US ECONOMY ON VERGE OF TOTAL COLLAPSE

US ECONOMY ON VERGE OF TOTAL COLLAPSE

#1 According to Challenger, the number of job cuts in May was 71 percent higher than it was in May 2016.

#2 We just witnessed the third worst drop in U.S. construction spending in the last six years.

#3 U.S. manufacturing PMI fell to an 8 month low in May.

#4 Financial stocks have lost all of their gains for the year, and some analysts are saying that this is “a terrible sign”.

#5 One new survey has found that 39 percent of all millionaires “plan to avoid investing in the coming month”. That is the highest that figure has been since December 2013.

#6 Jobless claims just shot up to a five week high of 248,000.

#7 General Motors just reported another sales decline in May, and it is being reported that the company may be preparing for “more job cuts at its American factories”.

#8 After an initial bump after Donald Trump’s surprise election victory, U.S. consumer confidence is starting to fall.

#9 Since Memorial Day, Radio Shack has officially shut down more than 1,000 stores.

#10 Payless has just increased the number of stores that it plans to close to about 800.

#11 According to the Los Angeles Times, it is being projected that 25 percent of all shopping malls in the United States may close within the next five years.

#12 Over the past 12 months, the number of homeless people living in Los Angeles County has risen by a staggering 23 percent.

Other urls found in this thread:

blackrock.com
reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-construction-idUSKBN18S5EC
normangeestar.net/2017/06/03/construction-spending-fell-1-4-in-april/
journalgazette.net/business/20170602/job-market-growing-at-sustainable-rate
econotimes.com/US-consumer-sentiment-likely-stayed-elevated-in-April-construction-spending-to-have-recovered-726594
lancasteronline.com/opinion/columnists/time-to-drop-hammer-on-old-public-construction-project-law/article_f0841a24-3402-11e7-8698-c3c37de2775f.html
wvgazettemail.com/news-business/20170531/contractors-group-backs-justice-infrastructure-plan-in-wake-of-job-losses
constructiondive.com/news/architecture-billings-stay-in-positive-territory-for-third-straight-month/443391/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>55
oh fug

Going to need some sources on these figures m10

Half that shit is due to internet shopping

Black Friday, 2017
Retail apocalypse

>it is being projected that 25 percent of all shopping malls in the United States may close within the next five years.

Good. Malls are cancer

maybe some of you sjw reeeeetards need to get to work.

All those stores closings is just a shift 2 online ordering...

>tfw never really got to go to a mall & now never will

Crypto.

US has been predicted to have ~0-1% growth this year for a while, nothing new here.
You should be more worried about CA/AUS/CN

Bullshit, all my stock has increased hugely in the last three months.

Telsa and Activision have almost doubled, EA and Nvida have gone up 50%.

I'm selling Tesla Monday though.

RIP carbon credits.

what?

Really, not one sauce?

That must be a shitty job to hand count the homeless people in LA. I wonder how they get such detailed stats that some faggot ass Chinaman like OP can use it as evidence the world is going to end.

Should I take all my money out of the bank?

You've never been to a mall unless you've been to a mall in 1998. It was a magical time.

>Radio Shack
>Payless

Individual stocks going up does not mean anything.
Most indexes are flat or ~-1% since the start of the year.
Furthermore markets are not representative of how well the economy is doing, especially with the inflated asset prices we have today.

yes

>Should I take all my money out of the bank?

Your money should be in the stock market. You should take it out of there and put it in an Ally account, which returns 1% interest

After the market crashes, put it all back in to an S&P 500 index fund and let it ride.

If you had done this at the bottom of the crash in 2009 you would have tripled your money in 8 years

Way to go Drumpfydumpelkittenskittles

Actually I lied large caps are still growing.

Might as well link the ZeroHedge article, OP.

>After the market crashes, put it all back in to an S&P 500 index fund and let it ride.

I dont know how that works..any videos or something that explains it?

If we go, you all go.

