Choose and explain

Sup Forums : David Lynch or Stanley Kubrick ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0yVoxUQ7Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=IdG7OSnyQnE
youtube.com/watch?v=hhkRQUtD_Jo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm a big fan of both their works, but as an artist I'd say Lynch is superior.

Kubrick is a master of film, but Lynch is the master of Kino.

Kubrick is Michelangelo, Lynch is Dali. Kubrick said Eraserhead is his favorite movie.

Kubrick all the way

i've only seen one kubrick flick and havent seen any lynch flicks baka

Kubrick.

free Kubrick kino

mega:#F!SIt2CCIS!kQtz9xNBKUirZBnzrDCJew

Very nicely said. Is it OC?

>mega:#F!SIt2CCIS!kQtz9xNBKUirZBnzrDCJew
You have my thanks.

Kubrick obviously, what kind of question is this. Was redpilled too.

kubrick. kubrick's stuff has substance, lynch is all style

Lynch, although Kubrick is great too. New Twin Peaks is the best thing on television.

The new Twin Peaks is the best thing on tv in years.

Lynch is a hack and his selling point is being weird.

>:#F!SIt2CCIS!kQtz9xNBKUirZBnzrDCJew
>Jew
>link stolen from reddit

I have not seen enough of their works to decide who is better. But I did just finish watching the first two seasons of twin peaks and its in my top 3 favorite shows of all time now. Really incredible how well a 27 year old show held up.

Bela Tarr destroys your favorite lying shit films.

only the start is good though. it rapidly devolves
>letting your work be butchered

Really? Is that a question? Lynch is far ahead of Kubrick. Maybe not at a technical-autist level, but as an artist, Lynch eats his cherry cake and drinks KubrickĀ“s damn good coffee.

The almost-parodic cheesiness of Twin Peaks means it will forever be a timeless show.

Season 2 has a lot of rough patches though

Kubrick, a clockwork orange is a punk/classical masterpiece, never has deplorable actions and a hateful protagonist portrayed so artfully and nuanced.

I thought Kubrick's favorite film was The Jerk.

Barry Lyndon is better than anything Lynch made imo

Lynch is garbage

He had a list of several favourites. Among them are Eraserhead, The Jerk, Treasure of the Sierra Madre and White Men Can't Jump.

Tried watching episode one, slow as molasses, and the cinematography amd staging didn't stand out. But that intro is one of the greatest intros to anything.

This is the only correct answer

>never has deplorable actions and a hateful protagonist portrayed so artfully and nuanced
You could argue Scorsese did an equally good job in Taxi Driver

You can skip everything after the episode where they reveal Laura's killer and go straight to the final episode. The only interesting story line after is with Windom Earle, and thats barely worth sitting through James' cross country adventures and Ben Horne:Civil War.

one represents reality through a cold vitreous lens,the other one represents it with an alienating and unexpeted tone.
can't compare properly

>27 year old
dolot thos roght focking now

Kubrick had a wider range, all of Lynch work can be ressumed on "and then weird shit happened".

Eyes Wide Shut is the best film ever made, followed by Full Metal Jacket, which used to be my favorite film, as well as the reigning best and most realistic war movie ever made, according to the other veterans in my office.

What is Kino, aside from being "cinema" in german?

Lynch work is Allan bout slowliness in action. You have to look deeper to see the wilderness of its characters and histories.

Bickle isn't despicable or hateful like Alex.

I take that back, because Travis was a kind of a deluded hero, not just pure predatory evil.

scorcese is a hack who didn't have the balls to make the gangsters niggers like they were originally

but the taxi driver was just disturbed, he believed what he was doing was right. he wasn't the same sort of character

Both excellent directors. They're among my favorites.

Doesn't Lyncg go full freud?

I like the way Lynch creates scenes, but I like the plots Kubrik worked with better. In other words, Lynch's style, Kubrick's substance.

Peter Jackson.
He created 6 movies and never cast a single black for any non makeup rolls

>vitreous
cool word

Kubrick was more redpilled than 99.99% of Sup Forums could ever hope to be, and it probably killed him.

Yeah season 2 should have had half the episodes. But the characters were so great that I kept watching, Leo and Windam brought it back for me in the last few episodes.

Kubrick, because I've never seen a Lynch film and Kubrick is redpilled as fuck anyway.

