Can a Brit explain to me what just happened?

Can a Brit explain to me what just happened?

May won by 8%, but people are calling this a defeat of Brexit.

What's going on exactly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZM6ujJ983c
youtube.com/watch?v=cVJZTxbCaKA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

May lost her majority in Parliament and ruined her reputation

What does this mean for Brexit and how many seats did she lose?

It's like Trump losing in 2018 the Senate, but not the House.

Brits are fucked now. New elections in fall.

>Start off with a majority in parliament
>Polls for the next GE show potential Labour massacre
>Call GE early
>Have a 20+ point lead
>End up not just losing you majority, but having a hung parliament

It's actually kinda impressive.

What was it that did her in?

Had to be self-sabotage, surely nobody is that incompetent?

talking about censoring the Internet while the bodies of the victims were still bleeding

Britain is pozd the same as it ever was.
>People actually brexit was going to do something instead of just becoming a talking point to make sure people know the parties are marginally different
Silly hopeful brits, get out while you can

How fucking stupid is this? Tell me if I'm correctly representing this. Basically May said, hey we want more seats to facilitate brexit, which has stalled and stagnated for months and months. Let me hold a snap knowing full well that there was a 52 48 split with swing leave voters having a bad taste in their mouth about the stagnation. What the fuck did she think would happen? I refuse to believe that anyone can be that stupid. There has to be another reason she called it.

We don't know what it means yet, it depends on who crawls out of the inbound tory infighting best off. She's lost by 10 seats, not much.

Women think a surveillance state is appealing as they've literally replaced husbands with the state

Potentially buckling to internal pressure within Tory party, but no-one really knows.

They need a majority (326 seats) to pass anything. Otherwise they'll need members of other parties votes to get anything done. That means they'll need to make deals that will hurt their agenda.

Literally can't be.

She promised she wouldn't call a snap election because they are considered bad taste in general. When she saw polling that gave Tories very favorable odds she decided to say fuck it, screw promises, I'm holding an election now.

And proceeded to fuck the Tories over.

>Be Woman
>Get into politics

>people go for Brexit in the hopes of reversing decades of social instability and the decay of any stable path in one's livelihood
>May spends the entire fucking election doing fuckall while Labour actually provides a coherent vision towards social stability and security in life, health, education, etc..

Social democracy is back fuckbois.

Just

That still doesn't make sense to me. Surely the amount of remoaner Tories is negligent? How could they get May to capitulate?

trading card games hold the answer

The infighting has been intense since Cameron buckled, there was a lot of back stabbing which lead to the exodus of the 'old boys club', and that void is still an ongoing fight to this day.

I've given up on the Brits, let them rot
They love their London mayor, they deserve everything that they get

politics is becoming really retarded lately.

Modern '''Democracy''' is a gigantic mistake.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZM6ujJ983c

seen this?

>trump losing in 2018
wat.jpg

>modern
Go home Finland

She wanted to lose, been saying this for weeks.
None of them want responsibility for brexit.

Corbyn celebrating 2nd is exactly why he shouldn't be PM

I'm not drunk yet.

Mandatory mentally retarded Finn

how will Jonathan Pie react to this

You think they didn't want to actually go through with Brexit, so they messed up on purpose so tha they wouldn't be able to?

Lots.
>Terrorism
2 big terrorist attacks in the weeks before the election. May was Home Secretary and cut lots of police numbers. With that, she was away selling weapons to the Saudis just a couple of weeks before the attacks. While that was happening, for the first time I started seeing the media question the Saudis links to terrorism, which I doubt helped.
>Disastrous manifest launch.
She tried fucking not-particularly-well-off OAPs, so instead of being able to use them to boost her vote, they probably went to Labour instead. Then she did a U-turn within a day, I think. When your slogan is "strong and stable" flipping that quickly doesn't project the right message.
>Debates
She sent Amber Rudd in her place, while Corbyn turned up (he also gave a good debate desu).
>Censorship
Probably didn't help attract the right-ish leaning young.

I just don't think she's that bright.

I don't think Brexit (or rather remain sentiment) played that much of a role in the election desu, that might sound strange, but the Lib Dems were the only party to run on an explicitly remain platform, and they saw their vote share shrink. Meanwhile here's Corbyn on the EU
youtube.com/watch?v=cVJZTxbCaKA
He's always been a Euroskeptic. I think the reason above made more of an impact.

Mandatory
>burger education

Congressional elections are in 2018 here.

She alienated major Tory voters, old people, by talking about cutting their bennies. She alienated young conservatives and UKIP types by talking about censoring the web--a huge no-no for most anyone, actually, save the very old folks who don't use it and don't give a shit. Most of all, she's not personable, didn't do enough campaigning (remind you of someone?) AND she pissed off the 50-ish % of Brits who voted for Brexit and want it to happen fucking yesterday by procrastinating the process like the neocon remainer retard she is. Dumb, dumb, dumb, stupid, stupid, stupid. I hope she gets ousted in favor of someone less oppressive and more entertaining.

