What does Germany know that noone else knows?

1 billion for a fusion power stellarator experiment. No one else uses money for stellarators, they all love tokamaks.

Is there a political worldwide conspiracy that Merkel is countering? Just so you know, Merkel is a plasma physicist and quantum chemistry specializing in doomsday machines.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WvNaPflXn3A
google.es/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/585510/Britain-foreign-aid-spending-Girl-Hub-Yenga-Africa-Ethiopia-Nigeria-Rwanda-Nike/amp
forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2016/07/01/uranium-seawater-extraction-makes-nuclear-power-completely-renewable/#307b261f159a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=WvNaPflXn3A

Look at this shit!

Mmmm fusion. I'd love to know its power input and output and differential. I like the anode/cathode ones better to be honest, I just don't like how they generate power inconsistently.

>Is there a political worldwide conspiracy that Merkel is countering?
Idiot, fusion hasn't worked yet. The current best fusion is microwaved electromagnetically condensed hydrogen plasma which seems to pinch it at certain dimensions. The downside is that these dimensions are tiny.

It's shocking the Europeans are still parading circular designs.

You do realize you are posting this on a forum for kids with avg iq of 70 and attention span of a fish?

Fish can stare at you for minutes.

The design complexity of the Stellarator was probably something that wasn't doable when Tokamaks were initially started.

I can swallow a live goldfish

Torodial bodies are less stable. Development of stellarators makes sense, but this is old technology. I sincerely doubt we will see major progress any-day-now.

Stellarators aren't circular by design, idiot.

>Merkel is a plasma physicist and quantum chemistry specializing in doomsday machines.
cool now i know the whole field is bunk

It doesn't matter that much, ITER is coming for all of europe to share soon enough, even if Germany cracked the nuclear fusion secret, something marvelous and another miracle of german engineering, the power card will soon be trumped by the collective project of EU and you will have no monopoly on the tech

>americans

Some politician's cousin owns a stellarator factory

It'z zimple. Only ze German autism is capable of correctly azzembling zis machine

a big metal nothing burger

Literally this. It will break itself or outright explode instantly.

Merkel specializes in doomsday machines...wow. Fucking numbskull. Here's some advice: how bout instead of eating doughy sweet shit all day and thumbing around in ur shitter, you read a book you fucking doughgoat.

Burger on vacations
Wtf is dat overengineered donut

I can swallow swords
Swords were made of Damascus steel
Damascus is a city in Syria
THIS IS A DIRECT LINK TO MERKEL FUNDING TERRORISM!

Read up on Spitzer's 1951 fusion confinement ideas. You need to twist your plasma confinement to decrease losses. The twisted torus is what happens if you overlay the individual coil magnetic fields across each other on a twisted torus.

>german engineering

Krauts must share this technology with America to ensure it doesnt end up lost or in the hands of the muslim hordes

I love you, germoney

>stelarator - uses magnets
>tokamark - uses vacuum
why not a stelarotor tokamark?

>Kids
>Average iq of 70

I'd love to see source that didn't come straight out of you ass considering every poll we do shows the opposite

>plug it on
>generates 100kw total
>uses 200kw and turns the room into a 1000°c sauna
>kraut government: is total success! Make energy out of nowhere! All eu must buy now.

Not quite sure you know how Wendelstein X-7 works and what it is.

But whatever. Spaniards were never known for their intellectual capacity.

How many years have you clowns in the EU been playing around with multi billion dollar physics experiments and haven't yielded shit yet? Work on better theories before playing around in labs.

Fusion is a meme.
>will take tens of billions to get it working (optimistic)
>will take hundreds of billions to establish real fusion power plants (optimistic)
>doesn't eliminate the radioactive waste problem (reactor components have to be replaced as often as every 4 months, and are highly radioactive due to neutron bombardment)
>introduces a fuel sourcing problem, as tritium is the only worthwhile fuel source and is practically non-existent on Earth
Fission is the real future of nuclear power.
>fission is one to two orders of magnitude cheaper
>fission plants that physically cannot melt down can be built right now, today
>fission cycles that produce negligible waste can be built today
>can go head-to-head with coal and gas and be cost effective
Why do people still parrot the fusion meme?

Just Germs looking for yet another way to destroy the west you utter fucking subhumans

nice try

>Why do people still parrot the fusion meme?
Becase if they acomplish the "meme" you talk about, they will eliminate the energy problem since energy produced by fusion is exponecial.

I dont get it.. why does it have to be this weird ass shape

Fission runs out soon.

