CATHOLIC GENERAL

Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/060317.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Online Breviary
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Ireland)
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ndchretiente/status/870902155443621889
youtube.com/watch?v=5hW9AhfWKmY
hprweb.com/1998/04/the-role-of-faith-in-culture/
youtube.com/watch?v=bBfzEB5BXe4
youtube.com/watch?v=kDKGvg6HeyY
youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=70YDpSo2MRI
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346
youtube.com/watch?v=NdbkvJznmwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that Europe voluntarily turned its back on this twitter.com/ndchretiente/status/870902155443621889

If it's to be saved, it must re-embrace what it has lost

Traditional mass to mark pilgrimage to Charters today in Notre Dame

youtube.com/watch?v=5hW9AhfWKmY

Chartres*

Step 1: Realize Christianity is a Jewish means of control
Step 2: Realize these christcuck threads are created by shills
Step 3: Realize "gods word" is the hearsay of man and nothing but conjecture
Step 4: Be spritual, not religious. Focus of self betterment and self meditation. The spirit in the sky is bullshit and is not going to help you.

Spiritual: Being open minded about our consciousness and its connection to the wider universe; are we insignificant or just the universe experiencing itself. Do we really die? Are we really alive?

Religion: Believing a book written by a couple of lunatics 2 thousand years ago about the adventures of a schizophrenic and his stories of an invisible sky wizard who created everything

WE WUZ JEW ON STICK AND SHIT

About as strong as an argument I've ever heard from Dawkins, Hitchens or pic related

Pls no reddit-tier memes

In today's homily, on the feast day of the martyr Charles Lwanga, the priest observed that in the present age we are living in "an era of tragedy under grace, as a great theologian once said."

Hmmm, thinks I, and a few moments ago discovered this:

TRAGEDY UNDER GRACE: REINHOLD SCHNEIDER ON THE EXPERIENCE OF THE WEST. By Hans Urs von Balthasar

>What von Balthasar presents here are the stages of the personal journey (spiritual and intellectual) by which Schneider discovered the presence of divine grace and providence in the tragic conflicts which were the objects of his scholarly work and which he could not help but see repeated in the events of his own time.

Review: hprweb.com/1998/04/the-role-of-faith-in-culture/

I'm intrigued, may pick up a copy.

Bump!

Let's get some discussion going. Are any of your interested by the idea of joining the church as a priest? what are your opinions? Can priests affect change?

"The oldest known blast furnaces in the West were built in Dürstel in Switzerland, the Märkische Sauerland in Germany, and Sweden at Lapphyttan where the complex was active between 1150 and 1350. At Noraskog in the Swedish county of Järnboås there have also been found traces of blast furnaces dated even earlier, possibly to around 1100. Knowledge of certain technological advances was transmitted as a result of the General Chapter of the Cistercian monks, including the blast furnace, as the Cistercians are known to have been skilled metallurgists. According to Jean Gimpel, their high level of industrial technology facilitated the diffusion of new techniques: “Every monastery had a model factory, often as large as the church and only several feet away, and waterpower drove the machinery of the various industries located on its floor.” Iron ore deposits were often donated to the monks along with forges to extract the iron, and within time surpluses were being offered for sale. The Cistercians became the leading iron producers in Champagne, France, from the mid-13th century to the 17th century, also using the phosphate-rich slag from their furnaces as an agricultural fertilizer."

"In 1268 Roger Bacon made the earliest recorded comment on the use of lenses for optical purposes, but magnifying lenses inserted in frames were used for reading both in Europe and China at this time, and it is a matter of controversy whether the West learned from the East or vice versa. In Europe eyeglasses first appeared in Italy, their introduction being attributed to Alessandro di Spina of Florence. The first portrait to show eyeglasses is that of Hugh of Provence by Tommaso da Modena, painted in 1352. In 1480 Domenico Ghirlandaio painted St. Jerome at a desk from which dangled eyeglasses; as a result, St. Jerome became the patron saint of the spectacle-makers’ guild. The earliest glasses had convex lenses to aid farsightedness. A concave lens for myopia, or nearsightedness, is first evident in the portrait of Pope Leo X painted by Raphael in 1517."

"The origin of the all-mechanical escapement clock is unknown; the first such devices may have been invented and used in monasteries to toll a bell that called the monks to prayers. The first mechanical clocks to which clear references exist were large, weight-driven machines fitted into towers and known today as turret clocks. These early devices struck only the hours and did not have hands or a dial. The oldest surviving clock in England is that at Salisbury Cathedral, which dates from 1386. A clock erected at Rouen, France, in 1389 is still extant, and one built for Wells Cathedral in England is preserved in the Science Museum in London."