I knew this was a ploy to scupper brexit as soon as it was called, completely obvious

This is what I think. She was anti-Brexit. She feigns wanting a hard Brexit, calls a retard election, say "woopsie doopsies" and backs away from the fire she started.

>what's going on exactly
>calls others mentally retarded

At least you jumped on the Finnhate bandwagon :DDD

Why would she start talking about shit like censoring the internet and fox hunting on the eve of an election like this? She knew it was about Brexit and immigration.

How many elections does U.K. have ffs. They need to do the world a favor and suicide by nuke and get it over with. Suicide by paki is taking too long.

Yeah, she should have been talking about a travel ban (lol but really), more money to counter terrorism and police, and visiting the surviving victims, holding their hands, and acting like she gave a shit about English people. Instead she began blathering an excellent imitation of Big Brother. STUPID bint.

She's no Merkel that's for sure ;>)

Brexit is still happening, but it might be a soft Brexit as part of a coalition.

can't deny that's well-put

It wasn't at all mate. It was about what path forward provided a better, more dignified existence. Labour's vision for a mass controlled future won out over May's empty brexit.

Labour government by next year.

This post is the most accurate summary

>2 big terrorist attacks in the weeks before the election. May was Home Secretary and cut lots of police numbers. With that, she was away selling weapons to the Saudis just a couple of weeks before the attacks. While that was happening, for the first time I started seeing the media question the Saudis links to terrorism, which I doubt helped.
all exceptionally terrible, totally right

Why else would they hold a snap then? What other hot button issue is Britain facing that the Tories needed more seats for? I'll tell you something even more strange sounding. I simply cannot accept that there are "stupid" politicians. Nefarious certainly, but not stupid.

Apparently their parliament have big dicks or something.

I told brits if they had any manhood theyd vote UKIP since all their politicians hate them anyway.

They DO NOT have any balls. Fuck those cucks.

You're retarded because you're pointing out something so incredibly obvious hat most 12 year olds are aware of it

And you're even more of a fucking idiot because you thought that I was defending democracy in my post

Sorry friend you seem to have gotten lost on your way to reddit

ukip didn't even stand in many constituencies.

Feed me more excuses cuck

Get your purse

hey styx

The Tories had a 19 MP (I think it was 19 anyway) majority, May was a remainer, Courts had ruled that any Brexit deal had to be debated in parliament, polls were were showing a Tory landslide. What probably happened was May hoped that she could increase her majority and then get a softer deal with the EU, since she would no longer be beholden to the fringes of the party.

theresa may is globalist stooge fuckstain who was a remainer. She did this to stay in power but cripple up the forces of change so Brexit will be delayed and stalled yet again.
Unfortunately for her and comrade corbyn and the whole shit show of politics, it's real Brexit NOW or a third Civil War. Entirely up to them.

What the fuck is wrong with you, UKIP isn't even a real party anymore

HUNG PARLIAMENT,
It's literally what happens when neither party wins a majority. The people have literally voted to fuck the system. In parliamentary systems this is possible, if you want to fuck the system in the US you have to elect a madman.

Hung parliament basically mean the government can't do anything without support from the minor parties.

How many times do you people have to pass that shit? I admit I'm not an expert on your politics, but it seems like every two months some decision is due to be made that "could defeat Brexit", and the left gets themselves giddy that "Brexit will fail this time, we beat it", and then it passes and there's much salt.

At this point it seems like the only way to finalize Brexit would be if you all unanimously grabbed oars and physically rowed your island farther away from the European continent.

>What just happened?

The Overjew won!
>May played her part by calling an election and then being a complete retard during campaign.
>Hung parliament means they will be arguing over every fucking thing and nothing will get done.
>Ergo, Brexit postponed until we can sort this mess out.

The Masons and Jews in charge want to provoke civil unrest. The terror hoaxes are not working, so messing with Brexit might do the trick. The Tories can't do it, as they said they would stick to the vote result. It's all a psy-op and a sham. This country stinks!

>UKIP isn't even a real party anymore
The brainwashing has taken root I see

Sup Forums is 100% Jewish alaves at this point larping as anti semites

Big difference, in the US a madman was used to UNfuck the system. Things can happen with a madman, jammed parliament is stasis.

Oh it's just one of you guys. Don't worry I'm still tubular for Tulsi

You're a slave

this is a massive validation of him and his politics and it shuts up the new labour shills forever

Are the 4 seats that are left for labour or conservative? Is one of the seats Kensington and are labour going to win it?

I went to Kensington / Knightsbridge for the first time in years recently and the seat across from Harrods is literally Little Middle East

>slave
Sorry that's our meme you can't steal it

he did better than anyone ever expected, and he gained a fuck tone of seats aswell.

>May won by 8%, but people are calling this a defeat of Brexit.

