What sort of music does Sup Forums listen to?

What sort of music does Sup Forums listen to?

26 year old degenerate musician here. I've been in bands (on guitar) but haven't made anything myself. Over the last couple of years I've learned how to sing, play keys, play drums on a sampler and I've collected a cool setup of old synths, drum machines, effects, amps etc. but I have really broad taste in music and I'm not focused on any style in particular...

What music would Sup Forums have me make?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3eV9lBciavQ&list=PLFE3ABB25A457C47F
youtube.com/watch?v=qe6hHnHUQVk
youtube.com/watch?v=bNuYGxMV-xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PcRyjkYdDxM
youtube.com/watch?v=JGEJOAsQX2w
youtube.com/watch?v=HaBK0dBV47E
youtube.com/watch?v=f_kGXYw18Qc
youtube.com/watch?v=NZf15xVrOW8
youtube.com/watch?v=zxPbwO4q4DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lY7sXKGZl2w
youtube.com/watch?v=mph2mZReGHk
youtube.com/watch?v=p9YnHEGcabU
youtube.com/watch?v=mJuo7vFK5Lk
youtu.be/BcgNfShR8cw
youtube.com/watch?v=ULZOgcHXwXw
youtube.com/watch?v=jy953u5FDwA
youtu.be/-sEqzEgDZ0g
youtu.be/8uKq-AiD0cU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have a similar setup.

OP, I'm really struggling with motivation.
I've got all the kit but I just don't feel like recording anything.
Do you have any tips or advice for me?
Thx.

Holy fucking shit you mongs

Write music about the things you're afraid to talk about, that you would never express in public. The thing that's locked deep inside of you, fighting to get out - that's music.

>What music would Sup Forums have me make?
If you want to make what other people want, make pop. It's the definition of your question.

New Retro Wave is the shit. Its all I listen to.

we have the same problem bro, you're asking the wrong person for advice haha
It's not so much what to write about, I have a heap of lyrics I'm working on, but I don't know what to do with them.

Start a band? Produce it myself? What genre ballpark am I going to do it in? I'm just looking for suggestions because my own brainstorming has gone nowhere these past couple of days

>I've learned how to sing, play keys, play drums on a sampler and I've collected a cool setup of old synths, drum machines, effects, amps etc. but I have really broad taste

Threshold question is: do you have anything to say?

youtube.com/watch?v=3eV9lBciavQ&list=PLFE3ABB25A457C47F

Free jazz exclusively

Metal

Fuck off Roman

Shitty deathcore, punk, slam metal, etc

youtube.com/watch?v=qe6hHnHUQVk

I listen to anything

youtube.com/watch?v=bNuYGxMV-xQ

only völkisch traditional teutonenmusik for this aryan ubermensch

youtube.com/watch?v=PcRyjkYdDxM

Cheers guys, suggestions are appreciated.

>do you have anything to say?
I have lots to say. Much of what I write about is difficult to frame in a lyrical context, but I believe if I can make it work lyrically that what I'll be saying will be of substance.

Interesting... what is this?

Don't tempt me... I know enough about music to appreciate free jazz, but I don't want to be that guy

>not listening to soviet rock
youtube.com/watch?v=JGEJOAsQX2w

>26 year old degenerate musician here.

youtube.com/watch?v=HaBK0dBV47E

>Interesting... what is this?

Royksopp, some nordic electronica. first thing that came to mind when i saw the Moog. second might be some 80s stuff like human league, flock of seagulls, etc.

Holy shit this thread is better than I could've hoped for haha. Moving a bit too fast for me to reply to everyone, but keep this shit coming guys!

We need more right wingers in your position. Do what the left does- make propaganda. Use music to *subtly* hint at nationalistic anti-degeneracy beliefs

This.

>learned how to sing
>play keys
>drums on a sampler

Awesome, go for an electro-industrial or aggrotech sound...

Or, a classic muscle and hate EBM (Electronic Body Music) sound..

youtube.com/watch?v=f_kGXYw18Qc

Also a musician here. I've been on television, been on the radio, had a best-selling album (through an online distributor) and toured a bit.

I make classical music now, but I want to market towards the Sup Forums demographic. Not really sure how to combine the two.

youtube.com/watch?v=NZf15xVrOW8

even decent antidegenerate music like Jurassic 5 has limited reach/appeal.

australians can't into music

post punk/early goth, folk music from mongolia and bulgaria and shit like that, jpop and other garbage, electronic music, death grips and kanye, various meme genres (vaporwave, synthwave, witchhouse), other stuff

I want girls to drink my pee

ok, i partly take it back. i think Foo Fighters is pretty antidegenerate. Cake kinda is, too, but it isn't obvious to everyone that they are mocking our popular culture

>soviet rock
all of my yes

I knew Sup Forums would be into weird shit I hadn't heard before

I was thinking about this desu. I'm not exactly right or left wing, but the lyrics I'm working on are intended to make people question what they believe, what they choose to block out etc. I want to write lyrics that make people think, and music that leaves them open to considering perspectives they might have avoided for whatever reason.

>aggrotech
yes. I needed this. I don't know enough electronic genres and I've been wanting to listen to harder stuff.