"In the 14th century the growth of maritime trade and the recognition that plague was introduced by ships returning from the Levant led to the adoption of quarantine in Venice. It was decreed that ships were to be isolated for a limited period to allow for the manifestation of the disease and to dissipate the infection brought by persons and goods. Originally the period was 30 days, trentina, but this was later extended to 40 days, quarantina. The choice of this period is said to be based on the period that Christ and Moses spent in isolation in the desert. In 1423 Venice set up its first lazaretto, or quarantine station, on an island near the city. The Venetian system became the model for other European countries and the basis for widespread quarantine control for several centuries."

Realize how much metaphysically ignorant an user can be.

"Since the hourglass was one of the few reliable methods of measuring time at sea, it has been speculated that it was in use as far back as the 11th century, where it would have complemented the magnetic compass as an aid to navigation. However, it is not until the 14th century that evidence of their existence was found, appearing in a painting by Ambrogio Lorenzetti 1328. The earliest written records come from the same period and appear in lists of ships stores. From the 15th century onwards they were being used in a wide range of applications at sea, in the church, in industry and in cookery. They were the first dependable, reusable and reasonably accurate measure of time. During the voyage of Ferdinand Magellan around the globe, his vessels kept 18 hourglasses per ship. It was the job of a ship’s page to turn the hourglasses and thus provide the times for the ship’s log. Noon was the reference time for navigation, which did not depend on the glass, as the sun would be at its zenith."

this is what happens when you group a bunch of dudes with no chances of pussy: the genetic tools that are the inventive and boldness, used normally to attract females, are then put to use to impress your peers, and sheer push the glory of the monastery closer to god

Good question. I'm thinking about it, but I have alot of sorting out to do before I can take on such a big responsibility.
Priests can definitely affect change, in both a good way and a bad way. They are the shepherds of the flock and can lead people to salvation, it's a very big responsibility.

Good bumping Catholads.

Pic related: church I attended when I was in Geneva

I actually think the West can only be saved IF the calibre of priests increases. From a strictly worldy view, the Church is in a unqiue position to save the West because:

No political movement comes with the infrastructure (parish of hundreds, maybe 1000+ people who listen to you every Sunday, a school which you control, links with other members of the Church all over the world etc).

Many on here say 'if you want to save the West, have lots of kids', but you can only have 5,6,7,8 etc. As a priest, you have hundreds maybe thousands of spiritual children who you can encourage to have more kids.

tl:dr anyone who cared about the West would become a priest

how 2 strengthen faith

Live from Youth Meeting

youtube.com/watch?v=bBfzEB5BXe4

Do you have such meetings in your country?

Daily Reminder: Jesuit subversion of Protestant nations is behind the degeneracy tearing them apart.
Jesuit strategy has been the same for hundreds of years: sicken the populace, then heal them to hook them.
Don't fall for it.

The Church needs to move forward. Change a few things. As long as you won't allow priests to have sex they will keep raping little boys. Everytime on of these cases pop up it's very bad press for the Church.

And don't forget their stance on condoms. If they change that it could be a blessing for Africa, and thus indirectly the rest of the world.

A young man from my town was recently ordained. It was source of great pride for the town and I'm sorry I missed his ordination.

It's certainly a path that men who are sickened with the modern world should consider.

Thanks for the input brothers, I've been a Chad all my life and did a lot of degenerate things but recently I head the call and have been striving to better myself since, got my First Communion and been thinking about pursuing priesthood. It worries me the state in which the catholic faith is in my country, we see a lot of weird leftist priests who wrongfully indoctrinate the masses and only contribute to weakening the faith and to the end of western civilization.

Read about the saints of your country Spanish user
Daily reading of the Bible
Focus on saying your morning & night prayers

We have some sort of Catholic youth meeting. Think over 10,000 were there this year, but it was never really my thing. I've always prefered traditional over charismatic

Lol no

I know exactly what you mean user. Think South America has a particular problem with leftist clergy. But we can see it either as a problem or opportunity. We can remain lay members & lament state of our Church, or join ourselves &, like Christ when he whipped the moneylenders in the temple, join the priesthood & contribute to the cleansing of God's Church

It's Saturday you moron. Also, Catholics are Pagans. Checkem'

youtube.com/watch?v=kDKGvg6HeyY

thank you Jesus for killing more nigglets for thou art the God of White Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0 youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=70YDpSo2MRI
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc - 1.5x speed is recomended by user.

Spiritual = Being a hippy that just asks stupid questions.

Today I want to touch on the doctrine of Sola Fide. I have known for a while that many Protestants will simply hold out and refuse to join the Roman Catholic Church simply because of Sola Fide, believing that there was no Church tradition for it. I understand the doctrine I have asked plenty of questions and taken the time to make sure that I do understand it. Here are some quotes from some very reverred Church fathers that did in fact believe it. POpe Clement of Rome, who knew Peter and Paul who is mentioned in Philippians by name. And Saint Ambrose who taught Saint Augustine everything he knew. Saint Augustine did in fact believed in free will as did Ambrose (that's for another time).

