CERN BUILDING A NEW COLLIDER 3X SIZE OF LHC

What can this mean?
Was LHC an epic fail?
Do we now have many years before we have to worry about these crazy fuckers destroying the planet?
sciencealert.com/work-is-already-beginning-on-the-large-hadron-collider-s-replacement

Other urls found in this thread:

press.cern/backgrounders/safety-lhc
media.giphy.com/media/ZJ4tB7mqOtwiI/giphy.gif
milesmathis.com/higgs.pdf
milesmathis.com/higgs2.pdf
milesmathis.com/higgs3.pdf
milesmathis.com/phycor.html
extremetech.com/extreme/186999-what-happens-if-you-get-hit-by-the-main-beam-of-a-particle-accelerator-like-the-lhc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

waste of money

fpbp

Didn't the LHC costs hundreds of millions?
This thing could cost a TRILLION dollars
They must be looking for something real important

Unscientific people FEAR particle-colliders.
>my portals
>my black holes
>my underpants

Substitutes For Conventional War
Report From Iron Mountain, Like Pyramid building it consumes $$$ wealth / resourses , so status quo is kept stable , managable by rulers.

they admit they are creating black holes you Polish mongoloid

So what, you paranoid brainlet?

/sci/ here

LHC is widely regarded by the scientific community as both a success and a massive disappointment. it failed to revolution physics in any meaningful way and only discovered the Higgs that the standard model already predicted

I want to know what the fuck they are doing and why the fuck is it worth a trillion dollars

>my

They evaporate almost instantly. You have to make a blackhole pretty massive for it to not evaporate. The energy levels in LHC aren't high enough to create the kind of mass to make a planet destroying blackhole.

prediction means shit.

>muh

Oh no scarwy science man making evil machines again :(

I mean, fuck them right? Lets spend all our money on military to fight wars we'll never win.

>they admit they are creating black holes you Polish mongoloid
they say the exact opposite

press.cern/backgrounders/safety-lhc
>According to the well-established properties of gravity, described by Einstein’s relativity, it is impossible for microscopic black holes to be produced at the LHC.

>MUH PARTICLES
OK, seriously, when is last time science has done something tangible for us? Like, has science done anything in useful in the last decade or so? Science is seriously slacking off. They better make their precious particles do something cool next time.

I always wonder how these things get built. Can a regular contractor be put in charge of that?

This can be the only reasonable conclusion. If they need a bigger one this one was a massive failure

Going to tinfoil real quick here.
>Tests LHC, find out it is capable of immense destruction.
>Hey we can weaponize this
>If we(EU) build a big enough one, we can threaten to destroy the planet if people don't give into our demands.
>Fourth Reich

el. psy. congroo

what's the roi

these scientists just wasting more money all they need to do is open the bible

That's a giant cheapo, if there is such a thing. My guess is that it is a lot more serious than that.

the fuck if they do! They admit that they make millions of tiny black holes. This isn't even argued

Modern physics in a nutshell

Fucking d-mails ruining the world again

>millions

Good one. Billions.

>i have no sauce
i literally provided you a link from their website you dense fuck

they were hoping to find something unexpected because the standard model as it currently exists is a scientific dead end

They do but they dissipate as soon as they're made. It takes unfathomable amounts of energy to create one that's substantially destructive.

Is it really a problem? Smashing even more particles together is more productive than killing each other over stupid reasons.

That's exactly the point, all that was discovered was something that was already explained and expected, it wasn't something unexpected, hence it didn't revolutionize physics.

I know right? Theoretical physics has given us nothing in 100 yrs

The current doorway wasn't quite big enough for the demons to fit through

Does that mean we'll never explore the stars and shoot alien dindoos

>MUH WEED
OK, seriously, when is last time Canada has done something tangible for us? Like, has Canada done anything in useful in the last decade or so? Canada is seriously slacking off. They better make their precious leaves do something cool next time.

Don't worry, black science guy will dumb it down for all of us

probably not, at the rate we're going. the human lifespan is too short to explore anything without superluminal travel

ayyy lmaos could still come to us tho

LHC is the third gen collider right? Each early gen providing boost to the next. So is this fourth installment going to work with the others, or is it a solo project?

my bad..you know what I was getting at

Why hasn't it done anything more though? The thing was just fucking built.

