'Runescape' Is Having a Pride Event, and Players Plan on Rioting:

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/runescape-pride-event-players-plan-riot-2017

Let me summarize.

>Runescape developer team announce a Pride Event in game for the first time
>players upset that a poll was not done, inserting politics into the game, and disliking fags in general
>in game 'riots' start in Falador world 330 that feature players dressing like Klu Klux Klan members
>Jagex mods allegedly begin permanently banning people wearing the white robes
>biggest riot yet set for tomorrow June 8th when the Pride Event goes live

Are you ready for Gamergate 2.0?

The fire rises.

Chinese company that owns the game:

google.com/finance?cid=702643

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vz_hMPF0GWA
imgur.com/a/1qOph
youtube.com/watch?v=7byFeQwAKnA
archive.is/d2daR
youtube.com/watch?v=1EStV0-DBqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumping.

stop linking vice

Now we need a similar riot on 4chins to force the fags back to their containment board.

They keep constantly shitting up other boards with their degeneracy.

What happened to the last thread?

>gay pride and black pride is fine
>white power is horrible

bumb

98% chance this will blow over in less than 24 hours.

figuratively nothing

>Runescape goes fag

Not if le alt right has anything to say about it

multiple threads before bump limit i think. someone kept making new threads at ~100 posts

Bump

>the old school community
What is this faggotry?

time to log into my old account

would you niggers fuck off, you're doing more harm than good to the anti-event people. use your fucking brain

is world 330 f2p?

How can this game turn any more gay to begin with?

WOW literally who gives a shit

Those faggots dressed up in desert robes and had noose wands a few months ago in the GE and all got banned, and now they're doing it again?!?

kek

Now with frog masks.

Who the fuck plays Runescape?

Nah it's not lad

No, but it will be tomorrow.

Bump

I read that as Mod Sweden at first lol.

Neckbeards never change

I think I'll go as a rainbow Pepe OP, is that cool?

Bumppp.

They showcased the event on stream a few hours ago and it was a pretty pathetic event. Even mods ash and Archie would giggle during it, because of how dumb the dialogue was.

Reminder mod wolf is actually collecting a paycheck from this company.

There's been non stop riots in game for almost three days now, and the event hasn't even started yet

You do realize this is not the first LGBT friendly thing runescape has done right? There are gay characters. Hell there is even a tranny character in rs3.

HE IS HERE

who thinks styx will make a video about this because he still plays runescape like a damn 12 year old ?

A shapeshifter.

in rs3, they just made some characters gay. no one really cared because it was pretty minor to the other aspects of the characters/quests.

this is different. this is a global event to promote homosexuality created by some faggot mod with a big ego.

>the word hitler is censored
Top cuck.

what does a Rusescape "riot" look like? any clips?

>what does a Rusescape "riot" look like?
like a bad spamming effort in an aol chatroom.

you can switch off the filter you noob.

Gay characters in the past were sidenotes in random quests
this ass bandit is forcing it on the players, in full violation of the longstanding policy of polling the players first
hopefully the mod gets removed for being a genuine faggot

2017 STILL THE MODS TURNED AWAY
FIGHTING STREET TO STREET IN A TIME OF HOPE AND DESPERATION
THEY DID ON THEIR OWN AND THEY NEVER LOST THEIR FLAME MAGES, WARRIORS AND THIEVES FIGHT
THEY WERE BANNED SIDE BY SIDE AND THEY BLOOD THEY SHED UPON THE STREETS WAS A SACRIFICE WILLINGLY PAID

VALROCK CITY AT WAR VOICES FROM UNDERGROUND WHISPERS OF FREEDOM RISE UP AND HEAR THEIR CALL
HISTORY CALLING TO YOU

people standing around. Not really doing anything

Not playing RS3 where no one gives a shit about this

Idiots

pics of the ingame kkk?

No one plays RS3

Wait

Your telling me this male anal loving degenerate was granted a job, no doubt out of pity, and instead of showing gratitude his first act was to force his male anal cavity loving cult onto the general RS population, without that populations consent?

MEN OF RUNESCAPE; RAISE YOUR BANNERS OF FREEDOM HIGH, FOR TONIGHT WE RIDE TO FALADOR!

>old ass community built on shitposting veterans
>faggy new dev decides to skip the usual practice of poll approving updates
>for a GAY PRIDE event of all things
>on the phone with vice the next day
>talking about autism awareness and black pride next

There's no way they didn't anticipate this shit wouldn't go down like this. Too big a bait for the playerbase to meme over.

Gotta get 'dem retweets and PC points while they're all the rage, goys.

youtube.com/watch?v=vz_hMPF0GWA

lollool

Why world 30 when most of us are f2p fags?