Most of yout arguments are either wrong or highly misleading (e.g. your claim about radiactive waste as part of the containment chamber insulation is complete bs, some tiles will have to be replaced every year or two, but that amounts to virtually nothing in waste and isn't highly contaminated nor is it in liquid form).

this shit is fuckin alchemy, nigger. these fags are trying to make energy from it... fucking retards are nigger rigging a steam engine off of this shit.

I can tell you exactly the goal here: taxable energy and industry based off the waste.

This, honestly the technology is a bit beyond us at this point, but ultimately it is the direction we have to go for space travel due to hydrogen gas being the only abundant fuel source in open space.
That said I agree, we should be looking into thorium reactors to solve our current energy problems, after that we can focus more on fusion.

from my understanding it is suposed to have a shape of mathematical model of the field they want to produce

that way they can reduce the energy expense

Exactly. 7 trillion dollar energy industry worldwide... of which half of it could be replaced by fusion by 2060.

tokamak>all

does this mean we will soon have 4 extra mechanical octo arms?

perhaps more important: politically leveraged.

I think the ultimate irony here is the field is full of dumbfucks and they can never do shit. so their plans are just evil pipedreams that waste money.

now that I lay it out, the source of the bullshit seems to be politicians who push this shit to scrape money off the top cause they know it's bogus. 'Merkle'

They know that Plancks constant can be calculated from classical equations, that it represents the boundary condition that arises at the discontinuity between the weak nuclear and electromagnetic forces.

That applying 29.053N of force through the surface of the electron in hydrogen will excite the electron into the quantum phase transition.

That the isotopic capacitance of a hydrogen atom measured as a parallel plate to the edge of the universe gives rise to the displacement of the electron.

That fusion can be achieved by exciting a group of atoms to their quantum phase transition and exciting the bulk to 1.093mhz/meter

>Fission runs out soon.
thorium will never run out
>Most of yout arguments are either wrong or highly misleading
Which arguments?
>your claim about radiactive waste as part of the containment chamber insulation is complete bs
Wrong. Whole sections are ITER are designed to be replaced every few months. 7-X operates on the same principal of liberating neutrons from the plasma and getting heat from them (thereby damaging reactor walls)
>that amounts to virtually nothing in waste and isn't highly contaminated nor is it in liquid form
fission nuclear waste is not ever in liquid form

Fusion. Meme.

Look up during the day, is it a meme or is it the single source of energy for the entire universe?

You are essentially saying 'human beings arent capable'. Which puts you in the faggot tier group of conservatives.

Human beings are capable, but it will never be cost-competitive with other sources.

A spaniard is smart and wise as a kraut is honest.

Digits of truth.

>Merkel is a plasma physicist
source

ITER is the typical EU project bullshit. A million people having a say and nothing gets done even when it's already 10 years late. Same with Airbus.
And Tokamaks always have a problem with plasma stability. The Wendelstein X7 so far has proven to have a phantastically stable plasma confinement.

what difference will fusion do you when your race is extinct and muslims take over your nation?

>I dont get it.. why does it have to be this weird ass shape
So that the magnetic field for the confinement also has a component in the toroidal direction, i.e. you don't need to build an extra magnet into it to make the plasma go round.

Looks like my bunghole when I wipe with too much gusto.

Nice try Juan

>(((stein)))
What did he mean by this?

Someone needs to read up on the navy and their whiffleball reactors.

Stolen tech from the third reich. Look into the Vril machine.

>Be German engineer
>Work 80 hour work weeks for 30 years to finally produce Fusion Power
>Long after you're dead refugee shitskins will be credited with your accomplishments
>Everyone will mention how Germany only managed to finalize fusion power AFTER their population became a Muslim majority

If you didn't know until now goverments find ways to waste money so to justify more taxes on the population and make our life worse. It's all the plan to oppress the goyim.

Here is another good example:
google.es/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/585510/Britain-foreign-aid-spending-Girl-Hub-Yenga-Africa-Ethiopia-Nigeria-Rwanda-Nike/amp

I'm personally following the Wendelstein 7-X news a lot because that could literally make Germany a soft superpower in the coming decades.

>ITER
>EU bullshit

You do realize that EU, Japan, Russia, China, the US, India and South Korea are equal partners in the ITER program?
Do some reading before doing some unfinformed shitposting.

If it's anything like a Volkswagen it'll break down outside of warrenty and cost a fortune to fix.