Anybody play guitar?I have been playing for a little bit but all I know how to play is power cords.Switching between chords and plucking them individually is a little hard for me.I know how to play just about any blink 182 songs since they are fucking easy but still have trouble picking single chords.

Pitbull tribute band

Vaportrap is most redpilled music to be making as of now fampai

youtube.com/watch?v=zxPbwO4q4DQ

Vaporwave and ambient

youtube.com/watch?v=lY7sXKGZl2w

I'm a guitar teacher. What area do you live in?

Fingerpicking? Just practice as slow as you need to to confidently follow the pattern

>muh sides
Belushi was based at his peak
awwww shit yes!!!!!!
more of this
>Vaportrap
I'm sold on the name of the genre alone, will check it out

Mr. bungle and other Mike Patton shit. Also Primus.

>aggrotech
>yes. I needed this. I don't know enough electronic genres and I've been wanting to listen to harder stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=mph2mZReGHk

youtube.com/watch?v=p9YnHEGcabU

youtube.com/watch?v=mJuo7vFK5Lk

If you need to be told what kind of music you should make, you shouldn't be making music because it will be nothing but noise pollution anyway.

krautrock

I listen to a lot of shit also teahcing myself how to compose, manily pop and classical it' s a new genre I'll hopefully purevy into the future

Georgia desu

I've played drums for almost a decade. I'm alright, but mostly self taught.

I just really wanna make a good traditional rock album. Sadly everyone in my area is interested in that nu-male soft rock sound, or DJ/hip-hop oriented stuff.

I'm in a similar situation, have a bunch of synths and drum machines, etc, and have been really frustrated by not being able to record anything of value. Recently I was reading a thread somewhere about people experiencing the same thing, and someone said something about viewing all these instruments not as tools, and not sitting down at them as an obligation to create something, but instead view them as something you're supposed to have fun with, essentially what a child does with Legos, but with sound.

Just have fun and enjoy making sounds. And I've tried to have this mindset and found myself not only making more melodies I found appealing, but being less stressed out. Ultimately I think if you have thousands of dollars of gear and you're not making music it does seem kind of pointless, and a waste, but you can't get caught up and forget to just have fun and enjoy yourself.

I listen to mostly EDM (prog house and TECHNO) but also listen to a lot of blues, I am a guitar player at heart and blues moves my soul. I used to like rock quite a lot but now most of it annoy me, specially most of things released between 1961-1967,1969-1978 and 1989-present.

I love the 80s sound both ironically and unironically.

Alright, I have weird confidence spurts where I make up my own little song but I end up getting lost in translation.

I want to make an album sort of like He Is Legend's style of rock.

Surprisingly hardstyle & hardcore has artists who make atleast thought provoking stuff. (I have more examples if needed) the main concern with these genres are knowing how to play the piano (bc melodys dont write themselves on the program of your choosing)

youtu.be/BcgNfShR8cw

Its just not for you, you bought a bunch of equipment but dont have the drive to do anything. You simply aren't creative or a musician.

Too bad, It'd be cool to have a Sup Forums student.

I should start doing skype lessons

I sold my theremin. Haven't touched the thing in years.
But seriously so much respect for theremin players. I'd buy one if I was willing to commit to learning the hand gestures technique properly.
siiiiick! thankyou!
lol get fucked Finland you dipshit.
I have been listening to a lot of Neu! lately actually. Do you have any suggestions apart from Can and early Kraftwerk?

Here is more of that style.

youtube.com/watch?v=ULZOgcHXwXw

Get the technique books of Abel Carlevaro and study the works of Fernando Sor, Carcassi, Giulliani, Carulli, and perhaps also a book called Pumping Nylon.

For harmonic thinking of guitar, jazz guitar players like Frank Gambale could lead your way. Study with metronome so you can improve your timing, and do not despair.

Something in between Don Davis' work on Matrix films and Dead Can Dance could work for you famalam

50s-70's rock

horrible grammar sorry
Look up flux counterpoint, before anything serious then, the fundamentals of music compostion by arnold (((schoenberg)), followed by modrn music techniques, any jazz book for guitar would be great too

White music, of course.

Metal
Jim Morrison
Outlaw country
Dire Straights

I listen to that degenerate shit

youtube.com/watch?v=jy953u5FDwA

Expanding could never hurt.

Emotive black metal. Stuff like Agalloch, Deafheaven, Circle Takes the Square, Fall of Efrafa, etc. Music that is well made and reasonably complex, but still intended to inspire fairly simple emotions through ambiance and tone.

I don't know about you guys, but I've been in a real black pilled mood recently, so when I'm not listening to The Cranberries I'm listening to stuff like what I mentioned above.

Pogo -There you are.

You should write about spiders and box jelly fish and shit. Like a ghetto ass killer aussie fending for himself day to day. Then include some drunk abos to do back up vocals.

You mean visually?

I have an EP of classical music but I'm recording a full album of my own compositions.

I thought maybe I would make a video of myself playing inside of like...a fashy-looking building wearing subtly fashy clothing or some shit?

I don't know.

Mostly metal with a side of classical and orchestral stuff

Or alternatively, marty robbins style
youtu.be/-sEqzEgDZ0g

Make some progressive rock or post something you've made might be able give you better advice

Interpol is great band. Though they are underated
youtu.be/8uKq-AiD0cU

popol vuh, amon duul ii and ash ra tempel