Mandatory Service

Do you support a compulsory military OR civil service in America?

South Korea, Israel, Switzerland have it and the men and women seem well rounded after service

>Civilian Service
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_civilian_service
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zivildienst
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Civilian_Service
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherut_Leumi

Yes

absolutely not

if you have people in the military that really don't want to be there it will ruin the entire operation

cuck answer

Two years. Plant trees or drive a tank. Everybody has to do something. When you have to keep the house you get upset when people ruin it.

>what is Vietnam and where did the term fragging come from

I dont mind it, except when half your squad is russian. fucking lazy cunts

>civil service

half the country is composed of libcucks. idk how they would help defend our country.

we haz it too

Yes to civil service. There's no foreseeable harm in an individual experiencing service to the greater community as a whole. I'd even add that we could allow refusal of service, but those who choose that path be barred from voting or holding political office.

No. It wouldn't work. With our demographics it would be like Russian conscription or like prison, even with civil service.

Yes. The "men" in countries without compulsory army training are quite soft.

months wasted.

Absolutely. The kids need deprogramming after public school. Year in Kandahar will sort the fuckers out.

Yes. But this alone won't fix the nu-male generation. It would be like tossing a few kids into the deep end of a pool. Some would absorb the shock and DNA knowledge might kick in and they suddenly piece together how to tread water. The rest would drown. Under the current conditions in this scenario, more than 80% would drown.

I think that compulsory military service isn't very effective in modern times where technology is way more important than manpower.
However I do support the notion or military republic when only those who spend enough time in the army are granted citizenship.
This would remove bullshit like feminism from politics and guarantee right wing government forever.

The only troops that are worse than reservists are conscripts.

It gives you skills and experiences you wouldn't have in a cloistered liberal university. Despite the memes, 90% of military servicemen never shoot at or kill anyone, nor do they get shot at. But it should be compulsory rather than required, as in you can't vote if you don't serve. Something along those lines.

Do I support slavery? What kind of army do you have and it's mainly manned by slaves?

when, not and. shit. Im out.

Not until this country is worth fighting for and serving.

Compulsory civilian services for 1 year would redpill a numale if he works in an Emergency field like healthcare police and public safety. Even working in a fire department would be an honorable service

>>what is Vietnam and where did the term fragging come from
Less to do with conscription and more to do with the moronic idea that a military needs officers.

The military needs leaders.

Officers are a hold over from a period of time when your soldiers were almost all conscripts or levies, couldn't read written orders, were unlikely to follow any order without close supervision, had little to no understanding of military operations.

So cut forward today and you have soldiers being lead into battle often by officers that have less military experience than the soldiers they are leading because military traditionalism.

The military needs to convert all the current NCO leadership into the only leadership and simply end the idea of the officer as a separate structure within a military organizational structure.

No, it's literally slavery.

most greek politicians didn't served/served from their homes
mandatory service for all, if you don't like it....deportation

need niggers to join up, maybe make them useful

Conscription only makes sense if conscripts are only trained and deployed to defend the nation within its border, and not used as expeditionary, imperialistic forces the US military had been used since Spanish-American War.

Wouldn't compulsory service for everyone cost a lot in huge country like the US?
Most people would probably slack around drinking alcohol and playing cards anyway because there would be nothing better to do for them.
Unless you make them build the roads like Roman legions did or something.

Taxation is slavery

But nah services will give a decent stripend and help pay for college. Foster independence in youth and reduce NEETism

>like Roman legions did or something
we did that too from ww2 to 1992
the program got rebooted in 2016
praise our Defense minister

>Most people would probably slack around
Thats why NCO exist and give you bullshit jobs, like 1:1 replica of a DAF transport truck in snow, or cleaning rocks

Nice

>Wouldn't compulsory service for everyone cost a lot in huge country like the US?
I guess the idea is that savings come from activities after service by changing the nature of the population.