Not enough seats (think electoral college sort of) to have a majority, now they have to go into coalition. Getting us out of the EU just became much harder.

>How many times do you people have to pass that shit?
Well:
>Elected a party that promised a referendum
>Voted in the referendum
*Mad lefties*
>Government was just going to push ahead with triggering article 50
>Court challenge
>Courts rule that there needs to be a vote on triggering article 50
>Ayes have it
*Mad lefties*
>Letter delivered to EU, triggering article 50
*Triggered lefties*
Now there needs to be at least one more vote on the final deal. So probably 5 in total.

Yea, I prefer hung parliament desu. If the madman is on my side of politics I don't care but if not....well.

Wow what a fuckup. How will britbongs ever recover

May got Malcolm Turnbull'd

This is amazing, the conservatives and Labour will be too busy fighting for seats that neither can implement their own nightmarish dystopia.

Maybe they'll actually try to appeal to moderates again.

Its like if the republican party had 2/3 majority in house and senate. When would not need to reach across the aisle to get shit done. When had it, and then blew it. BIGLY. Now when the tory conservatives to in to negotiations over Brexit, they have to reach out to come up with an agreement to make everyone happy in negotiations. Right pain in the ass.

What would the Tories have to concede to DUP for coalition? Where do they diverge, platform-wise?

The UK establishment never intended to implement BREXIT, why the fark would David Cameron resign as PM after the UK voted for BREXIT??? Why would the High Court in the UK rule in favour of a challenge to the process of the UK leaving BREXIT after a very half hearted performance from the UK Attorney General in court??? Why would Theresa May call an election when she has three years of her term as PM remaining??? It all demonstrates that the public have no stake in their government. The shills have been shilling for the last 12 months so as to undermine the process. Will we here accusations of so called "Russian influence" in the result???? Of course not, because the (((Globalists))) got the result they wanted. This result will embolden the (((Globalists))) and their useful idiot allies the (((cultural marxists))) to shill for Trump's removal.

he gained more seats than anyone saw coming
he lost TM her majority

absolutely the best possible outcome for him

this time next week he will still be labour leader
TM won't be tory leader

Hmm, you may be right. But won't that also mean that neither of them will be able to implement Brexit?

At least Japan's not entirely screwed by the Jew.

You're right.

We should just challenge the Islamic state with Yugioh. That how they solve all their problems in the show. I'd like to see Isis leaders take on the game's greatest autists.

This, though I hope you guys sort it out sooner rather than later, our politics have been fucked since the labor leadership spill at the end of the Rudd govt.

A country can only remain jammed so long before it collapses all together.

Why won't TM be leader?

Its probably going to make things difficult, but its not the end of the world.

Brexit takes a back seat to not having either party institute its own version of 1984.

What is the explanation to this ? Fake polls at it again ? Did britts suddenly turn into commies ?

That's not the point. The point is that she have up a 25 point lead and a majority just because she wanted to push things like fox hunting and a dementia tax, things that have made people hate the Tories since forever. It's especially rich since she was the one who wanted to dispel the notion that the Tories were the "nasty party."

A manifesto so unbelievably shit it's hard to believe it wasn't on purpose.

>why the fark would David Cameron resign as PM after the UK voted for BREXIT
Because he'd quite heavily thrown his weight behind remain, I don't know about Australia, but it's tradition in Britain to fall on your sword when your party fails at something with you quite clearly at the helm. Although May seems like she might be breaking with tradition.

>Why would the High Court in the UK rule in favour of a challenge to the process of the UK leaving BREXIT
All the High Court voted on was that article 50 and the subsequent deal needed to be put before Parliament.

>Why would Theresa May call an election when she has three years of her term as PM remaining???
You're actually onto something here see

Brexit will happen either way, it was voted for. An election isn't going to cancel a democratic result, the only difference is whether or not it'll be a "soft" or "hard" brexit

She will fall on her sword

She called this election for electoral gains and fucked it up MAJORLY

No one, not even her own party, would want her fucking up brexit as badly as she fucked this campaign

Shitty polling. Got a load of old people with money, much like the US polling clearly got a shitload of boomers.

>Brexit takes a back seat to not having either party institute its own version of 1984.

Tories= 1984 Labour = brave new world

Brexit will be cancelled and the Bernie can become president

it's basic math? you need over half of the 650 votes to win. if you get 325 votes and the remaining 325 votes are split up between 325 parties, you still lose(tie). you could win 300 votes and the next highest party could get 100 votes, and the rest of th eparties get the other 250 between them (alot of parties), you would get the most votes, but still not get more than half. you would have 46% of the vote compared to the next highest who would have 16%, so you would beat them by 30%, but still not have a majority.

Other countries have had referendums like this be completely ignored before, its possible for our brexit one to also be denied now

The big bonus about a hung parliament is the fact the fuckers can't do anything until the next election. It gives the people breathing room to decide which right honourable cunts they want running the show.