English spread

How did the foreigniggers of Sup Forums learn English?

And we know that all the Japan flags are English teachers.

Playing videogames.
Back when I was a kid I was obsessed with rpgs so I grabbed an English-Spanish dictionary and translated word for word of each game I played. When I finished with two or threw I pretty much understood any written English of normal level. The downside of this method is that gave me a strong accent for many years, as I had no idea what spoken English sounded like.

When I was born American.

By watching Only Fools and Horses, Black Adder, Allo Allo and such

Oh, and Walker the Texas ranger

Friendly reminder that if you're a good writer, edit the CRAP out of the english Wikipedia on all Sup Forums related topics.

My grandma was from New Zealand, my mom is bilingual, private school was bilingual and i love heavy metal.

I'm actually a grad student. Don't lump us all in with those worthless faggots.

When I was 14, I used to watch tons of english movies with arabic subtitles on tv, noting down every sentence they say with it's equivalent arabic translation.
2 years later I've Sup Forums, and the rest is history.

tv, movies and music at a very early age.

feels good

When I was 14, I used to watch tons of english movies with arabic subtitles on tv, noting down every sentence they say with it's equivalent arabic translation.
2 years later I've found Sup Forums, and the rest is history.

>Walker the Texas ranger

from cartoon network

I learned English in my house?English is my first language also this

cartoon network

Meanwhile I was modding skyrim

8 years studying, I started when I was 12.

Plus movies, music, and lurking here all day long

I was born a German blooded man English speaking nation.

nice digits, nice childhood

It was either learn English ASAP or be the only white kid in the ESL class.

This also still have shitty pronunciation because never practised speaking.

Started with games the come internet and then came movies, books and music.

Watching Cartoon Network and playing vidya.
Became semi-fluent shortly after I started lurking on Sup Forums for twelve hours a day.

By consuming the entire cultural output of the USA during the first twenty years of my life.

I mean, you guys pretty much have a monopoly on good games, movies and TV shows. What the fuck are the rest of us supposed to do if not learn the language and join the ride?

The internet teached me

Watching movies and television.
Once I had the basics down I could infer the meaning of other words based on the context or scenario.

by selectively shutting down parts of my brain. flows naturally then.

not fell for the jewish propaganda machine and stop consuming their trash, that's what we're supposed to do

well meme'd

>spanish teacher in highschool always told me that "english is the hardest language to learn"
>see everyone on Sup Forums posting how they learned from music, movies, video games, the internet, etc.
>I've watched gook cartoons subbed since I was 11 and I don't know a single Japanese word apart from kawaii
I feel like english is pretty easy to at least get a handle on, since even if you completely butcher spelling, grammar, etc. Most people will still get the gist of what you're saying.

I was Grade 2 when I transferred over and the ESL teacher at the time started by reading books to me. It was one-on-one so I had a lot of help.

That's it though- read, repeat and learn.

It depends what your native tongue is and how far it is from English. Japanese people literally can not speak English unless they've lived abroad. Also Spanish teachers just like to make excuses for lazy Mexicans.

>Japanese people literally can not speak English unless they've lived abroad
On the contrary they got a lot of words from English and foreign origin. So this is a fucking mystery

Video games and internet also helped

Once you get the basics it teaches itself.

Spelling can be hard to remember if you don't take the time to read, tho.

Thanks, my white amigo.

This, I have no idea where my parents got me all the games in English or if I was just too stupid to change the language but I started learning English through playing English games (Command and Conquer), then excessive internet usage and nowadays I just watch every movie in English and read a lot of classical /lit/erature in English. I feel like my writing in English is impeccable but I still need some practice in speaking it since I never really spoke any English with anybody. I do practise speaking English by repeating what people say in movies and YouTube videos, though.

Just talk to yourself, brah

Proper, essential English is easy. Colloquial is hard as fuck. Advanced stuff is hard too with the variations in pronunciations, synonyms and exceptions based on loanwords, eg. (che)mistry vs (che)mise. At some point, learning English just becomes rote learning.

