Have a degree

>have a degree
>only get jobs at call centers after graduation
>think you have a decent chance at an entry job in the sector you want to be in
>in gnarled english recruiter says she will get back to you
>recruiter responds and informs you of their unfortunate decision in a completely illiterate email
>this person is making more money than me

Just fucking kill me now Sup Forums

>he thinks a degree can get you anywhere without some kind of personal project list or hardwork

shit dude i'm 25, no degree, making 60K a year, getting a raise next month.

work harder and connect faggot

if you're honestly that desperate go do one of those unpaid internships for a year.

that degree literally only means that you wasted 4 years in a dormroom doing nothing.

what is your job

I write software for a living, started when i was 16 or so, my parents always thought i was "just playing video games" so i've pretty much been forced to take every opportunity i can.

I work for an interesting company developing internal software, and next week i actually start interviewing people so that i can form a team.

I've been doing this for almost 10 years, 5 years professionally.

Work as hard as you can, then a little more.
But after you're done working, go to the bar (the "hip" ones) and try to make connections, even if you hate alchohol like i do.

Hard work is only half of the success story, connections are the other half.

also; recruiters ARE YOUR FRIEND.... most of the time anyway, and make sure to have a linkedin account so you dont look like a turbo autsit.

with the pajeet spelling i assume you're applying to tech jobs , so thats the direction i took

This is what we get for allowing affirmative action in hiring.

This nigger knows his stuff. A lot of careers require you to put effort in outside of the classroom.

Anything IT related, anything designing related, anything art related, you can do on your own and build a portfolio.

Make websites, programs, logos, artwork, if you're an engineer shit you can even make your own little bullshit contraptions and show off bread boards you made.

I know so many programmers/media design students who fell flat on their face because they don't give a fuck about what they're specialized in and just expect a job.

DO SHIT OUTSIDE OF CLASS. GET EXPERIENCE. MAKE A FUCKING PORTFOLIO.

It's not hard to get an interview, shoot out a ton of resumes. At that point if you invested any time into your own project and drop "Oh, I learnt how to do x related to this field- look at this circuit board/program/website/table/anything I made" and you just boosted your employability tenfold.

If that fails, do an internship. Yes, we know, affirmative action has given retards jobs. But you can rise above them in no time.

Can relate. Some of my friends including myself studied biochemistry at uni and now due to my connections am working in a pharmaceutical company stacking £75,000 per year whilst my friends work in hospital labs making roughly about £30,000.

Same as. Completely worked through both my a-levels, under and postgrad. Worked my arse off for my masters. It was so bad that during my third year and my masters I got six stomach ulcers. Now I can't even get on a job within the industry.

My personal experience with connecting though

>in school, a year left before graduation
>went to anime north with gf
>fun times, whatever
>we made friends with a few people, we had a blast, we go to a bar afterwards
>we start chatting with this random guy and he joins us
>he's a software engineer, shows us this cool app he made
>get his number, we have a good time, everything is said and done
>fast forward a year, I graduate, looking for job
>"huh I wonder what user is doing"
>call him up, shoot the shit, tell him my situation
>he puts in a good word where he works and I get hired

tada

you need to make friends in the field you're interested in, if you didn't make a bunch of friends at school who you can talk to and try to find placements/projects you fucked up

But going out/going to bars and talking to people that AREN'T degenerates is extremely good

ultimate red pill: drop your low life/degenerate friends with no ambitions and fill your inner circle with successful/driven people- not only is this a good motivator and improves your mindset being around good/motivational people, but more often than not you'll make connections through these people by going out and doing shit

haha nailed it. damn you're perceptive. I'll keep at it. I honestly should have more projects under my belt

Just get a phd worst case scenario you can insist your supervisor at mcdonalds call you doctor

I only hear bad stories about chemistry majors. You're one of the few. Good shit
I just watched Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine. I think we just have to go full sociopath and have a lead foot until forever

>ultimate red pill: drop your low life/degenerate friends with no ambitions and fill your inner circle with successful/driven people

I'm pretty sure this happened to me. Had a roommate that was like a brother to me. He gets a hot shot job and all I feel is judgment the few times I see him. It fucked me up because it felt like he wasn't treating me like an equal. Which I'm probably not, but still feels like shit being stared at like a pleb. After reading your reply I guess I don't blame him.

