Trump asked Coats & Rogers to intervene in Comey's investigation

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/top-intelligence-official-told-associates-trump-asked-him-if-he-could-intervene-with-comey-to-get-fbi-to-back-off-flynn/2017/06/06/cc879f14-4ace-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html

>The nation’s top intelligence official told associates in March that President Trump asked him if he could intervene with then-FBI Director James B. Comey to get the bureau to back off its focus on former national security adviser Michael Flynn in its Russia probe, according to officials.
>Trump similarly approached Adm. Mike Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, to ask him to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of coordination, as The Post previously reported, according to current and former officials. Like Coats, Rogers refused to comply with the president’s request.

Truly the actions of an innocent man. Morons will defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost
archive.is/ghDLR
washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/10/05/this-brilliant-plant-pretends-to-be-poop/
abcnews.go.com/Politics/exclusive-comey-stop-short-trump-obstructed-justice-flynn/story?id=47865739
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like elephants and God likes elephants

>washingtonpost com/world/national-security/top-intelligence-official-told-associates-trump-asked-him-if-he-could-intervene-with-comey-to-get-fbi-to-back-off-flynn/2017/06/06/cc879f14-4ace-11e7-9669-250d0b15f83b_story.html
archive.is/ghDLR

This is actual obstruction of justice if true. Whatever Comey had to say wouldn't amount to it.

So Coats and Rogers refused to go out and tell the truth to the American people.

Notice at this point no one denies the existence of a swamp.

OH NOES MORE UNNAMED SOURCES WHAT SHALL WE DO

(((Sources))) say, we'll find out tomorrow when Coats testifies.

guys I'm getting fat eating all these nothingburgers

>if true

www.washingtonpost.com

>comey isn't gonna say shit
>crafts another narrative
so obviously fake, it's pathetic at this point.

ROLL UP GENTS

What will happen if Comey doesn't corroborate this tomorrow?

Coats testifies tomorrow, when this is BTFOd they'll make up another story.

then WaPo release more stories based on SOURCES friday

it doesn't matter anyway. libshits are literally that retarded they haven't worked out none of the other stories were true or ever came to fruition.

Comey testifies Thursday, Coats testifies tomorrow. This is another false story.

This.

Kind of sounds like they didn't want to lie to the American people to spare Trumps feelings.

Can you imagine if Hillary went around asking people to stop looking into Benghazi or her emails?

Coats is testifying? Sweet.

Lugenpresse

Asking someone to do something, who then says no I will not do that thing, and then who suffers no adverse affect for that decision is not illegal, immoral, or wrong. It's just more real-world-clickbait BREAKING NEWS from the washington post.

>Can you imagine if Hillary went around asking people to stop looking into Benghazi or her emails?

well, i personally wouldn't, given that she was under heavy bosnian sniper fire at the time.

i saw that in a youtube video, which caused the benghazi situation

I guess so, I think that the end goal is to keep the story running even if they can't "prove" collusion.
Ah ok, well again I think they just want to push this till 2020 and hope it sways enough public opinion.
As opposed to destroying devices instead of handing them over?

Why not

>they haven't worked out none of the other stories were true or ever came to fruition.

Yeah like Trump leaking info to the Russians.

Wait.

I mean Flynn lying to the vice president.

Wait.

Comey having memos about his meetings with Tru, I mean Trump asking Comey to stop the investigation, I mean....

Did Trump delete 33,000 emails when he got a subpoena?

>Can you imagine if Hillary went around asking people to stop looking into Benghazi or her emails?

I don't have to imagine it. Pic related.

>implying she destroyed anything

Now here's some fake news for ya.

Comey arguably wouldn't know about this.

Coats testifies tomorrow where he can either confirm, clarify, deny, or choose not to speak about them. The special counsel will definitely investigate it to find out whether it's true or not regardless.

If it is true, then the type of intervention would matter since the article seems to imply they looked into it to see if what he wanted them to do would be okay and decided it wasn't. It likely won't matter if they wanted to charge him with Obstruction.

I'm sure this is true and not made up lies like every other recent Washington Compost anti Trump story.

I don't understand why they are thoroughly torching their only sources of (((news))) on things that are simply and obviously false. Are they just beyond the point of no return now?

I salute you

Christ. Already giving up on the comey testimony? And this is the next waste of time?

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 0.0001% HIT RATE

THE NEXT STORY JUST ***MIGHT*** BE TRUE

piss off, faggot. reddit is that way ==>

oh and the comey memos, you mean the ones the fbi actively refused to hand over to congress? MUST BE TRUE BECAUSE IT CORRELATES WITH MY BIAS

>I don't have to imagine it. Pic related.

Kind of looks like you're imagining it. Do you read minds or something?