>Radio Shack

Hang onto your butts, we're headed for total collapse

blackrock.com

Radioshack needs to die.

>need a new set of bluetooth headphones
>every set is $40+
>fuck it ill buy a cheap reg pair of headphones and order the bluetooth ones online
>they want $15 for shitty wired headphones
>was going to buy em anyhow but waited at counter for a clerk for a couple min said "fuck it" and left
>got a pair of headphones at 7-11 for $8
>ordered a set of bluetooth headphones for $10

Fuck radioshack they fail at everything

I only have $600 in the bank.

Kek. You underestimate how much the world hates your government. Everybody is just itching to jump ship and leave you in the black.

Canadians have cancelled all vacation trips to usa.

Nice slide thread faggot.
CHECK THE THE FUCKING OP ID TO SEE HOW MANY POST HE HAS. Y'ALL KEKS IN A SLIDE THREAD

>online shopping wipes out countless businesses
>millions of people out of work
>have to get on government assistance
>manufacturing jobs and construction jobs freeze because now no one is buying anything anymore because no money
>as such even more people are unemployed
>government can't afford to give handouts to so many people
>mass riots and looting
GOOD THING I GOT THOSE DEALS ON AMAZON

Wrong

The businesses are multinational and they're what matters, faggot

Collapse is upon them.

get a coinbase account and put yo money in coin

no shit sherlock

it's already happened dum dum

>bait

I see you faggots are now coming back to deny claims.

Fuck out of here reddit leaf.

2017 to 2020 will have lowest US tourism rate in history. Economy of all tourism dependent locations goes to shit. Thanks trump.

FUCK YOUR SLIDE THREAD

>#9 Since Memorial Day, Radio Shack has officially shut down more than 1,000 stores.
>#11 According to the Los Angeles Times, it is being projected that 25 percent of all shopping malls in the United States may close within the next five years.

Fake slide thread, economy is booming

yeah no

where do you think they will vacation? in the cold version of australia?

i dont think so leaf eater

So you qouted everyone? Seems to me youre the one trying to slide something here...

The economy has been propped up on nothing since the election m8

Look at the bust that is about to happen in Bitcoin to.

>The businesses are multinational
They're also Jewish and need to die

>you should be forced to waste time and resources to adhere to an archaic shopping process

logistics is next. if a job can be automated, it should be and it will be. maybe learn a real trade instead of "salesman" or "shop assistant".

kill yourself shill rat

God damn it feels good to know these posts are driven by fear spawned by Soros et al to help them on their shorts.

hmmm

Yes there were less jobs created last month.

What do you think is behind the drop in construction?

>- U.S. construction spending recorded its biggest drop in a year in April as investment in both private and public projects fell, but a sharp upward revision to the prior month's data pointed to underlying strength.

The Commerce Department said on Thursday that construction spending tumbled 1.4 percent. Spending in March was revised to show it jumping 1.1 percent to a record $1.24 trillion.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast construction spending increasing 0.5 percent in April after a previously reported 0.2 percent drop in March. Construction spending increased 6.7 percent from a year ago.

t. reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-construction-idUSKBN18S5EC

>Not getting peoples attention
What are you a faggot?

>mass replier

Gas yourself

>Y'all

Double the gas.

oh looksie wooksie there, it's that flag again

Goodness gracious, I almost read the entire post and responded to it

You just gotta talk right out of your ass in every thread, dontcha, leaf?

Your economy is a ticking time bomb because of housing - we're in far better shape then you are.

>radioshacks closing
>malls closing
>homeless people in LA
so what changed?

Dumbass. I work in the construction business and I can assure you it is not slowing down. It's the busiest it's been in a decade for sure. Atleast in Florida

post bloody sources then, idiot

oh boy a leaf slide thread

get fucked brown boi

>bumping a shill slide thread
Get out you double nigger.

Do newfags not realize that post counts are per thread?

Thanks to trump? Ha ha did you forget about bush and obama fag?

