Donald trump privatising air traffic controll

What are your opinions Sup Forums?
Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/story/2008/08/reagan-fires-11-000-striking-air-traffic-controllers-aug-5-1981-012292
politico
archive.is/FRSGk
cnn.com/2015/09/20/us/peanut-butter-salmonella-trial/index.html
cnn
archive.is/YIJKf
youtu.be/dzYUuiv5pu8?t=384
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Privatize?

Good idea.

I'm for it as long as it's done properly.

Why does Bane wear the mask?

good

It's going to be run by an non-profit org.

No idea what this means or implications it has.

Government is synonymous with inefficiency. This is the entire point and the argument Trump is using to privatise it

Cheaper flights everywhere forever since they can't be gouged universally through "regulation"

>Antiquated ATC technology will get replaced faster
>Won't be tax funded, airlines fund it instead

AnCap paradise where private airtraffic control become so efficient we dont need roads any more here we come

flying in the US will become cheaper and more efficient, that's all you need to know.

wierd

Wonderful news.

They should privatize all other govt. airport functions too. I'm tired of seeing TSA dindus playing with fidget spinners or "dey phones" instead of checking passengers.

Never forget we have had presidents with balls before.

politico.com/story/2008/08/reagan-fires-11-000-striking-air-traffic-controllers-aug-5-1981-012292

Use archive
>politico com/story/2008/08/reagan-fires-11-000-striking-air-traffic-controllers-aug-5-1981-012292
archive.is/FRSGk

Name just 1 industry that wouldn't benefit from being privatized.

I'm waiting.

>The Clintons and Obama tried to do this
>European countries do this

I can't wait to see all the doom and gloom headlines about how this is going to destroy the world and only help the wealthy from the press.

This is b8

Corollary- name one industry run by government that's actually efficient and effective.

healthcare.

medical

>Baltimore/Washington International Airport privitizes ATC
>Mass hire googles
>"Ayo hol' up Southwest 220, muhfuggin Delta 106 is on the runway"
>Flights now leave an average of 6 hours late
>Near total chaos as planes narrowly avoid each other, complete breakdown of air traffic flow
>WE WUZ AIR TRAFFIC COMPTROLLERS AND SHEEIT

NO MORE STANDING IN A LINE TO BE XRAYED FOR WEAPONS FOR FLIGHTS THAT DONT LEAVE THE COUNTRY. GOT TO THE POINT WERE I WOULD JUST RENT A CESSNA SO I WOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT HOURS FOR MY FLIGHT.

Clarification: That's NOT in a homogenous scandinavian country

Good. I support this. ATC requires government oversight for qualification of controllers and adherence to regs but it does not need to be in the business of actually running the whole operation.

Remember that plane crash in Albequerque which was caused by an air traffic controller who was too sad to concentrate properly bcos his daughtered died of heroin?

That will happen a lot more if ATC is privatised.

This is often said, but reality is not that simple. For example, our railway system became much shittier when it was privatized, since it became so segmented. All the private actors now blame each other when shit goes wrong and trains stop moving. Privatization is generally preferable to monopolies, but in certain sectors it causes more trouble than it is worth.

Another argument is that privatization always leads to better prices, which has also shown to be false here in both energy production and pharmacies.

Whether privatization is the best for air traffic control I don't know, but I know privatizations brings pitfalls along with its benefits.

More people will die of heroin because of this?

YOU'RE GODDAMNED RIGHT

Because no one cared who he was until he put it on.

>let the fat shits die
pretty sure thats a benefit.

Automation

-Bald'mo Control, this here be KFC 151 heavy. We tryin' to fly the fuck up outta here, aiight?

-KFC 151, proceed to runway 16R, 1010.42

-Bald'mo Control, I already in the air bitch fuck you trying to tell me what to do you ain't my dad I ain't got one.

-Baltimore this is KLM 15 be advised KFC 151 is inverted and heading out into the ocean.

couldn't really give a shit, would be more excited if he abolished the TSA and relinquished governmental control of the airlines entirely. It's a little crumb from the table to show he's "for the people."

I like how he says this shit is outdated, but then wants to open up new coal mines. Idiot

You know it won't be

literally every other country does this and it works fine.

even if some jewish company tried to run air traffic control they would get sue'd to shit if something went wrong.