>academia finding elaborate ways to burn vast sums of money
not remotely surprised

Demons are THICC

lol

yes, open the bible and throw it into the ocean.

da fuck, even colliders are following smartphone upgrade schedules

I'll just wait for the LHC 5s

We're the world's leader in matters of tolerance. We were the first postnational state.
Just nuke us already.

it's constantly being taken offline for repairs and calibrations. everything happens very slowly and it takes forever to parse the petaflops of data it generates every day

They are among us

probably looking for Japanese shaman girls.

Hey this money should be going to feeding Muhammad's eight kids! Who do those europeans think they are?

>failing economics
>paying for mud people
>let's build shit that will possibly lead to discoveries that may be useful decades in the future at best

LOL

t. phd in physics ain't even larping

>OK, seriously, when is last time science has done something tangible for us?
media.giphy.com/media/ZJ4tB7mqOtwiI/giphy.gif

It's better at getting laid than you are LMAO

There's a lack of scientists to analize that data. They need moar physicists.

I can't wait till the opening ceremony!

Well we better start now so it'll be useful earlier

>Do we now have many years before we have to worry about these crazy fuckers destroying the planet?

worry about terrorists destroying other peoples lives before you worry about science that you do not understand.

How big of hardons do they need to collide here? This shits getting gayer than AIDS

THREE TIMES THE BUTTHURT

enjoy anti leftist memery op

you'll have full socioeconomic collapse far before that point

Honestly, scientists killing us all by colliding atoms that could create a blackhole sounds like a bitchin way to go out.

don't tell me what to do

Biology is expanding at an insane rate. Genomics is in a crazy position rn thanks to modern computers and its only going to get bigger, the fields in a boom

Or we could spend it on that wall

Some poor Russian basterd was changing a light bulb in one of those things when his head got pierced by a proton. Look it up.

/pol is the board where the future of the race is at stake, so you need to have children, but coming up with the science our children will enjoy is retarded

> /pol

Why didn't they build it 3 times bigger the first time?

>Was LHC an epic fail?
No, they did what they set out to do, find the Higgs boson.

>implying it will ever be useful if shitskins inherit the earth.
They'll blow up the planet with it once it's in their hands.

>Can threaten to destroy the planet if people don't give into our demands
>"Lol, not like we'll get caught or anything"

Actually not a bad idea on second thought.

>Why is CERN at the Bilderberger meeting?
>This happens

kek

>the standard model as it currently exists is a scientific dead end
Hardly, it's pretty amazing if you comprehend it properly.

Wouldn't make any sense, something like the LHC with the amazing sounding 13 TeV is actually just 2.08283e-6 Joules. Literally, even your farts have more energy than that, you waste magnitudes of energy far higher than that by just moving your joints.

The only reason those effects are seem is due to the extremely high energy density, and this amount of energy is only meaningful because of that, due to it being applied to a very small area (ie very small, very light particles), and it's not even to only one particle, it's divided between two particles going in opposite directions.

If anyone wants threaten destruction, there's nukes already.

Biochemist here
Sometimes it takes decades for a breakthrough to really be understood and be applied to technology. The electron was discovered in 1897. I'm sure people were saying whoopdyfuckindoo when it first happened. But understanding the behavior of the electron is what allowed us to make things like semi-conductors which make microprocessors possible.

I think further understanding of subatomic particles could result in future breakthroughs that are as important as computers are for us today.

Then there are fields like fusion which have the potential to generate nearly limitless amounts of low cost electricity. We can get fusion reactors to work now, but only for like 10 seconds before they have to be shut down because they are so hot. Nobody has yet gotten one to run long enough to generate more power than it takes to start up. But scientists do think it is feasible.

My education is mostly in biochem and genetics. I think we are on the verge of a genetic revolution. I think we will see the cure for many diseases and possibly all types of cancer in the next few decades. Once we can totally control a genome and edit DNA completely there is almost no limit to what can be done. But it also raises all kinds of ethical questions.

And then you have people like Elon Musk who wants to die on Mars and is making rockets that could seriously accomplish that goal. Colonizing another planet would be a huge step.

I think science is on the verge of doing lots of amazing things.

But seriously, where the fuck is my flying car and sex slave robot?

>Gigantic vulnerable structure that doesn't work if any part of it is breached/damaged
yeah, that'll work real well dipshit

I heard one physicist talk about how the energy of the impacts in the LHC is the equivalent of a mosquito running into you.

Just don't make any micro singularities, you rascals.