You won't find many nogs in Lynch or Kubrick movies either. The only character that pops in my head is the voodoo caretaker in The Shining.

The ultimate redpilled man was a jew, wew.

Kubrick. Lynch was utter shit, the only good thing in his filmography is The Elephant Man.

>arguing over the cinematic jew
BTW France, are you cucks still protecting that pedo-turbo-kike Polanski?

Yeah....he was actually. Also was quoted as saying "Hitler was right about almost everything."

takes one to know one, if you catch my drift

Both are great. Flip a coin. The Elephant Man is the only movie that has reduced me to a bubbling puddle of angry tears at humanity. And the first season of Twin Peaks is some of the best TV ever. But 2001 might be one of the 10 greatest films ever.

He was banned from the last Ceremony Of Oscars i believe. A fuckin (((Monster))).

not enough mentions of paths of glory ITT

youtube.com/watch?v=J0yVoxUQ7Q8

kubrick was a great man who was "redpilled" in a genuine sense (unlike most people here) regardless of being a jew

Well, as you say, user, this really is a matter of opinions. Barry Lyndon is a masterpiece, no doubt, but give me Lost Highway or The Straight Story or Wild at Heart alongside Lyndon on any given day and I would choose Lynch.

fuck,it's true,paths of glory is a masterpiece

Wow, hard to swallow, but I had already heard some shit like that. I really enjoy his films, they are the most beautiful films I have ever seen. "The Killing" was really aesthetic.

How has no one said this yet?

>Frederic Raphael, who co-authored the Eyes Wide Shut script with Kubrick, recalled that the director once remarked that "Hitler was right about almost everything", and insisted that any trace of Jewishness be expunged from the Eyes Wide Shut script. Kubrick's bizarre relationship to his own ethnicity deeply troubled Raphael, a fellow Jew.

Kubrick was a voracious reader, more than almost any human on earth. In addition to being extremely intelligent. And he was killed for it.

I haven't watched enough Lynch to pass judgement, but Muholland Drive is amazing film. It took a few watches for a brainlet like me to fully grasp it.

On a side note, I recently fell asleep watching 2001, and I had the most terrifying nightmare when this music came on.

youtube.com/watch?v=IdG7OSnyQnE

Lynch and Kubrick are both masters at constructing amazing atmosphere.

removing Jews from the script was probably Kubrick trying to cover his own back since he was basically exposing them

Too bad it didn't work and they still murdered him.

both are good.

both have style. both have substance.

quit being plebs and seperating things with these meaningless dichotomys. sounds like reddit.

I read once the United states were worried how accurately depicted the inside of a war plane for Dr strangelove was, and thought he had illegal intelligence or something, so him going above and beyond for his last film exposing elite rituals probably shocked the upper echelon.

A Clockwork Orange = Anti-globalism, The Shining=Anti-(((Federal Reserve))), Eyes Wide Shut=Anti-Rothschild. The man knew A LOT about the ways of his people and presumably came to despise them for it.

Kubrick was surely one of the good Jews. Of course, they also claim he went insane when word got out that he was anti-Semitic. They did the same thing to Henry Ford.

Kubrick was better at sending messages through film. Doctor Strangelove is god tier.

It will torture to my dying days because we won't know what exactly did Kubrick mean by that. He was so more intelligent and learned than we will be so it annoys me that we will never know. His family seems cucked as hell they won't release his library selection.

i wouldn't say he was a "good jew".
i say he was more like an objective observer of reality.

what about Odyssey 2001, Spartacus or Lolita? Do they have anything deep at all?

Sort of what I meant. Same thing applies to Bobby FIscher, although he denied being a Jew.

Lynch is my favorite but Kubrick is objectively better. Lynch's filmography is a bit all over the place as a result of him being an almost entirely instinctual filmmaker whereas Kubrick was an actual perfectionist.

Lynch

Oh sweet Jesus.
>2001 1080p
>2.57GBs
>Clockwork Orange 720p
>1.06GBs
>Barry Lyndon 1080p
>3.13GBs
You get the picture. I'll pass.

>lmao i'm so old!

Eyes Wide Shut = Anti-Quality

Seriously that movie was flaming dog shit.

It's hard to say, but I prefer Lynch. He often portrays middle America in a positive light. This has been a rare thing in Hollywood since the 70s. He's clearly nostalgic for whiter days. Blue Velvet is the epitome of this. None of the good guys have any weird neurotic hangups like the average jewish director would have given them. They're just normies who mean well and have to navigate a world with degeneracy in it.