POP OFF JAMES!

what did they mean by this?

>more bums flying around
Is that good?
Neat.
>more bums flying around
Is that good?
What happens with the folks already working these jobs? Who trains ATC?

That the US is still on level with mongolians, nips, apes and sand niggers

>jewish company
>getting sued
top l'chaim

as it is you already travel with the scum of the earth.

can't get any worse.

now you may also be able to afford first class since it will be cheaper as well.

ATC operated by government or not

This I can see happening.
Government enforced "diversity" hirings.
But that was probably already a problem.

lmao that was tv

already happens in Italy

Real question here, not trying to start any conspiracy bullshit. How come there wasn't at least some kind of warning from air traffic control that hijacked planes were heading toward New York? I know people were informed, but weren't they hijacked for at least a little while? I'm not saying they can predict they were heading toward the towers and that everyone should be evacuated, but it seemed so weird that a hijacked plane that was never heading to New York was pretty close, and yet emergency services weren't notified of any of it, as a fire man dicks around with a sewer or something in the streets of Manhattan. And then after the two towers were hit and air traffic control can see a hijacked plane heading toward Virginia, the Pentagon wasn't already evacuated? Weird.

>hundreds die
>not getting sued
good try retard.

the reason the jews get away with scamming so much is because they dont kill anyone immediately.

Flying already sucks, whats the difference if there's some more trashy people on board.

Airlines are an instrument of national policy and as such have historically operated in a strange nexus between the public and private sectors. I have no problem with this change. I don't think it's something that Trump decided. It's more likely something that was left on his desk waiting for him when he walked in.

just because the suit is brought forward doesn't mean jewish companies(ones with big lawyers to help) aren't going to pay little in way o compensation. It happens all the time. The current judicial system is pretty fucking kosher you mong.

The free market will make it better.

you cant just jew your way out of a suit with that much public outcry.

the government would get involved as well and they would go bankrupt easily.

The military.
If privatized would be eaten up by lawsuits,

also, would like to add that until "Unsafe at any Speed" for the auto industry, plenty died- no meaningful litigation. Until "The Jungle" -the meat industry was very disgusting in its practices. Food for thought.

Actually it was when states could tax the land used by the railways. It became cheaper to rip up the rails in many places at the expense of the larger network.

checking your trips, but average joe is going to out jew the jew, sorry it's not going to happen. Unless you can outspend the company you're bringing the suit against, or your lawyer is that adept, it's not going to happen. Watch the tv series "Goliath" for a dramatization on shit that goes on all the time.

>watch this tv show to prove my point
lmao you're dumb as rocks.

doesnt really matter though, trump will continue whether you like it or not.

POP OFF JAMES!

it was a fucking example you dumb asshole, i don't give a shit you watch it or not, what i describe still happens.Your total belief in the judicial system as it stands is fucking stupid.

I seem to recall a few people using flight trackers during the Julian Assange capture scare, to monitor some military flights and as well as alleged CIA flights. Wouldn't privatization means that those trackers no longer become available? Seems shady to me if that is the case.

>companies dont get sued for breaking the law and killing people
>cnn.com/2015/09/20/us/peanut-butter-salmonella-trial/index.html
sure thing retard

Always use archive

>cnn com/2015/09/20/us/peanut-butter-salmonella-trial/index.html
archive.is/YIJKf

Never mind
youtu.be/dzYUuiv5pu8?t=384

I would certainly hope it's different by now and you can actually light up individual flights

nigger, all i said was the actual payout that they give out for killing is small in comparison, do these companies ever truly get in any large amount of trouble? No, my whole point was that you think that the judicial system is going to do the correct thing or protect the people in its current state is laughable.

I really dont care, my point was that they would get sued into the ground and they do.

Shove it up your ass faggot.

