bad. You must be an awful engineer

the nuclear reactors on an aircraft carrier could be used to power a small city

If only we could discover a way to produce energy from OPs faggotry....

I work at a biomass plant, 22 MW output plus process steam. It's actually more expensive than natural gas and more dangerous than coal, on account of greater risk of sparks from metal and other bullshit in the fuel. Also, everything has to be trucked in. A million pounds of fuel trucked in each day, think about how efficient that is. Biomass sucks.

Solar isn't hard to learn. My labor force right now is Mexicans, high school dropouts, and ex cons and as long as I don't let them do any wiring they're fine

> it's just a matter of scale
and control. You don't control what people do when they are at home (ie what's the purpose of smart grids)
Are you trying to compliment or discredit me? Make up your mind.
Yes it could, but read the part on control/smart grids.

>What if we build renewable energy plants in places like West Virginia and Kentucky where there are currently coal plants
Because transportation costs and skill for said labor is not cost effective.

>Then we can train the people working at the coal plants to work at the new plants, as well as probably hire more people to work at the new plants.

It's hard to teach people to be engineers or a techie if they don't have the mindset

>That way we move away even further away from fossil fuels,

Already happening without the dumb plan of yours

>but the people working at the coal plants get to keep their jobs, and we create even more jobs.

Or we could do something better, while china and other developing countries can use coal from us for cheap effective energy. We in turn us that to fun research for making solar and renewable more cost effective for everyone in the future as we move forward.

you run a solar panel factory?

>What if we build renewable energy plants in places like West Virginia and Kentucky where there are currently coal plants?
Good idea. Now lets try to get funds to build those plants despite having all our energy needs met by existing coal plants.

No I'm an applications engineer on the installation side. Which is where the jobs are anyway.

what do these beaners and dropouts make an hour?

13.50 to start, 15 within a few months if they're competent. Non union so we work all year weather permitting.

i'mjust trying to make the point that nuclear power is perfectly capable of meeting extremely variable power consumption rates in its current level of technology, with a few design tweaks. of course better infrastructure will provide a smoother experience, but current nuclear tech can meet and exceed our needs right now

R u crazy?

"Green" energy is more dirty than coal.

ONLY way to future is Thorium.

youtube.com/watch?v=uK367T7h6ZY

Nothing beats hydro or fossil fuels.

>train people
>in coal country
I think they would rather be on disability

Im a chemical engineer interned at a nuclear plant for southern nuclear. This is true.

Renewables are great but it'll be hundreds of years if we take that route. If you want a solution within our lifetimes you need to go nuclear.

>128218549 stop being a lying faggot.

Have you ever met a coal miner? They are the dumbest fucking people on the planet. They are literally 70 IQ sub-humans. Why do you think 4-8 generations of their family have come and gone and they're still mining coal? It's not because they were smart enough to get an internet connection and use it to access the literally millions of free Ivy-league tier educational resources available to them for FREE and do something better with their lives.

No. They are scum. They probably make moonshine in their free time and smoke meth.

Because maintaining complex machinery and electrical wiring takes years of expensive study and talent and you're talking about the least intellectual, most backward people in the country.

Who's going to pay for it? Which company will you be able to sucker into putting their equipment thousands of miles from the nearest servicer for this type of tech? How are you going to move that power to more energy intensive parts of the country, seeing as you can't ship it and the grid isn't good enough to do so? If someone who's mined coal for 20 years does manage to get an electrical or material engineering degree, why would he keep his family in Shitsburg, population: fuck?

The free market will eventually murder most small towns that probably wouldn't exist without government money feeding corn farmers and military bases. Fuck em. If they can't find a way to be productive in the moden age, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Trump won, get over it

Why don't we return to shoveling shit, and riding Horses, that's green.

WHAT HAPPENED TO US???
We went to SPACE, we got on the MOON, now we want to go back to SHIT????

We need Nukes, Give us Nukes or Give us DEATH.

But the poor COUNTER productive African Americans.

Are you the kind of idiot that would want to shit out UBI? Why not just not tax property or something similar? These people could have jobs in the environemental sector or telecommute or a whole host of other things.

What IS productivity btw?

Fuck you, I voted Trump and knew everything he said about coal was pure base pandering to a group of people who got fucked by Obama, but were going to be fucked anyway eventually.
What do you expect Trump to do? Stop global market trends? Its not even going to be renewables that murders coal, it'll be natural gas and fracking.