Funny thing is that I started speaking to myself in English and having thoughts in English ever since I started browsing Sup Forums heavily many years ago. I no longer think in Spanish and havent read a Spanish book since like 8 years, even though I do read a lot of books in English.

Anyone else entirely 100% cucked by the Anglos?

Katakana Engrish hardly even resembles the English it's based off. I shit you not, those are the hardest words for me to understand because there's no rhyme or reason to them and the pronunciation is butchered to hell and back.

kek I assume the "inflections" part of the brain?

>How did the foreigniggers of Sup Forums learn English?

Joke's on you, I never learned English, you retarded faggot lmao

Movies, tv shows and games... My language also adopted a lot of anglicism and school education helped somewhat. From there it was just the matter of connecting the dots and English just clicked for me.
I spoke English actively on voice comms over the past decade so I would think my accent is alright.
I sometimes stumble on words but I'm quick to correct myself

born in native english speaking country

>That post, by You.

Are you me?

Is it refreshing to go from a highly inflected language to a language with almost zero inflections?

because English and foreign concepts were transliterated into their "I can't end on a consonant unless it's 'n'" vocalization. It's not like they properly pronounce them.

Played WoW in english when I was 13.

I think also they don't speak much in the educational system, just translate writing. Told to me by Japanese people who moved here.

Would be like studying Cicero's Latin in high school and then somehow visiting ancient Rome as an adult.

Cucked by the eternal Anglo, but I think it's great though. Entertainment is much higher quality in English. Hispanics fucking suck at movies, games, literature and even translating.

No, just different... But I would trade them any day for such a rich vocabulary.

Apparently their educational system is pretty dogshit for teaching English, from what I heard.

There's gotta be a reason that chinks have a better handle on English than nips.

MMOs, Games, School, Western media, T.V., talking to people and the Internet pretty much.

I met a Costa Rican who learned English from watching the Die Hard movies. He had seen them in subtitles so many times that he started picking up on what the actors were saying. His English was actually really good, he just didn't know that we generally don't swear as much as Bruce Willis in everyday conversations.

They just memorize vocab without ever really speaking or even consuming foreign media.

I've heard more of the same from chinks to be honest.

I could see chinks having more incentive to learn English because they want to do business with us or immigrate to our countries. While some weebs here want to immigrate to Japan kek

Base in Highschool. Watching TV w/o reading subtitles. Reading books in english. In the 90's you could buy books from Amazon at great prices with one or 2 weeks delivery down here. Great times.

school and playing games + watching some tv series / movies in english

And tell me, when did u learn your second language?

He learned Canadian in highschool

Learning English is much harder for a Japanese speaker since the syntax is totally different.

In our youth games and movies were imbued with the original american spirit. That was good.

Today's is MTV "dear white people" and SJWs ruining everything. By leftist nature USA is loosing the monopoly on good entertainment.

Chihiro for example is 1000s better than anything Hwd has produced recently.

Let's face it, english is a better lang to think on. It's better suited for technical matter and objectivism.

Por otro lado el español es mas floreado, we can circle-jerk talking shit, getting nothing done, solo sembrando cizaña. Es más fácil sembrar cizaña en español than in english.

It's because of several reasons.

1. Most nip teachers only study English in University. It was in the news a ton of English teachers scored at the level of a Junior High student.
2. They mostly lecture. Talk about English for 40 minutes. Practice and have fun for 5. Although engineering classes have been the same…
3. English dispatch companies are awful. They don't care about quality. Just keeping the schools happy. Even if it means breaking the law.

Translating Iron maiden song as I grew up and playing legend of Zelda ( link to the past )

I was always ahead in English class from primary to uni , I think liking rock/metal music was the biggest factor because most of the bands I liked sang in English

>3. English dispatch companies are awful. They don't care about quality. Just keeping the schools happy. Even if it means breaking the law.
These companies basically provide English teachers to schools, right? How can they break the law?