I watched a video a while back that was a compilation of air traffic controllers during the whole events, if I remember correctly they do try to scramble some jets as soon as they realise the planes were hijacked. It's like a good 2 and a half hour video. I recommend you watch it, if you can find it.

suck a dick bitch, they're not getting "sued into the ground". your example had one small part of the company getting punished but everything else went on as usual. That's the point, it's just going to keep going on. Have fun believing in the current justice system you dumb fucking faggot. Blow it out your ass,

>gets BTFO
>HURR DURR THEY DIDNT GET PUNISHED AT ALL
>JUST IGNORE THE FACT THAT THE OWNER IS IN JAIL
good try retard

i never said ignore it you fucking illiterate double nigger. GUESS WHAT THAT COMPANY STILL OPERATES WAS MY FUCKING POINT!

Wait, so this could end up SAVING me a ton of money on travel?

ok?

my point was that they get punished accordingly.

shove your head up your ass again so you cant type.

pilotfag here

The US has the highest percapita amount of air traffic in the world (private, commercial and military). In spite of this, we have one of the most effective and safe systems around. Our system sees the highest amounts of air traffic and yet our safety rating is one of the best. While I believe the government often squanders money and is relatively inefficient, if it ain't broke dont fix it.

The only thing I foresee coming from privatization is the slow decline the private aviation community. Large airline corporations are going to take over the privatization and they'll be able to do things like give priority access to specific airlines and charge astronomical amounts for their services.

one small part of the company getting jailed is not "accordingly" you fucking cocksucker. go fuck yourself .have a terrible fucking rest of your day you dumb ass justice system fellating literal retard.

Would it be possible for regional airports to retain their own controllers or will this go nationwide to every airport?

>one small part of the company getting jailed
the ceo got jailed you retard.

kill yourself.

Lol yeah.

POP OFF JAMES

It depends. I know Trump is proposing that a lot of ATC should become automated which means a large decrease in jobs across most ARTCC facilities. I'd imagine regional airports would be less effected by this because often times they aren't employed by the FAA. Most small towers are contracted non-government.

banks

>one person is the whole company
what are assistant CEOS?
what are Chief Risk Managers
What are all their assistants?

k
last reply i give your bait ass responses. you are a retard who is super naive about how things actually work. The justice system is incredibly pozzed in its current state, and I'm going to leave it at that.

>state controlled to private
>not saving you tons of money under literally any circumstance imaginable

my dude...

He has a point

Trump confirmed ancap president.

Next up is privatization of police and roads.

It's really easy for the state to fuck everything up by moving to private stuff if it does it in an idiotic fashion. Here in BC all our Transit shit is done by a company called Translink and it's just a shit show because the legislation to privatize transit was done in a way that the state can't give 'em slap when they do stupid shit. Most of their trains go by a honour system, so nobody buys tickets. Translink sent people to england to look at how they make people pay, and decided a fence with a door in it you can only go though with a ticket couldn't be done. The previous CEO of translink was forced to step down because of how much of an unbelieveable fuck wit he was, and landed himself in a advisory position with identical pay. They're costantly helping themselves to tax dollars because they just bleed money by being retarded and nobody can do anything because state tied their hands on it.

Given how air traffic control works, it would almost impossible for one company, with a contract at one airport, to somehow make another company, with a contract at a completely different airport, less safe.

not to mention that the idea is that you underbid them, not sabotage their operations.

it's like these lefties have this idea of how capitalism works and all of it;s problems that's completely removed from how it actually works and it's actual problems.

There are literally about 60 nations that have already privatized their AT control. Nearly all their metrics improved, cost, safety, delay times etc.

If they somehow make their competitors "less safe" I would expect a lawsuit to be filed.

The pilots are all employees of private companies. I am not sure why ATC employees must work for the government.

Honestly, I have not thought through the implications thoroughly, but there seems to be nothing that makes this an inherently bad idea.

Good. 90% are morons with anger issues who make 3 times what they're worth

it can go either way
take a look at power privitisation in ontario. complete clusterfuck and prices are skyrocketing while bureaucrats are earning millions of dollars doing made up jobs that were never necessary in the first place

You have that absolutely backwards. Privatising companies means people can actually be fired for poor performance so they actually try.

>it's like these lefties have this idea of how capitalism works and all of it;s problems that's completely removed from how it actually works and it's actual problems.
uh
didn't you know that it's in the interest of the corporate profits to kill all their customers?
duh learn marxism 101 dummy!!!!

Lemme guess, selling it to an Israeli company?

9/11 part 2