Hiro Jewing Sup Forums meta

Sup Forums is doing some new shady stuff on some boards. Sup Forums is on the list.
Please spread the word

Other urls found in this thread:

skillcrush.com/2012/07/19/tracking-pixel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thank you. I've learned a hard lesson today. I'm going back to r/T_D.

Anyone else notice some threads just load indefinitely now? Really annoying.

bump

Can someone explain this to me? Thanks.

thread also on The consesus on both the Sup Forums and Sup Forums threads have been to use uMatrix and/or uBlock Origin and add this to your uBlock Origin filters:

||ekansovi.com$domain=Sup Forums.org

what does that mean

Just get uBlock, open settings and copy and paste that line into the filters list and the extension should do the rest and block that shit so that slimy jew Hiro doesn't fuck you in the ass tonight.

Will ghosterydo the job?

Seems slightly more common theses days to hit delays or things that fail to timeout as you'd hope. But judging by the pattern of complaints my internets tend to be less problematic than usual (I'm usually on residential comcast cable.)

I've never heard of ghosterydo in my life and it hasn't been mentioned in the Sup Forums archives. Try asking in the two linked threads mentioned previously. I'm just as clueless as any of you who just entered this thread.

Thanks user

Ghostery is like a social media scrubber. Removes shit like social media buttons and tracking from sites if I remember correctly.

Thank you for your reply. I'll read the Sup Forums thread, and hopefully I'll understand what's going on. Meanwhile, ..ekansovi=Sup Forums rule means that what can be served by Sup Forums is served from ekansovi, or to just don't touch them at all? And who/what/(why is it bad, I suppose), is ekansovi. Thanks you for your help and info.

>ekansovi.com
not for me

Nice and stay there. This is a CTR honeypot.

I get how to block it but what does this actually do? Can they see my ip or what?

Correct, analytics too etc

Some Russian site is monitoring what you're doing
Say "fuck you" to them by installing uBlock and follow the guide above
it blocks scripts and shit, basically like uMatrix but easier to use. Also blocks those ads at the bottom of threads

I agree man. I'm tired of this site, there's too much bullshit. At least we had effective mods on T_D. Tired of the spammers here.

Peace

I meant what does the ekansovi.com script/ pop-up do? Can they get my ip or something?

its a cross domain request so yes
but you should be more worried about catching malware ads as this is what the domain seems to emit

Also a better way is using *.ekansovi.com check pic related

Every site you access can get your ip.
ekansovi.com probably has something to do with ads, if anyone knows more pls share.

DO NOT USE GHOSTERY
They have been bought by an ad company.

uMatrix is fucking awesome.

All it needs now is implement a fine-tuned script blocker. Maybe a new page to select the scripts you want to allow to run.

Look up Decentraleyes.

So I did this. Am I safe now?

Not seeing anything from ekansovi anywhere on any of the blue boards.

Also clear your cookies and maybe cache if you want to be safe

Can someone explain why it is bad?

Nice, installed. Tks m8.

I am getting it.

thanks for bringing this to my attention, neighbor.

>Some Russian site is monitoring what you're doing
who fucking cares? the NSA is monitoring and cataloging every post on this site and theres nothing you can do to stop them. why is some russian site any different at this point?

>inb4 Sup Forumsharbor: eletric boogaloo

so what exactly is bad about this? unless a mod or hiro says something all is fine.

there was another sketchy site around a year ago. forget what it was called, but looks like it's gone now.

>Some Russian site is monitoring what you're doing
>Say "fuck you" to them by installing uBlock and follow the guide above
kys faggot how can someone be that retard.

>believing this
It's not a Russian site its either some basement dweller or something, definitely not a big company
Remember ekansovi is ivosnake backwards. Would you trust that?

There is an unknown group attempting to track Sup Forums users on Sup Forums please delete and block any cookies form "ekansovi.com".
Thanks

For more info see:
>>Sup Forums60798289

Someone posted the script that the runs from ekansovi.com
[Gist] ekansovi..js

It basically checks to see what board you're on and if you're on certain ones it creates a tracking pixel, a 1 pixel image, and stores on your computer.

More about tracking pixels here skillcrush.com/2012/07/19/tracking-pixel/

>Remember ekansovi is ivosnake backwards. Would you trust that?

?

>remember god is dog backwords, would you trust him??!!1

Also: mojigaga.com

Its pretty mucn "ivan snake". No, I wouldnt trust anyome who calls themself Ivan snake. Bump.

I have no idea what any of this means. Could someone plz help explain this to a someone who barely knows how to turn a computer on.

I am not seeing it in noscript, however I did find an ekansovi cookie on my list.

the russians are hacking Sup Forums

To those who think "So it's just another ad thing?"
this one is extremely suspicious. The tracker is being very secretive. They use an uncoventional method, their js is obfuscated and their DNS info is hidden.
Yeah except these people are going out of their way to hide the fact they're tracking people.

It's not like regular trackers, it circumvents ublock, umatrix, etc. the code is obfuscated, the domains its connected to are all hidden
Just because it's an advertising company doesn't meant they're just figuring out how to target ads. We don't know what they're actually doing with the tracking info.
This is what Hiro did to 2ch all over again

Bump

So it's time to flee to 8gag again?

In case thread dies again
dead
or the new thread on ekansovi

So do we force Hiro to sell the site Now?

No one would buy it.

What's the tracking image called?

Nobody needs to buy it. Imagine how useful this site is to intelligence and counterintelligence.

You get a relatively unvarnished and blunt reading on public opinion, and you can come here and try to seed and meme and shill.

>adglare.com
Totally safe

Yep, and the user base would scatter like roaches.
You think we'd ever get any insider information if they owned this shit?
It really is time for a new site.
Kim Dotcom should make a chan that's identical to this one.

Eh, we've always had satellite chans and stuff for people who for whatever reason want to be more out of the spotlight.

But Sup Forums has always been the motherland and always will.