If you absolutely can't get a job in the private sector, look into military, they always need people to write code. It may not pay incredibly well, but you'll get full benefits and almost unlimited job security with some opportunity for advancement.

Replying to the wrong person

You ONLY make 60k as a software developer? Here I was thinking I'm a fuck up for getting a nursing job for 60k.

>also; recruiters ARE YOUR FRIEND.... most of the time anyway, and make sure to have a linkedin account so you dont look like a turbo autsit.
This is the most wrong advice I've ever read. Most recruiters are shit and will rob you blind while doing little to benefit you unless they're directly from the company that is hiring.

Process Technician.

fast schooling, get to work at any power plant/refinery/brewery and make at least 80k a year. With good loyal team mates and many more jobs thanks to Trump and oil business.

The only down side is it's shift work, so 12 hour days.

Companies only post many of their job ads in order to be compliant with federal law. They couldn't otherwise say that they "were unable to find a good applicant among the citizen population," to justify just importing the next H1B applicant in line. A lot of these companies will sell all your personal information from your resume to third parties to spam your email address.

>tfw make 45k a year being a landlord.
>tfw have unlimited free time
>tfw never had to slave away in school or a job.
>tfw have zero debt and a Net worth of 1.1million.

Feelsgoodman.

You are like a Jew.

Keep trying and you'll get a job man you guys are whiny.

If you fags are still in school you really should try hard to get an internship it will fucking save your life.

Dealing with tenants is absolutely awful.

Fucking petroleum engineer here.

The year before my graduation, everyone got a job before they were even done studying. Then came the great oil-price drop, everyone gets laid off, and companies are most certainly not hiring. Fastforward to today, i have my degree in petro, added more studies to mech. eng, will be done next year.

Hope I'll get a job soon, because i'm so tired of studying.

>recruiter responds and informs you of their unfortunate decision in a completely illiterate email
>this person is making more money than me

reminds me of the time I applied to ubc

What's that? Just out of college? He has a degree?
Better give this guy a level 3 support role!

Have you considered that you're a subhuman undeserving of money or the opportunity to consensually reproduce?

How do you become a landlord? Don't you have to have some kind of experience/certifications beforehand? Can't just be that easy. I'm still jealous desu.

>Mechanical engineering degree with a 3.4 GPA
>Can't get hired anywhere

Considering work in law enforcement since college was a meme.

Jew here, I can only dream of being like this guy, I actually have to work for a living.

>net worth $1.1M
>45k/year

doubt.jpg

You have to own property. If your parents die and leave you their home you can become a landlord.

>What are assets, i.e. the fucking property he rents out.

>3.4 GPA
>good

If you didn't get an internships you're not getting a job

>checked craigslist just now
>need experience for 2 fields i chose
>only 1 guys will be hired
when is trump killing NAFTA im so sick of this bullshit

Fuck these oversocialized numales.

At least I have a degree, you got nothing, fag.

I'm going to start my own business and not be a ass licking sociopath.

What's your degree?

L
I
Q
U
I
D
this. some faggot a while ago got butthurt because there were no ads, so he forced companies to post ads for jobs that dont exist. and here we are, wasting gas money and wearing out good dress shirts for nothing
>tfw need your own car to be a security officer
just to stand in front of a closed at 3 am

>3.4 GPA in engineer
>Not good

college is a meme.

don't companies need betas to abuse and run into the ground? maybe let you cap out at middle manager or some shit, if you're good at the work? that's what i thought i was signing up for desu. how can businesses even run if everyone's just an outgoing normie? who do they have do all the actual work?

Chads and Stacies aren't just satisfied with destroying betas in high school and college, they want to make sure they don't get an income either. If you can't fake being a social normie then you're fucked and can say hello to NEETdom the rest of your life.

sad people don't work hard, they probably to negative work