Go open an account at Meryl Lynch, and let them do it for you. If you don't understand that, you're literally throwing your money away.

Hire someone to invest for you, then start reading blogs and investment articles and learning how it works. You should be able to make your first trade yourself in about 2 years.

economy is tanking because trump and republicans are too cowardly to:
1. dump obamacare
2. cut taxes.

WELL YOU QUOTED EVERYONE
WAS THE NEXT STEP OF YOUR EXCEEDINGLY RETARDED PLAN?

Hey Op, how does it feel to be a shortsellers wet dream? A peon spreading fear for no reason.

Radioshack has been gone for almost 2 years. Everyone has known they were closing.

God damn you are a complete fucking moron (also a poor person.)

It must suck to be you, working for shortsellers for free. (IE: SOROS RN).

It is not happening.

You are a canadian faggot.

Fuck off eternally.

I think most newfags don't even bother to check. Seriously we need to educate are newfags.

>Construction activity has been one of the bright spots for the economy over the past year, and the big decline in April is expected to be temporary.

normangeestar.net/2017/06/03/construction-spending-fell-1-4-in-april/

>U.S. construction fell in April by the largest amount in a year, reflecting weakness in homebuilding, non-residential construction and government projects.

The Commerce Department reported Thursday that construction spending fell 1.4 percent in April, the biggest drop since a 2.9 percent fall in April of last year. The decline left spending at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1.22 trillion.

Construction activity has been one of the bright spots for the economy over the past year, and the big decline in April is expected to be temporary. Analysts are forecasting that construction will provide continued fuel for the economy in the coming year.

journalgazette.net/business/20170602/job-market-growing-at-sustainable-rate

>implying the next economic crash won't be caused by the auto and student loan industries

California will definitely collapse
I'm stuck here on probation for 18 months and can't leave the state. Press F to pay respects.

Malls are underrated. They're great if you live somewhere cold and shitty (like Chicago or Seattle for example) and you want to walk around a bit in a well lit, uplifting open environment with tons of high school girls walking around in yoga pants and such. I would have been depressed as fuck during Seattle winters were it not for the malls there. Also, they're the only place that you can get these delicious pretzels and that cheap, salty, Americanized teriyaki chicken.

Sup Forums doesn't make newfags lurk moar. That used to be the motto on this site 10 years ago. Now Sup Forums just invites in filthy newfag hobos off the streets of the internet.

To notify that this is a slide thread bitch. You should be smart enough to google or notice others saying not to post in a slide thread.
Don't be an unintelligent redditcuck.

Here's a better article imo.

The U.S. Conference Board’s consumer confidence index had dropped a bit in April. The index for May is set to be released next week, shedding light on whether the confidence has topped, albeit at the highest levels since the 2000. It is still a mystery as to why sentiment is elevated but spending is so subdued. This is perhaps partly explained by no inflation-adjusted wage gains.

Also, consumer concerns regarding the economics concept of permanent income might be a contributing factor. Rising confidence is usually a very late-cycle phenomenon that comes after pent-up demand has been released when jobless rate is low and when stock prices are high.

Meanwhile, the U.S. construction spending is expected to have recovered in April from a slight drop in March that followed a very solid beginning to 2017, said Scotiabank in a research report.

econotimes.com/US-consumer-sentiment-likely-stayed-elevated-in-April-construction-spending-to-have-recovered-726594

If you don't have a plan to eternally ban leafposting (which should happen desu) let him have his thread user. Mass replies will earn you nothing but contempt. Your reputation may never recover from this alone, much less your continued impotent effort at justifying a fucking mass reply.

Student loans are a joke

Not a slide thread

$600? You have no business being in investments. Get a job where you can scrape a couple hundred per month AFTER your bills are paid and you've fully contributed to a 401K.

Less than $5000 in the market is a waste of time.

Looks like states looking to streamline their outdated legislation.

>Pennsylvania has lots of old laws.

Take the 1933 liquor monopoly. Or its 1936 “temporary” (yet still in place) 18 percent Johnstown Flood Tax.