How long before you start calling everyone that doesn't believe you russian shills/unpatriotic? Odd that you post the same bullshit every time. Hey we will all be here during/after the coates/comey testify sessions so make sure you come back with your damage control I guess
>hur dur fake news
Makes you as bad as r/thedonaldfaggots that you hate so much.

>more unnamed sources and baseless claims by cia rag

im sure it's all true this time...

also since when is it not allowed for the president to ask something?

>Trump leaking
Trump can't leak. He can declassify or reclassify at will.

1. They did meet in secret for a half hour.
2. Then the investigation stopped.

Which part did I imagine?

LARPing faggot

Why was Trump so terrified of the Comey investigation? Hmmmm

you know she lied about forwarding (c) emails to people without clearance, right? you DID read the judicial watch releases, right?

oh, let me guess, CNN didn't cover those, so you know nothing about them

>How long before you start calling everyone that doesn't believe you russian shills/unpatriotic?

Never? I'll just call you guys what you are: dipshits who will ignore anything that doesn't fit your worldview.

Post bullshit get called out.

because you read that on fake news WaPo?

Oh you mean her testimony before the house where she wondered aloud why it even mattered at all?

Already heading down that path I see. Already your posts are getting more and more nonsensical. Don't you have a dossier thread to start autismo? No more replies for this bullshit even while putting sage on all of my dishes.

The part where you have any evidence whatsoever.

We're still waiting.

Oh I'm well aware that that's what this country has been reduced too. And you people bitched Hillary couldn't be trusted with classified info. Would've been OK if she was president though right?

Gotta love the sudden lack of respect for the FBI

haha nice try nigger

>Never? I'll just call you guys what you are: dipshits who will ignore anything that doesn't fit your worldview.

one day, you will wake up and realize that not only are you a good, little puppy, trained to believe the bullshit CNN/WaPo posts. but that you are actively being lied to - and publicly acknowledge this.

i just wish i could be a fly on the wall when that happens. my god, the breakdown.

Trump
>asks questions
>traitor
Clinton
>literally destroys evidence
>but she won

As opposed to Trump doing it behind closed doors? And firing the person leading an investigation? And lying all the way about it?

Nah, they're not comparable at all. Republicans threw everything they had at her and got no where. Literally control every section of government now and Hillary is still out walking. Know why? Because even Republicans knew it was bullshit.

>The part where you have any evidence whatsoever.

MUH 'DOSSIER', MUCH CREDIBLE

youre really desperate arent you

>trump doesnt want his friend to suffer a bullshit witch-hunt

what a monster

>Retarded Anglo who thinks Infowars is a legit news source

I'm still waiting too.

Story on Washington Post sums up Drumpf and the current political climate! You will be shocked!

Go to this link to give them click jewgolds!

washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/10/05/this-brilliant-plant-pretends-to-be-poop/

>one day, you will wake up and realize that not only are you a good, little puppy, trained to believe the bullshit CNN/WaPo posts. but that you are actively being lied to - and publicly acknowledge this.

Hmm.

No I don't think that will ever happen. I think I'll continue supporting the WaPo, NYT, etc. while you guys post shit like Infowars and Brietbart and then get mad when they drop stupid shit you people push (like Pizzagate).

oh i see

the only reason she walked free is because of comey - who trump fired

NO INTENT NO INTENT

EXTREMELY CARELESS (which DEFINITELY is not gross negligence)

if you could source that, that would be great

oh hang on, you can't. i bet you have a tiny penis.

>the fbi is the washingtonpost
what did he mean by this

lol i cant even imagine how hard you have to swallow your pride to believe wapo and cnn

Good enough for the CIA. ;)

Which is more than your dumbass had.

You had multiple investigations and even got Clinton herself to testify. It's over. You lost. You can keep kicking that horse but it'll stay as dead as it ever was.

Remember when Trump was going to lock her up? Yeah, we all remember. Remember when he didn't an immediate about face because he realized he had nothing? Yeah, we all remember.

>I think I'll continue supporting the WaPo, NYT,

i'm sure you will

that's part of being a good, trained little puppy.

their indoctrination worked well on your feeble, uncritical little mind.

now, go over there and parrot the talking points you hear from WaPo. because WaPo REALLY cares about you. really, they do.

>the only reason she walked free is because of comey

The only reason she walked free is because there was no evidence of her committing a crime. Trump agreed.

You sir are what is known as a 'useful idiot'

It's pretty easy given how often they're right. Literally a hobby of mine to see them post something, come here and soak up all the "FAKE NEWS WAAAH" posts before it's confirmed by Trump or his administration only for everyone to turn around and go "this doesn't matter".

no. that's not what comey said at all. he said there was NO INTENT. he acknowledged she DID commit crimes.

you are literally too stupid to comment.

why do criminals get in trouble for trying to "ask" a witness not to show up to court?

