Freeland rejects Trump's nationalist policies, says Canada will step up to lead on world stage

>Canada will step up to play a leadership role on the world stage as the U.S. turns inward to focus on its own national interests, Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland said in a major policy speech today.

This is the same woman who cried when she couldn't reach a deal for the EU-Canada trade pact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NLdEYw3ginA&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=JeaVBNHf--c
archive.is/gvfL9
propertyrightsguide.ca/are-property-rights-protected-in-canadian-law/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>canada leading the world in anything except pedophiliac sex ed curriculums...

Great news .. a good start will be for Liberal MP's to begin encouraging the Prime Minister to answer questions openly and honestly during parliamentary question period ...

Trudeau Sets World Record In Avoiding Questions In Parliament's Question Period
youtube.com/watch?v=NLdEYw3ginA&t=1s

hahahahahahahaha

XD haha leafs xD

You forgot about sucking dog dig

Bitch looks like clayface

It'll be hard to do that while the country devolves into a colder version of a Mad Max movie.

>needing a law to tell people fucking a dog is bad

>complains about pedophiles
>flag
1500 CHILDREN

based canada

>Chrystia Freeland
youtube.com/watch?v=JeaVBNHf--c

this cunt ffs

>being this much butthurt

fuck off autist.

>in other news 2/3 of those polled still don't know what "impeachment" means

B-but your missing the point, user...

DAT HOT GILF ASS

SO THICC

1500 CHILDREN

>no gold
>housing bubble about to make a fuckoad of people homeless and poor
>using a "green" power source which is so shitty that its causing more damage to the environment than nuclear energy, and costing people 4 times the price of electricity now that people HAVE to pay
>taking in a mass amounts of immigrants when citizen Canadians cannot even find jobs, that they have to take on part time season jobs since its the only thing available
>Canada is taking the leadership role on the world stage
lol

Fuck our leaders.

Can't lead when your country has a military whose human equivalent is Michael j fox.

>CHILDREN
Aren't you giving them to LGBT's, who are known to be pedos?

Canadas like the Alaska of the world stage, just way more gay

Why are leftists so obsessed with "leadership? Has virtue signaling to the rest of the world become standard foreign policy in the west?

>write plutocrats
>no mention soros or friends
>get appointed in government
>do (their) bidding
What did she mean by this?

Current year meme friendo. Current year.

>Canada will continue to not care about it's own national interests and instead continue to devolve into a third world shithole
Anybody ever successfully emigrate out of Canada?

Just a matter of time before Womanifest destiny

Not too difficult if you're filthy rich or have a good degree in something useful (Non-STEM need not apply).

Gear up your Ukraine/Crimea/Russia memes, Chrystia is a neocon/neoclib Vick Nuland wannab.

She's gotta hate on for Russia, no doubt influenced by her Nazi-collaborating grandparents.

archive.is/gvfL9 (Chrystia Freeland’s granddad was indeed a Nazi collaborator – so much for Russian disinformation)

>canada
>free country
Pick one.

Freer than most, but not for long. :(

It's painful watching this country become unrecognizable. I was looking into citizenship by descent stuff but it seems great-grandparents are to remote to get it.

Dude, my FATHER is American and my claim was denied because they wouldn't accept his FUCKING TAX DOCUMENTS from the 1980's as proof that he was in the country the requisite number of years for me to get my dual-citizenship. When I asked why, they said that he "didn't earn enough during those years to prove he was there the whole year". You know how much the minimum wage was in that state at the time? FUCKING 3.25/HOUR. When I asked how much he would have had to earn, she said there was no specific amount, but then she got really angry with me when I said "So it's completely arbitrary?". Clearly, her choosing based on non-existent criteria isn't arbitrary at all.

>Freer than most
-no property rights
-no free speech
-etc etc
bleh

>no property rights
Elaborate please.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Justin's father (Or "father", depending on how much you think he looks like Castro) didn't put property rights in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms because he was a literal communist.