>Same with Airbus

Airbus is one of the rare thing that works well.
If you want to talk about a fiasco speak of the Eurofighter (teach you to never engage on a military project with the brits btw because they will always backstab you for the americans).

>Flip switch to start reactor
>service soon light comes on
>Fusionkraft™certified technicians run a diagnostic for $1000/hr
>Pull code FU34, laserverken diode out
>Laserverken diode has hit its 500 hour limit and is no longer under warranty
>Replaced laserverken diode for $10000 plus labor
>One week later reactor suddenly stops
>Fusionkraft™certified technicians find an electrical short
>Electrical subsystem has hit 1000 hour limit and is out of warranty...

It's a mathematically optimized form to keep cool with magnet the confinement chamber while the plasma is heating at 100 millions degrees.

>You do realize that...
Yeah, I do but that only makes it worse. I personally know someone who was involved in the project (not on the scientific side but on the construction side) and he told me it's an absolute nightmare where nobody knows what the other guys are doing.
They are delivering extremely heavy parts from all over the world instead of building it on site just so that everybody in that group can claim some involvement and get some know-how out of it.

>Airbus is one of the rare thing that works well.
same shit as I wrote above. Alone the transport costs for the wings built in England and the rump built in Germany are a fucking nightmare.
And then the Airbus company has been used by the French government who makes ruthless industrial politics to get all the important decisions and all the high-tech stuff made in France. Airbus was founded by Germany and France as about 40:60, not it's about 10:90.
When Thomas Enders (a German) had his turn to be the boss at Airbus the frogs were shivering that he would undo all that and move production to Germany. To their surprise he actually tried to make good business decisions to get the company somewhere.
I can't blame the Frenchies for what they do, I just blame my government that they don't learn anything from it. With the military reconnaissance satellites a few years back it was the same shit.
At this point I suspect Merkel actually does it to secretly subsidize France so that they don't drop out of the EU.

warp core from star trek into darkness?

Practical, energy production via fusion power is fundamentally impossible due to radiation corrosion.

>doesn't eliminate the radioactive waste problem (reactor components have to be replaced as often as every 4 months, and are highly radioactive due to neutron bombardment)
>Wrong. Whole sections are ITER are designed to be replaced every few months. 7-X operates on the same principal of liberating neutrons from the plasma and getting heat from them (thereby damaging reactor walls)

It's true, the walls will become radioactive. Though iirc they will only stay radioactive for a decade or two, which is peanuts.

>will take tens of billions to get it working (optimistic)
>will take hundreds of billions to establish real fusion power plants (optimistic)

Also true, it will take a financial effort. Then again, so does almost everything. If you can waste tens of billions on the Zumwalt practical joke why can't the world spend money on the development of nuclear fusion? Something that has a practical use, and compared to the Zumwalt, actually is show working.

>introduces a fuel sourcing problem, as tritium is the only worthwhile fuel source and is practically non-existent on Earth
They are considering sources other than tritium.

vortex math

Wrong

They are working on that.
It will maybe have to be some special ceramics that doesn't embrittle from the neutron radiation.

You only need a small amount of Lithium to gain enough Tritium. A few hundred tons of Lithium are enough to practically solve the planet's energy problems for the foreseeable future.

The zumwalt would rip the German navy to shreds. Yes I know you're from Belgistan

(((Wendelstein)))

Hmm free energy forever, I wonder why people bother

That scene was filmed at lab in california

They do that on purpose, you know? Planned obsolescence is a bitch.

>It will maybe have to be some special ceramics that doesn't embrittle from the neutron radiation.

Unless they get a wizard to cast "protection form neutrons" on these ceramics I don’t see it working.

I guess Germans would die laughing.

While they drown and watch their vessel sinking

Not aas long as (((they))) keep owning it.

Vessel is drowning because it's also laughing at the zumwalt, which is getting boarded by refugees

"never" is an extremely stupid word to use in most contexts

They don't need to be "protected from neutrons". Quite the opposite. After all that's how the energy will be created in the end.
They must just be durable enough so that you don't have to shut the reactor down every other month to replace them. And they shouldn't pollute the plasma when they get hit.

Everyone knows Australians are the smartest people on earth.

>Fission runs out soon.

Not if it's extracted from sea water.

forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2016/07/01/uranium-seawater-extraction-makes-nuclear-power-completely-renewable/#307b261f159a

are you mericans even aware of how dumb you are ?

>thorium
I keep hearing about this element and how good and safe the reactors utilising it could be, and that it can be used so much that the waste is minimal. Why is it not being used, well probably (((they))) are involved to answer my own question.