Shopping malls are in decline

>The current rash of bankruptcies and stores closings as well as the rise of e-commerce and discount chains means that as many as 25% of U.S. malls will close by 2022...
>That translates to some 275 shopping centers in the next five years.
>mall-based retailers to have announced store shutterings this year include department stores J.C. Penney (jcp, +1.24%), Sears (shld, -4.64%) and Macy's (m, -1.12%), as well as the likes of Abercrombie & Fitch. (anf, -2.40%)
>Credit Suisse projects about 8,640 U.S. stores across retail will close by the end of year, a far greater number than any year in memory, and worse than at the height of the 2008-09 financial crisis.

fortune.com/2017/05/31/malls-retail-stores-closing/

pastebin.com/t43RSPtz

What are your thoughts on this? Did online shopping kill the mall? Should they die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lZX1_SYtYlU
youtube.com/watch?v=viaj_ewX2Cc
youtu.be/MfsmHFQHGoM
youtube.com/watch?v=BL5xh-wt3Vc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did online shopping kill the mall?

Yes. Better prices. Convenience. Better range.

Should they die?

Yes. They don't serve any great purpose.

Niggers ruined my mall, teens can't even go in without supervision because monkeys ruined it for everyone.

I disagree. I like being able to see and feel a product before buying. I think many stores would be better off just as display shops, where you could see what you want, buy, but have the stuff delivered to home.

>What are your thoughts on this?
don't care that much
>Did online shopping kill the mall?
yes
why put pants and shoes on when i can hit amazon and buy my niece or nephew a present and have it shipped to my front door?

fuck malls
glad they're dying

Thhhhiiiiissssssss

Isn't japan a clusterfuck of shops?I can see how it would still work there.

>I think many stores would be better off just as display shops, where you could see what you want, buy, but have the stuff delivered to home.

not a completely bad idea, the money saved by not needing a big storage area full of stuff would be nice
BUT there are always going to be people and cases where getting the item right now is important and waiting a few days would be annoying

>Did online shopping kill the mall?
It definitely played a part. Malls were on their way out even when I was a kid before Amazon took off.
>Should they die?
If they can't adapt to the times they don't deserve to live. If online ordering provides a better experience then there's no reason not to use it.

Swarms of feral niggers and spics.

I think it's just the nostalgia of whites actually going out and actually doing something rather than sitting in the house all day.

Partly this too.
>go into mall
>everything's behind lock and key because niggers steal shit
>they get bored and decide to shoot the place up or turn the bathrooms into heroin dens or gambling halls
>constantly trying to peddle drugs inside the mall or mug someone in the bathrooms
>people wonder why no one wants to deal with this shit

I guess I can't find fuckable middle schoolers to have sex with in the public restrooms :(

Let the bubbles burst

youtu.be/lZX1_SYtYlU

Lol my mall too. Come back to your car broken into

How many fucking times are we gonna have this thread?

All posts by this ID are satire

EVERY FUCKING DAY

Malls are die because they refused to adapt. Major real estate investment houses bought all these places up and then drove rents through the roof. The rents in these places are untenable, and get worse annually as rents go up and customer counts fall.

Malls in America needed to merge entertainment with retail shopping.

aw man that better not be true i like shopping malls, theyre relaxing to walk around in

Fuck your nostalgia goggles
Shopping malls were degenerate during the 80s
They deserve to die already

on a saturday there'd be like 500 people in a food court. so weird being around that many people, i wouldn't be used to it anymore.

all spaniards are humongous faggots

Carlin would be happy

dead a e s t h e t i c malls and fake plants are so cool—tombstones of captilatics castles of the past that the internet has made antiquated.

youtube.com/watch?v=viaj_ewX2Cc

It was a place for whites, non-whites got in, now whites don't want to be there anymore.

Whites have always and will always want a place to enjoy being around each other.

Hello there fellow Dan Bell subscriber!

online is a million times easier, more comfortable and better stocked than malls.
Malls are a byproduct of the offline stage of our history where we had to physically move stores near each other so you could get at least a little bit more convenience while shopping.
Online means you have thousands of stores one click away. That is nothing that malls can ever beat, EVER

This makes me sad desu, I miss buying things and getting excited to open whatever it is when I got home.

jokes on you I had sex with a woman once

>had sex with a woman once
fag
i bet you kissed her too you freak

>having pre-marital sex

>*raises paw*

uh....big....biiiiig...BIIIIGG!!!