The libshit tears were delicious and coal mining hicks will make for a nice side dish.

1) Horribly inefficient use of land and unreliable.
2) Limited lifespan and low power.
3) High maintenance costs to due to panels spread out over large area.
3) Easy target for vandals and terrorists.

Natural gas is definitely the future. I follow it closely in the US. We have a surplus right now and combined with the current mild weather is why the price of it has gone down.

But soon we'll be exporting it to different countries. If I remember correctly we've already signed a deal with Japan to export NG.

>What IS productivity btw?
Go ahead, ask how I know you're on government checks, you fucking subhuman.

Work is the filter. If you can't convince someone your time is valuable, you may as well eat a bullet because you're holding the rest of us back. Thank fuck white people's collective identity has been suppressed over the last 60 years, because in the modern age, ethnic identity is treated as a replacement for personal fucking value and knowing I have some lets me sleep at night.

Hi, how do you power a grid using (((renewables)))?

You can't, ha! Check mate.

You fucking twats. Coal is solar energy stored in perhaps the most energy dense chemical form of battery that we know of - fucking Hydrocarbons. Also know that the more carbon in the atmosphere the greener the planet becomes because plants eat fucking C02. The more coal we burn the more C02 the better the plants and other ecosystems do. Climate change is a fucking money grab sham. Trump is doing America a favor by backing out of that fucking climate agreement con.

Not nuclear ALONE. You need a form of storage for fast supply. I told you already, you must have tons of battery on your ship.

test

>The planet is getting greener but let's just ignore these rising sea levels and flooding coastal areas

Are solar panels even feasible for your own house? All the stuff I've read recently says that they're going to have to be replaced just as you pay them off (in 10 years or so), and that you need so many of them to power a normal house that maintenance and batteries and shit costs so much money and time it's better to just go on-grid instead.

Yeah fuck the coasts. You dumbcunts chose to live there. I hope you fucking drown there.

I'm from Kentucky and fuck you.
Not really.

Solar wouldn't be consistently reliable there and wind tends to die down the farther east you go in Kentucky because the hills start turning into peaks.

>The ocean is the source of all life, a huge carbon sink, and the provider of most of the atmosphere's oxygen
>Start making more ocean
>Suddenly it's bad

>implying a large expansive grid is the most efficient way of providing power
Enjoy rolling blackouts fag

Sea levels are rising at the same exact rate they have been for CENTURIES, fag.

To who?
For what purpose?

ACTUAL value setting (rather than how much of a cuck you are to others...which seems to be your sense of self worth, you big hard nosed worker you) Is done by the consumer.

You idiots in america have been working to keep a machine that erases you and pushes African American garbage down your throat.

Could have been focussing on much better things.

All i mean is those hill billies could focus on themselves and develop something out there rather than being good boys.

What do they think is a productive use of their time? Who sets the values?

You could set up pretty self sustaining small towns out there.

>renewable energy plant
>renewable energy
>plant
...what would the workers in this 'plant' do, blow on the windmills?

>Implying larger habitat for marine life is a bad thing
Marine sources of food will always be more plentiful. If we can upgrade our cities to hold more people ideally the best solution to population growth is vast oceans populated with large schools of fish.

Real world?

Stop right there.
Never happen.
Who's going to build your factory?
Insurance?
Materials?
Shipping?
Permits?
Utility feeds?

Go watch this movie: youtube.com/watch?v=YlVDGmjz7eM

>Enjoy rolling blackouts fag
how do you propose that renewables power large facilities like factories, army bases, etc

i have never received an answer to this question.

Literally every solar installation I've ever done on industrial manufacturing plants has over produced their demand. Plus efficiency is only getting better

Small scale things which are backed by the real grid, you mean?

You can fit 2 megawatts of D.C. Power on one building. More than enough to meet their demand. And if you install a small battery system to run their lights and cameras overnight you will never have any issues with straight pV solar.

>nuke the planet
It would take a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG time for the radiation to clear up though.

>as well as probably hire more people to work at the new plants.

Probably isn't good enough

It gets ultrahot between solar panels.

Does it even get windy there?

Hey power companies new million dollar idea

How about you replace all your existing low cost per kilowatt hour energy production methods with systems that have high startup costs, cost more to produce per kilowatt hour, AND you will need to retrain your employees. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE anytime a fucking cloud passes over or the wind stops blowing your power grid which should be steady gets momentarily interupted.

So what do you say?