Magic the Gathering: WE WUZ PLANESWALKERS

I wouldn't mind the blatant push for "Diversity" if the card wasn't complete shit.

no one cares about your overpriced cuck game /tg/

What a piece of garbage card

Her commander is better

>playing (((magic the gathering))) in 2017
>not playing superior Force of Will

It's like you love being fucked in the ass for nothing

Half of all cards in a given set are shit. What's your problem, exactly?

remember when they didnt print 6 million planeswalkers?
remember when they didnt try really hard to be diverse and make india references in their fanfiction-tier lore?
i hate magic now, but it's still nice to whip out the old cards from time to time, when they didnt make planeswalkers like saheeli and the gay bros but we got karn and such
wizards are literal jews desu

>God dragon creates a plane entirely of slaves
>Slaves are raised in a garden of eden where zombies tend to all of their needs
>Slaves regularly go in groups known as "crops" through suicidal trials to prove they are worthy
>Entire existence is training for these trials
>Requires backstabbing and teamwork simultaneously to pass through
>If a slave makes it all the way through his reward is being messily splattered across an altar by a lesser gods spear
>dragon literally made a universe to raise and train niggers so they can fight and die in a lethal ninja warrior for his amusement
>First prize is also dying, but in a cooler way than the others

bolas is pretty based but gaywatch is retarded, i wish they didnt force them down my throat
also now everyone is playing zombies again, which is pretty boring

I wish I had a Force of Will...

>remember when they didnt try really hard to be diverse and make india references in their fanfiction-tier lore?
You realize the first expansion set they made was Arabian Nights, right?

The game is good. The politics being injected makes one want to vomit.

>Playing a dead, super-meme'd, weebshit game.
Yeah sorry, FoW killed itself 2 years ago and hasn't recovered since. Now kindly fuck off.

some mtg cards are worth 100,000usd

Arabian Nights was made in a different time. Shit back then there wasn't even a coherent story to MtG, it was too new. If they revisited Rahbbia nowadays it would be cancerous as all fuck, and full of MUH ISLAM horseshit.

I don't mind the different planes based on different cultures and mythologies, hell, it's really the best thing about MtG. The fact that instead of exploring those planes they fuse the planes to be the stage for the boring cast of assholes that is the Gatewatch to do their super hero plays.

I just think its strange that the same crowd WEWUZing over the set fail to realize its just a giant farm where Bolas cultivates niggers for the sole purpose of putting them through a meat grinder

You realize their first expansion of Arabian Nights was just literally characters based around Arabian Nights and Baghdad, right? Not pushing WE WUZ KANGZ Egypt theme, but retelling a classic tale.

who cares about this 50 cent planeswalker

I stopped playing magic after kamigawa.
Tell me what have I missed

Fuck you OP, this is going in my electrostatic pummeller deck.

It's still better then that faggot ass trap card they printed...

The glory that was the original Ravnica block and some pretty sweet stuff up until about the end of Khans block. Now-a-days the game is half garbage and has fucking lottery cards as a gimmick to sell pack to stupid people. Oh and Gaywatch/SJW politics in the story EVERYFUCKINGWHERE.

yeah and they had that japanese place and a bunch of other stuff but it was done in a way that wasn't obnoxious, until you read the new lore and see that kamigawa became a naruto fanfiction with japaneezu people

>REEEEE STOP HAVING NON-WHITES IN THINGS!!!

At what point do you think faggot OP will realize he is an SJW?

>Tranny in an MtG setting.
>Can find a fucking wizard to Polymorph you into a girl.
>Have to play the pretend game and PRONOUNS shit, for some fucking reason.

Seriously, WHY IN THE FUCK DO YOU NOT JUST FIND A WIZARD TO POLYMORPH YOU INTO A FUCKING GRILL!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!? FUCK!

Friendly reminder that mtg has been shit since mirrodin came out.

It was great until Return to Ravnica.

Conspiracy 1 was great, Conspiracy 2 played great but had a character designed by some "Black Nerd Bitch" blogger.

Standard is a huge fucking mess, and Amonkhet was literally "WE WUZ KANGS" the plane.

found the guy that lost to affinity

also in kaladesh they had >muh pronouns
wizards is desperate for money because the people that used to spend the most are no longer interested in their bad cards, and everyone else just buys cards individually to copy protour decks

>OG Ravnica
>Shit

FUCKING DIE IN A FIRE. TAKE YOUR FAMILY WITH YOU!