>foreign agent

this is all just to avoid attention to the Hillary investigation in Bangladesh

Why do Redditors from /r/Politics come to Sup Forums? Honest question.

When someone is this much in the tank for a particular political side and is a simple citizen; it is a danger to the republic. We live in dangerous times indeed.

>he acknowledged she DID commit crimes.

No he didn't. He said she was careless. That's it. The reason she isn't in jail is pretty easy to figure out: she didn't commit a crime. Comey agreed. Trump agreed. Literally the United States Congress couldn't even find something to put her away on.

It really burns you guys up that Hillary walked away while within half a year a special counsel had to be set up to deal with all of Trumps bullshit doesn't it?

And yet you still have no evidence. You're literally posting a picture of the two of them standing next to each other and filling in the blanks.

You. Got. Nothing.

you, whatever you are, are one strange individual.

the only reason she walked was because of comey. which, btw, he has a long and glorious record of doing.

marc rich dindu nuffin wrong

> Clinton’s emails included seven message chains with information classified as top secret.

> “None of these emails should have been on any kind of unclassified system.”

> “Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

There were two other threads talking about Trump asking several other people to intervene. According to the spam threads Trump asked everyone in DC.

The threads popped up after the "ABCNews Exclusive: Comey will stop short of saying Trump obstructed justice in Flynn probe, source says" story was posted. Really makes you think.

abcnews.go.com/Politics/exclusive-comey-stop-short-trump-obstructed-justice-flynn/story?id=47865739

Nah I'm just a political junkie and get a kick out of seeing stupid loudly proclaim their ignorance.

NO INTENT, FAGGOT

> To warrant a criminal charge, Mr. Comey said, there had to be evidence that Mrs. Clinton intentionally transmitted or willfully mishandled classified information. The F.B.I. found neither, and as a result, he said, “our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

>the only reason she walked was because of comey.

And yet even with Comey done she won't be put in jail. Even with the president of the united states promising a special prosecutor. Because she didn't commit a crime.

>potential violations
>no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case

Proving my point? Clinton didn't commit any crimes. Comey agreed.

You really don't get how espionage laws work, do you? Any breach in clearance, any accidental leak, is still illegal. No one can say "I don't know" or "I don't recall" as an excuse for gross mismanagement of classified or sensitive materials.

>Nah I'm just a political junkie and get a kick out of seeing stupid loudly proclaim their ignorance
you're a hardcore shill. the funny thing is that deep down you know you're full of shit.

NO CRIME BITCH

PROVE ME WRONG

OH WAIT, YOU GET PROVEN WRONG BY CLINTON WALKING FREE EVERY DAY

lol

Keep fucking that chicken.

Named sources get arrested, flee to russia, or hide in the UK's equadorian embassy. So, I guess it's better to be unnamed.

Comey never reported obstruction of justice. He's not even going to bring it up on Thursday.

>You really don't get how espionage laws work, do you? Any breach in clearance, any accidental leak, is still illegal. No one can say "I don't know" or "I don't recall" as an excuse for gross mismanagement of classified or sensitive materials.
this
the sharia blue cuck shills are out full force tonight

>Any breach in clearance, any accidental leak, is still illegal.

Clearly not lol. Couldn't even get charges brought up.

Here's the truth--

James Comey was politically compromised.

No reasonable or responsible FBI director would take the trouble to hold a press conference, LAY OUT the case for prosecution, then say, "lol nah she didn't intend to break the law" (which is not what the law says either)

So you tell me what's what.

Thanks for this image. It's funny how quickly Sup Forums can flip-flop and pretend how the board felt and said a month ago wasn't true.

Where is the proof trump himself is being investigated?

Has anyone ever crashed and burned so fast?

trump is not a smart man

So where has anyone said there is evidence of collusion?

I can show you multiple sources that say there is non.

I'm sure it is, sweetie.
You guys will never learn.

>washingtonpost

I think it's time to start arresting reporters. I believe the American people would support it.

>So you tell me what's what.

Oh that's easy. There was never a proper case for putting Clinton in jail (ask Trump why he never got a special prosecutor). Comey did his job and laid it all out. Clinton was sloppy with classified intel but that's about it. Nothing worse than what Trump is up to am I right?

>but it's OK when Trump does it!!!!

Yeah beating 17 GOP candidates, destroying the Bush dynasty, pulling of a monumental victory when the MSM told us for a year and a half that he has no chance in hell of even getting 200 EC votes and tried to demoralize the shit out of the right, he's a total idiot who doesn't know what he's doing

how could trump ask to cover up if no crime ever took place. characterizing it as a coverup is obviously misrepresenting what people are saying.

If the stories are complete fabrications why haven't the accused parties sued for libel?

When will Sup Forums learn that Hillary has this in the bag? That glass ceiling is getting shattered comrades!