Hear me out

Although the subjects unrelated, I'm posting here because I feel like you guys are my friends.

That being said, any of you entertain a belief in astrology? Relating this to politics seems like a stretch, but keep in mind a Platonian conception of politik and then consider how astrology was prevalent in academic circles for a large portion of recorded history - only recently being cast aside.

I consult multiple astrological sources daily, and I find more solace in them than I would any religious text.

If interest is shown, I can provide my own defense of astrology's legitimacy in the comments.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HEJO8t_wCUQ
austincoppock.com/june-2017-astrology/
youtube.com/watch?v=fQmb-eaCFw0
ranker.com/list/greatest-musicians-who-died-before-30/ranker-music
youtube.com/watch?v=abLKzCaenvE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Something so vague and near impossible to truly relate to ordinary lives could never have any more power than you let it have, it only works because you believe it works. Those stars are light years away, they will collapse you won't know.

Now switch to monotheistic pantheism and get high whenever you think "I am what I am."

>Hear me out Anonymous (ID: PlvNp/UQ) 06/07/17(Wed)00:44:40 No.1288301

wappo wappo wappo wappo

youtube.com/watch?v=HEJO8t_wCUQ

But haven't you heard from those cliche physicists in the public eye that we are "made of stardust"? That being true, wouldn't it stand to reason that we have a direct relationship with the stars above?

Oh believe me I kek'd

pattern recognition is something humans excel at. we do it quickly, because we're wired in parallel. it's excellent at filtering noise.

combine with ancient austismites that recorded the star procession over hundreds of years and patterns emerge. linking them directly is bad logic though, because many things can share root commonalities with the procession of definable time-frames. a cycle of 17 years can easily coincide with another pattern group. when you stretch out your prediction set into 4 year groupings, or 1000 year groupings, fuck yes you fill find patterns. statistically, you should be finding them. it's so much noise that you can filter anything from it.

Consider the heightened prevalence of stargazing in the old days. Not only was the sky necessary for survival, but images were created for entertainment. You wouldn't say the sun (a star) has no impact on the shaping of our lives, so why deny minor stars a relative impact as well?

>the stars will collapse
prove it

Better yet prove that collapse won't have some effect on our lives. Seems foolish to me to think it wouldn't

I think it's one the few things in the world that actually works. That being said the only way for it to be effective in your life is by knowing the exact time of birth, otherwise it's not worth a damn.

Reminder that Astrology is the #1 example of pseudoscience and how people's biases and willful suspension of logic and disbelief allow them to deceive themselves and construct massive systems of belief based on absolute fallacy.

The planets. aren't. magic. They aren't controlling you. There is no connection. There is only your delusional belief in unsupported fantasies, nothing more.

sure, and we're going even deeper into quantum uncertainty. all of it adds energy to the system. even if it's below our capability to measure, the energy will reorder because it must. humans, at least so far, spend a lot of our energy fighting entropy. we fight against the current, so yes it affects us. all of it can and does

what are your thoughts on Vedic astrology?

Reminder that personality testing, conspiracy theories, and holocaust denial are all labeled pseudosciences. The plain fact is that the planets and stars have energy in abundance. Being that we are energetic beings, it'd be illogical to assume there's no interaction whatsoever between our bodies and celestial ones. Also logical is to subscribe to the principle of sufficient reason - astrology aims to introduce a reason for all that pretty glimmer in the sky.

You are not made of stardust, you are made of cellular organisms living on a collective that have been continuously designed to suit this biome for around one and a half billion years. You are the result of the natural laws of the universe which in turn lead to your creation.

You came from the universe's mind, stardust is helium and hydrogen. Nasty stuff, why would you want to be made of that unless you were a fusion system?

The only way they could is if they sent a gamma ray burst in our direction, otherwise nothing more than a light going out in our sky. Even if those protons and neutrons came from a star, it'd be Sol, the closest star or more likely whatever star collapsed to create Sol.

You said it brother. My thinking then is why should we reject a long standing source claiming to hold helpful knowledge that's specifically relevant to our daily lives?

Astrological symbols are like a map of the mind, with the different houses and signs representing various aspects and facets of the mind.

You could think of it as an older version of MBTI, with lots more detail and storytelling used to illustrate the various aspects.

Once you understand the symbolic system, then you can use things like Tarot cards or astrology charts as a Rorschach test of sorts. You deal out a random arrangement, experience an unconscious reaction, upon which further conscious reflection can reveal internal mental states.

With astrology, this can be extrapolated from the micro individual level to a macro historical level. The history of mankind can be mapped onto the movement of the stars. However, I don't think astrological events necessarily predetermine future historical events. Rather, we map our past onto astrological events, and through layers of storytelling we can discover patterns and gain insights into the nature of man and manifest the destiny of our higher will.