>*farts*

..........STINKY!! STINKY BIG GUY FOR YOU!!!!!!!

POOP!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHH FUNNY POOPIES!!!!!!!!!!!

XD ELELELELELELELEL PPPPPPPOOOOO

DOO DOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH
AHAHAH

AHAHAHA FUNNY POOP! POOP FUNNY! DOODY WEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR POOPIE! GOOD POOPY HAHAHAHAHAH CUNNY! AHAH XDDD

DDDDDDD

DDDDDDD
DDDDD POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP

POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP HEH POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP POOP LELELELELELELELELELELELLE XDXDXD

POOPY FUNNY! YAY! FUN FUN POOP

! TEE HEE XD POOP! POOPY! YAY! POOP MAKE ME HAPPY! HAPPY HAPPY P

OOP POOP! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHDXDXD

UH OH< I THINK I MADE A POOPIE :^)^)^)^)^))^)^:^)^:^)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHGoHOUHHOIHOIAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOP IN PANTS! NO DIAPER! THAT'S FUNNY! XDDD

OOPSIE! POOPY UNDERWEAR NOW! TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEE TEE HEEHEEEEEEESZ

WE WANT POOPIES! WE WANT POOPIES! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH HHHHHHHH :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) AHA

POOP!

*puts hand in pants*
*sniffs hand*

hee hee... reddit! reddit the bacon! lolololololollololollollo

Retards build too many of them, too close to each other, and in places that don't support such spending to keep those malls afloat.

Because you can shop onlike now. If you shop on amazon they have a little drone deliver it to your house in 2 hours if a distribution center is near by. Its cute. give it a try

Online*

>5 years later
>tons of VR software that mimic retail store for Amazon, Ebay and co.

You're forgetting the social aspect of malls. Malls used to be a place where friends would meet up and hang out. You'd spend the day there with your friends and mess around in the food court and check out cool shit. It used to be a family outing spot where families would go and buy their kids new shit. This new generation is going to be fucked since they have almost no irl social interaction anymore.

But what about the cultural aspect to malls? E-web jewry is killing western culture.

i don't buy clothing online, I have to buy it in person. My feet are about a half size different from each other so I have to try shoes on in person. Been burned a few times trying to buy online and they don't fit right once I get them. Same goes for clothing. I'm a tall skinny ectomorph body style with long arms. It's hard to find shit that looks right on me. I get pissed when I spend money on a shirt online and then it fits me goofy as fuck and I never end up wearing it.

I think clothing/shoe stores will still make sense in the future.

If you have been in malls over east Asia you will know malls in America are boring, ugly, trashy and outdated.

From Wikipedia:

The agora (/ˈæɡərə/; Ancient Greek: Ἀγορά Agorá) was a central public space in ancient Greek city-states. The literal meaning of the word is "gathering place" or "assembly". The agora was the center of athletic, artistic, spiritual and political life of the city.[1] The Ancient Agora of Athens was the best-known example.

also meant for

Malls in Japan and Korea are called arcades. Because that's a place you go for entertainment instead of just shopping. So they are cool places with interesting architecture, food, leisure and shopping

Shopping malls where I live are treated like free daycare.

imagine if you could get a mold of your feet
then the company would make a CUSTOM FIT shoe based upon your purchase of a particular style of shoe

it would eliminate SO MUCH waste, as about half of shoes end up in either a landfill or worse

>What are your thoughts on this? Did online shopping kill the mall?

Saying that online shopping killed malls is huge oversimplification. There are three major factors in death of malls: Online shopping, urban renewal bringing small shops back to inner cities in places where urban decay has turned into gentrification and hypermarkets.

Hypermarkets have essentially become malls on their own, owned and operated by single company, they are more efficient than smaller shops and supermarkets operating in malls due to economies scale and can under cut them in prices of most goods.

>Should they die?

Yes.

Malls in the never ending quest for profit turned the stores into the destination and cut out any ability to be a hangout spot. My town has three malls.