Whosoever will candidly consider each particular, will recognise the greatness of the gifts which were given by him. For from him have sprung the priests and all the Levites who minister at the altar of God. From him also [was descended] our Lord Jesus Christ according to the flesh. Romans 9:5 From him [arose] kings, princes, and rulers of the race of Judah. Nor are his other tribes in small glory, inasmuch as God had promised, "Your seed shall be as the stars of heaven." All these, therefore, were highly honoured, and made great, not for their own sake, or for their own works, or for the righteousness which they wrought, but through the operation of His will. And we, too, being called by His will in Christ Jesus, are not justified by ourselves, nor by our own wisdom, or understanding, or godliness, or works which we have wrought in holiness of heart; but by that faith through which, from the beginning, Almighty God has justified all men; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. - 1 Clement to the Corinthians

Catholicism is the mystery Babylon religion.

First, we midt define terms. What does sola fide mean

IRENAEUS having enquired why the Law was ever given, seeing that Paul declares it to be injurious: S. Ambrose replies that it would have been useless, had we kept that natural law which is written on our hearts, and is found even in infants; but that, this being broken, the former became necessary, that it might take away all excuse by its manifestation of that sin which was afterwards removed by the grace of Christ.

Beginning of the Letter -
Greatly, it would seem, have you been moved by the lesson from the Apostle, having heard read to-day, Because the Law worketh wrath; for where no law is, there is no transgression. And therefore you have thought fit to ask why the Law was promulgated, if it profited nothing, nay rather, by working wrath and bringing in transgression, was injurious....

Now the world becomes guilty before God by the Law, in that all are made amenable to its prescripts, but no man is justified by its works. And since by the Law comes the knowledge of sin, but not the remission of guilt, the Law, which has made all sinners, would seem to have been injurious.....

But when the Lord Jesus came, He forgave all men that sin which none could escape, and blotted out the handwriting against us by the shedding of His own Blood. This then is the Apostle's meaning; sin abounded by the Law, but grace abounded by Jesus; for after that the whole world became guilty, He took away the sin of the whole world, as John bore witness, saying: Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. Wherefore let no man glory in works, for by his works no man shall be justified, for he that is just hath a free gift, for he is justified by the Bath. It is faith then which delivers by the blood of Christ, for Blessed is the man to whom sin is remitted, and, pardon granted.

Farewell, my son; love me, for I also love you

Letter 73 by saint Ambrose

This is sola fide

Ave Maria

Exodos 20:4

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

It means faith alone.But what it means is that man is first pardoned by God of his sins and guaranteed salvation. Meaning he certainly won't go to hell. He is justiifed by his faith meaning he is forgiven by God and declared righteous as a gift. They believe good works come as a result of ones faith is a part of the faith and required and necessary the disagreement with most normal catholics is that deeds come before this guarantee of not going to hell. BUt everyone agrees that if you are Jesus's friend you won't go to hell at least. I believe in purgatory, and that normies will have to be pruged further of their iniquity before going into paradise. My point is that you can hold to it if you really want. Some catholics believed there was scripture for it, but you don't have to. Its not heretical, if your talking about the actual doctrine of sola fide which does demand good deeds but in a different order.

Saint Ambrose believed that Peter was the first Pope.

I know the translation. I wanted you to say faith alone for salvation.

Jesus paid for all mans sin on the cross, but we must accept this gift through faith. Just because Jesus paid for all of mans sin does not mean all men are saved.

Exodus 25:18–20

"And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be".

KEKOLICKS BTFO

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Yeah I agree. I'm pretty old fashioned I believe that purgatory involves lots of fire

Romans 4King James Version (KJV)

4 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

>2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

>5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346

The second death is forever. Check Revelation 20.

Somehow I don't think that means you just have to say the magic words and poof, born again and saved.

I already discussed this look at the posts above. This doesn't mean that Peter wasn't the first pope. And the Church almost always has the best reasons for whatever they do. You are just falling for a bunch of memes

Image=idol

This is not an idol. The ark was filled with the presence of God.

Yeah I know but I didn't say normies would get GTFO into the lake of fire

Its called trusting in God for your souls salvation.

So why would saved individuals receive punishment for sins that Jesus already paid for?

>wheels in an ocean
God confirmed. Converting to Judaism.

I do hate that Jewish based religions(Christians,Muslims) keep shitting up our National Socialism board.

Spent my Thursdays after school getting Catholic classes so I could get baptized. Friends all called me a gay retard for it.

Did I make the right choice Jesus?

Matt 3:11

I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Well there are several categories of normies. And it all has to do with free will. Not everyone is ready or wants God's grace but they are more than willing to coperate with him. In the end some people just lack good judgement and need some purging. Like in this life God does repirmand you, to heal you not to "get even with your sin". Parents will do this with their children. If a child plays with a gun or says mean things at school they punish them to keep them safe and well, even while forgiving them. If you are able to get pass this and learn quickly without punishment then by all emans walk into paradise I won't stop you

Im not talking about normies.

