So umm

He's gonna lose the case because of this shit, you know that, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/27/report-trump-administration-to-nearly-double-rate-of-refugee-admissions-for-balance-of-fy-2017/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tweets
>terrorist attacks all over
I wonder which one will the judges look at

No the Supreme Court has real judges that know that stuff is irrelevant to the actual case

He got his guy Gorsuch in the S.C. now.

>implying that wasn't the plan from the beginning
Force banning Muslims to be litigated in the SCOTUS to prevent any other president from stopping refugees via precedent.

Um. No. His fucking tweets have nothing to do with the written text of the order. There is no motive or intent in this EO to be prosecuted. This isnt a fucking trial.

Someone should tell Trump to calm the fuck down with the tweets.

Nobody puts baby in a corner.

That's not what judges do, they see if the intention behind the law is constitutional. They don't make decisions before something happens, only in response.
It's literally the most important part, he's revealing the real intent behind the law to them, which is all they care about, and a travel ban like this isn't constitutional. If he banned ALL muslims due to a real concern it could be justified, but because such a low percent of muslims do terrorism isn't not worth it (speaking from someone who studies c-law at a T6)

um no sweetie

I hear this from some of his most ardent suppporters, but it's too entertaining.

It didn't help his case, but it most certainly didn't hurt his case, either.

it will all come down to which way Kennedy votes

Unironically I think Trump has got this completely under control. He's exactly what the whole world need right now.

>If everyone put themselves first they would be able to fill their cup until it spilled over, instead of trying to fill cups half full all the way.

>Imagine walking in to a party where every single one thought they were the life of the party. Not great? Guess you're not there yet.

An US travel ban for countries which are a hotbed of terrorism that does not include Saudi Arabia is a travel ban that goes to the trash

Period.

boyo that's what brought him to the dance.
Trump should never stop tweeting EVER

trolling on /pol is all the rage right now bro
even I start these threads. and I actually support Trump. because seriously, everything going on in here is shills shilling shills. start a Sup Forums discord, see who actually comes in. lol

The Supreme Court rarely goes against the executive branch, Obamacare survived the Supreme Court Challenge. At the end of the day Trump will get his ban.

breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/27/report-trump-administration-to-nearly-double-rate-of-refugee-admissions-for-balance-of-fy-2017/

Yes good goys

Keep supporting (trump)

>studies c-law at a T6
Holy shit you're a faggot.

Intent is irrelevant to statutory law. Only the written word matters.

I don't even think he tweets personally, he just shouts them at his secretary.

He was going to lose irregardless

By this logic banning any Muslim-majority country for any reason would be unconstitutional.

I wouldn't count on his too much. He's got the job for life. No need to remain loyal to anyone except your constitution.

this but its not why I voted for Trump...

His should have his covfefe first, then tweet.

This isn't true in America, it was the justification every time this ban was blocked, and similar EO's were blocked on the same grounds. 0% chance this makes it through, this is why they're making a big show about it now because they want to show their base that they're totally for realzies trying to pass it.
be more jelly
Not true, if you had evidence that saudi arabia was trying to sneak it's citizens in to perform terrorists acts then a ban would be within the powers of the executive branch. What he has to show is that who the ban is against is organized, a single generally homogeneous entity, and an actual threat. Of which islam fits none of these categories

He wants to lose. Then he gets to blame every attack during his presidency on democrats while telling his base he tried. It's a brilliant move.

The federal statute (Title 8, Chapter 12, USC 1182F) on Presidential authority regarding immigrants if crystal fucking clear. The president could ban Eskimos, Gingers, dwarves... anyone he wants.

He's going to smite all of his enemies.

Good thing the law is clearly constitutional then.

Are you kidding? SCOUTS will determine that, despite clear and explicit constitutional outlines and permission, and despite past rulings reaffirming the president's constitutionally given power to do so, this EO is unconstitutional because of tweets? For real? What are you, some sort of faggot?

Arguably I suppose.

It's not anti-Islam unless Indonesians and Pakis are banned too.

If they aren't banned, it's not anti-Islam. Simple.

Unarguably actually. You almost got it.

You're right except that their has to be evidence that Muslims as a organization are conspiring, not just groups of Muslims. If two a french terrorist group was attempting to attack America, he couldn't ban all French citizens either, only if it was the government or a large portion of the populace.

He can ban the muslim brotherhood, al-queda, ISIS, but cannot ban muslims as a whole

there*

>the literal internment of all japanese americans was okay
>this isn't
REV UP THOSE ICE OFFICERS BECAUSE I SURE AM HUNGRY FOR SOME BEANER

He might, but only because the Supreme Court is filled with Self Important faggots. However Goruchs attitude towards the cert board holds promise for him not being a cuck.