Planetary spagettification is a hell of a drug.

milesmathis.com/higgs.pdf
milesmathis.com/higgs2.pdf
milesmathis.com/higgs3.pdf
admitted that their supercomputers all over the world are used for, among other things, “the generation and detailed detector simulation of Monte Carlo (MC) event samples.” at least some physicists working at the LHC were not happy with the math and models being used. A major part of that math turns out to be Monte Carlo random sampling, which is a “crude” math that physicists use only when they are desperate. Basically, when your physical models have proved to be incapable of worthwhile predictions, Monte Carlo is used to force the data to show you something out of nothing. I discovered that some of the physicists and engineers at LHC knew enough of this sort of math to realize that Monte Carlo meant the famous theorists were lost and were rolling dice.
The rest of section 4 is a description of computer simulations. It should concern you that so much of the Higgs search has depended on computer modeling. Computer modeling is notoriously suspect even in the firmest fields, since it encourages and abets faking. But here in particle physics, which is not at all firm, modeling is used in the same way Monte Carlo is, to manufacture whatever the theorist or modeler wishes to have. It is used to back-engineer and forward-engineer virtual data, and the experiments themselves are then fit to the models. Of course this is upside-down, since the data should be primary. You can almost always find a way to fit data into a model after the fact, but since any number of other models could also force the data to fit

>trying to bring us back to the original timeline now that Trump has hijacked this one

large hadron collider was offensive to obese people so the new one will be referred to as the Healthy Hadron Collider

No it isn't, you fucking brainlet.

>A major part of that math turns out to be Monte Carlo random sampling, which is a “crude” math that physicists use only when they are desperate.
That's not what MC is. It's just a way to efficiently explore the parameter space of your model.

Looks like they need more power to open the gate to hell.

>Linear Algebra was fucking useless for 100 years
>revolutionized the world to the extent of using this basket weaving forum as a means of telling everyone "well I got mine"
fuck off cuck. I care about my future lineage virginfag

milesmathis.com/phycor.html
PHYSICS IS CORRUPT
this corruption is not limited to science. The modern world is corrupt in all ways, at all levels. Banking, the stock market, politics, education, economics, we all know the stories there.
most people would not admit the same of physics. Physics has always been the queen of the sciences, touted from the beginning as the most pure. Somehow this cloak of purity has kept its threads over the centuries, protecting physics from its ultimate collapse. The magazines have run a successful interference for physics in recent decades, convincing the gullible mainstream with press releases and pretty pictures and big claims of relevance. But physics is no different from banking or art. I have shown that it has suffered the same precipitous decline in quality and scruple. We may assume its Watergate or Climategate is just around the corner. The Large Hadron Collider may be the required scandal.

>better not advance our species, niggers might benefit
niggers are who we sell the tech to, to line our pockets. Stop being short sighted.

A "super LHC" has been planned for many years, physicists are always going to want to explore higher energy collisions and that means bigger accelerators. But the LHC was a big success and will continue to do useful science, probably for decades, with upgrades and new detectors. It's very useful to have several high energy accelerators so they can crosscheck each other's findings.

cern was fail, now it's ALL IN, string fags want to find the fucking Super symmetry, if they make the 3x bigger collider and find super symmetry then it will be all good, if not then it would be really bad.

A few years ago, I read something about what CERN is doing. Particularly, there was some concern that certain collisions would create "mini" black holes. The concern was what would happen if the black holes were created and didn't dissipate immediately, like they were theorized to do. Would the evaporate, or would gravity simply pull them towards the core, where they'd sit until Earth's destruction?

Every time I think about CERN and about future CERN-like facilities, I get worried about unforeseen consequences. I'm not nearly smart enough to understand if "permanent black holes" are even possible, but when scientists start fucking with physics, it bothers me a bit. Then again, understanding how space works, and paving the way towards a multi-planet species, is one of the most fascinating things in life.

Anyway, does anyone else get concerned with CERN and their experiments?

Niggers need to be killed.
We don't need them in any way.
I do like the idea of a planet killswitch that gets tripped when they take control though.

Engineers be smurt.

Time Travel

black holes are entirely philosophical, not theorized scientifically

>Physics is corrupt
Just stop. Physics is a pillar of white culture, and ingenuity. It still remains so. Point your hate towards sociology, that is the jew science.

Pretty much, but since the energy is very concentrated on very fast moving particles, if you shoved yourself on the way it'd feel like getting hit by a very very very tiny atomic sized railgun, I don't know if it'd be enough to cause a physical hole to appear, but certainly expect damage, especially due to the radiation.

ex:
extremetech.com/extreme/186999-what-happens-if-you-get-hit-by-the-main-beam-of-a-particle-accelerator-like-the-lhc

k den

why don't you move to yurop then. I'm sure it will be beautiful 100 years from now :)