LOL

Chinese literally have more property rights than Canadians

propertyrightsguide.ca/are-property-rights-protected-in-canadian-law/

>tl;dr: government can seize your shit and "too bad so sad, we needed it more"

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms does not directly protect property rights. The Charter was enacted as part of the Constitution Act, 1982, which affirmed the Constitution as the supreme law of Canada and provided that any law that is inconsistent with the Constitution is of no force or effect. The Charter guarantees certain individual rights against intrusion by the state and gives the courts the power to provide a remedy to anyone whose Charter rights are denied. For example, section 7 of the Charter reads:

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

If property rights had been included in the Charter, certain laws restricting or removing property rights would be unconstitutional, and the courts would have been able to strike them down. But property rights were deliberately excluded from the Charter (the reasons for this omission are subject to some debate that cannot be summarized adequately in this guide), and subsequent proposals to amend the Charter by adding protection for private property have not been successful.

The Charter does affect property rights in other ways: section 8 protects individuals from unreasonable search and seizure of their property; section 15 guarantees equality before the law and can be used, for example, to challenge land use regulations that discriminate based on religion, mental disability, or other protected categories; and section 26 affirms the existence of pre-Charter common law and other rights that existed in Canada. In addition, section 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982 protects Aboriginal rights, including land rights, against state interference.

>

>inbred goatfuckers
>a strong horse
tip top wew lad

>Freeland

What did Canucks mean by this?

It's just another buzzword they don't know the meaning of.

>>housing bubble about to make a fuckoad of people homeless and poor
let me explain it on you:

The price of an average house in Canada includes the price of a house in Vancouver, and Toronto.
House prices in Toronto skyrocketed after Vancouver imposed a 15% foreign investor tax.
A good number of those investors are millionaires from China, who want a nice big house in Canada so their wife can live in luxury with their kids and they can have top-rate education and healthcare, while the husband stay in China to work and carry on with the mistress(es).
So, with the tax in Vancouver good number of those investors tried Toronto instead of Vancouver.
Then two things happened: they discovered Toronto isn't Vancouver, it's a huge, interesting, but ugly city that is freezing cold many months of the year. Vancouver is a gorgeous city located in a temperate rainforest. It offers world-class skiing, yachting, gardening, mountain-biking, hiking, other shit, and it's less then 3 hours to LA, around 5 to Maui, and more than 3 hours faster to Asia.

The other thing is that Vancouver created work-arounds so the 15% tax is easily bypassed.
So, the Chinese were no longer interested in Toronto.
(The other big players in Vancouver real estate are Canadians, Americans, and Brits. Few bothered with Toronto, which is why real estate prices in Vancouver just kept climbing even though the number of sales dipped during this time.)

Vancouver real estate is totally detached from local income. It is an international resort city, where houses on the Westside (almost half the city) average about $3.7million USD. Even including the Eastside, the average detached house is ~1.6million, maybe more.
Adding that kind of price to a national average (Vancouver is Canada's 3rd largest city) skews figures.

Vancouver is bordered by mountains and ocean (very little room to expand, land constantly increases in value) and is an extremely desirable place to live. Price here will never go down.

>Canada will take over the leadership of the world
>No! Germany...err... I mean Europe will take over the leadership of the world
And then they will find out that none of their "diverse" and "ethnic" friends will listen to them unless they hold a fleet of expensive carriers to their heads, while the USA can just sit back, relax and still control all the oil.

>Toronto
>Cold

I literally message my parents, who live out in Quebec, the current weather on a regular basis just to get a rise out of them. That and the gas prices.

You can keep thinking it isn't a bubble if you want, but it's going to pop whether you're ready or not.

Fine by me. Make sure the leafs take over foreign aid payments as well

a lot of those investors arent living in the properties, they're just flipping them

>Canada will step up to play a leadership role on the world stage
Yeah I'm sure a country where white people don't even own their children is going to be the new bacon of freedom and leadership that everybody wants to follow.

>Canada
>World Stage

Never gonna happen.