You’re likely aware of ongoing efforts to bust the monopoly to get our slouching-toward-insolvency state more money.

Well, here comes another old-timer: the Separations Act of 1913.

It’s one more controversial thing Pennsylvania does — because it always has — that might not make much sense anymore.

It mandates that public construction projects of $4,000 or more (and, yes, that number has been the same for 104 years now) have separate contracts for plumbing, electrical and such, instead of just one contract.

Know how many other states do that? Two: New York and North Dakota.

Know how many private-sector jobs run that way? Apparently none.

So there’s an argument that many contracts instead of one means inefficiency, delays, litigation and cost overruns on state, municipal and school construction.

Pittsburgh attorney David Scotti, a nationally recognized construction law expert, says there’s “no doubt” that the law drives up cost: “If this was economically smart, you’d see the private sector doing it.”

t. lancasteronline.com/opinion/columnists/time-to-drop-hammer-on-old-public-construction-project-law/article_f0841a24-3402-11e7-8698-c3c37de2775f.html

Then what is it you faggot? Are you short right now? Losing your ass faggot? What is the point of this false information? You have to be short.

LOL Everyone laugh at this guy.

I have less than $100. I've been eating soup for the past week

Student loans are backed by the Fed, dummy.

What the fuck do you think is going on right now? You are the newfag and you need to lurkmore.

>Reputation
This isn't reddit, fuck out of here shill.

You have not even contribute to your own thread but only to come out when I accuse you of slide.
This is a slide thread.

it is called America is catching up with all the free gibs, pic related

Well Im only 20 so thats a few years out. But I'll remember that advice, thanks user!

>I've been here all month
>I learned about the memes on plebbit
Get out, cancer.

Yea, that's how shilling works you fucking pleb.

bump

this thread

West Virginia looking pretty backward by raising taxes to pay for new infrastructure, so it's not completely good news.

>Under Justice’s plan, an estimated $2.8 billion in bonds would be sold to fund various highway and other infrastructure projects. The bonds would be paid for by raising the Division of Motor Vehicles license fee from $30 to $50, raising and extending tolls on the West Virginia Turnpike and raising the excise tax on gasoline by 10 cents per gallon, among other methods.
t. wvgazettemail.com/news-business/20170531/contractors-group-backs-justice-infrastructure-plan-in-wake-of-job-losses

What are you even arguing faggot, all you have done is act like this place is reddit.
>not knowing what sage is

>Radio Shack has officially shut down more than 1,000 stores.
Are they even relevant at this point

ITS ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSING? IS IT CLOSER NOW THEN WHEN YOU MADE THIS THREAD 3 MONTHS AGO?

I know what it is, you cancer posting faggot. I intentionally bumped this piece of shit thread because you're being a cunt.

Hey this it's a lot of data to gather don't be mean.

>#4 Financial stocks have lost all of their gains for the year

OP is a faggot.

It seems the so-called experts weren't basing their predictions for new construction projects for next month on nothing...

>Dive Brief:

Demand for design services stayed positive for a third-straight month, despite falling back in April, with the American Institute of Architects' latest Architecture Billings Index coming in at 50.9 for the month, compared to 54.3 in March and 50.7 in February. The ABI is an indicator of future construction spending with a nine- to 12-month lead.
Within the index, the institutional sector saw its fourth-consecutive month of growth at a score of 54.0 in April. The multifamily residential and mixed-practice sectors, however, dropped slightly, with the multifamily category dipping below the breakeven point to a score of 49.9, and the mixed-practice segment dipping modestly to a reading of 53.4. The commercial/industrial sector rebounded in April to a score of 52.4, reaching above the breakeven point for the first time since January.
The sub-index tracking project inquiries increased to a score of 60.2 in April from 59.8 in March. Design contracts also grew modestly, from 52.3 in March to 53.2 in April.

t. constructiondive.com/news/architecture-billings-stay-in-positive-territory-for-third-straight-month/443391/