That's odd,

I could of sworn world 2 is always full

Before this he deleted a quest he was making out of spite because people gave him criticism and he also was part of nerfing an item without a vote from the community.

He also said the event could be a teachable moment to the bigots. kek

Is all of this happening at Falador?

For the rest of the weekend, membership will be free. It is effective at 12:00 am and so forth.

wow one world
most worlds only have around 20-100 people

ADD GAYS AS A SLAYER TASK

TOP FUCKING KEK

>players upset a poll was not done
one-off events for holidays and events typically don't have polls

who still plays prunescrape?

I wasn't able to directly link the video straight from twitch for whatever reason, but I made an imgur post with a link, it's pretty funny lol
imgur.com/a/1qOph

Why does the game looks so fucking awful when other mmo games that came out at the same time look so much better?

Final fantasy 11 is 15 years old and looks so much better, still running today too.

Why do people play runescape at all?

2007 release of RuneScape, for the nostalgia but developed into it's own game and has managed to grab surprisingly many players.

we do, its just that rs3 players are too busy bitching about the game rather than caring what the retarded mods/streamers are up to in their daily lives'.

But this is happening tomorrow

Since the Menaphos update, on Monday, at peak times, there's been at least a 1000 on about 10 worlds.

there's rs3 that looks like a modern asian mmo, but oldschool is popular because it isnt a generic asian mmo

because it's a web browser game
people play it because the the mechanics are very unique, some might find it braindead dull grinding, but others enjoy that

Runescape was built in Java when folks were still using Dialup with shit computers.

And it's fun/stockholm syndrome, having taught many youngin's the importance of capitalism via merchanting in Fally and luring n00bs to the pvp zone with r scims

Surprisingly it's still really popular, especially for being a 16+ year old game. There's still generally 100k concurrent players at any given time, probably a few million paying subscribers in total.

It's happening tomorrow too.

I actually would still play OSRS if I didn't have to start over from nothing. Just don't have the time like I used to as a kid.
(I had a few 99s, everything else at least 70+, tons of gold and quests done) but nooo they had to force everyone in shitty rs3.

Why do people even play rs3?

Is that just items or this gay pride world as well?

I'm going to give away all my good shit to raide...protesters tomorrow.

it worked in a browser in fucking java, retard

youtube.com/watch?v=7byFeQwAKnA

Ah fair enough then.

Being old seems to be an advantage in this genre, the 2 most popular mmorpgs today are lineage 1 and wow. Both are around 15 years old.

It's easier to level up and make money now since we aren't retarded 12 year olds.

lol thanks, thats funny as fuck, that game is literally eye cancer though

Only if you created an account before the 5th

Literally what? The event is tomorrow so how will free membership weekend help?

Fuck.

>add gays as a slayer task

lmfao

>that kkk guild with banners patrolling the town

THIS NEEDS TO BE ON A F2P WORLD, HINT HINT WORLD 1 WHERE MOST PLAYERS ARE AT!

Are there any protests in free to play worlds right now

I don't want to wait until tomorrow

When you share an article from a shit journalism outlet, archive it.

copy the URL and paste it at archive.is

archive.is/d2daR

here ya g'eaux.

This is a great opportunity for an old fashioned raid. I think it would be worth participating in

>11 years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=1EStV0-DBqQ

I'm having flashbacks from childhood here...

If you burn logs in the shape of a swastika it leaves a big, red dot swastika on the map until the items disappear.

Post yfw this day becomes remembered as Anti-Gay-PK-Day when all the fags get massacred

Absolutely nothing wrong with RS3.

I hated RS3 when it launched, but got used to it.

>white robes come from the stereotypical desert region named Al Kharid
>Jagex banning them also shows their intolerance to Muslims and refugees

God I wish I still had my account.

Community groupmind shitposting alone is guaranteed to be more fun than the event itself.

>banning people for wearing an in game item

I wonder how they justify this.

dev who made the event is a literal newfag, he'll justify it on hurt feelings and the greater good alone

wrongspeech

The blood type patch on his bump helmet says "a (P)iece (O)f (S)hit.

he means from the update tomorrow at 12gmt, till the end of sunday.

>gay cyber riots timeline

get me off this ride lads

they're spamming "lynch niggers, gas fags" etc. they are not simply wearing items

Hopefully means double xp and rep as well.

One can only hope in a game that literally takes 500hrs to get a skill to lvl99

where are the russian hackers when you need them?

It would be understandable is they said something like "fuck fags" but for just wearing an in game item at an in game location, thats beyond insane.

Its you can equip the item and travel to an area in the game, thats that. You can wear and go wherever you want to. How they justify banning someone for wearing a piece of gear in a location is crazy.