I hear it's the legit source but I subscribe more to western

>you are made of cellular organisms living on a collective that have been continuously designed to suit this biome for around one and a half billion years.
and where did they come from

Astrology is no different than technical analysis in finance. TA looks at current patterns and makes a prediction based on what happened when those patterns showed up in the past. That's really all astrology is, looking at the star patterns and interpreting them based on the effects recorded from past instances. Except TA and finance is a far more constricted field, whereas mundane astrology literally contains everything that could happen, so interpretation is key and often wrong.

>Those stars are light years away
no

You just went way over my head mate, I'll have to do some exterior reading to understand what you're putting forth

yeah i'm just not sold at all that the patterns are more than repeating static we pick out of the sky. but i think entropy is very interesting, and enjoy science-ish threads

actually firmament. they are right above us. Space is just fiction.

Really couldn't have said it better myself, although I disagree with the future determination bit. The way I see it, it's like all these bodies are points on a grid and we can draw an imaginary line between them and our domes. Since the stars were around long before humans developed, and since they're so far away, I can't help but figure their influence comes first.

Wrong or misinterpreted? Regardless I think the value comes in the way the predictions force us to analyze our individual situations.

For me the repeating static is made sensible when you subscribe to the notion that "you've already happened" in some way, meaning life is cyclical and we're really not as individual as we like to think. I'm sure you've read the last question..?

Wel there are a lot of crap astrologers out there, but many who seek the truth, I'd say misinterpreted, even smart people can come to the wrong conclusions due to bias, poor data or incorrect interpretation etc

Complex mineral reactions in our oceans, which were warm enough to do this easily. Some scientists also use static electricity when trying to recreate this, regardless the "natural" aspect of this happening connects you directly to the laws of the universe and that should be the very end of any supernatural thinking.

After creation, these things redesigned themselves to fit the environment and the environment imprinted itself onto them.

>flat earthers
You know I can never believe you guys and think anyone who argues against you is responding to a heard of trolls?

I think you are poor.

Gauquelin proved conclusively that the four main signs correlated to certain professions
He was hounded to his grave, in fact he killed himself
When he began, Gauquelin had no belief in astrology
His books can still be found, second hand shops & online I suppose
If you rely on online reviews/sources, you're likely to hit on the 'scientific sceptics' who lied about him then to the point he chose death rather than continually deal with them
He names famous warriors, writers, artists, inventors etc. who were true to their signs

i always thought it was neat that we've created minerals and elements that don't necessarily exist in nature. it implies again that we're simply complex chemistry that is adept at reordering. it's like the universe lets life exist, but only just

Predicting how your week will go based on your sun sign is bullshit. Predicting someone's personality using a full reading works, but I have no idea why. I just chalk it up to life's mysteries and move on with my life.

On the flip side that could be the beginning of supernatural thinking. Also not sure why you grouped me in the flat earthers corner, although my curiosity always pushes me to hear them out.

>the four main signs
there are 12 zodiac signs, which 4 are you talking 'bout?

That's where astrology gets lost on most people, in that they don't recognize its a composite study. Such is the fruit of a superficial review

>stardust is helium and hydrogen.

A star can make every element up to iron before it supernovas, which can create much heavier elements like uranium.

Try reading more than a few paragraphs on sun cycles before lecturing.

Or that the universe may do as it pleases and to be pleased all that must happen is any organism within it with the ability to feel like doing something is a good idea? If humans are so connected to the universe and so created or imprinted by the universe, then it is still the universe's will.

I'd like it to be the end.

The stardust of early stars that actually fused was predominantly hydrogen and helium, iron is the result of fusion and nothing actually useful for what a star does. Therefore, stardust is hydrogen and helium, starshit is iron and carbon.

Why come in to act smarmy and tell me I'm dumb?

my gyro disagrees with you, it's flat, stop living in a fairy tale

been digging this guy's column and podcast interviews
austincoppock.com/june-2017-astrology/

in addition to this youtube.com/watch?v=fQmb-eaCFw0

Just did a cursory review but I think the four "signs" are actually the planets Mars Jupiter Saturn and the moon, each having a relation to specific career paths like athlete writer politician etc

The funny thing is that you don't even have to go that deep into it to sway someone's opinions. In my experience all you have to do is find out what someone's Sun/Moon combo is, look up some stock description of it, and ask them how accurate they think it is. I did that for my skeptic younger brother and after that he changed his tone on astrology real damn quick.