Otto Muehl

>removing Jews from the script
Who said he did? Recall that one (((Victor Ziegler))) is present at the sex party. Also that Szandor fellow
who's likely a stand-in for (((Anton LaVey)))

2001 is such an extreme enigma, that I couldn't say. The best lead I have right now is that the novel (which was written concurrently) features the astronaut Dave achieving higher consciousness after travelling to Saturn. And who are the global elite often accused of worshipping? Saturn. Film changes it to Jupiter for reasons currently unknown to me.

Spartacus, I sincerely doubt has anything going on, as it really isn't a true Kubrick film. Also still haven't seen Lolita, but wouldn't be surprised if it's got some subtle references to the child sex slave ring for the rich. Also don't forget, satire or not...Dr. Strangelove ends with fascism destroying communism.

It gets better a few episodes in as the mystery thickens and characters emerge.
Also, thanks for mentioning the intro.

I think the only lynch thing I've seen is mulholland drive. I have a hard time believing there's a better director than kubrick. scorcese, spielberg, hitchcock are fairly close as well

The third season of Twin Peaks on Showtime has been the best thing on TV in recent years.

He was only able to do this because he was one of them. Yes he criticized the elite in his films, but they owned him. He may have resented that they owned him but he was still their pawn playing both sides.

That's fucking mind-blowing, dude. What do you mind by this?
>Also don't forget, satire or not...Dr. Strangelove ends with fascism destroying communism.

Kubrick disavowed Spartacus, although I think it's a great work. He got a brigade of the spanish army to play roman legionaries for fucks sake.

>commie writer had too much influence

Dr Strangelove was blue-pilled trash.
>Haha the red scare is phony (it wasn't)
>Haha these anti-commies are just nuts (they weren't)
>Haha dumb nazis were way worse than commies (they weren't)

2001 is a parable of the tech/AI/black screen totality we now live in

Lolita explores the relationship between America and Europe/the old world symbolically, both being manipulated by a mysterious third party. Nabokov may not have intended that in the novel, but Kubrick's take hints at a WWII metaphor.

wtf I love David Lynch now

just kidding, I've always loved him. One of the few authentic auteurs doing work now

both faggots, gas em both

Reason ; Both have faggot hair

youtube.com/watch?v=hhkRQUtD_Jo

The red scare it's always phony, no russian citizen it's waiting to invade america.

You watched Room 237 and think that's the only interpretation?
Retard.

He gets across the idea that having a democratically elected kike in charge instead of an Alpha aryan military man is retarded, which is pretty based.

I don't think that was the point. The main things I got from it were
>our leaders are often incompetent and make terrible decisions
>commies fuck up the world even when they're not trying to
>fascism is the dark fantasy of every man
>Kubrick disavowed Spartacus
but why

>Lolita explores the relationship between America and Europe/the old world symbolically, both being manipulated by a mysterious third party.

Scary. I can't grasp any reference now, but it fits.

He didn't mean removing jewish actors from the film. He meant removing the jewey essence.

Like how every single film or TV show has some line about jewishness, hannukah, etc.

(Ex: Night At The Museum where Ben Stiller's character just has to mention being 1/2 jewish for absolutely no reason)

Of course they still had that sleazy jewey music (you know what I mean) in the soundtrack so I 100% guarantee the film we saw in theaters was not his final intended work.

There were communists spies undercover in the highest levels of power. The Russians literally got the secrets of the atomic bomb through communist spies in the government.

Fuck off spic.

Absolutely, it did. Something like 35 minutes of material was cut out and subsequently destroyed.
He may have been on what you'd call "our side" even back then. How curious, too, that was his second film after fleeing the US, never to return or even leave England.
>Haha the red scare is phony (it wasn't)
Did you forget the part where the Russian agent just casually steals secrets while everyone's distracted?

No the red scare was that Soviets and communist sympathizers were infiltrating the US government and military (they were).

That communists were infiltrating news, education, and media to indoctrinate the population.

They destroyed Joe McCarthy for his "lies" and "smears" when all 17 of the people he accused of being communists turned out to be communists.

>They destroyed Joe McCarthy for his "lies" and "smears" when all 17 of the people he accused of being communists turned out to be communists.
shource?