Coal: Why....?

Can someone tell me why we give a shit about coal mining in the 21st century?

Honest to god, Americans are fucking retarded and they have entire states that live off coal.

Fuck that country and coal in general is retarded.

Nostalgia that´s why

>jobs

cheap and clean :)

'Coal is obsolete' is a dumbass leftist meme.

>doesnt understand we sell coal to north korea

You mean China. Trump recently cut a deal with China so they would import US coal instead of NK coal.

because when US and China go to war all trade will be disrupted and domestic resources will become important and strategical recources abroad will be fought for

Organic chemist here.

Coal tar.

t. Orgo

Coal and oil discoveries are being made at depths in the crust way beyond the end of the fossil record. There's a big but subdued debate in the geology world about whether or not all fossil fuels are indeed fossils. There's mounting evidence that oil and coal could be natural byproducts of our planets high carbon core... much like diamonds.

I'm not for the continued use of those fuels. While they are relatively efficient in terms of energy, they're not sustainable from and environmental standpoint.

On the other hand, for every step the western world (Europe and North America) make in reducing emotions and pollution in general (over 25% reduction in last 17 years), nations like China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, Russia, and Central Asia (the stans) far outpace our reduction with new output. Something like 200%.

>Americans are fucking retarded and they have entire states that live off coal.

They have entire states;

We have entire country that lives off coal and it sure as hell isn't going to change anytime soon:

>Coal mafia managed to entrench itself and get enough comfy for all the foreseeable future

>No nuclear power, because le Chernobyl 2.0 imminent and because nuclear power is too commie for us to use

>No renewable energy sources, because these are for leftist faggots and need to be purged

>Coal has been used for so long that it can be considered our traditional fuel and you cannot be a patriot if you go against tradition

Looks like our 'bright' future is to buy electricity from Germany and convince ourselves it is for the best.

Because you chimps are ultra-retarded and won't let us build nuke plants.

I bet you're wishing you had refugees to bail you out of your energy crisis, huh?

Because america has still has a bustling steam railway system. Also steampunk is all the rage these days.

What made you arrive to this conclusion?

I want my country to be rapefugee-free and modern industry/technology-wise; are these goals mutually exclusive?

Refugees could build the solar/wind infrastructure of the modern century. You're going to fall so laughably far behind your German and English brothers who will overwhelm your tiny economy with a massive work force of new Europeans.

EROEI/EROI.

Learn about it, faggot. Pic related.

It's the primary component in steel. No coal, no buildings.

If your for coal than you will be killing sam hyde.

He lives right across the bridge from these towers and lacks health insurance for respiratory problems.

coal is going to be in use for about 50-100 years past when petroleum is a viable resource for the common man.. that is if civilization doesn't collapse without plastic and cheap fuel

like your mom, before I got a hold of her. Now she's just cheap.

Coal is the cheapest most plentiful fossil fuel. 100 years of it left. Gas only 60, oil only 40.

>leaf
>eternally cucked
>day of the rake