Please anonbros post more good Astrology sources thanks

Love hearing that kind of anecdote. It's almost like there was a smear campaign against astrology for its usefulness in self discovery. At least that's the way I reason it, seeing as though actualized individuals aren't necessarily desirable in a hierarchy

astrology and flat earth got smeared to introduce astronomy and a spinning ball fairy tales

OP, I've been studying Zain's work and others for many years. (www.light.org) For the skeptics I would suggest starting with L.Edward Johndro, he was a physicist and electrical engineer and his work is very interesting from a technical point of view. I would also suggest some study of John H. Nelson's work for the skeptics. He was an engineer for RCA and his work is quite impressive. The data is out there is you want to examine it, or not. Modern western astrologers do an extremely poor job of explaining their system of observation and analysis and others have done nothing to help by selling their knowledge and making it into snake oil. I quite trying to defend my studies decades ago.

What convinced you of flat earth? I've never really opened a diologue with a believer. My main question is, if our earth is flat, what's it resting on? Or is a floating disc permitted in this view?

"Hey, listen! Listen! Listen, man! listen, man!
I don't know how many you people believe in astrology...Yeah, that's right...that's right, baby, I...I am a Sagittarius. The most philosophical of all the signs. But anyway, I don't believe in it. I think it's a bunch of bullshit, myself. But I tell you this, man, I tell you this. I don't know what's gonna happen, man, but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames. Alright!"- Jim Morrison

I'm pretty sure that it was Christcucks smearing it for being paganistic witchcraft.

it's not resting on anything, there is no outer space, earth is all there is, a realm .. water above, water below ... with lights circling above us

there is no curvature and there is no axial rotation

a gyroscope proves it, among other things

That's a scary thought in a way. I have always wondered how the sky resembled the ocean. Takes balls to subscribe to flat earth among the ridicule, hats off

Hi OP, since this is Sup Forums what do the signs of
- Donald Trump
-Jared Kushner
-Ivanka Trump-Kushner

...say about them, on the surface and deeper? What's in store for them?

My experience with astrology is like many other guys: girlfriends convince me to be "read" and always stunned by specifity of results. Also a loopy coworker read Tarot cards she had made to me, and nothing's made me more paranoid, almost lost my shit

Morrison dead at 28. Classic Saturn return activity for artists and musicians. Lots of them don't make the transition to the next cycle. ranker.com/list/greatest-musicians-who-died-before-30/ranker-music Great Stuff!

seems ridiculous until you break the programming one piece at a time, then it turns around on you and you can't even believe how you ever swallowed a spinning ball

heliocentric model is a fantasy, supported only by myths (Eratosthenes, ship over horizon, circumnavigation...) and TV trickery, there is NOT ONE SINGLE scientific evidence for a ball

Have you ever met one of the 12?

>I feel like you guys are my friends
yay burger friend

Personally Donald and I share a sun sign - Gemini. Considered to be of a dual nature, intellectual, misunderstood, superficial/fickle. He seems to check all those boxes, although many would like to pretend he's an idiot.

As for Kushner, he's a Capricorn. Being an earth sign, he's got a firm grip on the material world, which shows in his industrious pursuits. If you search his birthday, you'll see a list of character traits.

Lastly Ivanka's a Scorpio. Being that they generally don't get along well with my kind, I'm not well versed, but from what I've read they can be seen as a typical detective - not afraid to put in effort to dig up those nitty gritty details.

Like has been said earlier in the thread, birth times could reveal so much more, but using online chart calculators and provided dates/locations can show a lot about a person.

OP, I've been studying Zain's work and others for many years. (www.light.org) For the skeptics I would suggest starting with L.Edward Johndro, he was a physicist and electrical engineer and his work is very interesting from a technical point of view. I would also suggest some study of John H. Nelson's work for the skeptics. He was an engineer for RCA and his work is quite impressive. The data is out there is you want to examine it, or not. Modern western astrologers do an extremely poor job of explaining their system of observation and analysis and others have done nothing to help by selling their knowledge and making it into snake oil. I quite trying to defend my studies decades ago.

But what about the other planets? Aren't they spherical, or do they too not exist? If so that really flips my conception of astrology on its shell.

Not sure what you're asking

Luckily for me I don't have skeptical issues when it comes to astrology, although it'll be helpful for me to forward these reputable sources to my more scientifically inclined doubters in the future, so thanks for that. As for the light.org, looks very promising. I've only scratched the surface of astrology, so I appreciate the in-depth catalogue.

earth is a plane, not a planet
there's two types of lights up there, those that circle together (stars) and those that wander on their own path (planets - wandering stars)

planets are not huge worlds somewhere far away, it's just a fairy tale, we don't know what planets actually are

even if they are spheres, doesn't mean you live on one. pool balls are spheres, pool table is flat.

youtube.com/watch?v=abLKzCaenvE

Nice response, thx m8

I like that analogy. I figure you've got some interest in Antarctica too then?

the antarctic treaty is the reason we can only guess what's going on there, and there was no north-south circumnavigation, ever. if you find that ONE case, check his route and see if that's circumnavigation for you. also admiral bird and his testimony.