Mall One
>Arcade
>Theater
>Open meeting areas where they didn't bitch if you weren't customers
>Skateworld
They died by redoing the main enterance and getting rid of the dining common area and the arcade. The skate rink died soon after, and the theater got old.

Mall Two
>Always interesting weekend shows like railroad modeling/etc
>Theater
>Right on the river
>Good hangout spots
>Centrally located
This mall still survives but they keep turning the hangout spots into 'only for customers' seating

Mall Three
>Bookstore
>Hippy liberal shit
>Common dining
>Central coutyard with massive oaks
>Good place to take a girl if you want to show how cultured you are and get laid
Dont really count this as a full mall, but its the SoDoSoPa style of the future that is all we will have.

Malls killed themselves for a few extra sheks. Doesnt help that our generation wasn't that interested to begin with.

>American """"lives""""

How about going fishing, hiking, to the gym, swimming, playing a sport, a picknick, watching a movie, a bar and so on instead of a fucking materialistcenter

Some malls are seen as dangerous so why would people want to go to a mall where they could run into a mob of urban menaces out to fuck shit up?

Of the malls that I go to in my area, most of them seem okay.
There's whites, asians, and hispanics, and few blacks.
It's generally peaceful. I'm wondering if the malls in my area are an exception to the rule or if the malls in your guys' areas are the exception.

>Go to the mall

>Spend 20 minutes trying to find parking, potentially getting in to some sort of road rage altercation.

>Leave car knowing that there is a good chance it will get broken into.

>Get inside mall only to be surrounded by thots, gang bangers, children screaming, a brown wave of feral dirt bags.

>Most shops staffed by kids who don't give two fucks or by middle aged failed adults who want to share their misery with you.

Good riddance

I'm not going anywhere until open carry is passed in all 50 states.

My local mall went from a nice place where middle class spend their weekends to a Mexican infested shit hole. The Mexicans don't even buy things, they just wander around with their kids trashing the place.

Nigger and shitskins ruin malls

Malls in white dominated areas are doing better than ever.

BULL

SHIT

youtu.be/MfsmHFQHGoM

Bristol is 95% white

Also, many malls in the Rust Belt in mostly-white areas are experiencing the most mall closures per 10,000 people in the United States

You live up north?It's hell here in the south.I hate niggers with a passion, they destroy everything they touch.

I live in South commiefornia.

Inner cities need to be gutted and revamped
>make entire sectioned off blocks were access to buildings can only be done by foot.
>surround super blocks with higher speed traffic than you find in normal cities
>close by stuff is now only a 5 minute walk, distant stuff is now a fast drive and park away
Gets people walking and causes face to face contact with other whites. Good for people's social health.
>would need to stream line roads and only allow pedestrians to cross above or below them.

good let them die

shopping malls are nothing but hang out places for whores, dindunuffins, and faggots

you ever see a man say
"Hey you know what i want to do today i want to look at sneakers, clothing, and buy overpriced coffee."

Huh, you are a lucky man.I practically live in africa, and I have noticed my area is now declining because all the whites are moving up north or the west to get away from niggers.

That makes me wish we had a VR game where we could recreate the "where is kaine" scene from Robocop 2 and throw officer Duffy around like a bag of potatoes

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, PARDS?

ILLEGAL MALL RAVES, YAY!

thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=BL5xh-wt3Vc

bah

I checked that mall from wikipedia... just 6 months later...

>The remaining stores in the Bristol Mall after Sears closure in March would be Bath and Body Works, KSS School Supplies, Bounce Bristol, and Belemeade Formal Wear.

I suspect even those will close soon.

Also checking your digits.

Japan's Yodaboshi type stores are truly amazing, and I would honestly go there before just ordering on Amazon, however, that model will not work in America for America reasons.

I don't see why you guys rag on hispanics.
Many of them do buy stuff in droves, I don't see why they're seen as an infestation to you guys.
Then again, maybe I'm biased since I'm hispanic too.

The ones we are talking about are your version of white trash suernos and indios
fat ugly women with their fat ugly kids slowwwllllly walking and taking up the aisle
The rich hispanics in galleria and woodlands are ok
t. TX user

>Hypermarkets
Like Costco? Those are generally the type of places that hurt smaller chains in general and mom&pop shops.

