Why are jobs in finance and banking literally the only high paying jobs available to college graduates?

Why are jobs in finance and banking literally the only high paying jobs available to college graduates?

Outside of finance and banking your only options are pleb tier data entry, sales and call center cuck jobs which all barely pay above minimum wage.

What the fuck did I do a 3 year STEM degree for if I was going to compete with high school dropouts for jobs anyway?

>jobs in finance and banking
>available
NO

user fell for the degree meme.

What uni?

this isn't even good shit posting, you faggot

>What the fuck did I do a 3 year STEM degree for if I was going to compete with high school dropouts for jobs anyway?

Find your own way faggot and quit crying. I'm not even working in the field I went to College for, and I'm making well more than I ever would had I stayed on that path.

It's fucking shit man. I study the bachelor of laws and I'm hearing horror stories form graduates with honors and who can't get shit. They are quality too but not fags and like most lawyers, tend to be mostly disagreeable, conscientious white males, who don't give a fuck if it's a shitskin or a broad they're going up against, as long as its a fair fight. In my state they've introduced a policy: Women must get 50% of all briefs among a shitload of other bullshit policies. I have been to 4 interviews for internships where they held first round interview presentations conducted by an interviewee in front of all the other interviewees and they have to explain why they should gett the position. They all ran the same way, the white guys would 90% of the time run a top presentation, they spoke clear english, and they stuck to the topic. The white women would generally speak good english, if not a bit informal and generally stick to the point. THe immigrants were fucking terrible, spoke shit english, one of them spoke at length about their trouble at kabul airport with discrimination - I shit you not - and they were all but applauded by the mostly female hiring staff. That cunt got a job with the OPP and he couldn't speak english and was a legit sub 80 IQ moron in a complimentary suit with a sob story. This is just a snippet of the problems new graduate white men face today. Feminism and neo-marxism cunts.

user, you get your pleb tier job and then you work your way up. Without a degree, you can't do that.

Also, those guys from Harvard/Princeton/wherever who end up in banking and finance work like 100-120 hour weeks and snort coke just to get by.

That's what you get for relying on liberal college to help you in real life. What a crybaby.

>Go to school for easiest pre-law because free$ grant/scholarships are everywhere
>Get housing/living expenses more than paid for.
>Graduate on time
>"Oh no, I don't want to compete in the real world", "Gotta stay on this free$ train!"
>Basically start a part time job applying/interviewing for grants.
>Get financed for a second degree in STEM.
>There's a $1k refund incentive to complete your degree plan on time.
>Graduate on time, pass go, collect $1k

Now I'm 6 months out of school and overqualified for an entry position in either profession. Been using $1k good boy reward to buy/sell consumer electronics from craigslist while driving for Uber/Lyft. Probably won't use my education in the near future.

Might have played out the degree scam, but at least I didn't fall for it.

Go to a grad scool, filthy undergrad.

Because in our debt based econemy finance creates the most "value"

Just got a job as an Engineer in the energy industry. Git gud.

Learn a skilled trade. Bust ass as a helper, whether it's plumbing, welding, electrical, HVAC. Do shit with your hands, be a man.

Jobs in Google, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Salesforce and almost all major Valley firms pay well.

yeah but you need to be programmer for those

everything else is just pleb tier support or project management work

>tfw all my friends got into finance
>tfw they talk about making like 80k right out of college and they are complaining its low
>talk about how they'll be in six figures in a couple years easy like its no big deal
>all they do is basic easy shit like enter numbers into programs and verify loans or whatever the fuck while browsing internet
I really messed up my life

If its any consolation you'll be at a higher standing than the highs school dropouts in your STEM field interviews... unless competing against older guys with no education but with hands on experience from working their way up in the the field for years or tech experience from military service... then yeah you're fucked lol.
For some reason, graduates from the past decade or so are the only people who put higher education on a huge pedestal for no reason. Now all the biggest "minds" and leaders like Elon Musk and Gates are coming out and saying college isn't important and most people shouldn't set it as a priority. Just bad luck for millenials being born into the time frame where for no reason everyone and their parents cornered you into thinking if you don't go to college you're an automatic loser with no alternatives. Most likely some kind of regret mechanism they have for not capitalizing on higher education when it was dirt cheap and of actual quality back in the 70's-80's. And I anyone today who goes to college without a firm plan of what career path they want to pursue is out of their fucking mind. Even if you do have a good plan of what to study and how to get involved in your field coming out of school, you should still heavily consider going to community college for 2 years then transfer to a state university, so that way when your plan falls apart you'll have $20,000 in debt rather than $200,000.
That's what I did, by some miracle got a STEM job out of college $50k starting, and still regret spending the $20k in the first place, because I look around me and its all Baby Boomers and Gen X's refusing to budge from the entry level tech position they've had for 30 years. Fucking mind blowing. What hinders you from finding open positions for quality jobs is the thing that inhibits you from finding quality housing for an affordable price. Boomers who've sat on it for decades and refuse to give it up for what its worth due to unparalleled entitlement.

Bachelor's degrees are worthless by default. Get a Master's and move on to PhD if you wanna make good money outside of (((finance and banking))).

bump

I work for a music company and get paid to think up words that describe music.

Pretty comfy.

Careers focused on money make more money.

Stay tuned for updates on this developing story.