Why would saved Christians go to purgatory if Jesus already paid for their sins?

Yeah sure. They're on God's good side and they want to cooperate and be loving. They really want to. They don't need to go to hell. Some people are on the fast track (Cannonized saints) and some people are onthe slow track. They might be on the fast track but then fall off, but usually not. It's like the Undying lands, it's great because of hte people that are allowed there not becase you wouldn't die if you reached it, heaven is a gated community

It's kosher switch tier heresy.

youtube.com/watch?v=NdbkvJznmwU

Don't even have to try to be a better person than you are. You're born again! You are saved! All you have to do is wait for the rapture!
You're just crying Lord, Lord. But that's not enough. Just Fait alone will be not be enough.

Compete to the end, my friend, then you will receive the crown of righteousness.

you're fat and stupid

Only saints go to heaven according to the Bible

Faith without works is dead
Faith saves.
Works does not save.

These ideas all coexist without conflicts.

Indeed. It is shameful that Christianity is so leftist today. If they had even read the Bible they would see that there are more right-oriented passages than leftism inside.

Of course, Christians usually either read the Bible or think about what it is written, not both. Christianity was devised to keep the masses stupid.

You cannot follow Jesus and be australian at the same time. Christians without weapons aren't Christian at all.
>Luke 22:36 "Now, however, He told them, the one with a purse should take it, and likewise a bag; and the one without a sword should sell his cloak and buy one."
But you tell this to """"""christians"""""" and they deny more than Peter denied Jesus.

When I mean normies I mean Chrisitan normies, your cafeteria catholics. GOd likes them. I don't have an issue with them either. They go mass the minimal times fine. But some people have baggage when they move on to the next life and theyll want God to handle it before the settle in.

You think this is somehting people don't want your wrong. Like Purgatorio from Dante, some men are doing physical feats but they want to to make something of themeslves and get fit, to prove to the world and God they are no longer silly goy. I'ts like in animu when the hero wants to go out ona crazy side quest. he needs to prove himself to his friends. There are others that are a part of the Church but are SOBS they aren't willing but God will purge them of their filth. THey met God halfway so God won't just screw them over hell work with it. and try them in thefire

Saint: anyone who is saved
Saved People: go to heaven

Remember if you go to purgatory YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT GO TO HELL. You are guaranteed salvation.

How would you anons strengthen youth's fate in Catholicism and its traditional values?

t. prottie considering of converting

at this rate we should take only the ones who want to persevere. we know since long time that quantity means nothing

The wages of sin is death. Thats the infinte seperation from God.

>You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven.

>God commands them to make an image of something that is in heaven

Is God confused?
Or are you just arbitrarily using your own definition of idol and image?

Exactly

Show them the degerenarcy pol has on threads all the time and show the policies of the catholic church and how this prevented that

>infinite separation

>if I make my bed in sheol thou art there oh God.

The Hebrew word translated “graven image” means literally “an idol.”

Sheol is not hell.

Sheol is where the old testament saints waited to go to heaven before Jesus performed the sacrifice on the cross.

Sheol is simply land of hte dead. This includes purgatory, hell, and Abraham's bosom.

Does anyone have any writings about Saint Worship (not veneration)? Promoting, discussing, or decrying it, I'm just interested in actual discussions on the subject by historical writers not just edgy Protestants reeing about Mary.

I'm not so much interested in Santa Muerte or Voodoo but won't complain about info on their practices.

Hell is empty.

Second Thessalonians 1:7–9 says that those who do not know God “will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction,away from the presence of the Lord

If it's empty now it's going to be pretty fucking full of edgelords really soon.

Deuteronomy 18:11 tells us that anyone who “consults with the dead” is “detestable to the Lord.”

Keks
Kinda sad tho desu

Reread my post, I'm interested in historical discussions about it, not what the Bible says.

Eh I'm not that sad.

God is omnipresent he is present in hell and everyone else. You cannot be "infintely Separated from God" no one is truly cut off from Him because if they were they would cease to exist. We depend on Him for our existence. Hell is a literal fire and God is present there in everyway

But the Saints are alive in heaven.

I personally believe hell will destroy the wicked's soul amd they cease to exist. Hell is a place of eternal rot. Not saying evil deeds will be first punished before the destruction of the soul, however.

So basically normies go to purgatory, youll have a few seasons in your own animu and get fit and fight some inner and outer demons. Realize you were a fucking normie and youll be allowed into paradise, your norminess is forgiven by grace and its all good

They will exist forever, it says forever and ever.
>Eternal rot
What an orthodox meme every verse in the bible about judgement and hell involves FIRE.