Anata wa baka no oshiri, nyukka

Not him, but I tried learning Spanish when I worked at a jail. I had the same trustees working with me for several weeks, and they would tell me the Spanish names for things we used, and a little sentence structure. Unfortunately, to my embarrassment, they were having a running joke. Every word they taught me was really a way to say that I was a fag of some sort. It took me over a month to figure this out, which was when I tried to order food from a waiter at a Mexican restaurant.

cuck canadian? ou trompé canadienne?

see? you were shitposted on real life... marica :)

They work teachers over the 30 hours a week but use but do some back handed stuff to make it seem like its at 29.5. The government keeps trying to catch them and make them pay healthcare. Thats why interac broke into several smaller companies. To avoid it. Schools also arent allowed to tell the dispatches what to do. Its against the law. Most companies tell the teacher to do it anyways and just keep quiet. If not they just replace the teacher with some other random degree undergrad.

:-D Pretty funny

Jajaja, que hijos de puta!

I autistically played FF9 in two nights when I was 6
after that I can read English and snowball from there

Huh, wouldn't have expected such shitty behavior from these companies. I guess they get a fresh batch of young, disoriented teachers each year though.

>nyukka
I love that I have no idea what you said, but I understood this word

I sure was, but I don't know why you are calling me a mop bucket...

Meant for

Learned English by moving to Chicago from Spain when I was very young. I don't really remember anything specific I just remember picking it up from talking with bilingual Mexicans in my neighborhood and family members who spoke English and Spanish.

By watching movies that weren't dubbed. Seriously, most Spaniards are so fucking bad at English. I get all kinds of foreign pussy because I can speak English though. feels good.

Ebonics.

Yeah it can be bad. Most are just idiots who sign a contract and come over. Thats another reason why the English isnt so great at the schools. If you have a head on your shoulders it throws the companies off. My friend ended up having money taken by a large dispatch company and told he owed a 1k bucks on top. I had to help him go over his contract, talk to a lawyer, and record the company lawyer lying in hopes of getting money before they finally cut their shit out.

Never underestimate how many desperate weebs there are with no real skills, or how many sleazy guess try to come here to fuck slutty Japanese girls. The pool of desperate applicants is endless.

Hey, I am planing to apply to Jet this semester as I graduate. The plan is just to become fluent with my free time while I work and hopefully once I'm done I can network into something supply chain related (will have an econ degree from a good school).

Any general tips or suggestions?

>128841211

Are you actual nips? Please answer truthfully.

i am and read this board because racism is funny to me

Grand Theft Auto taught me English. Also we don't dub English movies only sub them which helped too

Weird question. The same way you learn anything else, e.g. embroidery, to swim, to fly planes, to code, to math and so on.

That's cool. I went to Japan once and it was amazing. There were also old guys that were really racist to me. It was awesome.

Im an american of scots-irish and anglo descent with ancestry traced back to the revolution and was born in arizona; rightful American clay.

A British lady taught us in private school.
Miss Eunice. Redhead, massive knockers, sucked the bone marrow out of me.
Let's just say she had a pedo streak for kids with freckles.
And I had freckles...

>I no longer think in Spanish
But you still speak it every day though? Did it slowly transition from Spanish to English?

Just so you know, Japanese is 2nd most popular language to study in a university here in Slovenia.

>Pic related (this year's number of applicants)

>English: 211
>Japanese: 59
>Slovene: 58
>Russian: 44
>German: 33
>Italian: 27

Nope, already said I'm a grad student, not a nip. It's nice here, except when I get lumped in with people like this
Based on what I've seen of other gaijin here, the racism here is totally justified, albeit pretty mild.

Not Ecuador but yes to both

this desu

i went to school... but the videogames almost helped more than my teacher

>videogames
>english literature
>english TV shows
>actively communicating with foreigners in TS (It was with people all over the world - so I got accustomed to hearing different accents from there)
>Sup Forums

School and reading lewd chinese drawings on the internet. Also Youtube.

Video games. Also had som extra education in all subjects in the first and second grade because i was smarter than all the other kids (i was lucky to attend a school in which they gave extra attention to those who would actually benefit from it). When i started playing shitty mmos in the late 90s at age 10 i already spoke decent english. Always had a habit of looking up words or usage of words when ever i am uncertain.

sorry to disappoint you buddy, you’ve speaking american, not english.