You never know with Roberts and Kennedy, annoyingly

Yes. And for it to be a religious test, or a "Muslim ban" as the anal-craniumed left refer to it, the EO would need to ban at least 95 more countries.

I don't understand what's wrong with calling it a travel ban. Who started this? Of course it is even if it's temporary.

Judicial activism doesn't rewrite established statutory interpretation.

That's more to do with the fact that japanese citizens were believed to be extremely loyal and would find a ground war; coupled with their being racism inside the courts and they would never block it over the threat to themselves, their family, or at the very least their career

Not gonna happen w/o Enabling Act. This (((democracy))) won't let him accomplish a single one of his goals.

This isn't a "Muslim ban". >Yes. And for it to be a religious test, or a "Muslim ban" as the anal-craniumed left refer to it, the EO would need to ban at least 95 more countries.

>implying the exact same things don't apply to muslims

That guy is slightly wrong, but Trump isn't trying to ban groups of people; he's limiting immigration from specific countries -- which he's well within his powers to do; Obama did it with nary an issue.

Maybe he changed his mind and is intentionally shooting himself in the foot rather than admitting defeat.

Trump doesn't believe the intention of the original legislation was to ban all Muslims. Even if Trump said the intention of the original legislation was to ban all Muslim, this doesn't necessarily imply the intention of the new legislation is to ban all Muslims.

So ummmm SWEETIE, this is constitutional and that's why all of the courts who rejected it couldn't say "this executive order is unconstitutional" because they damn well know it is. All they ever said was "it infringes on Muslim rights". Even if Trump wanted to ban every Muslim-dense country, it would still be legal.

The exceptions to christians kinda undermines that logic

So you argument is that because of Trump's comments all federal judges must be given classified information for any EO regarding a travel ban, just so he can prove he's not targeting Muslims?

Why won't he just void the 1965 immigration act already?? I don't understand. This would help everything. He needs to reform immigration entirely.

The first EO made provisions for religious minorities, which, while it's moral and has been done in the past, nobody likes Christians so they don't get to live. However the second version of the EO removes those lines. The left still kicks and screams.

only because our courts are corrupt and are citing outside conversations as legally binding contracts

V5 though?
clerkship track?

lets get real prestige whorey in here

p.s. we go to the same school and i already hate you

Suuure retard

Courts are structured on the concept of "pick the outcome you like first, justify it with legalese later." The bigger issue is that the Federal circuits are taking advantage of the fact that so few cases are heard by the Supreme Court to pass down bigger bullshit verdicts than ever.

also his tweets are testimonial, they'd never be considered in court unless he himself was subject to cross

legislative history =/= tweets formed for the purpose of further litigation.

NYU law, right? You said T6 since your school is ranked 6th. You're not fooling anyone into thinking you might be higher than 6th.

to be fair the common terms are T14, T6 (or HYSCCN), and HYS. No one uses other things. You wouldn't say T9 or T10 even if you went to those schools.

my money is that this guy goes to Col.

I don't understand why it's unconstitutional for the president to impose travel restrictions on Nations deemed incapable of vetting their travelers.

I don't really get you Law Students. Is working long hours and memorizing shit you don't care about for three years really worth it? Do you think the Law firm job you're chasing will make you happy?

I mean, - a niggas gotta eat - but you guys always struck me as discount Investment Bankers. Those guys, they make the big bucks

If it's not a Muslim ban it is cucked plain and simple

Its. Not. A. Fucking. Law.

In theory it shouldn't matter if it WAS a "Muslim ban" - you're all operating on the original decision like it's binding.

In practice all a tweet has to do is make one of the 9 old farts butthurt to screw everything up

>t-the judges will vote along party lines, j-just wait and see

Jesus, the people who post here are retards.

won't disagree with you. but ibankers burn out 2, 3 years after college. work at a V5 for 4 years then get hired by a bank in a VP position and you're raining on the kids that left college and go to iBanking jobs.

also law school doesnt require memorization in the slightest bit

came to say this. he is daring the court to deny him this right. they do and attacks are no longer his fault and court appts will get further right and the people will eat it up

Will he lose? Or is this setting the stage for a total immigration ban since thats fair?

Im all for total immigration ban. We don't need fucking southeast asian levels of population density in america to thrive...we have enough fucking people here and can barely supply enough jobs for those here...why the fuck are we importing anyone? Really stretching a silly motto on the statue of liberty, which made sense back when america was a vast and empty land of opportunity...its no longer that and were just importing people for all the wrong reasons, for liberal votes and for slave labor.

>loyal to anyone except your constitution
>except your constitution
>constitution
>the constitution that says trump can stop immigration if there is a thread to the security of the united states of america

>people STILL reply to Serbia-shill
SAD