You don't pay conscripts more than a token amount, but you do give them a place to say and food to eat.

Good for you, our military is only good for drinking Vodka during peace time. I don't remember when I've see a soldier in uniform last time and there are supposed to be 120 thosands of them.

This might be good for discipline and preventing soldiers from becoming alcoholics but it doesn't make them much more productive I'm afraid.

Well what you pay them is just a part of the amount you spend on them. There's also training, equipment, fuel in vehicles used and so on.

local economies get boosted as fuck too
there are whole towns or islands depending on soldiers to live

we do get paid i mean sure its 7 times less than the average salary but its still pay

compulsory military would solve your snowflake infestation

>preventing soldiers from becoming alcoholics
dont know about your country but half of our proffesional military are alcoholics. for conscripts every leave was just binge drinking.
t.alcoholic AT guy

>mfw there's rumours about Service coming back here

F O R F R E E
O
R
F
R
E
E
Actually paid by your taxes but you consented to it :^)

If the leaders are the ones who declare the war they should be the ones fighting. They shouldn't make other people correct their fuck-ups.

when i served the minimum salary was 550 euro
army "salary" 6,80

Right? PTSD never hurt anyone.

I served and never regretted it. Even got an interesting profession while doing so(sentry dog handler). Also traveled a bit. Including going so far beyond the arctic circle that it was bright and sunny at 3 am. Aurora sights stay with you forever.
Hardships are essential for developing a character. You can't call yourself a man if you're been pampered and comfortable all your life. Also the bond you make with your comrades is like nothing else, you can meet them 20 years later and still be as close as you were during your service.
I think most boys would benefit from serving. But its not for everyone. Many boys are so pampered that they can't handle it and prefer to fake illnesses so they can be commissioned home. When i was sick and was sent to the hospital there were dozens of them there, faking and telling each other what they would do to be discharged. It was so pathetic that i basically asked to be brought back from there as soon as possible. Government shouldn't waste money on people like this, they should be allowed to chicken out before they're drafted.

I got 105€ a month, but i made extra for being tobacco jew, i could just feel my nose grow

> PTSD from planting trees during "civil service"
ISHYGDDT

In these times, compulsory military service only for white people is absolutely necessary.

Cool, you're one of the lucky few, congratulations.

Depends on if the standards are gonna get lowered for armed forces. If not, then all is good in my book.

>Many boys are so pampered that they can't handle it and prefer to fake illnesses so they can be commissioned home.
let me guess, ''my back, my knees''

The tier would be:
Officers > Enlisted > Conscripts > high school JROTC

Conscripts serving will be a tier below enlisted personnels but higher than say someone doing High School Army JROTC/color guard.

I can see conscripts serving security jobs for public safety. Basically have the high school graduates train in bootcamp and go back to high school as security guard for a year lmfao xD. It will be an easy job for them and they get paid for college, and PTA soccer moms will be happy

After service, they get paid and tuitions benefits for college, housing, or job searching assistant

>wanting conscripts for security jobs
trust me, you dont

Yes
But measures should be taken to prevent it from becoming a joke like most country's conscription
>Conscripts will serve as border guards and train as combat arms/combat support
>It should be particularly hard, with Patriotism/Practical Skills/Physical tests at the end of two years of duty. You cannot fail any of the tests.
>Those who are failures and useless to society will fail the tests and rigors, and would subsequently either be made to do more service, or be utilized in other ways.
>You are first required to do an additional year in conscription. You are tested again.
>If you fail, you will be required to be of service to the people; failures are sentenced to community service for three years while they pursue whatever they wanted to do in life (school/job)

Yea

Yes absolutely

>Koreans
>well rounded

???
> t. korean hapa

Hmmmm

ITT: Bitter military welfare babies who want other people to suffer as they did.

Nice try, children.

Those that refuse must also wear visible identification showing they refused. Then it must be mandatory that everyone in contact with that person must interact with them passive aggressively.