The art started going shit rapidly after Prophecy, but the game lost its spirit by Mirrodin.

Eat shit kiddos

I think the Aetherborn were actually pretty good as a race, and the Yahenni stories were actually the best parts of the Kaladesh story.

The problem is Wizards marketed them as "Non-Binary" specifically to appeal to the regressive left, despite the fact that they were a completely agendered race.

Gonna be honest, I haven't paid a ton of attention to the newest sets. How obnoxious are we talking, exactly?

don't get me wrong, the aetherborns were pretty cool, characters like gonti just seemed really badass or whatever, but yeah they just tried really, really hard to make it into something else when just not even mentioning it would've worked as well

Where my Commander bros at?

Dredge, goyf and nerf to oldwalkers, planeswalkers became a major part of the story and sets,faeries became a real deck, multicolor only- the set, a 10/10 protection from everything, the fasted draft set ever, the most busted planeswalker, eldrazi, went back to mirrodin and accidently made a type 2 deck in type 1 (legacy deck in standard) phyrexia took over a plane and venser died, went to gothic european horror: the plane and it kicked ass, ended with faith in a community church being the ultimate power, back to dredge without dredge to ruin it, ancient greece is full of nigs, mongolian set with a tranny and an ancestral visions reprint, eldrazi 2: Eldrazi winter boogaloo stopped by 4 teenagers with attitude, back to euro goth plane and make it eldritch horrors, go to an indian plane with race cars, revolt against the government because boo government, go to the egyptian plane described and soon itll face its apocalypse.

>OG Ravnica wasn't in the spirit of Magic.
Are you high or just fucking retarded? Look just because counterspell wasn't in Standard anymore doesn't mean that the game wasn't Magic you asshole.

>Buh muh oldfaggotry...
If the Spirit of magic is what you are worried about Uzra's fucking brutalized it you literal nigger.

Unless there's some good RG three-drops in standard right now, in which case that could be useable. I wouldn't know though because I don't waste my money on that shit anymore

Urza was prime magic you shitcunt

Return to Ravnica was the last trace of traditional fantasy standards. Giant planet wide city themed set based on multicolor. Had cards used for all eternity. Great flavor. (Shit third set tho).

Theros marked the beginning.
Ashiok, a canon "it" with a missing forehead.
A cars referencing gay kings soon to be printed as an actual card later. While yes, greeks were gay back then: it was brought to light in a subtle way turned blatant.

See pic related. Notice the obvious hand motions. Even gays were freaked out from how forced it was.

Then the new set. Tarkir. Basically alternate universe meets time travel meets dragons. They showhorned a tranny from a Mongolian inspired tribe. There is also a girl named Narset. Original universe: female Yoda. New universe: Full blown autismo robot.

Then some Eldritch giants wrecked shit up for two sets (years). Not a lot of SJW pandering was found except for two lesbians in a story that two people ever read.

Then Kaladesh. Oh fuck Kaladesh. Basically an Indian Steampunk based plane. You can easily tell by that archetype alone is Tumblr: the Gathering. Nongendered Ash-humans? You got them. Dwarves? Gotta please the fat/midget crowd. 70 year old Lesbian? Sure. The main villian? An underling of a badass dragon who uses corrupt politics to make a Doomsday device by enslaving a particular inventor to make a machine that links between universes. A Planar Bridge.

So yeah. We may face a pendulum swing that we will go back to not giving a fuck about sjw wants and needs, but recently its been so obvious, its cringeworthy.

Story from some half saudi I heard somewhere
>relatives in saudi arabia have children that are addicted to pokemon cards
>IIRC they're probably spending lots of money on it
>saudis convinced that it's a jewish ploy to corrupt their children
>half westerner lets them know it's a japanese thing, always with lots and lots of stress on "japanese"
>saudis bewildered
>saudis: "Japanese must be in leeg with the jews!"