>Like Costco? Those are generally the type of places that hurt smaller chains in general and mom&pop shops.

US term I assume is big box store.. Costco, Walmart and others. They have massive advantage over mom&pop shops by economies of scale and they basically cover bread and butter products almost every product category.

I don't deny their convenience of being a "all in one place" type of store, but you can never beat get rid of the need for specialty stores.
A "Jack-of-all-Trades" have their disadvantages too.

At the very least, mall have (or had) the advantage of being a social gathering spot, but that seems to be lost nowadays.

Meanwhile the west roads mall in Omaha is ata n all time high in sales is everything backwards in Nebraska

>>>/bleep/

I guess that explains mall like the west roads in Nebraska doing well it's far from any mall

>lower and lower wages and kill the middle class
>suddenly shopping centers have no clients
oh wow unexpected

>I don't deny their convenience of being a "all in one place" type of store, but you can never beat get rid of the need for specialty stores.

Yep, but amount of specialty stores will drop as they can't compete in prices with massive competitor that has economies of scale and centralized logistics on their side.

>A "Jack-of-all-Trades" have their disadvantages too.

Yep. Basically big box store carriers basic goods all specialties, but don't stock higher end products in most product categories, but generally most customers want basic products instead of those.

Smaller shops in things like computers or tools have to focus on serving focused groups like small to medium sized business clients instead of mass market.

Shopping malls failed because 1) white people won't be in enclosed spaces with niggers. 2) Niggers steal instead of pay. It really is as simple as that.

I used to work at the Mall of America. The only thing keeping that place sane was it's dedicated police station.

Nigresses would drop of their kids and just leave them there for hours. Of course they weren't there to buy anything since they didn't have money. That caused the mall to add a curfew, which was like 6pm for anyone younger than 16 unless accompanies by an adult.

Then there was a rash of shootings in the nightclub level, causing those to shut down, but only after they made security so tight that no one wanted to go in the first place. One can only guess the skin color of those involved in said shootings.

Then they added the light rail and problems grew exponentially. $5 gets you from downtown to MOA in like 20 minutes, and all the stops are in crime ridden areas, like Franklin Ave. That's when the nigger flashmobs started happening. The police station in the mall were able to stop it, but now the are dressed like they are ready to stop riots and have bomb sniffing dogs everywhere. The next step will be metal detectors at all the doors, right next to the "We ban guns on these premises" sign.

as a genx white dude i feel pretty alienated in malls, you see ghosts in your mind of what they used to be in the past as you wander the desolate spaces and see only spics, it is an eerie and unsettling experience

only niggers and mexicans go to malls

Malls ain't declining here, mate.

SHUT UP fucking dindu apologist!

Malls are wonderful but I think we might have too many of them.

Luxury malls aren't going anywhere though

The world of Ready Player One is becoming a reality.

Was thinking this. I love going to luxury malls

I know that feels.

It's like watching old episodes of Seinfeld: you know what you are watching has some semblance to the time it was created in, but now its just 2D historical documents with no relevance and a touch of sadness.

>ITT: Americentrism and forgetting East Asian malls exist

>Malls ain't declining here, mate.
This.

>Brick and mortar stores are dying goy, better let the Amazon jew get your monies!
We (Whites) are to blame for our own predicament. I honestly don't know where we go from here besides resorting to the final solution stateside.

CNBC has been ranting about this for over 2 years
>muh high yield stocks are going 2 shit!
Bezos will become the next Andrew Carnegie
>But this time THE WHOLE WORLD gets capitalism rammed up their ass by The Men Who Built America

>tfw 450 million$ allows you to be smug as all fuck

3 of the top 10 biggest malls in the world are in the Philippines.

Amerifats BTFO

>Can't fish without a license.
>Can't go Hiking without Rangers getting upset at 'kids' in the woods.
>Gym costs money
>Swimming costs money
>Sports cost money.
>Picknicks are gay and cost money.
>Watching a movie costs money.
>A bar costs money.

>Buying garbage in a shitty mall is free?
>Buying and eating garbage food in a shitty mall is free?
>Driving your garbage cap to a shitty mall is free?

It's a good concept. I've heard that people still shop at Bestbuy, but only to check out items, then go home to buy it on Amazon for cheaper.