Amonket is literally WE WUZ KANGZ the fucking plane, Kaladesh was SUPERPOOPER 2030 the plane, there are so many bad stories about the Jacetice League it isn't even funny. Diversity quotas everyfuckingwhere (i still find it funny the most "diverse" PW we seen yet is a literal nigger thug that murders for money), and other stupiud shit like an Autistic PW and the tranny mentioned here>Muh emergency bans
>Muh 10 different bannings in Standard cuz we have no idea what the niggerfuck we were doing
>Muh Black Summer and Necropotence
>Muh combo winter and turn one kills in fucking standard.

Die in a fire you filthy nigger.

>tfw too smug for Commander

from kaladesh story when they talk about kamigawa, the writing is bad
>He should say hello now.
>They told him he should bow and say "Welcome to our house."
>What's your name. Can I announce you. Have you traveled far. Do you need slippers.
chandra wears leggings, everyone loves coffee, gideon is a dick
i just miss reading about enemies decapitating one another

>understands the magic card

Kill yourself you basement dwelling neet faggot.

Commander with proxies is the only way my friends and I will continue to play this game. I refuse to pay for this new garbage

That shit got banned to hell and back.

I honestly think the banning of Leovold was bullshit. Notice how it only happened after a youtuber (pic related) made a video about it?
I think if a commander is too powerful, your group should just publicly shame the player, not beg for the card to be banned. Commander players know when something sucks, and just won't play with that person.

We only play with each other m8 fuck wotc

Some pretty nice sets actually.

>Ranvica block
>Timespiral block
>New Phyrexia
>First two Innistrad sets
>Lorwyn Block
>Alara block

There's been a whole lot of misses lately though. In an attempt to keep things super safe and newbie friendly they've made a lot of dull cards in the process, and in an ironic twist it seems easier than ever for exception cards to break the format over their back.

The really funny thing is that in the alternative timeline the original khans pretty much had their names scoured from history, so WotC released their flagship trans character only to make him deader than dead the very next set.

kek

The banned list is run by some man children making judgments mostly around their circle. But thats a whole other can of worms.

I liked that one of the authors accurately portrayed how a 17 year old girl thinks, breaking down the impulsiveness, the fear and the uncertainty chandra was facing. Definitely did well expressing her daddy issues too. What I dont get is the heavy lesbian overtones forced in out of nowhere

Its a guy named sheldon. Huge cunt who plays a U/G deck and has full control over the commander banlist. If something makes him butthurt its banned.

*teleports behind you're Tarm*

>heavy lesbian overtones forced in out of nowhere
Diversity quotas and SJWs in the writing department.

>Playing Standard
>Using Planeswalkers
>Giving even a single shit about any narrative progression since Apocalypse
>Bitching about vaguely-ethnic-looking characters in an Egypt block
Pic related.

The Power Rangers don't bother me that much desu. I'd rather they try to whore out some no-name faggots in their marketing materials than, say, Urza.

>Chandra

>I liked that one of the authors accurately portrayed how a 17 year old girl thinks, breaking down the impulsiveness, the fear and the uncertainty chandra was facing.

Chandra is like 25.

Goodpost

It's a planeswalker factory. The best and brightest survive and make it to be killed. If they're one-in-a-billion, their spark ignites and they become planeswalkers rather than die
You now have a powerful mage or warrior who worships you like a god as an ally

Oh Im well aware why he does it. But one of the story quotes for the next set is bolas saying "none are worthy" which leads me to assume that all he has accomplished so far is a billion dead niggers

I will kill this nigger on the spot

it's only shit because control is the meta

So they're making shit more tame as usual?

Bring back mana burn and damage on the stack, and make counterspell modern legal. That should keep the weenies out.

a worthwhile goal to be sure.
Also I suppose I was a fool for expecting something potentially interesting maybe developing.

the sad thing is this thread is better than most MTG discussions on /tg/ nowadays

i own a couple of the cards, they look beautiful, never much got into the game other than the steam version. anyways one the cards i got is a alpha sengign vampire, then a custom art card.

i like the art and the card could be worth shit but if it looks nice ill keep it.

kavus

This is the trend in Western gaming of all types. It's trash. The SJW agenda is winning

The last set was so niggerfied I dropped this shit game. The designers are complete leftist faggots

Oh shit, a black character in a card game.
What a fucking outrage this is.

>That pic
Case is fucked but you might be able to save the device itself, all the ports should be easily replaced granted there's no massive damage to the motherboard.

You'll need a soldering iron set up and shit to do it though and a new case.

However...
>that other pic right below